Quantcast

» «
Photo

The trailer and the screenshots so far show no signs of snow.

18 replies to this topic
oglocindahouse
  • oglocindahouse

Lost John

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 May 2017 - 01:58 PM

Anyone else bummed we are not getting snow this time? I loved Tall Trees.

Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 May 2017 - 02:02 PM Edited by Jason, 23 May 2017 - 02:03 PM.

Not seeing any snow in the seven screenshots or the dozen or so clips from the trailer means no snow? Hell of a leap that mate.

• Mister Pink, Jestic, GourangaMaster and 1 other like this

confederatestatesgta
  • confederatestatesgta

garou the badass hero hunter from one punch man.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 May 2017 - 02:03 PM

we only saw a few screenshots and a one minute trailer. it could be possible that rockstar does not want to show everything at once. I hope there is snow like you said tall trees was a cool place. all we can do is wait for more info.

• otachi likes this

Dee.
  • Dee.

GTAV= Style over substance

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 May 2017 - 02:12 PM

didnt we see snow in the trailer though? my eyes did

• Pastry and Payne Killer like this

Kajjy
  • Kajjy

You wanna do the dance, for old times sake?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 May 2017 - 03:20 AM

There's what looks like a snowy area in the distance in the trailer at 0:57 seconds though?

oglocindahouse
  • oglocindahouse

Lost John

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 May 2017 - 07:29 PM Edited by oglocindahouse, 24 May 2017 - 07:32 PM.

There's what looks like a snowy area in the distance in the trailer at 0:57 seconds though?

Yeah but the snow in the trailer only looks like snowy map borders i.e. mountains you can't reach but just seal off the map. So far in the screenshots and trailer we have been shown no "wintry" areas you can actually walk around in and I am worried we will not get snow to traverse in RDR2. Im so sad this was my favourite part of the game! :(

I want something like this...

https://i.redd.it/ysmpcxqqpoxy.jpg 

I feel like we have seen so much of the landscapes already, and none of them show any snow or winter?

• 1898 likes this

Drunkard

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 May 2017 - 08:01 PM Edited by 1898, 24 May 2017 - 08:07 PM.

I feel like we have seen so much of the landscapes already, and none of them show any snow or winter?

•  

I'd be surprised if no snow.  After all america's "unforgiving heartland" has to have some snow.

BTW, Merle Travis 0474.png0474.png0474.png

• oglocindahouse and Dee. like this

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Administrator 2016
    Best Administrator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful 2014
    Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 24 May 2017 - 08:23 PM

I imagine there could be some near high peaks / mountains. If you look at the screenshots and trailer, the grass in the plains areas looks very brown/dry whereas the grass and trees in the forest areas look green and lush. It could mean a variety of environments befitting of each "biome" sorta thing. 

Drunkard

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 May 2017 - 01:22 AM

What if every now and then in certain areas it just started snowing.  That would be a treat.

Rockstar Vienna
  • Rockstar Vienna

Sir Love-A-Lot

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 25 May 2017 - 08:01 AM

Yeah but the snow in the trailer only looks like snowy map borders i.e. mountains you can't reach but just seal off the map. So far in the screenshots and trailer we have been shown no "wintry" areas you can actually walk around in and I am worried we will not get snow to traverse in RDR2. Im so sad this was my favourite part of the game! :(

I want something like this...

https://i.redd.it/ysmpcxqqpoxy.jpg 

I made a snow topic a few months ago with 2 screenshots showing the only snow we've seen so far. While I agree with you that many mountains could just be map borders I really expect a snowy area like Tall Trees or Cochinay again. I mean the snow there wasn't deep or anything (actually just white paint) but the atmosphere, especially at night, was pretty amazing. Let's wait for the next screens or a new trailer.

• 1898 likes this

Svip
  • Svip

I eat babies

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Returning Member 2014
    Lifetime Achievement Award

Posted 25 May 2017 - 10:56 AM Edited by Svip, 25 May 2017 - 10:57 AM.

We know Tall Trees exist in Red Dead Redemption. But there was no signs of it in its debut trailer nor its pre-release screenshots. You'd be hard pressed to know there even would be snow in the game before it came out (although, I have not looked through all the pre-release trailers).

But it made sense, in a way, Tall Trees - while a great location that I visited a lot myself - did not really have that major an impact on the main storyline. And trailers and screenshots has a tendency to focus on that.

Besides, why reveal everything before launch? Unrevealed locations are nicer to find on your own than anticipating their reveal, and merely sit impatiently by as the location's arrival takes a while to show itself.
  • Spider-Vice and Meekail like this

DarksunDaFirst
  • DarksunDaFirst

High Elder of the UnSeelie Court

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 May 2017 - 01:56 PM Edited by DarksunDaFirst, 25 May 2017 - 01:56 PM.

We didn't see any snow in the original Red Dead Redemption trailers either. It wasn't until they did the supplemental videos did they show some snow. If I recall correctly, the first one to show snow Gameplay trailer released in Dec of 2009. Their debut trailer came in March of that year, with one trailer in between that came in November.

There was hints of snow though before the debut trailer, but that was more leaked inside information rather than official media released by R*.

dwh850
  • dwh850

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 May 2017 - 09:32 PM

I really think rockstar has incorporated seasons. Why else would they show the leaf falling off the tree in the trailer? And if the leaves fall... there will be snow. I can't wait to see the landscape change for different seasons. Only rockstar.

jrl51592
  • jrl51592

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 May 2017 - 06:58 AM

I hope they have seasonal changes in RDR2 but I highly doubt it. We'll just have to wait and see.
  • Payne Killer likes this

Versous
  • Versous

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 26 May 2017 - 11:53 AM Edited by Versous, 26 May 2017 - 11:53 AM.

I respect that you are into such atmospheres but I don't see how snow would be a very valuable addition in a western setting to be honest.

This is not GTA where you could have some fun Snow mobile or  Ski/Snowboard races.

All i want from this map is that it is less of an illusion killer than RDR was. Don't get me wrong it is just a beautiful open world to be a part of but it never felt like travelling from point A to B GTA V was a big improvement in that regard so there is hope!

• DexPac likes this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

XMD5A

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 26 May 2017 - 01:30 PM Edited by Mister Pink, 26 May 2017 - 01:30 PM.

Jesus man, lets keep some surprise for ourselves when the game comes out, eh? :p

Seriously though, we haven't seen any interiors either? Interiors out, confirmed. 

Striker_Blitz
  • Striker_Blitz

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 26 May 2017 - 02:09 PM

Since we are on the hope train, i hope we get seasons(winter, summer etc.)

Aerosmithfan999
  • Aerosmithfan999

The Wackiness Returns

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 August 2017 - 04:44 PM

I wouldn't rule out snow entirely. There's not a whole lot we know about the game yet. I'm sure Rockstar will add snow to the game.

Holland_Hicks
  • Holland_Hicks

Big L R.I.P.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 August 2017 - 11:06 AM

I'm willing to bet there will be plenty of snow in the game. I think the map in RDR2 will be (almost) entirely dedicated to the people who loved the Tall Trees/Great Plains area of RDR1. At least this is the vibe I get from the trailer and handful of screenshots they've given us so far. 

• Efreet and jrl51592 like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users