54 replies to this topic
Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 June 2017 - 05:12 AM

I won't get it.

Watch Dogs 2 improved on that franchise, and with Agents of Mayhem having all the over the top sh*t then that COULD potentially allow Saints Row to have a more grounded state similar to SR 1 and 2. Those would be enough to satisfy me.

Anyone whose played GTA Online at least once knows about how sh*tty their servers are. You wouldn't be able to play AT ALL if the clouds or rockstar services are down.

I've yet to pre-order RDR 2, cause I'm waiting to see if it'll follow in GTA V's example. Where SP got f*cked in the ass and Online keeps getting updates while SP is rotting in its grave..... if it does, I'm not buying RDR 2 I'll just watch GTA Series play through it.

• Payne Killer and DimitriFaustin like this

Shade04rek
  • Shade04rek

Nothin But A Buster

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 June 2017 - 02:49 PM Edited by Shade04rek, 09 June 2017 - 02:50 PM.

Not buy it. If the actual gta 6 is "gtao 2", that would pretty much mean og gta is dead.

It should actually be the opposite, gtavi should be strictly singleplayer, and gtao should be a separate $60 standalone game taking place on the same map/engine, kinda like what the eflc standalones were to gtaiv, but dedicated to just multiplayer. In v, they just hurt each other existing on the same disc.
  • theGTAking101 and Payne Killer like this

VictorVince1239
  • VictorVince1239

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 June 2017 - 03:54 PM

Has this been posted before? (warning; it's jimquisition and therefore inherently NSFW; he likes to swear)

The reason I post it is that Jim spends 10 minutes eviscerating the head of Take Two for saying they haven't been making enough money from GTA Online. (Only half a billion dollars, but never mind the details, I guess.) And this got me thinking that if T2 have this attitude then GTA VI is likely to be just a portal to the next generation of GTA Online, if you catch my drift, that making money out of the SP will be nice an' all, but ... hey, buddy... those microtransactions, aye? Thar's gold in them thar hills!

tl;dr T2 want your gold, and MP is the way to get more of it than you -- greedy little skiver you've been all these years -- have been giving them. So, single player, that's nice, but only so we can microtransaction you dry, matey!

Rockstar: Half a Billion? this is bull sh*t! we want the whole damn thing!

VictorVince1239
  • VictorVince1239

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 June 2017 - 04:03 PM Edited by VictorVince1239, 09 June 2017 - 04:04 PM.

Anyway I believe Rockstar will keep individual play in the main story but eventually develop the game so that it's also optional to invite up to 4 of your friends or randoms you've worked with over to help you out with that, and they'll probably make Shark Cards available either way so that they can make more money with both that and the GTA Online multiplayer stuff.  

Especially if they run with 4 characters like I mentioned in the female protagonist topic. 

GamesBoy316
  • GamesBoy316

Grove Street

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2017 - 01:58 AM

I won't buy it and instead just stay with the other GTA's (San Andreas, GTA IV, etc).

otto62
  • otto62

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 June 2017 - 07:18 PM

I understand that shareholders are of much greater importance than us bothersome, profit impeding customers but I'd ask for an SP only modifiable trainer friendly version (i'll pay more). Or (with all due disrespect...) F Off I'll find somewhere else to play...and then THEY will have my $$$  

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 June 2017 - 07:23 PM

I just hope that microtransactions don't make their way into SP where it's pay $5 to jack a car.

Pavle
  • Pavle

The Prodigal Son

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Serbia
  • Best Crew 2016 [The Daily Globe]
    Shania Twain Superfan
    Biggest Profile Stalker 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Best Serb 2015
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016
    14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017

Posted 19 June 2017 - 07:56 PM

I'm not really a R* fanboy, but I love their games. If this were to happen, I wouldn't play it. Wouldn't buy, wouldn't pirate, etc. I'm not a fan of online games (only play like two) so I just wouldn't really do anything. I barely play online, and if R* would choose to take this path, their decision, I'd live with it.

etc

DimitriFaustin
  • DimitriFaustin

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 June 2017 - 08:46 PM

Simple, I'll just save my money and keep playing GTAs 1-5. Period. 

ChrisTronn
  • ChrisTronn

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 June 2017 - 09:13 PM

Cant imagine this would be a smart move...

Homemade Dynamite
  • Homemade Dynamite

Is this easy mode?

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Concept 2015 [GTA Online: Liberty City Expansion]

Posted 20 June 2017 - 04:48 AM

Wouldn't surprise me considering that Online is all they care about nowadays.

Jakemo
  • Jakemo

FrostyGen

• Members
  • United-States
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 22 June 2017 - 05:55 AM Edited by Jakemo, 22 June 2017 - 05:56 AM.

I could definitely see rockstar splitting GTA into two different games. One an online only game similar to the current GTA online. And an entirely separate game focused solely on single player. Would definitely make both experiences better if they did it this way, IMO.

Shaundi.
  • Shaundi.

ネオ トッキオ

• Daily Globe
  • Australia

Posted 22 June 2017 - 07:50 AM

It would be a very dumb move but I can see it happening in the future and if it ever does, the series would be dead to me.
  • Great Britain likes this

Queen Elizabeth II
  • Queen Elizabeth II

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 22 June 2017 - 07:29 PM

I would play a good game - GTA IV.

ViceBoy69
  • ViceBoy69

Prankster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 June 2017 - 09:15 PM

I wouldnt buy it, multiplayer only is no good to me.

Id just surround myself in my old titles and remember the good times

• Official General likes this

PsychoAnarchy666
  • PsychoAnarchy666

GTA Fan Boy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2017 - 02:42 AM

I'm perfectly ok with that. Look at GTAV,story mode doesn't exist to most of us lol

leaflinks
  • leaflinks

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 July 2017 - 02:09 PM

guys how would you react?if gta 6 would be 100% online and no story mode at all?

I wouldn't purchase it, at the end of the day, one could always lose web access for financial reasons, today it is important to have web access, so many services are that way now.

I own a PS3, and 360, so I doubt any future release would be for that. But yes for consoles like one and PS4, I certainly just wouldn't get it. Just trying to go online not long ago for V on 360, it didn't work, not sure if I had arrived too late or what ever, but I did purchase it and it didn't work, so I had to cancel my debit card to stop a renewal, as there was no way to switch one off. Now that off putting big time!

Gettin up
  • Gettin up

Thug

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 15 July 2017 - 12:52 AM

In that case I wouldn't believe it's real gta 6.

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

Bitchass Bullsh*t

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 4 weeks ago

GTA V would be the last R* masterpiece and would be my last R* to be played

JB1982
  • JB1982

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

I simply wouldn't buy it if it's Online only. I've not played Online and have no intention to. So I would just stick to replaying the older games along with other game series that I like.

DaddyDirection
  • DaddyDirection

Sic Parvis Magna

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

I wouldn't buy it. Period. I'm getting really tired of these "multiplayer" only titles. They bore me.

ragedandcaged
  • ragedandcaged

OPPRESSOR OVERLORD

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

I will still buy it. Day one. I prefer mp to sp.

Neickup
  • Neickup

I don't like bread.

• Members
  • France

Posted 3 weeks ago

This would be a really bad move. Alot of fans would desagree and would let know (see what happened when they shut down mods on PC). 

But, if it was the case, I... I really don't know. Guess I'll buy myself a really good PC and replay GTA 4 with a lot of mods. Then I'll get married, have children, forget about GTA, and die. 

Am Shaegar
  • Am Shaegar

Chartered Accountant

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

What can i do? I'll not buy the game, pretty obvious. I am a single player only.

simond1986
  • simond1986

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

it cud happen cuz onlines success

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users