Photo

I really, really hope Rockstar will finally fix the idiotic wanted sys

15 replies to this topic
oglocindahouse
  • oglocindahouse

Lost John

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 June 2017 - 11:32 AM Edited by oglocindahouse, 04 June 2017 - 11:33 AM.

-tem. Hear me out. I'm in Escalera, and I walk into a church alone. Its evening, nobody is inside the church and not many npcs are around at the time. I find a drawer which I decide to look in. IMMEDIATELY I get a high wanted level and from nowhere mexican soldiers start going crazy shooting at me from outside the church from all directions even though noone could have seen I looked in the drawer let alone even known someone was in the church. 

Similarly, if you kill a person in the middle of nowhere desert or on top of a mountain in GTA V you get instant wanted level even though no one sees it happen. This game mechanic seems somewhat old and it has always been in Rockstars games. IMO, its unrealistic, annoying and most of all it is not a fun gameplay mechanic. So please Rockstar, if you see this, DO NOT give me an instant wanted level if no one was around and actually saw what crime I committed. Its f*cking stupid.
  • GutterMouthPWG, Lock N' Stock, DoomsdayFAN and 8 others like this

confederatestatesgta
  • confederatestatesgta

garou the badass hero hunter from one punch man.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 June 2017 - 04:39 AM

wow that sucks. maybe a fly saw you open the drawer and telepathically told the Mexican army,

• Darrel, Meekail, UltraGizmo64 and 3 others like this

Dee.
  • Dee.

GTAV= Style over substance

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 June 2017 - 05:32 AM

Heres hoping. Lets hope animals cant call the cops on you like in GTAV....

• Lock N' Stock, Synthol, Pedinhuh and 1 other like this

confederatestatesgta
  • confederatestatesgta

garou the badass hero hunter from one punch man.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 June 2017 - 05:53 AM

I know right that is so stupid but hilarious.

wapster
  • wapster

Gentleman thief

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 June 2017 - 07:46 AM

Let's be honest that was probably a bird seeing you and alerting the authorities, just like in last-gen GTA 5. Let's hope R* fixes it; if someone can fix it in 5 minutes using notepad like in GTA 5, then a developer can do it.

UshaB
  • UshaB

Nacho Libre - "I wanna weeeeeen!"

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 June 2017 - 02:29 PM

Mexicans were the first to develop the silent alarm system for drawers (specifically for drawers) back in those days so it makes sense......heheh

• Lock N' Stock, Jon Jon and _Complexity like this

DoomsdayFAN
  • DoomsdayFAN

ICE

• Members
  • Iceland

Posted 19 June 2017 - 07:14 PM

Yeah, the wanted system is totally bogus. I remember in GTA V being out in the middle of nowhere shooting my gun into the hillside and after like 10 seconds of doing this I got a wanted level. WTF!!!

alex3
  • alex3

\m/ o_o \m/

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 19 June 2017 - 07:54 PM

Yeah, the wanted system is totally bogus. I remember in GTA V being out in the middle of nowhere shooting my gun into the hillside and after like 10 seconds of doing this I got a wanted level. WTF!!!

I remember driving into a pedestrian and I got a wanted level even before the guy hit the ground.

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Get down on it!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 20 June 2017 - 12:45 AM

I remember driving into a pedestrian and I got a wanted level even before the guy hit the ground.

Nothing beats walking near a cop, awnsering the phone and being shot to pieces.
  • UltraGizmo64 and Dee. like this

FirstDegreeDonny
  • FirstDegreeDonny

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 October 2017 - 06:08 PM

Not to mention how the authorities ALWAYS seem to know where you are, even if nobody sees you move. Guess the cops/lawmen are great at guessing!
  • Lock N' Stock likes this

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 October 2017 - 07:40 PM

GTA V had one of the most broken wanted systems ever. For the massive level of enjoyment there was to be had in the game, the psychic cops with pin-point accuracy heavily ruined it.

NikosUncle
  • NikosUncle

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 04 October 2017 - 05:08 AM

Is is too hard to code or something? Like shooting a silenced pistol in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night can get you a wanted level in gtav.

Nutduster
  • Nutduster

Big Mean Jerk

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 October 2017 - 05:02 PM Edited by Nutduster, 04 October 2017 - 05:03 PM.

Is is too hard to code or something? Like shooting a silenced pistol in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night can get you a wanted level in gtav.

I don't know how hard it is to code, but considering that stealth works reasonably well in GTA V (not so much in GTA Online), you'd think the wanted level stuff could work similarly.  Just for some reason it doesn't.  It's weird that you can sneak around a compound in V, killing one guy at a time until they're all dead, but you can't fire a pistol on the side of a mountain without getting a wanted level.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 04 October 2017 - 07:21 PM

I never had any problem with Red Dead's wanted system. You could either clear your bounty or deal with the law tracking you down from time to time, leading to sometimes epic impromptu gunfights. I think I had something like a 50,000 dollar bounty on me at one point.

• SaINtMaRc likes this

OhShitDatBoi
  • OhShitDatBoi

Snitch

• Members
  • Moldova

Posted 04 October 2017 - 08:07 PM

I don't like this system.Makes my usual massacres feel punished in the game.I don't want tht.

_Complexity
  • _Complexity

All Knowing

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 October 2017 - 08:30 PM

The Hills Have Eyes  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users