Far Cry 5 [2018]

924 replies to this topic
Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago

I'm sure Mars will be open world, I mean why give us a jetpack if it's not? That'd just be stupid

I think Zombies won't be.... cause it's a movie by Guy Marvel. Having Post Apocalypse Hope County as a map would be pretty cool though, even if it's just restricted to Falls End like AC's Jack the Ripper didn't edit the entire London map for it just an area of it.

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 6 days ago

So what are we going to get in this week's challenge?

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago

This weekly challenge....

UGH!

Kill enemies from 160 meters away.....

WHY is this a thing?!

Glad it's lowered to 350,000......

I know the PERFECT place to get it.... if you know, enemies spawned post game outside outposts :/

The mission you unlock Hurke in, you're in the perfect spot before you zipline on over

luisniko
  • luisniko

*cue high-pitched sfx "Hooaaaaah! Yahhh!"

• Members
  • None

Posted 6 days ago

Sniper rifle bullet shoots like popcorn and will just vanish after reaching certain distance.
  • Shadowfennekin likes this

fashion
  • fashion

Do not be sorry. Be better.

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Mars
  • Most Desperate For a Ban 2017

Posted 5 days ago

Wait, people who have finished still play this game for the live events? I stopped caring, even if I miss out on all the gear. The game is a closed book to me for now.
  • Cutter De Blanc likes this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 5 days ago

I don't even know who Guy Marvel is, never met him, never going to

Spoiler

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Members
  • None

Posted 5 days ago

Wait, people who have finished still play this game for the live events? I stopped caring, even if I miss out on all the gear. The game is a closed book to me for now.

i did the first ones, but quickly found another game to start.

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 5 days ago

Sniper rifle bullet shoots like popcorn and will just vanish after reaching certain distance.

Never mind the fact it's nearly impossible to tell how far away the enemy is, and the enemies won't draw in if you get too far away

I always HATED those Far Cry achievements with a passion, especially the arrow related ones

If anyone is interested; I suggest doing the outposts near water for this. Just dock your boat far enough away, get out binoculars and mark the enemies then get out your sniper and have at 'em

It was a lot easier than finding a cliff or mountain to fire down upon an outpost from

Mr. Scratch
  • Mr. Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None
  • Lousy T-Shirt

Posted 5 days ago

I thought I was the only one who found the shooting way off. I've had tons of situations where I was aiming at an enemy who's doing f*ck all and somehow miss his noggin by a mile.

OurJud
  • OurJud

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 5 days ago

Trying to find out if I have a bug, but ever since finishing the campaign Im constantly followed around the map by Nick Rye in his plane. If having the sound of his plane constantly circling me wasnt bad enough, he also opens fire on the few remaining pockets of enemies whenever I get near.

Ive tried hiring them dismissing him, in case he was stuck in a permanently hired loop of some sort, but it doesnt seem to have made any difference.

Is this normal after-game behaviour from this particular GFH?

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 5 days ago

Trying to find out if I have a bug, but ever since finishing the campaign Im constantly followed around the map by Nick Rye in his plane. If having the sound of his plane constantly circling me wasnt bad enough, he also opens fire on the few remaining pockets of enemies whenever I get near.

Ive tried hiring them dismissing him, in case he was stuck in a permanently hired loop of some sort, but it doesnt seem to have made any difference.

Hm... tried filling your squad with two other GFHs?

• OurJud likes this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 4 days ago

It's not Nick Rye it's just a friendly plane, you can still call for Nick Rye.
  • OurJud and Doctor Holliday like this

Doctor Holliday
  • Doctor Holliday

Deputy Marshal

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 days ago

Yeah, this isn't a bug. It sounds like this guy is experiencing one of the many problems with Far Cry 5's terrible AI :pp

It's not just enemies, even the good guys are affected by this poor design. It's also one of the reasons why stealth doesn't work in this game. Either you haven't liberated a region yet and there's CONSTANT patrols of cult pilots spawning directly above you and flying in endless circles... or you've liberated a region and there's CONSTANT patrols of militia pilots spawning directly above you and flying in endless circles. The cult pilots have telescopic infra-red vision and can spot you virtually anywhere outdoors. The militia pilots draw attention to themselves and engage any wild animals or enemies at outposts.

You can't play stealth with any consistency and you can't really enjoy the Montana atmosphere. The sound of a buzzing biplane engine almost never ends in this game. Just one among the many other questionable gameplay decisions which have ruined this Far Cry for me.

• OurJud and Am Shaegar like this

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 4 days ago

Shoot them down
  • OurJud likes this

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 days ago

Well this live event is f*cked lol

80,000 of 350,000 on day three

Should have been 100,000 with a task like this honestly. Every other goal went up because of players just playing the game.... when would somebody EVER shoot somebody from 160 meters?

Doctor Holliday
  • Doctor Holliday

Deputy Marshal

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 days ago

Shoot them down

So you're constantly wasting ammo and/or giving away your position to any enemies in the area, ruining any chance you'd prefer to be stealthy? No thanks. The solution for bad gameplay design shouldn't be forcing the player to shoot down a plane every 5 minutes. The solution would be a complete overhaul of the AI so that it resembles something that is even remotely realistic. Because right now it's comically unrealistic and frustrating.

There are planes everywhere. It's ridiculous.

But apparently - according to the story - the county is being ravaged by these cult members because people are having trouble 'making contact' with the outside world or getting any help. Does anyone notice how incredibly stupid this is? The county is supposed to be isolated and you're supposed to be trapped which is why you're on the adventure to begin with... but there are planes EVERYWHERE. Anyone could have left and gotten help at any time.

Sorry I can't talk about Far Cry 5 without acknowledging what a dump it is. I'll stop.

• Am Shaegar likes this

OurJud
  • OurJud

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 4 days ago

Thanks to everyone that offered their help. It's too much of a pain to try and quote each, so I'll answer each directly.

@Shadowfennekin: Not tried hiring two GFH. I didn't bother getting the perk as I don't use GFH anyway. Although I did try hiring and dismissing Rick without it helping, so not sure that's the answer.

@Cutter De Blanc: Ah! I just assumed it was Nick as he often takes out enemies for me. Thought only the GFH did that?

@Doctor Holiday: No, the AI's certainly not the best, is it? Although I've experienced worse.

@Southland: Tried that, but a few minutes later he was back.

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 3 days ago

So you're constantly wasting ammo and/or giving away your position to any enemies in the area, ruining any chance you'd prefer to be stealthy? No thanks. The solution for bad gameplay design shouldn't be forcing the player to shoot down a plane every 5 minutes. The solution would be a complete overhaul of the AI so that it resembles something that is even remotely realistic. Because right now it's comically unrealistic and frustrating.

Shoot them down

There are planes everywhere. It's ridiculous.

But apparently - according to the story - the county is being ravaged by these cult members because people are having trouble 'making contact' with the outside world or getting any help. Does anyone notice how incredibly stupid this is? The county is supposed to be isolated and you're supposed to be trapped which is why you're on the adventure to begin with... but there are planes EVERYWHERE. Anyone could have left and gotten help at any time.

Sorry I can't talk about Far Cry 5 without acknowledging what a dump it is. I'll stop.

You have a point. 

I already told you that if we where talking about a small town in the middle of nowhere, we could have a cult taking over. But a whole county in modern day US with smartphones and social media... Not happening. 

@Southland: Tried that, but a few minutes later he was back.

250px-Terminator-2-judgement-day.jpg

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 days ago

I really wonder what happens if a live event fails

Like what happens to the reward? Is it just gone forever? Put in the shop?

This live event looks like the first one to fail. Such a sh*tty task. You can easily do it with planes/helis.... but still people just playing the game won't be adding anything as you have to go out of your way to do this

Usually a live event is 500,000-1,000,000 by now.... but it's not even at 125,000 lol and only three days to reach 350,000..... more than double

I wonder how the goal looks like on other consoles....

Sinner!
  • Sinner!

Player Hater

• Members
  • Algeria

Posted 2 days ago

I love how there's music playing in Faith's region as it really adds to the eerie atmosphere of Henbane River, I love little touches like that.

Hunting alone at night with Only You playing in the distance is fantastically eerie. 

• OurJud likes this

luisniko
  • luisniko

*cue high-pitched sfx "Hooaaaaah! Yahhh!"

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 days ago

Gone forever or available again when they decided to put up the reward again.

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A day ago

Gone forever or available again when they decided to put up the reward again.

I'd rather they just throw the outfits in the shop after the live events are done.

They throw other versions of the personal goal weapon/vehicle in the shop the week after the failure, so no harm done if you lost out on the Shovel Launcher or anything.

If they do Sharpshooter again, it'll just crash and burn again.

Skeever
  • Skeever

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States
  • Draw Contest Winner 2016

Posted A day ago

The progress is just shy of 150,000 out of 350,000 on the XB1, with only two days remaining... I'm glad the reward is nothing special this week.

OurJud
  • OurJud

Gangsta

• Members

Posted A day ago

I love how there's music playing in Faith's region as it really adds to the eerie atmosphere of Henbane River, I love little touches like that.

Hunting alone at night with Only You playing in the distance is fantastically eerie. 

It's the little details that do it for me, too.

I finished the game about three weeks ago and really thought I'd seen everything, but the other day I performed a takedown on a peggie who was crouched behind my car, and was pleasantly surprised to see my character drag him over the bonnet / hood and ram his head into the side of the car a couple of times. Months of gameplay and I'd never seen this takedown before.

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 hours ago

The progress is just shy of 150,000 out of 350,000 on the XB1, with only two days remaining... I'm glad the reward is nothing special this week.

Right?

I'm hoping we hit the silver bars at least. Only 6,000 away from that...

Thankfully it's not Faith/Jacob we're missing out on for losing.

I was rather curious if the Hunter was another special outfit, or if we could actually mix and match though. I'd have loved to use the glasses

It's the little details that do it for me, too.

I finished the game about three weeks ago and really thought I'd seen everything, but the other day I performed a takedown on a peggie who was crouched behind my car, and was pleasantly surprised to see my character drag him over the bonnet / hood and ram his head into the side of the car a couple of times. Months of gameplay and I'd never seen this takedown before.

Heh.... wow

They never seem to be near vehicles in places I can sneak up on them. Really makes the first rank of saboteur useless tbh. I mainly got the achievement and perk for it by shooting and tricking Peggies to run towards the car while I ran in the opposite direction as it was blowing up

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users