• Best Administrator 2016
    Best Administrator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful 2014
    Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 22 May 2017 - 09:29 PM

I wonder what this means about our hopes for E3....

• saintsrow, Antaxi, Yoona and 4 others like this

TheOriginalGunslinger
  • TheOriginalGunslinger

The Good

• Members
  • United-States
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 22 May 2017 - 09:29 PM

7 month wait = 7 screenshots

:D
  • saintsrow, Kirsty, RedDagger and 8 others like this

Mas u Sees
  • Mas u Sees

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 May 2017 - 09:30 PM Edited by Mas u Sees, 22 May 2017 - 09:30 PM.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure them announcing RDR2 so soon was because of Take-Two. I wonder what took them so long though, we've had evidence of RDR2 being worked on since at least 2013, like, what? 

The game's been worked on since 2011, with concept artists from then drawing concepts.(I think someone allready brought this up)

It is just the nature of game development, especially with R*s games, they always take that long. GTA V took 5 years as well, and especially with the shift to Next Gen, R* want to show what they got.

Also they hint towards that in their post here:

first Rockstar game created from the ground up for the latest generation of console hardware, and some extra time is necessary to ensure that we can deliver the best experience possible for our fans.
  • Rafae and AfroKloud like this

GourangaMaster
  • GourangaMaster

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►BA

• Members

Posted 22 May 2017 - 09:31 PM

Where is the last quote from Mas u Sees?

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

...I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Best Poster [Rockstar Games] 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Damn, who knew RDR2s delay would cause the stock to drop this much. But it's clear that Rockstar/T2 purposefully waited for the market to close before announcing the delay.

The call conference being pushed forward probably has something to do with reassuring investors after the delay announcement.

lbYmOCW.png

Definitely had to do with this. They're actually doing the conference before the markets open. And the delay announcement was after they closed. Well played Take-Two.

• saintsrow, Efreet and Rafae like this

Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

So now onto the future... They said they'll be sharing more in the Summer and I think we can rule out E3 at this point for obvious reasons, so probably after the typical E3 hype has died down they'll start talking so late June or early-mid July I'd guess. Hopefully it's the full reveal but they might hold it back as it's still a ways away at that point. They'll also probably dull down any marketing/promotion around September to November - no reason to get involved in all that noise now, and then slowly go through the marketing gears towards Spring.

On the bright side, this was a big delay, maybe 4-6 months, no doubt in part cause they don't like to release games in the Winter but it should also give them enough time that they won't delay it again. It also means we'll probably not get a massive information drought again. Every cloud has a silver lining and all that.

• P.T. and Yoona like this

123-bob
  • 123-bob

Hustler

• Members

Posted 22 May 2017 - 09:32 PM

I wonder what this means about our hopes for E3....

It means we get nothing at E3

Maybe some PS4 exclusivity DLC deal, thats it 

• saintsrow, P.T. and Yoona like this

Maibatsu545
  • Maibatsu545

veritas vos liberabit

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 May 2017 - 09:33 PM Edited by Maibatsu545, 22 May 2017 - 09:34 PM.

Lmfao of course its delayed R* is one of the worst managed companies on the planet. Great artists working there, but the upper management are a bunch of bozos. The game better be f*cking incredible for how long it's taken to come out.

And of course Take-Two waited until the markets closed to announce it. They wrote the book on shady business practices.
  • Darrel, anthony, Yoona and 4 others like this

dudeherm43
  • dudeherm43

Player Hater

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 22 May 2017 - 09:34 PM

The protagonist with covered face again... just for some mystery of will he have a horrible scar? Maybe earn it halfway through the game...

• AUScowboy likes this

Dee.
  • Dee.

GTAV= Style over substance

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 May 2017 - 09:35 PM

f*ck them..a day before the conference call and they kept us in the dark for 7 f*cking f*ckity f*cking f*ckING MONTHS!  Oh, but 4 sh*tty ass motherf*cking screenshots are great f*cking compensation. f*ck YOU ALL TO HELL!!

• saintsrow, anthony, P.T. and 6 others like this

Father Girth
  • Father Girth

So what am I, the button pusher?

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 May 2017 - 09:35 PM

So who were the people who said they'd take a ban if it didn't come out this Fall? Or was that for an E3 appearance? :p

• saintsrow and BurnettVice like this

Dee.
  • Dee.

GTAV= Style over substance

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 May 2017 - 09:36 PM Edited by DeeDogg_, 22 May 2017 - 09:37 PM.

Damn, who knew RDR2s delay would cause the stock to drop this much. But it's clear that Rockstar/T2 purposefully waited for the market to close before announcing the delay.

The call conference being pushed forward probably has something to do with reassuring investors after the delay announcement.

lbYmOCW.png

Definitely had to do with this. They're actually doing the conference before the markets open. And the delay announcement was after they closed. Well played Take-Two.

thats sleazy as f*ck. I swear if they dont have a blowout at E3 Im gonna lose my f*cking sh*t

@Father Girth: It was about E3 

• Yoona and Jo1997 like this

Antaxi
  • Antaxi

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 22 May 2017 - 09:38 PM

This game looks completely sick, but delay hurt my feelings :monocle:

• saintsrow, P.T., Rafae and 2 others like this

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 22 May 2017 - 09:38 PM

Lmfao of course its delayed R* is one of the worst managed companies on the planet. Great artists working there, but the upper management are a bunch of bozos. The game better be f*cking incredible for how long it's taken to come out.

And of course Take-Two waited until the markets closed to announce it. They wrote the book on shady business practices.

It's incredible how so few people here seem to peg on to their arrogance as a company.

• Maibatsu545, AUScowboy and AfroKloud like this

Razed-
  • Razed-

aka rpg

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 May 2017 - 09:39 PM

Fall for Rockstar is October and Spring is probably April or May. Like many others, I also predicted Spring 2018 last year. When do you guys think they will announce the PC version? Before or after console release?

• Fun 2 likes this

Mr. Jabe
  • Mr. Jabe

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 May 2017 - 09:40 PM

Is it me or does the building in the far distance (left) say "BLACKWATER"

c6a4b95cdb837c0dcace6e17f986be52b8c9e968

That´s what i thought! At least the word "Black" is visible...

I think it could well just be for a "Blacksmith" sign like for "Sheriff" and "Saloon" elsewhere on the street!?

• Dee., Father Girth, TheOriginalGunslinger and 2 others like this

Rafae
  • Rafae

Boss

• GTAF Crew
  • None

Posted 22 May 2017 - 09:42 PM

Why's everyone ruling out E3?

Pretty sure that's part of what they were referring when saying they'll share more in the "summer"

• saintsrow, Dee. and Juan marstoon like this

Yoona
  • Yoona

Playa

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 22 May 2017 - 09:43 PM Edited by Yoona, 22 May 2017 - 09:44 PM.

Pretty sure that's part of what they were referring when saying they'll share more in the "summer"

It's because Summer technically starts on June 21st so a week after E3.

Mas u Sees
  • Mas u Sees

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 May 2017 - 09:43 PM

E3 is during spring, not summer.

eyman
  • eyman

Nothing Special

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 May 2017 - 09:44 PM

Lesson of the Day:

So whenever anxiously waiting for Rockstar to release information about upcoming games, Just look at the Next Conference call.

• P.T. and Idro_Novenalen like this

Baked English Beans
  • Baked English Beans

[Insert cheeky line here]

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 22 May 2017 - 09:44 PM

At this point I would've been more surprised if it came this fall. Oh well, they sure do know how to soften a blow though.

• saintsrow likes this

éX-Driver
  • éX-Driver

Playa

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 May 2017 - 09:45 PM

lbYmOCW.png

thats sleazy as f*ck. I swear if they dont have a blowout at E3 Im gonna lose my f*cking sh*t

@Father Girth: It was about E3 

It's not sleazy, it's an excuse to buy stocks Take Two. You think it's gonna stay that low? Hell no! It'll rebound in like 2 weeks, and Any TT games announced at E3 is gonna make it take to the skies. And when more RDR3 info comes out? Raining green, baby
  • Striker_Blitz likes this

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None
  • Take-Two Analyst of the Year

Posted 22 May 2017 - 09:45 PM

What happened to the General thread?

Edit: R* delay dna never fails. hopefully for the best. And they said multiple protags 😂😂

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

...I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Best Poster [Rockstar Games] 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 22 May 2017 - 09:46 PM Edited by Spider-Vice, 22 May 2017 - 09:46 PM.

Discussion will be centralised here at least until everything dies down a little bit.

What happened to the General thread?

Edit: R* delay dna never fails. hopefully for the best. And they said multiple protags

Idro_Novenalen
  • Idro_Novenalen

Interior decorator

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 22 May 2017 - 09:46 PM Edited by Idro_Novenalen, 22 May 2017 - 09:49 PM.

I expected a delay. I mean who wasn't? It was in the air. Still I wished to be able to play RDR2 this fall and not IN A FREAKIN' YEAR. Jeez! At least I hope it'll come out in March, not one single month later. I know it's for the best, but the delusion is pretty strong. Another delay. Don't get me wrong, I understand and the game looks incredibile, but to wait another YEAR, after 7 months of nothing. 

They announced the game just to increase TTWO stocks and delayed it when the market was closed. Oh boy they're good at this, aren't they

Edit: I don't think we'll see it at E3. Or if we'll see it, please don't be a gameplay trailer. It'll kill me to see it and know that I will not have it 'till 2018 

• LoveFist87, Rafae and Yoona like this

Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 May 2017 - 09:52 PM

I tell ya one thing, I bet a whole bunch of developers and publishers just breathed a massive sigh of relief.  :lol:

• Kirsty, Rafae, Yoona and 3 others like this

Xayah
  • Xayah

I can never resist an invitation to dance

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 22 May 2017 - 09:53 PM

I literally ran through the house screaming and crying of happiness. Delay sucks, sure, but its for polishing and FFFFFSS look at dem screenshots.
And damn news this summer, i'm loosing my sh*t. So happy that we have something to talk about for some months now.
  • AfroKloud likes this

Father Girth
  • Father Girth

So what am I, the button pusher?

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 May 2017 - 09:55 PM

Lmao Kirsty just make a joke (or was it?) yesterday about how if people said "F*ck Rockstar" and the like, there'd be bans.

• RedDagger and Xayah like this

Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

f*ck you

• Members
  • None

Please don't let this be another GTA V with beautiful screenshots and decent gameplay with full online focus.
  • Rafae, A.O.D.88 and Mr_Rager like this

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

The wait continues...

• Kirsty, Neudd, TheOriginalGunslinger and 1 other like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users