Photo

Should I send my pc to repair but gunrunning comes out this month

6 replies to this topic
Quinn_flower
  • Quinn_flower

S.T.A.R.S Unit/The Dear R* Girl

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Quinn_flower, 2 weeks ago.

And I don't want to miss it esp if there are limited shirts.

Basically my lappy is running hot like thermal throttling levels.

So dell tells me it will take 10 days but what if when I send it gunrunning comes out and I miss my chance at the new shirts that are limited.

Any tips?

Yinepi
  • Yinepi

Wepwawet Wannabe

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 2 weeks ago

If you keep your laptop running at such heat you'll cause damage to the circuitry, which means you won't be able to play GTAO at all. Best repair your computer.

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★RIP Open IV★☆

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 2 weeks ago

how hot are we talking about?

do you use Hwmonitor or something?

Muilisx
  • Muilisx

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Probably just needs fresh thermal paste. Super easy to do....I do it on my rig once a year because I take my whole case apart, and clean everything down. I also change the thermal paste in TONS of PS4s as Sony is still using crap thermal paste like they did in PS3.  PS4 fans sound like a jet in as little as a month of playing due to that stock paste drying up already.......I bought my PS4.....took it home...before I plugged it in for the first time I took it apart, cleaned off that half dry garbage, put some MX-2...now my fan is stage 1 idle...stage 2 in a game...never on stage 3 and 4., can barely hear it.

However, unfortunately, right after I put in a 1TB WD Black drive, my drug addict uncle stole it, and pawned it for hardly anything at all for a fix so since then I've been playing GTA V on PC, and rocket league

but yea,.......u need new fresh thermal paste, and everything will be fine

Quinn_flower
  • Quinn_flower

• Members
  • Japan

Posted A week ago

how hot are we talking about?
do you use Hwmonitor or something?

Yes I do core 88c using Rivatuner and 205f with thermal throttling in red saying yes

MechanicMammal
  • MechanicMammal

Trick

• Members

Posted A week ago

If it is still under warranty then send it back.

As mentioned above reapplication of thermal paste is a proper fix.

But just cleaning any dust or debris from the vents should help,

If you are not confident about dismantling the case you can use compressed air and a vacuum to dislodge any blockages but be careful not to blow or suck areas which contain things like speakers.

Has this laptop run GTA 5 in the past with no issues? and what is the spec is it?

Not saying it is but it is possible that you do not meet required spec or are using to high settings.

Some more obvious things that can cause overheating include obstructing the vents by having it on your lap or on bed sheets.

Quinn_flower
  • Quinn_flower

• Members
  • Japan

Posted A week ago

If it is still under warranty then send it back.

As mentioned above reapplication of thermal paste is a proper fix.

But just cleaning any dust or debris from the vents should help,

If you are not confident about dismantling the case you can use compressed air and a vacuum to dislodge any blockages but be careful not to blow or suck areas which contain things like speakers.

Has this laptop run GTA 5 in the past with no issues? and what is the spec is it?

Not saying it is but it is possible that you do not meet required spec or are using to high settings.

Some more obvious things that can cause overheating include obstructing the vents by having it on your lap or on bed sheets.

yea it ran just fine. its alienware r4 17 with 1070 and g sync with a i7 i7 6700hq. like it stutters and my fps is allover the place. its not gta only though. i had a dell tech rep came to my apt and ''fixed'' it he repasted it twice.

• MechanicMammal likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users