Why are Tryhards"(rebreathers) so good at gunfights

332 replies to this topic
Synthwave
  • Synthwave

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 June 2017 - 08:26 PM

About the rebreather it looks similar to Banes' mask from Dark Knight Rises.

If I pull their rebreathers off, will they die?

It would be extremely painful...
  • Einsteinbomb, R3CON, Switchblade Eyes and 1 other like this

Coninefan
  • Coninefan

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 June 2017 - 08:39 PM

I'd rather be at a competitive disadvantage than dress like an imbecile

• gtafan26, We Are Ninja, dtsmucker and 10 others like this

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Get down on it!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 03 June 2017 - 08:46 PM

Standard fps2 controller settings + rng + master the interaction menu (bst*ewo*buy ammo*buzzard/ghost)+ master jet =tryhard...outfit doesnt matter.

To be fair Standard FPS 2 controller layout is probably the best layout for first person, and avoids triggering the editor when you don't want to.

Arrows to Athens
  • Arrows to Athens

Far, far away...

• Members
  • England

Posted 03 June 2017 - 08:48 PM

Lag switch, scuff controllers, BST, etc.

SHADOW OPS
  • SHADOW OPS

NINJA STYLE

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Improved GTA Member 2017

Posted 03 June 2017 - 08:57 PM

It would be extremely painful...

For you
  • Shadowfennekin, IamCourtney, Einsteinbomb and 3 others like this

Picklez
  • Picklez

There's always wood to chop.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 June 2017 - 09:06 PM

All the salty tears in this thread feeds us tryhards even more :) Y'all the reason we do this :)

Go play a balaced game and get dicked on in it.

• A Maned Wolf, Dream-_-Traveler and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

JayceonDub063
  • JayceonDub063

New guy

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 03 June 2017 - 10:03 PM

I once killed a tryhard that had a KD of 5.02

With the Gusenberg Sweeper...SIX TIMES😂😂😂
The way they scramble for cover is hilarious. You just gotta wait for them to slip up...and take advantage.
  • BLACK DYNAM1TE and AfroKloud like this

Arrows to Athens
  • Arrows to Athens

Far, far away...

• Members
  • England

Posted 03 June 2017 - 10:05 PM

All the salty tears in this thread feeds us tryhards even more :) Y'all the reason we do this :)

Go play a balaced game and get dicked on in it.

But what game is perfectly 'balanced'?

Pinkarella
  • Pinkarella

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 June 2017 - 10:11 PM

I do not like these players at all, most carry their little duffleb(f)ag as well, I guess they`re harder to hit because of the glitched stuff they wear. They might be bullsharking 24/7, suiciding, snacking behind corners and of course skill, not all of them but still a few are respectable players, most of them are not respected by me. I just hate them...

• AfroKloud likes this

Arrows to Athens
  • Arrows to Athens

Far, far away...

• Members
  • England

Posted 03 June 2017 - 10:18 PM Edited by Arrows to Athens, 03 June 2017 - 10:28 PM.

I do not like these players at all, most carry their little duffleb(f)ag as well, I guess they`re harder to hit because of the glitched stuff they wear. They might be bullsharking 24/7, suiciding, snacking behind corners and of course skill, not all of them but still a few are respectable players, most of them are not respected by me. I just hate them...

''most carry their little duffleb(f)ag as well''

I'm in bad sport, where all the tryhards and narcissists dwell, and I rarely ever encounter players with duffel bags. If anything, I encounter more parachute-wearing players. Look out for grey/white and/or dread lock haired and facepaint-sporting players with very high K/Ds and capitalized names with underscores and combat-related terms, such as death, killer, warrior, legend, god, etc., or barcode names, like IlIllIlIIlIl. Players with GTA in their names are just desperate.

''I guess they`re harder to hit because of the glitched stuff they wear.''

I have two outfits with duffel bags and a glitched mask + hat, and I'm pretty sure they don't make you any harder to hit.

• PwnageSoldier likes this

Lay
  • Lay

ToothpickShaker

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 June 2017 - 10:36 PM

I have a question, why is it that once y'all ass gets handed to y'all rifle vs rifle, y'all run to your explosives? Are y'all proud of that bitch move or is it part of the rebreather lifestyle?

Or why many of them get their ass handed to them in deathmatches

• Picklez likes this

Darkshadows
  • Darkshadows

Boring guy

• Members
  • Colombia

Posted 03 June 2017 - 10:36 PM

A good player is a jack of all trades capable of adapting to the situation

A tryhard is an awful player without his cheap tactics

Unless you know how to spam rockets and bullsh*t testosterone you don't really stand a chance against them.

• Arrows to Athens likes this

Skeve613
  • Skeve613

Cargobob at heart.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 June 2017 - 10:37 PM

The rage of tryhards is usually a lot more rewarding than that of non-tryhards. They get angrier and lose it more quickly.

They're best scraped up in a Savage; gives the optimal flavour.

One of the reasons I like fighting tryhards is specifically because it's usually easy to put them on tilt and make them play worse, if you are able to piss them off early on.  :lol:

XCJ655X
  • XCJ655X

Fan since San Andreas

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 June 2017 - 10:42 PM

Easy way to deal with tryhards is get 2 friends hop into a hydra and watch them EWO constantly and leave.

If i run into one of these guys i don't even bother with a groundfight easier to piss them off from the skies

Arrows to Athens
  • Arrows to Athens

Far, far away...

• Members
  • England

Posted 03 June 2017 - 11:19 PM

A good player is a jack of all trades capable of adapting to the situation

A tryhard is an awful player without his cheap tactics

Unless you know how to spam rockets and bullsh*t testosterone you don't really stand a chance against them.

CEO practically ruined PvP, or simply just made it worse than it already is. Trollstar is the one we should be blaming here. Let's just see if the gunrunning update will do any justice.

• Gtapizzadouche14 and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

GTAForumsGod
  • GTAForumsGod

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 June 2017 - 11:54 PM

who the f*ck skips story mode

Tryhards, basically the OP is just a clueless tryhard who started the thread to get info in the hope of becoming a fully-fledged tryhard
Or maybe they just didn't like the story? I got halfway through on PS3 in the time between GTAV's release and the launch of GTAO and by then I was so disinterested in the plot and characters that I was itching to get into Online, which I hadn't really been all that interested in pre-release. On PS4 I played enough to launch Online and not a second more.

GTAV SP was a huge disappointment to me, who considers R*'s previous stories in GTAIV and RDR to be tied as my all-time favourite game narratives. GTAV as a complete package would be gathering dust if GTAO hadn't redeemed it.

But you bought it with the intent of playing SP and you had a go at it before deciding you didn't like it. The OP only bought it with the intent of being a freeroam tryhard, like 99% of COD players have no interest in the campaign mode. My comment was meant as a joke, don't take it too seriously

lol, Actually, I started playing GTA V Online last Summer, because due to school priorities(High School-College)I never even bother to even play GTA 4. Until my sister's bf gave her his old ps3 and a copy of GTA V, I saw her playing it at her apartment, told me it was good and fun and blah blah blah and that I should check it out. Long story short, I played it, went around Los Santos exploring things, not doing a single mission until  a month later I saw the option of GTA Online, and yeah there you go.

Also, with respect to COD, I heard so much about that series, when I purchased my PS4 it came with the COD Infinite Warfare & Modern Warfare (supposedly 1 of the best COD ever), they are alright, especially MW, but I have absolutely ZERO interest in playing online Deathmatches locked in first person view. Seriously, why do people even bother buying COD every year? I have very little interest in COD Online, I hate first person shooters, they get me dizzy, and for a shooter game, they have very limited movement mechanics. I'll take 3rd person shooters any time. And contrary to what you assume, if the COD games allowed 3rd person view, I'll probably be more willing to invest my money in them, again not for online but for the story itself. So that's that.

And no, I don't think I'm a tryhard because most of the time I play Online I'm actually customizing my various cars(my favorite thing on GTA Online), grinding for money, and just driving around the city in passive mode. When I get in gunfights,  I very very rarely use Off- Radar and even less so Ghost Organization, too expensive. I think that's a very cheap tactic to use, and I don't go around picking fights with weaker players, unless one weak player is picking on an even weaker player, then I get involve. Finally, does wearing Pink Cowboy boots, Magenta shorts, no shirt, Red Cowboy Hat, and Pink Aviators look like a tryhard? I also have a Shark and Sword Fish tattoos on my chest with a Bikini body hair. I just love people's reactions when they see me.

• Arrows to Athens and PwnageSoldier like this

REDDICE
  • REDDICE

Either you gimmie dat booty or imma take it

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 June 2017 - 12:43 AM Edited by REDDICE0818, 04 June 2017 - 12:45 AM.

There's nothing a Tryhard hates more than running into another Tryhard.

That's why when ever I run into any Tryhard, I adopt their cheap tactics and give them a taste of their own medicine.

If they make a run for their Hydra I just start Fully Loaded... and you know where this is going.

And don't feel bad about getting killed by a Tryhard because...

HEALTH: IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

|_____________| |___|

|                  |

Cops         Tryhard

• dtsmucker, Gridl0k, Jedi_n1te and 2 others like this

Arrows to Athens
  • Arrows to Athens

Far, far away...

• Members
  • England

Posted 04 June 2017 - 12:48 AM

There's nothing a Tryhard hates more than running into another Tryhard.

That's why when ever I run into any Tryhard, I adopt their cheap tactics and give them a taste of their own medicine.

If they make a run for their Hydra I just start Fully Loaded... and you know where this is going.

And don't feel bad about getting killed by a Tryhard because...

HEALTH: IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

|_____________| |___|

|                  |

Cops         Tryhard

When a a tryhard goes against another tryhard, after about an hour of battle, the score will be like 3 - 2 due to the fact that they will always be insta-killing themselves over the smallest drop of health.

• Einsteinbomb, Dream-_-Traveler and Gtapizzadouche14 like this

GenericGTAO
  • GenericGTAO

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 June 2017 - 01:04 AM Edited by GenericGTAO, 04 June 2017 - 01:05 AM.

Tryhards play in first person as well as rule...forgot to mention it. For some stange reason the marksman rifle works better. I resisted 1st person for months after figuring out fps2, but it makes such a difference...now if its a gun fight in freeroam, only 1st person, the weapons switch faster which is also dumb, additionally there is no need to spam the run button, 1st person is superior to 3rd combat in almost every respect. One flaw for me at least, if I drop a sticky upon spawning alot of the time it disappears. I really only do it if I am fighting a jet.

Anyone who brings up dms...they are so laggy compared to freeroam, its not fun having to kill someone two to three times in a row only to say you were killed by the player. Its a thing I have recorded it many times.

Crazy_Cico007
  • Crazy_Cico007

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 June 2017 - 01:12 AM

I love tryhards with glitched outfit aka soldiers.When you start deathmatch,they all show you middle finger and other actions on "ready screen".But in deathmatch me and my team destroy them,half of them leave,other half downvote job,lol.

MC30cGE.gif
  • OptiCog, dtsmucker, ProKiller93 and 7 others like this

zoso80
  • zoso80

Uninstalled GTA 10-6-17, an era comes to a close.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 June 2017 - 01:22 AM Edited by zoso80, 04 June 2017 - 01:25 AM.

This post made my day. Thanks.

I may not have said it exactly that way, but I agree with the sentiment. Kash Kard Kids and tryhards. Eatin' up them macrotransactions like Honey Smacks. Thus, R* become P*.  (Panderstar)

Can't wait until the next iteration where all the traditional GTA players DON'T come back after the lowest common denominator pandering of GTA:O.

519VDytsDTL.jpg

Spoiler
  • _P136_ likes this

TheTruestDetective
  • TheTruestDetective

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 June 2017 - 02:50 AM

They're so good because that's all they do. I'm in a tryhard crew, we basically take over lobbies. Don't listen to these kids telling you a tryhard has no skill. We usually run into at least 1 of these type of people. The "hardcore gamer with a 30K+ gamer score" who complains about everything we do in PVP.

You can usually detect these people if any of the following apply...

-They text you "marksman takes no skill" after you shred them with it in 1st person

-They complain about the opponent relying on explosives

-They usually challenge you to guns only then proceed to hide behind a wall lol

-They refuse to snipe with you even if you're using the heavy sniper only

-They bring up how it takes no skill to kill in an auto-aim lobby and if it were COD he'd dominate you.

Next time you run into one of these pretentious hardcore gamers and they start texting you about how you have no skill...challenge them to a 1v1 heavy or RnG no taking cover behind a wall.

They usually decline, if they do accept it's usually a landslide victory for the "tryhard".
  • Einsteinbomb likes this

Voodoo-Hendrix
  • Voodoo-Hendrix

Slight Return

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 04 June 2017 - 03:10 AM

There's barely any skill in exploiting every single OP and unbalanced weapon/vehicle/gameplay quirk/glitch/etc. in the game.
  • OptiCog, Pedinhuh, Suzuki Azure Vulpine and 4 others like this

Pinkarella
  • Pinkarella

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 June 2017 - 01:33 PM

I have two outfits with duffel bags and a glitched mask + hat, and I'm pretty sure they don't make you any harder to hit.

I guess they can take a few more shots while wearing this glitched headgear. Also, it seems, to me and people I know, they can`t be auto-aimed that well. I have tried it several times and bullets just went past. But that is just my personal experience.

Nick1020
  • Nick1020

Furry and Proud. Maybe

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States

Posted 04 June 2017 - 01:50 PM

Most tryhards have simply mastered using cheap tactics such as constantly killing themselves, abusing passive mode and going off radar 24/7. I haven't really played gta lately but I'm seeing more groups of these assholes more often.
  • Arrows to Athens, TCA, Pinkarella and 1 other like this

TCA
  • TCA

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 June 2017 - 03:05 PM

No.

GhillieMaster
  • GhillieMaster

Trick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 June 2017 - 03:07 PM Edited by GhillieMaster16, 04 June 2017 - 03:08 PM.

They're so good because that's all they do. I'm in a tryhard crew, we basically take over lobbies. Don't listen to these kids telling you a tryhard has no skill. We usually run into at least 1 of these type of people. The "hardcore gamer with a 30K+ gamer score" who complains about everything we do in PVP.

You can usually detect these people if any of the following apply...

-They text you "marksman takes no skill" after you shred them with it in 1st person

-They complain about the opponent relying on explosives

-They usually challenge you to guns only then proceed to hide behind a wall lol

-They refuse to snipe with you even if you're using the heavy sniper only

-They bring up how it takes no skill to kill in an auto-aim lobby and if it were COD he'd dominate you.

Next time you run into one of these pretentious hardcore gamers and they start texting you about how you have no skill...challenge them to a 1v1 heavy or RnG no taking cover behind a wall.

They usually decline, if they do accept it's usually a landslide victory for the "tryhard".

If you use BST with the marksman rifle, blow yourself up mid gunfight or switch to the HL during a sniper battle, you have no skill. Period. 99% of tryhards I have fought will use the above cheap tactics, so there's no point in fighting them.
  • OptiCog, dtsmucker, CUTS3R and 1 other like this

TheTruestDetective
  • TheTruestDetective

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 June 2017 - 04:28 PM

EWO mid gunfight, popping BST when your opponent isn't, that's cheap. Switching to HM when sniping is not cheap. Any weapon in the weapon wheel is fair game.

I've never understood the issue with explosives anyway. Is that a COD "noob tube" thing?

Side story. The first thing I do when I join a session is check who has the highest KD and go after him. Yesterday it happened to be a rank 80! Kd 3.3

He refused to snipe. He kept trying to zig zag his way towards me so he could eventually hit me with an rpg/hm.

I kept crab walking backwards while sniping lol. He eventually texted me how much of a tryhard I am for wearing a BP and killing myself everytime. He raged quit afterwards. I go to check his profile and sure enough, 42 thousand gamer score.

Lol

CUTS3R
  • CUTS3R

Devs greed made me quit.

• Members
  • France
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 04 June 2017 - 04:45 PM Edited by CUTS3R, 04 June 2017 - 05:06 PM.

The rebreathers are the only thing that keep these idiots alive.

They're trying so hard, they regressed to the point where they're incapable of thinking or doing anything without an artificial assistance anymore.

In addition to that, the bulletproof helmets prevent their melted brains from leaking through the ears.

PS:  They also wear diapers.

• OptiCog, dtsmucker, Pinkarella and 1 other like this

GhillieMaster
  • GhillieMaster

Trick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 June 2017 - 04:47 PM

EWO mid gunfight, popping BST when your opponent isn't, that's cheap. Switching to HM when sniping is not cheap. Any weapon in the weapon wheel is fair game.

I've never understood the issue with explosives anyway. Is that a COD "noob tube" thing?

Side story. The first thing I do when I join a session is check who has the highest KD and go after him. Yesterday it happened to be a rank 80! Kd 3.3

He refused to snipe. He kept trying to zig zag his way towards me so he could eventually hit me with an rpg/hm.

I kept crab walking backwards while sniping lol. He eventually texted me how much of a tryhard I am for wearing a BP and killing myself everytime. He raged quit afterwards. I go to check his profile and sure enough, 42 thousand gamer score.

Lol

I consider switching to the Homing Launcher just as bad as using BST and killing yourself mid gunfight. The homing launcher around the corner or in the middle of a sniper fight is extremely cheap and stupid.
  • dtsmucker likes this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users