Photo

FIFA 18

32 replies to this topic
SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 23 May 2017 - 01:51 PM Edited by SouthLand, 06 June 2017 - 03:47 PM.

9023a9687a22f72df4e6141c3348fcbdo.png

So guys, this is year i will be again creating the new FIFA topic and updating it when official news or rumors comes out. Since we still haven't got any official confirmation about the new FIFA 18, I am going to add a wishlist so you guys can add yours and let's see if some of them make it to the game:

Update 1 - Oficial cover Released.

fifa-18-portada-1-715x374.jpg

Update 2 - First Oficial Trailer

fifa-18-dimension-1.jpg

SouthLand's Ideas:

1. More European leagues: Let's try to have ALL European leagues. That Should include leagues from Countries like Ucraine, Serbia, Greece or Croatia to small countries like Andorra, Luxembourg and San Marino.

2. More Second Division leagues or even Third Division leagues for European countries like; Italy, France, Spain, Russia, Germany, Portugal, Netherlands... just like England that has a total of FOUR leagues available

3. Russian league players should have their names written in Russian characters on their Jerseys when playing in the Russian league and in Normal Alphabet when playing Europa League or Champions League.

Just like this:

Spoiler

4. If FIFA can make a WorldCup game in 2010 and 2014 and add ALL the FIFA National teams (209 to be exact), i would like to have them as well in FIFA 16. It would be great to start a New offline Player carrer and make yourself from any nationality and be able to represent your country and not be restricted to only be able to play on 47 nations.

5. More Stadiums. But not only World's best stadiums also please, make more generic stadiums for small teams with a capacity of 12,000 to 30,000.

6. Let us put our OWN chants for our team. EA Sports, Find a solution with Sony and Microsoft so this can happen.

7. Realistic fans, Crowd. STOP the useless and retarded crowd. Make it more real with people waving flags, behind the goal.

8. Put the same effort you guys put on Graphics in the Physics and Gameplay. Let the player experience a realistic gameplay of FIFA without crazy things going on like a ball hitting a player hand and the ref not stopping the game.

9. Their should be an option so when you pass the ball to your player and he is offside, he doesn't go for the ball and the game doesn't stop.

10. NO crazy/unrealistic transfers. Start a career with any team and you will see Cristiano Ronaldo go to Bayern, Messi to Manchester City... And FC Barcelona/Real Madrid signing players nobody knows

who they are.

11. In Offline player career mode, Your player should be able to discuss his salary with the team, and also, be able to contact other teams so you could ask if they want to make an offer for you. That way you don't have the same 5 teams making offers for you all the time and you can chose a team you want to play for.

12 Let's have more Countries too send Youth Scouts.

Your Ideas:

• Mister Pink and Payne Killer like this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpunk

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 23 May 2017 - 10:05 PM Edited by Mister Pink, 23 May 2017 - 10:13 PM.

I've given football a big rest lately. Didn't really like FIFA 16 and was on the verge of playing PES for a change of scenery and gameplay but that didn't click with me either. So, I skipped 2017 and will hopefully be getting Xbox Scorpio. With the disappointment of 2016 and being burnt out with football in general, I think I need a new hardware and to skip a title or two to bring me back to enjoy FIFA again. 

The women's teams added some great fun and had some great matches with mates but I don't see me really having much more fun with long-term, other than the novelty of it for the moment. 

Your ideas are sound. I hope they improve crowd too as I know it's background but it adds so much to a game. It's basically the game's atmosphere and when it's crap, it kills the atmosphere.

More stadiums is a must. Sick of playing the same ones over and over, especially if it's online. 

Also improved matchmaking. I'm not sure if everyone online just picks Barca and Real Madrid but I would be nice to play against another team for once in that category for once. Sick of meeting crappy, unimaginative players online using the same, tired exploits and watching replays for sh*tty tap-in goals and people that watch replays of penalties!!? Come on. But that's not FIFA's/EA's fault, just crappy people. Of course, you do meet good sportsmen too that wont watch a replay unless it's a good goal, which I can respect. Or if you are getting hammered, they may celebrate for the first goal or two but then skip it for every goal after. 

Also, would love to see more classic teams and players. Would love to play with 03/04 Juventus and 02/03 Real Madrid for a laugh. 

dante財閥
  • dante財閥

財閥

• Members
  • France

Posted 25 May 2017 - 11:30 PM

FIFA 17 and PES last year were both super disappointing. I don't really have any specific requests other than improved and refined game play.

• Mister Pink likes this

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 25 May 2017 - 11:32 PM

FIFA 17 and PES last year were both super disappointing. I don't really have any specific requests other than improved and refined game play.

Fifa 17 should be renamed "Hit the Post 17 times". Awful game. And the carreer mode Offline awful as well, i mean, i always get offers from the same 4 teams... Real Betis, Athletic Club, Real Sociedad and Valencia. After wining La Liga twice, The Champions League, The Spanish Cup twice and a World Cup with Spain at the age of 20 with level 80. Stupid game honestly

• LL Cool L likes this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpunk

• The Connection
  • None
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014

Posted 26 May 2017 - 10:59 PM

Glad at least two of you didn't like 2017. Makes me think I didn't miss much. 

Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 May 2017 - 12:43 AM Edited by Jason, 28 May 2017 - 10:39 AM.

Fifa 17 is good, sometimes great, sometimes bloody awful. The online 1v1 gameplay at any decent level revolves around setting the team on "counter-attack" so they sit deep, letting your AI handle most the defending and then counter at pace. Every change they made this year has basically turned 1v1's into that, and it's boooooooooooooooooring. They've essentially made the gap between low skill and high skill much, much smaller than it was and the end result is you often (not always, ofc) end up getting beat by the game and not the player.

On the plus side, it's the first Fifa in a while (maybe ever) that they've updated the three major modes in one release. Ultimate Team got a ton of genuinely good stuff, there's a lot to do and new ways to collect and it's honestly pretty neat, but they've went OTT with the sheer amount of special cards it's a bit cray-cray.

Then we have Career mode and clubs, both of which got "something", but as with every career mode update it's really superficial and doesn't solve the endless amount of problems that mode has, most of which are 5-10 years old. Then there's Club's, which got the LONG overdue kit creator, which has 8 colour options and limited badge/kit options. So in reality it was EA throwing a bone at players of those modes and going "there, that'll do, now f*ck off". As for The Journey, I just pretend and usually forget anyway that it doesn't exist, as it's so, so scripted and linear that it's worse than playing a Be a Pro career mode.

With 18 they really, really just need to spend some significant time on the other modes. FUT makes them the big bucks so it'll probably never happen in the way it should, but it's got to the point now where Career mode and Clubs are mechanically near identical to the same modes from 5+ years ago, and it's really starting to show and hurt the parts of the game that aren't Ultimate Team. :(

• Mister Pink likes this

dante財閥
  • dante財閥

財閥

• Members
  • France

Posted 27 May 2017 - 03:44 PM

First and foremost improved gameplay should be the objective right? When that improves, so does everything else. 

Dan_1983
  • Dan_1983

Thug

• Members

Posted 31 May 2017 - 12:50 PM

Two words. Camp Nou. It wasn't in FIFA 17 and playing as Barcelona when there is no Camp Nou seems weird.

Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 May 2017 - 04:21 PM

Two words. Camp Nou. It wasn't in FIFA 17 and playing as Barcelona when there is no Camp Nou seems weird.

Yea that was odd. I did always find it amusing that PES made having Barca and the Camp Nou a major selling point of the last Pro Evo though.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 31 May 2017 - 06:24 PM

I wish football games wouldn't be behind 200000 years in terms of graphics and A.I.

That would make it reasonable to buy FIFA 18.

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 31 May 2017 - 09:02 PM

Yea that was odd. I did always find it amusing that PES made having Barca and the Camp Nou a major selling point of the last Pro Evo though.

Sorry to disappoint you guys, but, looks like PES 2018 is going to have Camp Nou again just for PES.

I wish football games wouldn't be behind 200000 years in terms of graphics and A.I.

That would make it reasonable to buy FIFA 18.

The main thing that FIFA should be as ashamed of themselves is that they haven't got the licenses of all the European leagues even if the first FIFA was released 25 years ago, 25 F*CKING YEARS AGO and they haven't added all the leagues in Europe. And yes, i am talking about not that important leagues like the Luxembourg league, but also important leagues like; Greek League, Serbian League, Ukrainian League and the Romanian one.  And don't get me stared with the National Teams...

dante財閥
  • dante財閥

財閥

• Members
  • France

Posted 01 June 2017 - 12:05 AM

Do we know who the candidates are for the cover player this year? I'm biased but I'd like to see some love for Tottenham. Harry Kane would be great.

Tokasmoka
  • Tokasmoka

Peon

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 05 June 2017 - 05:52 PM

FIFA 17 was a huge disappointment.  I finally got into the World Cup in career mode but the season ends after the second prelim game every time.

fashion
  • fashion

f*ck you microtransactions

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 05 June 2017 - 07:57 PM Edited by fashion, 05 June 2017 - 08:00 PM.

Do we know who the candidates are for the cover player this year? I'm biased but I'd like to see some love for Tottenham. Harry Kane would be great.

Ronaldo most likely, as he's shown in the playstation store new fifa 18 subsection.

There's also the Ronaldo edition.

Not the type of guy to buy fifa every year for the full price. Played a fair amount of 17 with a friend and will probably play 18 togethee with him. To me, couch co-op is the only thing that matters in fifa. Though we and some other guys thought the changes they did in 17 like new penalty mechanics really sucked.

Oh wait I'm the first one to mention this actually.
  • Mister Pink likes this

Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 June 2017 - 08:35 PM

The new penalty system made me go from basically a penalty taking god to hopeless. It was hilarious watching everyone fail miserably taking them at launch though.

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 06 June 2017 - 03:48 PM

Thread Updated.

Looks like we are going to get Ronaldo in the cover. The trailer sucks tbh.

LeBron.
  • LeBron.

Master of Puppets

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 24 June 2017 - 04:57 PM

I don't really care that much about like new stadiums, clubs, and all that, but what I do care about is gameplay. FIFA 17 was, in my opinion, a big improvement over 16, but it still has some downsides that could be fixed:

1. Most of all, FIX THE AI IN DEFENCE. Seriously, how many times have you guys tried to play it out calmly - close down space, don't press when it's unnecessary - only to find out that your defenders are retarded and can't handle even a sh*tty attacker like Musa? This really gets on my nerves and it's not like it happens every 10 or 15 matches - no, it's literally happens every f*cking minute and it drives me insane. I'm just a guy who wants to play some nice football, but the game just won't let me do it. I want this to change in FIFA 18.

2. Physics engine. For such a popular game like this, from a huge company like this, the way physics work in this game is a complete joke. Players running into each otherletting the opponent to launch a counter-attack (or even score a goal when it happens in defence), tiny players like Neymar or Verratti winning an aerial fight with Smalling or Mertesacker, fouls that you didn't commit  - it all happens on daily basis and is extremely annoying. In fact, I think that it's even worse than this retarded AI because it can happen anywhere on the pitch. Mostly in the middle of the pack, but no matter where it happens, it always makes me want to throw my controller out of the window.

3. Make standing tackles more accurate like in FIFA 15. I know that it may be kind of unrealistic, but let's remember - it's just a game, not real football. Making FIFA a simulation would result in boring, long matches that would end up 0-0. We don't want that. We want to play the beautiful game - score amazing goals from distance, make spectacular saves, pass accurately for 40 yards, play tiki-taka, beat the opponents with stunning skills - you get the idea. And making standing tackles OP again would not only make defending more satisfying, but  would also encourage us to use our creativity while building up attacks. 

4. Arsenal

5. Give us everything that I've mentioned in proposed change number 3. Overhead goals, accurate passes and all that. That's what makes us love football.

6. Get tactics more involved. Make us beat our opponents with our mind, not with luck. Those of you who played Football Manager know what I'm talking about. If we could have at least a half of what what FM offers I would be completely satisfied.

EmSixTeen
  • EmSixTeen

Godfather

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Ireland

Posted 26 June 2017 - 09:55 AM

Made the mistake of buying '17 after not having one since '10, so going to skip this on release and see if it's still got all the stupid comeback mechanic sh*te.

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 26 June 2017 - 04:24 PM

Both look sh*t to me honesetly:

• Fireman likes this

Finite
  • Finite

Lazarus

• Members
  • None
  • Discussion Award [Gaming]
    Literary Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 27 June 2017 - 12:17 PM Edited by Finite, 27 June 2017 - 12:19 PM.

Made the mistake of buying '17 after not having one since '10, so going to skip this on release and see if it's still got all the stupid comeback mechanic sh*te.

It will always have it, it's how they keep it competitive. FUT has ruined in many ways what used to be a good series.

EmSixTeen
  • EmSixTeen

Godfather

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Ireland

Posted 28 June 2017 - 02:00 PM

It will always have it, it's how they keep it competitive. FUT has ruined in many ways what used to be a good series.

Comeback mechanics are the antithesis of competition.

Finite
  • Finite

Lazarus

• Members
  • None
  • Discussion Award [Gaming]
    Literary Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 29 June 2017 - 08:38 AM

I agree, but EA can't have you defeating anyone too easily as that would disincentivize too many people from buying microtransactions in their £60 game.

Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 June 2017 - 12:08 PM

I'm not massive into believing the whole comeback, momentum and scripted stuff. I'm not dismissive of them by any means, but when you look at the top end of the skill tree the best players tend to always win, going 40-0 in the FUT weekend league etc. I think it's more of a case of football being football, and humans being humans.- even if there is truth to the scripted/comeback stuff.

Fifa does have it's bullsh*t tho, absolutely. I really hope Fifa 18 moves away from the horrible style of play that 17 has, everyone sitting deep, playing on the counter, using an overload of pace. It's not as bad as the old days of L1+Triangle/LB+Y but the fact everyone you run into it plays like it makes it all very boring. Anyway, hope we see some of what's new soon, praying for my once every 3 years update to Pro Clubs as per usual.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpunk

• The Connection
  • None
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014

Posted 22 August 2017 - 08:46 PM

My strengths are counter-attacking, through-ball passing and long shots. I'm still playing FIFA 16 right now and it took me a good while to get used to. It's really only lately since I picked it back up again that I've really been good at it, winning 2 titles back to back in a day in Seasons online. Just reading above about FIFA 17, I wonder if that game would have been good for my style of play or not?

Anyway, I've skipped 17 and I'm itching for a new FIFA so I'll get 18. Disappointed that the Chinese Super League isn't going to be in it. Pity we wont play with the likes of Tevez or Pato again, unless they add it next year and they're still playing.

LL Cool L
  • LL Cool L

Living Healthy - Super Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:56 AM

last year for the 1st time in years i got both fifa AND pes....

had way more fun with pes...My favorite mode is be a pro or player career (where you only control one player)

the unofficial-ness of pes and the bizarre managerial choices/ transfers/ starting teams/ manager AI can be very annoying but the actual gameplay was more fun and dynamic...the opposing team really TRY and score...in fifa when the difficulty is high they just play keep ball with defense...poor programming imo

in fifa the opposing team almost never ever score against me...in pes..I draw a lot more and lose sometimes when playing for a weaker team (as it should be)

the creating a player is much better in pes...you can stylize your player with more options....it can be tedious doing all the kits and names, etc but once that is done..the game is very fun to play..the tricks are smooth and once you get used it, work better than fifa and look better...imo again

also the lack of african international teams in fifa is very annoying...I want to represent Nigeria, which I can only do in pes

this year,,probs will get both again but only play fifa with my team for online pro clubs....pes seems more fun, with more game modes....im leaning more towards pes at this stage

I dunno man, ima load up my ps3 and play fifa street....fiending for some indoor/cage football (was hoping for and indoor mode in this years fifa) they just keep making the same game year in year out with minor changes...

• Fireman likes this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpunk

• The Connection
  • None
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014

Posted 12 September 2017 - 02:40 PM

I was toying with getting PES last year or year before because I was sick of FIFA. Maybe I will this year again. Can you still get a USB and install a data file thingy on the consoles that edits all the names? I think I read I couldn't do that so I just settled for FIFA again. PES 08 was the last PES I really played. 

LL Cool L
  • LL Cool L

Living Healthy - Super Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 September 2017 - 04:36 PM

yhh they still do it via usb port....but the best time to get them is after the January transfer window unfortunately 

it took me a whole day to do it...because of my obessions for attention to detail...I made sure all the team names were proper...manager names...kits...home team color etc...that is the longest part to me...I do this all before I even play a single match

• Mister Pink likes this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpunk

• The Connection
  • None
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014

Posted 13 September 2017 - 12:36 AM

yhh they still do it via usb port....but the best time to get them is after the January transfer window unfortunately 

it took me a whole day to do it...because of my obessions for attention to detail...I made sure all the team names were proper...manager names...kits...home team color etc...that is the longest part to me...I do this all before I even play a single match

Cool, that's encouraging. But you are on Playstation, right? Maybe it wasn't available on Xbox. I'll look it to it. If I can do it, I might be interested in buying it. Also would be nice having the Champions League.

fashion
  • fashion

f*ck you microtransactions

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:37 AM Edited by fashion, 13 September 2017 - 11:58 AM.

So the demo arrived yesterday or tonight or so. Gonna DL it later today.

Edit: wow, this is just like fifa 17. They can claim they changed some minor mechanics but it's still almost the exact same game.

The only noticable difference is that many characters have the donald trump skin color now.

I have to admit though, the story mode looks interesting and the cutscenes look quite good.

I always appreciate the free demo each year, but I'm waiting for a new Fifa since Fifa 15. Blow my mind next year and I just might buy it. Not quite there yet.

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 13 September 2017 - 01:58 PM

Anyone who buys fifa 18 is getting ripped off. I am getting Football manager this year and f*ck fifa

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users