Quantcast

» «
Photo

What video games would you like to see made into episodic shows?

37 replies to this topic
The Deadite
  • The Deadite

YOU ARE SO SMALL ITS FUNNY TO ME

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Improved 2016
    Crew Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Most Unwanted Medal 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 2 weeks ago

Team Fortress would be fun as f*ck, the media around it looks more entertaining than the game itself, the "Meet The..." vids re really entertaining, not to mention this short movie:

^You don't even have to be a fan or familiar with the game to enjoy these.
  • Payne Killer likes this

Loosestring
  • Loosestring

Paranoid Android

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Concepts]

Posted 2 weeks ago

I don't. Because I'm kinda "conservative" when it comes to this matter: Video games should stay video games, movies should stay movies. However, if take a more reasonable point of view, I'd say Mafia I & II would be the perfect choice for such thing. Why? The stories of the first two Mafia games are already separated in several chapter: with that being, Mafia I's story has 21 chapter, and Mafia II has 15 chapters. Making each chapter a separate episode, I think it would not be pretty easy to f*ck up. Also, Mafia I & II already has an intense storytelling, with kind of a cinematic narration... that sure fits with "TV show concept" well. Besides, American TV is already proven to be handling the mob story tight when they try to: We have Sopranos... and more importantly Boardwalk Empire (a heavily mob-influenced story set in the past, just like the first two Mafia games). 

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Daily Globe
  • Syria

Posted 2 weeks ago

Team Fortress would be fun as f*ck, the media around it looks more entertaining than the game itself, the "Meet The..." vids re really entertaining, not to mention this short movie:

^You don't even have to be a fan or familiar with the game to enjoy these.

So glad someone brought this up. For a multiplayer FPS there is a ton of vivid character and personality to the brand.

• The Deadite likes this

DexPac
  • DexPac

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

I think Alan Wake could make for a really good mini/limited series if you got the right showrunner. In fact most Remedy games would make for a decent mini series.

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

Camp Crystal Lake

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 2 weeks ago

I've always felt GTA IV would make a great tv show with how the subplots overlay the main story arcs. The conflict between PBX and Dwayne for example could easily be fleshed out over several episodes.

It gives an episodic kind of vibe whenever I play through the story anyway.
  • Homemade Dynamite, Payne Killer and LincolnClay like this

Homemade Dynamite
  • Homemade Dynamite

Melodrama

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Concept 2015 [GTA Online: Liberty City Expansion]

Posted A week ago

Well, this fan trailer showed me that I officially need this in my life.

LincolnClay
  • LincolnClay

F*ck Take Two Interactive...

• Members
  • Australia

Posted A week ago

I don't. Because I'm kinda "conservative" when it comes to this matter: Video games should stay video games, movies should stay movies. However, if take a more reasonable point of view, I'd say Mafia I & II would be the perfect choice for such thing. Why? The stories of the first two Mafia games are already separated in several chapter: with that being, Mafia I's story has 21 chapter, and Mafia II has 15 chapters. Making each chapter a separate episode, I think it would not be pretty easy to f*ck up. Also, Mafia I & II already has an intense storytelling, with kind of a cinematic narration... that sure fits with "TV show concept" well. Besides, American TV is already proven to be handling the mob story tight when they try to: We have Sopranos... and more importantly Boardwalk Empire (a heavily mob-influenced story set in the past, just like the first two Mafia games).

People are gonna disagree with me heavily on this, but the story of Mafia III was great. It probably shouldn't deserve its own TV show, but it could be the third season after Mafia I and II. It should have been made into a movie/TV show anyway.
  • MiamiViceCity likes this

Shyabang Shyabang
  • Shyabang Shyabang

Wild Thing

• Members

Posted An hour ago

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users