Official GTA V Appreciation Thread

63 replies to this topic
cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 July 2017 - 11:53 PM

Wow, I was just watching The Cable Guy (starring Jim Carrey), has anyone ever realized that Ending B seems like a homage to the ending of The Cable Guy? The setting, the death/fall, the "It's alright, I understand now!" line? It would fit in line with Michael's/GTA V's whole "living a movie" theme.

Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

f*ck you

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 July 2017 - 07:54 PM

I love the skydiving in this game, they actually improved GTA SA's physics and made it feel much more fun, only thing I actually liked doing in this game.
  • confederatestatesgta, Mr_Rager and CGFforLife like this

SabreGT
  • SabreGT

And the winner by knockout is...!

• BUSTED!
  • England

Posted 19 July 2017 - 12:17 AM

I think the Dialogue is superbly written, there is just so much quotable & memorable Dialogue in the script.

• StarFyer and CGFforLife like this

Wingate167
  • Wingate167

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 July 2017 - 04:59 PM

GTA 5 is actually one of my favorite GTA games. The main reason was it was released around the time of my 30th birthday. Some of the songs from Non-Stop Pop FM I haven't heard since middle school and high school and it made me remember not all of my childhood and teen years were bad. It reminded me of the times I was happy growing up and that feeling of joy that was missing for some time (college and working got in the way). In fact, I made a lot of life changing choices while playing it.

I also like the various nods to the 3d universe in the game along with identifying with the three main characters in certain aspects. I identified with Franklin in trying to get ahead, Michael in sometimes staying in the past (except I liked being in the 1990's and Trevor for me being more blunt with people.

I also respect that you couldn't do the things you did in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas due to the different engine.

Something that I always liked what Rockstar was parodying American culture through the Grand Theft Auto games.

• CGFforLife likes this

confederatestatesgta
  • confederatestatesgta

garou the badass hero hunter from one punch man.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 July 2017 - 05:37 AM

i love this game. i think it is either the best gta or tied with gta 4. the graphics are great. the story is great and has a lot of unique missions. unlike gta 4. the characters were good. trevor ftw!. the map is amazing. its very diverse. i love the desert its my favorite part. i like the multiplayer. its not perfect but it is so fun. especially with a great crew. there are very few bad things about this game. i just wish more people liked it. all these gta 5 sucks and gta 4 is better threads are annoying and stupid. i love gta 4 too. i think they are both masterpieces. gta 5 is such a great game and does not deserve the hate.

• Algonquin Assassin and CGFforLife like this

everybodysolo
  • everybodysolo

If it's not burning, did you really try?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 July 2017 - 05:54 AM

I love this game! The weather! Traffic! The city! Everything! All of it! There isn't a single session that doesn't completely draw me into the world and make my heart race. It's absolutely amazing!

I'm what you would call a very late adapter(not much of a gamer), V was my very first experience into the GTA world, and I will never forget the feeling when it loaded, It was very slow, which made it better, it was like I was watching an unveiling of something spectacular. My jaw dropped and I couldn't believe as things started appearing. It just didn't stop! Everything was so beautiful so realistic. It's totally has it's hooks in me and I couldn't be any happier.

• CGFforLife likes this

BigEzmok
  • BigEzmok

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 August 2017 - 09:15 PM Edited by BigEzmok, 04 October 2017 - 07:42 PM.

Trevor, costumization

• CGFforLife likes this

TheFranchise
  • TheFranchise

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 August 2017 - 01:13 AM

The score....is incredible... and the pause music is unbelievable. I listen to it on YouTube to fall asleep!
  • CGFforLife likes this

Ertan Soner
  • Ertan Soner

Thunderstorm

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 06 August 2017 - 01:48 PM

Just graphics

.Emmi
  • .Emmi

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 09 August 2017 - 07:16 AM

I love this game! The weather! Traffic! The city! Everything! All of it! There isn't a single session that doesn't completely draw me into the world and make my heart race. It's absolutely amazing!

I'm what you would call a very late adapter(not much of a gamer), V was my very first experience into the GTA world, and I will never forget the feeling when it loaded, It was very slow, which made it better, it was like I was watching an unveiling of something spectacular. My jaw dropped and I couldn't believe as things started appearing. It just didn't stop! Everything was so beautiful so realistic. It's totally has it's hooks in me and I couldn't be any happier.

You definitely missed the best GTA games if you got just started with V. Believe me, nothing will ever beat the moment of first playing GTA IV after the 3D era games.
  • CGFforLife likes this

KonradGM
  • KonradGM

GM of himself

• Members

Posted 11 August 2017 - 01:08 AM

The controls, being able to just walk as protagonist in the middle of the city with great walking controls is just great immersion.

Finally FI NA LLY important story characters that live with you appear outside of mussions, yeah the encounters repeat but i cannot say how much i wanted for that to happen in gta sa and IV where i could see sweet on groove street ot cesar/kendle around SF place we were living in, or roman appearing in the house we were both living in.

Gun customization ti hi

and i can FI NA LLY buy a car! again something i was dreaming of doing in both gta IV and SA.

Attention to detail is as good as ever, rockstar is only getting better with each game when it comes to detail [mostly, they forgot to include some stuff from gta IV but contemplated in other small detail so i guess it will never be perfect]

• CGFforLife likes this

Burnoutgt24
  • Burnoutgt24

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 12 August 2017 - 02:52 AM

I like how Blox returns.

BLOX BLOX BLOX BLOX

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 15 August 2017 - 01:46 PM

The explosions/effects in GTA V are quite nice. Some of the best I've seen in an open world game actually.
  • CGFforLife likes this

eCola
  • eCola

Homie

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 15 August 2017 - 05:39 PM

I really appreciate how some of the vehicles from the 2D games make a return in GTA V, such as the infamous Panto.

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

Grand Theft Auto V: A huge improvement over snore (IV)

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 16 August 2017 - 08:05 AM

I appreciate EVERYTHING in this masterpiece

Tengerecki
  • Tengerecki

Rat

• Members
  • Hungary

Posted 20 August 2017 - 02:51 PM Edited by Tengerecki, 20 August 2017 - 02:51 PM.

https://www.youtube....h?v=RZ9crk7e7JI

(Video where Trevor finds out Brad is six feet under and travels up to North Yankton to see it for himself)

Look at this incredible acting. Ned & Steven. This game's like a movie, I love it. Masterpiece!

• CGFforLife likes this

Persili
  • Persili

Player Hater

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 21 August 2017 - 12:14 AM

Hi guys!

I want to share my comment about GTA V with players and stockholders of this gorgeous game:

I played lots of games in PS4 & PC, so many games! But none of them made me exited like GTA V :inlove:

Last week I told myself "hey man! GTA V has been released few years ago but you did not play it! why? Do play this and experience it!"

Two hours ago, I finished GTA V main missions, the final mission really influenced me.

I had three strategic decisions & I really had emotional relations with all of the 3 main characters.
But the decision was not very hard for me.

2 days ago, I said to myself "It will be very good if I get this chance to kill the ***** Trevor!" :die:

I like Franklin, he reminds me the epic CJ (Carl Johnson in GTA San Andreas), but a great sole and great heart in the nature of Franklin. Very very very better than Cj. He is inherently a man who has this value to continue living in this game. He is young, he has an aunt and his Courage and sacrifice to save Michael's life was really admiring. I would like to have him.

Michael is another favorite characters. He is good-looking in several clothing. Whether casual, classic or official! He has a family. Her wife several cheated on him several times, I really have bad feeling about her wife. The only bad aspect of the game is "Fabian and her tennis coach" are still alive and I couldn't kill them. That's not fair. His son Jimmy, I like him. He is a lovely fat mother****** guy. The daughter had her own problems. The father had to be careful about her. But anyway ... I see that he has both of his lovely children. After the game finished, sometimes I play tennis with the wife and sometimes I date with her but it's not fair that his boy friends are still alive and Mike did not kill them.

At the end of the game, I didn't like to decide his death. He deserves a good life there.

But the Trevor ... of Trevor ...

When I decided to kill him, I was really sad (really really sad).

Both of Franklin and Mike aimed at him with their super beautiful pistol guns. It was better than pistols of agent 47.

I didn't like him but it was hard for me to kill him. At the end of the game, I didn't kill him with Franklin but the Micheal did it instead.

Anyway ...

After death of Trevor (or better to say: After assassination of the ****** Trevor) I had bad feeling. But I knew that it was the best decisions.

This game had lots of chances to make several decisions.

It was interesting.

Now I want to judge the game:

1. The map was good. But it could be better. Like the satellite map released on this forum about GTA V.

This could be in the game but it is not. Anyway, the map was satisfying.

2. Time of this game is in this current era. Everything was modern. Like today!

3. Freedom of this game was really exiting.

4. Rock Star Team had several surprises on this game. It's excellent!

5. I'm still sad that I didn't kill Fabian, that Russian mafia leader who forced me to pay for his house & Amanda's tennis coach :( :devil:

6. The after-completing to-do works are admirable. I can do so many things with these two main characters. :pirate:

7. At last. Thank you RS for creating this beautiful game. I wish next GTA be more exiting. If I had this chance to travel in all GTA cities (Liberty City, Vice City and all other cities) with more freedom and more characters, it would be more exiting but the thing I saw tonight was really influing and exited me. :karmaeater: :lol: :beerhat:

Thanks. :r*:

• CGFforLife likes this

Persili
  • Persili

Player Hater

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 21 August 2017 - 03:25 PM

Hi guys!

I want to share my comment about GTA V with players and stockholders of this gorgeous game:

I played lots of games in PS4 & PC, so many games! But none of them made me exited like GTA V :inlove:

Last week I told myself "hey man! GTA V has been released few years ago but you did not play it! why? Do play this and experience it!"

Two hours ago, I finished GTA V main missions, the final mission really influenced me.

I had three strategic decisions & I really had emotional relations with all of the 3 main characters.

2 days ago, I said to myself "It will be very good if I get this chance to kill the ***** Trevor!" :die:

I like Franklin, he reminds me the epic CJ (Carl Johnson in GTA San Andreas), but a great sole and great heart in the nature of Franklin. Very very very better than Cj. He is inherently a man who has this value to continue living in this game. He is young, he has an aunt and his Courage and sacrifice to save Michael's life was really admiring. I would like to have him.

Michael is another favorite characters. He is good-looking in several clothing. Whether casual, classic or official! He has a family. Her wife several cheated on him several times, I really have bad feeling about her wife. The only bad aspect of the game is "Fabian and her tennis coach" are still alive and I couldn't kill them. That's not fair. His son Jimmy, I like him. He is a lovely fat mother****** guy. The daughter had her own problems. The father had to be careful about her. But anyway ... I see that he has both of his lovely children. After the game finished, sometimes I play tennis with the wife and sometimes I date with her but it's not fair that his boy friends are still alive and Mike did not kill them.

At the end of the game, I didn't like to decide his death. He deserves a good life there.

Both of Franklin and Mike aimed at him with their super beautiful pistol guns. It was better than pistols of agent 47.

I didn't like him but it was hard for me to kill him. At the end of the game, I didn't kill him with Franklin but the Micheal did it instead.

Anyway ...

After death of Trevor (or better to say: After assassination of the ****** Trevor) I had bad feeling. But I knew that it was the best decisions.

It was interesting.

Now I want to judge the game:

1. The map was good. But it could be better. Like the satellite map released on this forum about GTA V.

This could be in the game but it is not. Anyway, the map was satisfying.

2. Time of this game is in this current era. Everything was modern. Like today!

3. Freedom of this game was really exiting.

4. Rock Star Team had several surprises on this game. It's excellent!

5. I'm still sad that I didn't kill Fabian, that Russian mafia leader who forced me to pay for his house & Amanda's tennis coach :( :devil:

6. The after-completing to-do works are admirable. I can do so many things with these two main characters. :pirate:

7. At last. Thank you RS for creating this beautiful game. I wish next GTA be more exiting. If I had this chance to travel in all GTA cities (Liberty City, Vice City and all other cities) with more freedom and more characters, it would be more exiting but the thing I saw tonight was really influing and exited me. :karmaeater: :lol: :beerhat:

Thanks. :r*:

Today I changed my mind and played it again by loading latest saves.
I chose third option and saved all three characters.
It was a happy ending!

• Cutter De Blanc and CGFforLife like this

JB1982
  • JB1982

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 September 2017 - 10:30 AM

Just recently returned to GTA V for a replay. Stunning game and one of my favourites.

Anyway ...

It was interesting.

This here is one of the reasons I love games that give you choices. There's no right or wrong answer so it is very much about how you feel. I loved the inclusion of it in GTA IV and even more so in GTA V. And it's great that you can go back and try it a different way to see the alternatives.

• Persili likes this

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 05 September 2017 - 12:07 PM

i love this game. i think it is either the best gta or tied with gta 4. the graphics are great. the story is great and has a lot of unique missions. unlike gta 4. the characters were good. trevor ftw!. the map is amazing. its very diverse. i love the desert its my favorite part. i like the multiplayer. its not perfect but it is so fun. especially with a great crew. there are very few bad things about this game. i just wish more people liked it. all these gta 5 sucks and gta 4 is better threads are annoying and stupid. i love gta 4 too. i think they are both masterpieces. gta 5 is such a great game and does not deserve the hate.

totally agree with you

StarFyer
  • StarFyer

Whatever Man

• Members

Posted 11 September 2017 - 04:42 AM

I think the Dialogue is superbly written, there is just so much quotable & memorable Dialogue in the script.

Yes, the writing is top notch. The dialogue between the characters is downright hilarious at times.

straightupmenace
  • straightupmenace

NB VS ALL

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 September 2017 - 11:37 PM

The Long Stretch is one of my favorite GTA missions. I just love the atmosphere of it, fighting in a abandoned, dark warehouse full of Ballas with only Lamar, Stretch, and your shotgun's flashlight there to help you out.

Neickup
  • Neickup

I don't like bread.

• Members
  • France

Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:01 PM

One thing that I love in GTA 5 is this particular theme.

Even if it is repetitive, it's just so relaxing.

• Piggsy pls likes this

cactus.
  • cactus.

king sh*t of f*ck mountain

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Macau

Posted 04 October 2017 - 11:01 PM Edited by cactus., 04 October 2017 - 11:02 PM.

Would any of you want these posters? I'll mail them to you. Preferably to someone in the United States, and close to the North East..

The cover art poster is also reversible, and its backside is the image of Michael unpacking a gun from a case. Just send me a pm if interested. thanks

https://imgur.com/XFJUguM

https://imgur.com/lKwxCTF

• Neickup likes this

Neickup
  • Neickup

I don't like bread.

• Members
  • France

Posted 05 October 2017 - 09:49 AM

Are they still available somewhere ? Because they are nice ! (I live in France, so it would be too complicated to send those here).

ExTerminator
  • ExTerminator

Heil Houser!

• Members
  • New-Caledonia

Posted 09 October 2017 - 04:52 PM

I'm not a fan of the soundtrack in this game, but this has to be one of the best in GTA history-

TheOneLibertonian
  • TheOneLibertonian

Only those who die get closure, the living do not.

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 13 October 2017 - 11:35 AM

I personally think that the opening cutscene in Fresh Meat is one of the funniest, and unintentional usage of improvisation in all of entertainment. Ogg and Fonteno did really nail their performances, and that's due to Ogg's clever improv that really settles the hilarity within the scene. 

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 4 weeks ago

Trevor killing Johnny was the most satisfying moment in the gaming history

simonp92
  • simonp92

Whodunit?

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by simonp92, 4 weeks ago.

Trevor killing Johnny was the most satisfying moment in the gaming history

SNIP

Again with this? You really should get out more. Atleast add something to the topic, instead of just posting the same sh*t in every thread. 

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 4 weeks ago

Again with this? You really should get out more. Atleast add something to the topic, instead of just posting the same sh*t in every thread. 

Okay?

1. I really appreciate that V improves everything IV had
2. The map really look beautiful with the great layout
3. I really loved the story
4. I really love V gameplay (no longer restrictive like IV)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users