Far Cry 5 [2018]

278 replies to this topic
Ertan Soner
  • Ertan Soner

Ignore Mode Activated!

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted A week ago

They should remove that "you can customize p416 but you can't customize ak 47" thing. Every weapon should be customizable.

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Every GTA is a reskin too.

EDIT:

Nope but nice try. Rockstar changes up things with each new game and actually puts effort into their games. 

Ubisoft just rehashes the same sh*t, this might as well be an expansion of Far Cry 4 which was already Far Cry 3 but worse. 

I guess they only change stuff if they are forced to (like with Assassins Creed last year).

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpink 2018

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster in Music 2017
    Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted A week ago Edited by Mister Pink, A week ago.

That's true, Ubisoft can be a very formulaic in their games development but I'm still optimistic for this. I'm a total sucker for these maps with beautiful vistas and dynamic weather etc. Now with flying, things like fishing and it apparently catering to different playstyles, I'm definitely going to try purchase this day one. Haven't played a Far Cry since Far Cry 3. 

I know Journey posted this on the previous page but just in case someone missed it.

I just hope we can turn off some of those HUD indicators. Screen is super cluttered like Internet Explorer on an OAP's laptop.

• OurJud likes this

OurJud
  • OurJud

Gangsta

• Members

Posted A week ago

I know I keep going on about it, but I'll be waiting a few weeks before I buy this, to see what the HUD options are, and If it turns out there's no option to disable all those annoying button prompts and markers, I won't be buying.

• Mister Pink likes this

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted A week ago

Hurk is back, yes, love that dumb idiot

Am Shaegar
  • Am Shaegar

Chartered Accountant

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

As if GTA's don't feel very formulaic open world's? I come across many people during forum discussions that have stopped playing GTA for a long, long time, and rather enjoy Ubisoft's Far cry, because despite it's formulaic nature, the game is worth having some good time having fun in their open worlds. It applies to WD2, as well. Rockstar hasn't changed the series much in their modern transformation. Each new GTA feels like more like a rehash with hardly any efforts put into evolving their games further than what we have already experienced before. Far cry has a history of offering titles like FC2, Primal, and Blood Dragon to shake the foundations for something different. Where did Rockstar even attempt to do something like that with GTA, other than putting all their efforts in Online?
Far cry offer a lengthy single player adventure, which aren't perfect, and do feel grindy, and repetitive, at times, but the fact that the player has the freedom to choose what they want to play, and what not, makes them better in my books, because I get many options to choose from the checklist of things to do. I feel like Far Cry is gradually improving in incremental steps with as many changes as possible with each new game,unlike GTA which seems like it refuses to even bother improving at all. It feels empty, full of missing potential, unless you switch to multiplayer, it's just a flat out bore.
When I say GTA feels like a reskin, it applies mainly to the modern games, and not the old GTA's, which are still much more appealing to me, for various reasons.

I do sense some improvements with FC5, and hoping to see the formula getting better, which is the reason why FC still sells.
  • Mister Pink and Ivan1997GTA like this

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by Journey_95, A week ago.

As if GTA's don't feel very formulaic open world's? I come across many people during forum discussions that have stopped playing GTA for a long, long time, and rather enjoy Ubisoft's Far cry, because despite it's formulaic nature, the game is worth having some good time having fun in their open worlds. It applies to WD2, as well. Rockstar hasn't changed the series much in their modern transformation. Each new GTA feels like more like a rehash with hardly any efforts put into evolving their games further than what we have already experienced before. Far cry has a history of offering titles like FC2, Primal, and Blood Dragon to shake the foundations for something different. Where did Rockstar even attempt to do something like that with GTA, other than putting all their efforts in Online?
Far cry offer a lengthy single player adventure, which aren't perfect, and do feel grindy, and repetitive, at times, but the fact that the player has the freedom to choose what they want to play, and what not, makes them better in my books, because I get many options to choose from the checklist of things to do. I feel like Far Cry is gradually improving in incremental steps with as many changes as possible with each new game,unlike GTA which seems like it refuses to even bother improving at all. It feels empty, full of missing potential, unless you switch to multiplayer, it's just a flat out bore.
When I say GTA feels like a reskin, it applies mainly to the modern games, and not the old GTA's, which are still much more appealing to me, for various reasons.

I do sense some improvements with FC5, and hoping to see the formula getting better, which is the reason why FC still sells.

And I have across many who are sick of Ubisoft's games and milked out formula.  It became so bad with Assassin's Creed that people stopped caring (Syndicate sold badly) and they even took a year off to change some things up.  I can only hope that the same happens with Far Cry as well.

GTA is completely different with each game, especially since the HD Era where they work on each game from the ground up and don't just reuse the assets. Your argument shows your bias for the 3D Era, again. I love VC but it was basically GTA 3, just better.

Primal still followed the same old Ubisoft formula. You know its bad when even a game thats set in the stone age plays like a game set in modern day..wtf!  Blood Dragon was at least fun.

What freedom? The same 2 half assed styles where you do stealth or kill everyone..Their worlds are lifeless and fake compared to Rockstars and other good developers. Same old outposts, horribly written characters etc. Most of their games lack any sort of soul and are just reskins. Flat out bore is exactly how I would describe every Far Cry game apart from 3 which was actually fun. Since then they have just been copying 3's style and haven't done anything interesting. Hell the core gameplay seems to be the same with every Ubisoft franchise these days.

GTA V, a game you seem to go from liking to suddenly hating all the time, is one of the most successful games of all time...so clearly most actually think that the formula is getting better too (if we go with your sales argument). Yeah V is flawed overall but its still better than most Ubisoft games, at least Rockstar puts some effort into their games.

• Algonquin Assassin and Ertan Soner like this

OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick
  • OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Pretty sad that most of this thread has been just filled with the same people whining and complaining about the same things over and over again instead of actual discussion about Far Cry 5. 

• deathdealer, DexMacLeod and Laker23 like this

Edward Nashton
  • Edward Nashton

Bread Makes You Fat?!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 minutes ago

Should I give Far Cry 4 a shot before diving into 5? It's on sale for $11 on steam. I've never played through one of these all the way since Instincts, so I'm not burned out on this series like a lot of people are.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users