Photo

Official GTA V Appreciation Thread

65 replies to this topic
Gummy 
  • Gummy 

F*ck thyself

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 May 2017 - 09:08 AM Edited by MiamiViceCity, 28 May 2017 - 01:35 AM.

Official GTA V  APPRECIATION thread

I love the amount of work put into this game, the varied amount of vehicles and arsenal of weapons to mess with and the beautiful visuals.

The amount of detail they put on the world and characters.  It may be not as perfect as everyone thought it would be, and sure it does have it's flaws, but overall it's a pretty good game. Let's appreciate GTA V for what it is.

Note: As this is an appreciation thread any attempt to derail it whether it's to bash GTA V, GTA IV etc or any other kind of act I consider breaking the rules and not abiding by the thread's intention will be given a warning.

​Cheers, MiamiViceCity.

• theGTAking101 and TheOriginalGunslinger like this

AnywhereCityBitch
  • AnywhereCityBitch

Grand Theft Auto you slag!

• BUSTED!
  • Cape-Verde

Posted 27 May 2017 - 09:22 AM

Some things I appreciate.... 

First Person, A great addition to the series which provides a superior sense of immersion when roaming around LS

Gun customization

The brilliant score 

The hilarious & quotable script, which has easily some of the best-written Dialogue I have seen in a video game. 

The Pause Menu song is honestly the most beautiful & haunting track I have ever had the pleasure of listening to.

Micheal & Trevor are both fantastic characters. 

• Gummy  likes this

Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

f*ck you

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 May 2017 - 09:58 AM Edited by Payne Killer, 27 May 2017 - 09:58 AM.

OT: It's a decent game for me.
  • DamianNewman929 likes this

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 May 2017 - 02:31 PM

I appreciate the visuals, dynamic score, Director Mode, Content Creator, and the mods.
  • TheOriginalGunslinger likes this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Members
  • Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 27 May 2017 - 02:34 PM

One of my favourite things has always been the vehicle customisation. It's so diverse. Might not be as in depth as some racing games, but for an open world game it's impressive.

I like being able to customise bikes too. That's cool.

• theGTAking101, confederatestatesgta and The American Army 1775 like this

ReadyerrNot
  • ReadyerrNot

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 May 2017 - 02:56 PM

Maybe it's just me but every once in a while when I'm cruising around, I notice areas that I've never seen before. Like I said, probably just me and my sh*tty attention to detail.

Galehaut
  • Galehaut

aka. MuralDeciphered

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 28 May 2017 - 12:14 AM Edited by MuralDeciphered, 28 May 2017 - 11:07 AM.

Maybe it's just me but every once in a while when I'm cruising around, I notice areas that I've never seen before. Like I said, probably just me and my sh*tty attention to detail.

It's not you at all believe me. The map is one of the most detailed map ever created. 

Moreover when you realize that hundreds and hundreds of these details are directly inspired from real L.A / Cali .

http://grandtheftdat...0,0,2,satellite

http://gtaforums.com...dmark-analysis/

• Meekail and ReadyerrNot like this

Yinepi
  • Yinepi

Wepwawet Wannabe

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 28 May 2017 - 01:04 AM

I really love the animations. They're very fluid and natural looking. The character movements look very real. Definitely the best animation I've seen ever in any video game.

• Gummy  likes this

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

Usually helpful, BUT very defensive upon disrespect

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 28 May 2017 - 01:36 AM

sunsets and dawns and weather overall is just perfect, too real for a game

• ReadyerrNot likes this

ReadyerrNot
  • ReadyerrNot

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 May 2017 - 03:14 AM

It's not you man. The map is one of the most detailed map ever created. 

Moreover when you realize that hundreds and hundreds of these details are directly inspired from real L.A / Cali .

http://grandtheftdat...0,0,2,satellite

http://gtaforums.com...dmark-analysis/

I knew it was based on LA/Cali but my goodness, the team did a phenomenal job capturing all the features and details. I'm in NY and I always wanted to visit Cali... Putting this game on FP and cruising around is the closest I'll be getting for a while... Also I'm definitely considering moving to Bombay Beach (Sandy Shores) since it's definitely off the grid with a tiny population... Even though it floods like nobody's business.

A girl can dream, can't she?
  • Zello and Galehaut like this

Galehaut
  • Galehaut

aka. MuralDeciphered

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 28 May 2017 - 11:15 AM Edited by MuralDeciphered, 28 May 2017 - 11:18 AM.

I knew it was based on LA/Cali but my goodness, the team did a phenomenal job capturing all the features and details. I'm in NY and I always wanted to visit Cali... Putting this game on FP and cruising around is the closest I'll be getting for a while... Also I'm definitely considering moving to Bombay Beach (Sandy Shores) since it's definitely off the grid with a tiny population... Even though it floods like nobody's business.

Dreaming is fun ! One thing that i love to do is just to walk the streets of L.A using Google street view. Will never beat the feeling of being there but at least it can help you to dream about it. ;p

+ Vinewood blvd is always fun to visit.

https://goo.gl/maps/eD6pRrLYNyE2

Look it's Pacific Standard Public Deposit Bank. ^_^;

And here we can see behind the wax museum. This same mural is also behind the wax museum in-game. usually they modify the in-game arts for parody characters,  but this mural is almost identical in-game using the real actors face. Seems to be an homage.

https://goo.gl/maps/votCx2rxTUr

• ReadyerrNot likes this

ReadyerrNot
  • ReadyerrNot

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 May 2017 - 04:31 PM

Dreaming is fun ! One thing that i love to do is just to walk the streets of L.A using Google street view. Will never beat the feeling of being there but at least it can help you to dream about it. ;p

+ Vinewood blvd is always fun to visit.

https://goo.gl/maps/eD6pRrLYNyE2

Look it's Pacific Standard Public Deposit Bank. ^_^;

And here we can see behind the wax museum. This same mural is also behind the wax museum in-game. usually they modify the in-game arts for parody characters,  but this mural is almost identical in-game using the real actors face. Seems to be an homage.

https://goo.gl/maps/votCx2rxTUr

Y'know after a stressful day, there is nothing more therapeutic than driving around Vinewood in a convertible and just taking in the scenery... Then getting depressed once I turn the game off and realise that I'm still in Liberty City.

Btw, I meant to ask this- were some areas just added into online? I swear I haven't seen some of these places before!

Galehaut
  • Galehaut

aka. MuralDeciphered

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 29 May 2017 - 02:58 AM Edited by MuralDeciphered, 29 May 2017 - 02:58 AM.

Y'know after a stressful day, there is nothing more therapeutic than driving around Vinewood in a convertible and just taking in the scenery... Then getting depressed once I turn the game off and realise that I'm still in Liberty City.

Btw, I meant to ask this- were some areas just added into online? I swear I haven't seen some of these places before!

As far as i know , the map itself is the same online. We do have access to a lot more interiors online though , like tequi la la bar.

Also Next gen is a lot more detailed and first person really helps to observe the details around the world.

• ReadyerrNot likes this

ReadyerrNot
  • ReadyerrNot

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 May 2017 - 01:48 PM Edited by ReadyerrNot, 29 May 2017 - 01:49 PM.

As far as i know , the map itself is the same online. We do have access to a lot more interiors online though , like tequi la la bar.

Also Next gen is a lot more detailed and first person really helps to observe the details around the world.
Really? Access to interiors on next gen or mods? I'm hoping you mean both, since I'm not on PC. :( I did enjoy looking around in SP though.

Scenery is absolutely beautiful. I'm very grateful for the team to take their time and recreate it. Just like the 'King of The Hill' staff, they flew around certain areas of Texas to recreate neighbourhoods and get a geographical idea of how to create the fictional town of Arlen, TX.

Also, thank you MD, you are very well mannered and nice!

Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

f*ck you

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 May 2017 - 09:46 PM

18-next-gen.jpg

l7qp5vqvhocjsk0whi5r.png
Best character of the trio, feels more human than the pork chop "sugar tits" De Santa and the "house potato" Franklin. The only reason I had any fun in this game was because of this guy, makes this game world feel less bland IMO.
  • Piggsy pls, The Deadite, ReadyerrNot and 1 other like this

ReadyerrNot
  • ReadyerrNot

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 May 2017 - 03:43 PM

18-next-gen.jpg

l7qp5vqvhocjsk0whi5r.png
Best character of the trio, feels more human than the pork chop "sugar tits" De Santa and the "house potato" Franklin. The only reason I had any fun in this game was because of this guy, makes this game world feel less bland IMO.

Damn right! Trevor and Lamar together make the game even better! The banter between those two!

TheOriginalGunslinger
  • TheOriginalGunslinger

Playa

• Members
  • United-States
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 30 May 2017 - 05:24 PM Edited by TheOriginalGunslinger, 30 May 2017 - 05:34 PM.

I appreciate Michael. My favorite character out of the trio (I liked Franklin and Trevor too) but Michael stood out to me. However, I wish Michael didn't have a family (What kind of man would he be then?)

I also appreciate the "Heat" nods too. Lester is basically Kelso (excluding the creepiness) and Michael is Neil. And to my point where this is why I wish Michael didn't have a family. I wish Michael met a woman early in the game (like how Neil met Edie and she didn't know what Michael really was until she ultimately found out).

Going back to the appreciation... The "Heat" nods were so cool. Such as the mission "Blitz Play", Michael's famous quote: "You forget 1,000 things everyday pal so make sure this is one of them" which Neil's famous quote was "A guy told me one time to not let yourself get attached to something that you are not willing to walk out of in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat coming around the corner". The way Devin Weston used the term "slick" as this term was heard several times during the movie "Heat", and the gold medal mission objective that reads "cliche" when you purchase 3 hockey masks which is basically a nod to "Heat" during the mission "Blitz Play".

I wish Michael just took a more serious approach at times though. He could have called Devin Weston and...

• Piggsy pls, Payne Killer, Darealbandicoot and 1 other like this

The Deadite
  • The Deadite

WE STILL LIVE

• The Yardies
  • None
  • 2nd Prettiest Snowflake 2017
    Most Improved 2016
    Crew Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Most Unwanted Medal 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 04 June 2017 - 07:07 AM

18-next-gen.jpg

l7qp5vqvhocjsk0whi5r.png

I disagree with Trevor feeling more human than the other two.
Franklin feels like a somewhat centered young man who wants more of life, while Michael captures pretty well a whiney, washed up c*nt stuck in a life void of excitement, Trevor is a cartoony loon with too many mental disorders/qualities crammed in, some edgy moments moments that fall short and some well done displays of psychopathic behavior: arguably one of the most sloppy written characters in gta... but f*ck me sideways if playing as him hasn't been nothing but a blast.

I like how most of the time he's not even making an effort to be liked, he's just a pathetic, repugnant, bipolar, drug-addled, bisexual bully with a soft spot for his beloved ones and he's gonna rub your face in it. He's not the guy you look up to... or even get too attached with, he's not even very sympathetic, but sure is liberating to get in his boots and make a chaos... who never wanted once to go full Trevor and beat a rude person on the subway or threaten a lousy neighbor? Insult a cop or setting a car in fire just because you can?

Sure, you could always do that with any other gta character like Niko or Tommy, but Trevor doesn't have the same moral breaks most protagonists had, it feels right to let go with him.

The single best thing about the game here, not the map or the gameplay or the story, but one of the most off-putting, crazies in gaming.
  • Piggsy pls and Payne Killer like this

VictorVince1239
  • VictorVince1239

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 June 2017 - 02:27 PM Edited by VictorVince1239, 04 June 2017 - 02:29 PM.

I appreciate the game entertaining me but I can't help but think that Franklins story should have been better not to mention the UCLA college campus knockoff on the map. 

I would have liked it if they took a page out of Bullies book for a brief part of the game having Franklin take a couple of classes at the University for a while since he was looking to have a better life but then eventually gets kicked out thanks to Lamar, Simeon or Michael. 

Then once kicked out he'd have to move back in with his Aunt Denice. 

• ReadyerrNot likes this

ReadyerrNot
  • ReadyerrNot

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2017 - 12:07 AM

I appreciate the game entertaining me but I can't help but think that Franklins story should have been better not to mention the UCLA college campus knockoff on the map. 

I would have liked it if they took a page out of Bullies book for a brief part of the game having Franklin take a couple of classes at the University for a while since he was looking to have a better life but then eventually gets kicked out thanks to Lamar, Simeon or Michael. 

That sounds awesome honestly

VictorVince1239
  • VictorVince1239

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2017 - 11:00 AM

That sounds awesome honestly

Right plus his girlfriend breaking up with him could have had something to do with that too. Oh well. 

Fluxion Cavalier
  • Fluxion Cavalier

Returned.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 June 2017 - 05:50 AM

I appreciate the close attention to detail in GTA V.

• Mister Pink likes this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpunk

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 09 June 2017 - 02:38 PM

I appreciate the close attention to detail in GTA V.

Yeah a great thing about V is the are these deep layers of detail of particular scenarios where Rockstar have thought of that a lot of people may not have. For example, calling someone after a certain mission even when unprompted and you get some line of unique dialogue. 

• Payne Killer likes this

Mr_Rager
  • Mr_Rager

slamming the door

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 09 June 2017 - 03:51 PM

Michael was a bright spot for me, really liked going for drives, boat rides or taking moody walks before dawn on the beach before going in for morning therapy sessions with him, lmao.

Gato Bakura
  • Gato Bakura

GatoBakura

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 09 June 2017 - 07:18 PM

One of my favorite things that i always like to appreciat on GTA is the visual.

Things work so good on this game, and he is so f*cking pretty and 'cause of this take photos on GTA is one of my favorite things to do on the game.

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

GTA V:A Huge improvement over snore (GTA IV)

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 20 June 2017 - 10:05 AM Edited by CGFforLife, 16 August 2017 - 08:06 AM.

I changed my mind, look at my latest post instead

Pisswassaholic
  • Pisswassaholic

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 July 2017 - 02:45 PM

The score. So many tracks I find myself revising on Spotify
  • Piggsy pls likes this

Ryder 12
  • Ryder 12

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2017 - 06:00 PM

IMO not as good as san Andreas and 4 but the heists are fun,customize guns,and fun missions. Its a good game all round.

AkLeMo
  • AkLeMo

Mr. Sleek

• Members
  • None
  • [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Cinematography

Posted 06 July 2017 - 06:48 PM

I love how I can think of no other game for my escapism.

SabreGT
  • SabreGT

And the winner by knockout is...!

• BUSTED!
  • England

Posted 07 July 2017 - 09:52 AM

I love that they finally brought back the Z-Type.  :)

• DimitriFaustin likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users