"Altercation of some kind"
- Generally, you want to clear the area before hooking the car. This mission is one of the exceptions. It's much faster and SAFE to hook the car right away, suffer the shooting and call Lester.
- If you the crime scene on foot and try to hijack the vehicle, cops will start shooting into a car (therefore - damaging it). However, if you pick the car using Cargobob, cops will target the heli and the car will suffer less damage in the end.
- Suiciding won't work, since you will regain the stars every time you approach the car. The Lester call is the only cheap option that works.
Police Traffic Stops - pretty much the same as above
- Trying to pick the moving car that is being chased by a police is the worst case scenario. DO NOT get involved into a chase - prevent it instead. Look at the radar and try to recognize this mission long before approaching to the car. Never come close!!
1) Land your heli on some hill that presents a good sniper position. Some good sniping locations.
2) Equip any of the long range sniper rifles and look for the sourcing vehicle. Police helicopter is a good non-obscured indicator.
3) Snipe the driver, take as many shots as you want. Distance is your friend, since not only it forces the driver to stay in place, but it also prevents your shots from damaging the sourcing vehicle! New thermal vision helmets are strongly recommended, since they can tell if if the driver is alive or not.
4) Snipe the police near the car (including the heli pilot)
5) Suicide to remove wanted level (optional)
6) Get Cargobob and pick the car. Be ready to call Lester. And be ready for another $0 damage delivery.
A slight tip to all sourcing missions that involve the police:
If you kill all the cops that spawned with the vehicle and lose the stars (EWO, Lester, waiting it out, whatever), you will not get any wanted level when you get in/hook the car.