Photo

Why are Tryhards"(rebreathers) so good at gunfights

332 replies to this topic
sudon't
  • sudon't

Non-Playable Character

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by sudon't, 2 weeks ago.

I don’t know what’s up with the tryhard outfits. My best guess is that they know it’s annoying to have to look upon something that stupid, and a big part of their joy is in annoying other players.

As for tactics, sure, they could be bullsharking. But chances are, they’ve just gotten better at the head-shot. If you’re using auto-aim, it locks onto the torso. What you need to do is learn to bump it up quickly so you get the head-shot. If you’re not wearing a bullet-proof helmet, or equivilent, it only takes one bullet to kill you. Three shots, if you have the helmet. If they’re hitting your head while you’re pounding on their chest, you’re gonna go down a lot faster than they are.

There are a lot of other street-fighting techniques that are helpful. For instance, when and how to use combat rolls. It’s usually better not to be the first one to roll. What you want to do is, when they roll, you roll in the opposite direction. When they come up, you’ll still be in your roll, so they haven’t got the lock on you. But when you come up, you’ll lock onto them immediately.

You want to avoid using cover. That is, you don’t want to be locked onto a wall in most cases because that just prevents you from moving quickly. Better to step quickly back and forth from behind the wall, taking your shots. Also, if you see an RPG headed your way, (and we all know tryhards will resort to RPGs), you want to be able move away quickly. Having to unlock yourself from the wall, even if it goes well and you don’t get stuck to something else, adds an extra step you don’t have time for.

It’s worth learning some tryhard tricks. As they say, all’s fair in love and war, and you’re only kidding yourself if you start thinking this or that way to fight is “honorable” or “fair”. People are never going to fight the way you think they should fight, so just forget about that. Moral superiority only gets you killed. Learn about how they can bullshark for thirty minutes straight, and keep the cops off them as well. You might need it sometime because, if nothing else, it can prevent your opponent from using it. Learn which Mk II ammo is best for what purpose, and have one or two guns loaded with it. Keep some other guns with regular ammo. That way, you can use bigger clips, and never worry about running out of ammo. It’s unfortunate that we can’t change clips in the field, so you’re kinda stuck with exploding ammo on the Heavy Sniper, (unless you’re a very good shot - you can take down a jet with FMJ rounds, but it’s not easy). It would also be nice if we could upgrade the regular sniper rifle. Either option would’ve been better than nerfing the exploding ammo, IMHO.

Go on YouTube and do a search for “GTA how to street fight combat PvP”, or try some other search terms. Some videos are better than others, but you’ll certainly pick up some tips along the way. Then, practice makes perfect!

• Tlaneloli, Arrows to Athens and bantonson15 like this

JF Prodigy
  • JF Prodigy

A dance with the Devil might last you forever.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Well... maybe this answers the question.

RhKF8mb.png

• Arrows to Athens, Brutal Trout, Chrome Toyota Prius and 2 others like this

MisterLanceVanceDance
  • MisterLanceVanceDance

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Ive been activating ghost mode, flying around in the deluxo hopping out on roofs and hitting people with my explosive thermal sniper 😝
  • Arrows to Athens likes this

AmyStone
  • AmyStone

Amy Stone

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

Against tryhards, griefers and trolls, the only winning move is not to play.

Denying them of the negative attention that they crave so much is the best weapon against them.

At the first sign of EWOing or Marksman Dancing, go passive and ignore them, they're not worth your time.

I automatically mute any player in the session with a KD/R over 2.0.

So any player with a KD just over 2.0 must either be a modder, a glitcher, or a suicide spamming tryhard? And the mere fact that you actually take the time to inspect other players' profiles in the session just so you can know their KD.

Talk about insecure.

He's lying. Nobody would waste their time looking at the KDs of 30 players in a session just so he can mute them. If he does then he needs to get out more.

• Arrows to Athens, thepiebaker and SHOKKERZ91 like this

Retroview1955
  • Retroview1955

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

No all of the players with rebreathers are good. I don't wear a rebreather and I'm a very skilled player, often times make the
Xl tryhard lX leave the session to protect that KD.
  • Suzuki Azure Vulpine and bantonson15 like this

Retroview1955
  • Retroview1955

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Retroview1955, 2 weeks ago.

Denying them of the negative attention that they crave so much is the best weapon against them.

At the first sign of EWOing or Marksman Dancing, go passive and ignore them, they're not worth your time.

So any player with a KD just over 2.0 must either be a modder, a glitcher, or a suicide spamming tryhard? And the mere fact that you actually take the time to inspect other players' profiles in the session just so you can know their KD.

Talk about insecure.

He's lying. Nobody would waste their time looking at the KDs of 30 players in a session just so he can mute them. If he does then he needs to get out more.
Thats actually what I do. The person with the highest KD is often the less competitive player. A high KD means nothing! When you get beat by someone over and over again and they have a low KD means they are constantly challenging the player who they deem as the "best" in their session. They are looking for competition so they can get better. A high KD just means you don't die very often. That being said, if your the scrub in a jet and only killing players you know you can beat, sure you will have a high KD and run when the real deal starts one shotting you with the Heavy and no BST. Kill Death Ratio has no effect on player skill level. It is just for esthetics. The next time you see a player that shows up every few seconds on the kill feed without Pegsus vehicles on foot, not using BST, check his or her KDR. If it's low, challenge them on foot without BST. I can promise you will get your ass whooped!
  • Tlaneloli, Arrows to Athens, Suzuki Azure Vulpine and 1 other like this

Shade04rek
  • Shade04rek

Nothin But A Buster

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Shade04rek, 2 weeks ago.

Funny how there is apparently some type of high level of skill for assisted-aim players and those lobbies. There is only so much one can do to learn how to hold a trigger down better than someone else. When someone actually succeeds in mastering easy-mode, and doesn't want to move up to the bigboy mode, then it's safe to say they are at risk of achieving this "tryhard" status.

• bantonson15 likes this

SMC-93
  • SMC-93

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by SMC-93, 2 weeks ago.

Funny how there is apparently some type of high level of skill for assisted-aim players and those lobbies. There is only so much one can do to learn how to hold a trigger down better than someone else. When someone actually succeeds in mastering easy-mode, and doesn't want to move up to the bigboy mode, then it's safe to say they are at risk of achieving this "tryhard" status.

I couldn't agree more. Nothing says skilled player like "Stop hiding from my Hydra and my auto-aim dance move while you're trying to mind your own business pus*y", "Get out of passive so I can kill you in an unfair fight bit*h". That's why I just go passive and drive away, "those" types aren't even worth the time it takes to type out an argument.
  • Blasterman4EVER and bantonson15 like this

sudon't
  • sudon't

Non-Playable Character

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

The ye ole Savage balances them out, get shot down, go passive, get another, come out of passive, continue, nothing pisses them off more them a Try hard hunter that plays super dirty.

Team Hunter is the best cure for tryhards. They have to have that EWO down pat to be able to kill themselves faster than we can do it for them from the Hunter. Many do. But, as the Happy Hunter mentioned, it pretty amusing just to watch them kill themselves over and over and over. Also hilarious is to see them heading for the Marina or the Hospital in passive, and us blowing up their jet just as they arrive. They don’t like that.

He's lying. Nobody would waste their time looking at the KDs of 30 players in a session just so he can mute them.

I know I wouldn’t. I’m always surprised that people don’t set their mics to “Friends and Crew”. I only want to hear what strangers have to say the moment after I kill them.

• Suzuki Azure Vulpine, Happy Hunter and bantonson15 like this

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

The Protagonist In This Story

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Blasterman4EVER, 2 weeks ago.

If they kill themselves intentionally, even once, they're not good.

If you kill yourself to avoid being killed, no matter how many kills you get, you are absolute garbage and therefore, MOST TRYHARDS ARE NOT GOOD AT GUNFIGHTS.

Talk about insecure.

Thats actually what I do. The person with the highest KD is often the less competitive player. A high KD means nothing! When you get beat by someone over and over again and they have a low KD means they are constantly challenging the player who they deem as the "best" in their session. They are looking for competition so they can get better. A high KD just means you don't die very often. That being said, if your the scrub in a jet and only killing players you know you can beat, sure you will have a high KD and run when the real deal starts one shotting you with the Heavy and no BST. Kill Death Ratio has no effect on player skill level. It is just for esthetics. The next time you see a player that shows up every few seconds on the kill feed without Pegsus vehicles on foot, not using BST, check his or her KDR. If it's low, challenge them on foot without BST. I can promise you will get your ass whooped!

Uh... I was being completely serious.

Players with suspect stats (obviously including anyone with a KD/R over 2.0) automatically get the mute, because they're most likely to get their feelings hurt if I kill them and subsequently resort to sending degenerate messages.

If you're sensible at all, you always press pause and check to see what kind of degenerates are in your session, so you can be prepared and act accordingly.

I always bounty the player with the highest KD/R immediately upon entering the session, so that he has more trouble stroking his KD/R pole, since passive won't be available.

These are simple and quick precautions and concerns to have when entering a session.

If you disagree, perhaps you're too aloof, or perhaps you're one of the scumbags ruining online gaming for everyone.

I've been over this trash with the forums dozens of times, so if you disagree with me, you're just going to have to move on with your life like the rest of us do...

But the point is that you literally cannot have a KD/R over 2.0 without being an asshole. I know many disagree with this, but it's one of the only things I am absolutely certain of in this game. I'm not going to argue about it or give my reasons why, as there are dozens upon dozens upon dozens of threads and posts in which I very clearly lay out the multitude of reasons why this is true.

That said, point is that the harder you try, the dumber you look. We all know the exploits and glitches at this point.

If you have to use them in order to have a high K/DR, which some of these failures at life somehow associate with success, you're garbage. Period.

• bantonson15 likes this

AmyStone
  • AmyStone

Amy Stone

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

Talk about insecure.

Well maybe you are playing a totally different game to me but I've never had anyone with a high KD talking in the session. They always got around silently killing people. They aren't interested in talking. All they are interested in is killing. The only people who talk openly in sessions are newbies. So your obsession with muting people who aren't talking is a real waste of time.

• Arrows to Athens, KWF1981 and TankGirl like this

CuteFaceJay
  • CuteFaceJay

Snitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago Edited by CuteFaceJay, A week ago.

They remind me of the goth / cyberpunk raver dude. 

697-cybergoth-dance-party.gif

• Arrows to Athens, JuniorChubb, DrRumpleSweatyForeSkin and 2 others like this

TankGirl
  • TankGirl

Follow me get a proxy for free

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by TankGirl, A week ago.

Spoiler

Uh... I was being completely serious.

Players with suspect stats (obviously including anyone with a KD/R over 2.0) automatically get the mute, because they're most likely to get their feelings hurt if I kill them and subsequently resort to sending degenerate messages.

If you're sensible at all, you always press pause and check to see what kind of degenerates are in your session, so you can be prepared and act accordingly.

I always bounty the player with the highest KD/R immediately upon entering the session, so that he has more trouble stroking his KD/R pole, since passive won't be available.

These are simple and quick precautions and concerns to have when entering a session.

If you disagree, perhaps you're too aloof, or perhaps you're one of the scumbags ruining online gaming for everyone.

I've been over this trash with the forums dozens of times, so if you disagree with me, you're just going to have to move on with your life like the rest of us do...

But the point is that you literally cannot have a KD/R over 2.0 without being an asshole. I know many disagree with this, but it's one of the only things I am absolutely certain of in this game. I'm not going to argue about it or give my reasons why, as there are dozens upon dozens upon dozens of threads and posts in which I very clearly lay out the multitude of reasons why this is true.

That said, point is that the harder you try, the dumber you look. We all know the exploits and glitches at this point.

If you have to use them in order to have a high K/DR, which some of these failures at life somehow associate with success, you're garbage. Period.

So I guess your KD must be over 2.0 then? 

• Arrows to Athens likes this

KWF1981
  • KWF1981

Gangsta

• Members
  • England

Posted A week ago

God damn, I like to smile reading here, but to genuinely laugh out loud is most unexpected my good man.

See those awards/unlocks in the stats menu?. Ahh, f*ck it... Awards. Teamwork. Grinding. Blah, blah, blah. Facts and other words. Enjoy.

Absolute gold, lol.

• bantonson15 likes this

Arrows to Athens
  • Arrows to Athens

Far, far away...

• Members
  • England

Posted A week ago Edited by Arrows to Athens, A week ago.

They remind me of the goth / cyberpunk raver dude. 

697-cybergoth-dance-party.gif

1427695188_45650880.gif

• CuteFaceJay, Dr.Rosenthal, PetrolCB and 4 others like this

Sentinel Driver
  • Sentinel Driver

lzzzzz

• Members
  • Finland

Posted A week ago Edited by Sentinel Driver, A week ago.

Yeah, they're so good. I bet it takes a lot of skill to go passive mode in a jet

• bantonson15 likes this

Mrnrfan182
  • Mrnrfan182

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

The best resolve for try hards...don't waste your time.  Once it's clear the player I'm engaged in battle with is suiciding I go passive and send them a quick little note saying something like, "suiciding because I've beaten you means I've beaten you...your K/D is meaningless"

It's simple logic really.  Anyone can inflate a stat.  You can kill AFK players for hours.  You can pray on low levels.  You can fly around on your broomstick bike going from rooftop to rooftop with your explosive sniper.  You can start VIP work and jump in a jet blowing up players in cars.  Hell, you can simply have a friend AFK for you just like all those 3000 win racers who only have 1000 losses.  It's not hard but yet they hold their stats so near and dear to them.  Here's the real question though...are they having fun?  Are you having fun?  Is playing against them any fun?  If you answered "no" at all than you're doing it wrong...tell the try hards to f*ck off and go have some fun. 

• Nutduster, KWF1981 and bantonson15 like this

Nutduster
  • Nutduster

Big Mean Jerk

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by Nutduster, A week ago.

Talk about insecure.

You must not know our friend Blasterman.  I fully believe he does this in every lobby he joins.  And it makes me sad inside.

I still chuckle that his red line is a K/D of 2.0.  That is comically low yet somehow he thinks only cheaters and glitchers can do better than that.  Mine is creeping toward 4.0 lately and I never go passive, never wall breach, never do god mode exploits, never spam EWO, etc.; I also rarely use jets anymore unless provoked by one.  So my K/D is only like that because I play smart and hate losing fights (though I freely admit to being an OTR whore).  If someone picks a fight with me, there's a good chance they'll end up quitting when the score is 10-2 or something.  If I was in a lobby with Blasterman and he left me alone,  we'd most likely just avoid each other completely.  But somehow he thinks it's justified to preemptively call me a cheater, tag me with a bounty, and report/vote-kick/mute me for no reason. 

Put it this way, I'm much more likely in a public lobby to be doing bunker and car sales than attacking anyone else's sales.  One's assumptions may not always be right, especially if they're rooted in personal insecurity (which I believe is really what's going on with Blasterman - he probably has a 1.5 K/D or so, and gets mad at the idea that others are better than him without being cheating scumbags).

• Arrows to Athens, KWF1981 and bantonson15 like this

jerryinohio78
  • jerryinohio78

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Z v Zsa [email protected] s

TankGirl
  • TankGirl

Follow me get a proxy for free

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by TankGirl, A week ago.

Talk about insecure.

You must not know our friend Blasterman.  I fully believe he does this in every lobby he joins.  And it makes me sad inside.

I still chuckle that his red line is a K/D of 2.0.  That is comically low yet somehow he thinks only cheaters and glitchers can do better than that.  Mine is creeping toward 4.0 lately and I never go passive, never wall breach, never do god mode exploits, never spam EWO, etc.; I also rarely use jets anymore unless provoked by one.  So my K/D is only like that because I play smart and hate losing fights (though I freely admit to being an OTR whore).  If someone picks a fight with me, there's a good chance they'll end up quitting when the score is 10-2 or something.  If I was in a lobby with Blasterman and he left me alone,  we'd most likely just avoid each other completely.  But somehow he thinks it's justified to preemptively call me a cheater, tag me with a bounty, and report/vote-kick/mute me for no reason. 

Put it this way, I'm much more likely in a public lobby to be doing bunker and car sales than attacking anyone else's sales.  One's assumptions may not always be right, especially if they're rooted in personal insecurity (which I believe is really what's going on with Blasterman - he probably has a 1.5 K/D or so, and gets mad at the idea that others are better than him without being cheating scumbags).
He reminds me of the guy I fought last night. I was just shopping in passive mode minding my own business and he runs in and closes the store. I merc this guy non stop. No bst, no off radar, no passive popping, just a girl and her trusty MG. I kill him 20 times, he only killed me once (he was over rank 100). I start getting messaged that I am using mods, I'm a cheater, whah whah whah, because surly I must he using mods to beat him lol.

Honestly also a 2.0 kd isn't high, atleast I don't think it is and it's certainly not high enough to assume people are cheating. Actually when people use cheap exploits against me they generally have a KD under 2.0, not that 2.0 and higher don't but some people use cheap exploits in this game not matter what their KD is.
  • Arrows to Athens, KWF1981 and bantonson15 like this

Nutduster
  • Nutduster

Big Mean Jerk

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by Nutduster, A week ago.

In this game 2.0 is not high at all, no.  Mainly because the game is so unbalanced in such a variety of ways.  The gap between the average Joe who stands in the middle of the street firing body shots with his AR, and someone who actually knows what they're doing and takes advantage of the tools we are given, is massive.  If I get into a fight with a guy hovering around 1.0, I know for certain I'm going to kill him 5+ times for every once he kills me, because he most likely plays super-straightforwardly and I can bait him into chasing me, stepping on prox mines, hiding behind cover at corners where they are RPG-vulnerable, getting in vehicles that are easily homing-rocketed, and so forth.  Average players in this game are highly susceptible to tactics that don't exist or are far less effective in other shooters. Hell, just knowing how to get headshots consistently puts you far above the pack in this game, because so many players are just letting auto-aim play for them.

I used to play Halo for many years, mostly lots and lots of team slayer, and I usually hovered around a 2.4 - 2.6.  In this game, I am almost a 4.0.  That's not something about me or the way I play that has changed, it's just the game itself.  If anything, I was a more skilled player back then.

• IamCourtney likes this

Arrows to Athens
  • Arrows to Athens

Far, far away...

• Members
  • England

Posted A week ago Edited by Arrows to Athens, A week ago.

Talk about insecure.

Wait, hold on a minute. What if over time, he himself eventually hits the 2.0 K/D mark? Does that mean he will turn into a cheater/scumbag?

I can just imagine Blasterman at 1.99 K/D. He sees it's 1.99, so he stands in the open and lets others kill him so he doesn't reach the 2.0 K/D mark. Otherwise, his rule would apply to him then.

• Suzuki Azure Vulpine, Nutduster, PetrolCB and 2 others like this

Dr.Rosenthal
  • Dr.Rosenthal

Car Collector

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted A week ago

Im not very good at all at PvP, probably because I dont really care about it. In my opinion, if my
opponent uses rocket spam, ewo, bst, otr etc etc theyre really trying too hard and have already lost.

When someone shotguns me from a motorcycle, hits me with a non-homing from an impossible angle, thats when I get impressed. Not with someone using tactics from the Tryhard manual 101, thats just boring.
  • Arrows to Athens, Suzuki Azure Vulpine, Voodoo-Hendrix and 1 other like this

Tlaneloli
  • Tlaneloli

Native Outlawz (N8IV)

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

I had no idea the rebreather conferred that advantage or was associated with tryhards. I wear one on my main character but that's just because I like the look, I wonder if people think I'm a tryhard when they see me like that despite the rest of my outfit being down to earth and like I dress in real life (flannel shirt, blue jeans, work boots). O.o

There's practice, and a lot of cheap tactics and using OP stuff that has been added more and more over the years. Even with a learning curve to use cheap tactics and OP stuff to good effectiveness it's still cheap and tacky and ruins the game. I used to enjoy freemode fights, they were my bread and butter, and I would usually just fight people who started it. It was never perfect, people griefed with tanks, jets and miniguns, there were modders, excessive snipers, but overall it was more fun. Then came the armored kurumas and now we have bombers and explosive bullets. Now I get my fix from the deathmathes, forced+pickups, too much OP in freemode.

I only go after people for revenge, most importantly when they mess with my shipments. I usually get my ass kicked these days. This old dog from late October 2013 hasn't kept up with the new tricks. But if someone is dumb enough to mess with my business and then do their own shipments, I will get my ass kicked while doing it, but I will make it real difficult for them to continue. I guess you can call that acting like a tryhard, but when unprovoked I'm peaceful.

• Dr.Rosenthal, Arrows to Athens and Brutal Trout like this

GenericGTAO
  • GenericGTAO

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by GenericGTAO, A week ago.

Now that the sightseer exploit has been patched, fighting 2 or more tryhards solo is impossible. The ability to block bst from tryhards was great. Because one person could effectively battle a team of 4 ewo bst users. On the other hand, the game is now more balanced than ever if you dont mind using a few cheap tactics.

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Oft-requested

• Members
  • None
  • Governor of San Andreas 2017
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted A week ago

It's more the threat of bombs, rather than the bombs themselves - that's what I find useful for tryhards. I just hover over them, without dropping anything. I can have them kill themselves again and again and again. It seems to annoy them more if I don't fire a shot or drop a bomb - it's like I'm virtually pushing them around and making them kill themselves.

See this is what I'm talking about.

Didn't even have to open the bomb hatch for this one lol. Just hovered around in a vaguely threatening way - it's nearly always enough for them to lose their nerve and go overboard.

I think he realised at the end I hadn't actually dropped anything.

• THC, alkaline_ and bantonson15 like this

Flyin_Japman
  • Flyin_Japman

Grove Street OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Did they have Hatchet Man colored dreds and weird colored eyes, too?

afriendlyreddot
  • afriendlyreddot

Merle Abrahams

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 days ago Edited by afriendlyreddot, 4 days ago.

Came in here to make some decent points but saw something about how my K/D being above 2.0 makes me an a$$hole so my feelings are now hurt. 

I'm actually very polite, even when dancing side to side with my marksman rifle watching kiddies rage because why not..

It's really a beautiful thing to see happening, nothing try-hardy about it I just get a rush from challenging PvP targets so be it.

• bantonson15 likes this

Voodoo-Hendrix
  • Voodoo-Hendrix

Slight Return

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 4 days ago

My KD is 1.53, that almost makes me an asshole? :(

The only tryhard thing I do is using the Marksman Rifle in First Person but without that wiggle waggle bullsh*t, I always try to fight as fair as possible, even against tryhards.

Coninefan
  • Coninefan

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 days ago

They arent.

If you have to be twice as strong as your opponent (BST) to beat them, you are trash

If you have to constantly hide your blip (OTR, Ghost) to beat them, you are trash

If you have to wear a bulletproof helmet to beat them, you are trash

If you have to be in a jet with explosive cannons and homing missiles to beat them, you are trash

If you have to be in an Oppressor/Deluxo/Vigilante with homing missiles to beat them, you are trash

If you have to be in a Kanjali tank with explosive cannons to beat them, you are trash

If you have to be in an invisible Akula to beat them, you are trash

If you have to constantly wear body armor to beat them, you are trash

If you have to constantly blow yourself up/EWO to avoid getting beaten by them, you are trash
  • Voodoo-Hendrix and bantonson15 like this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users