Quantcast

» «
Photo

Did anyone else take advantage of the Shark Card bonus this weekend?

73 replies to this topic
Forza Harrd
  • Forza Harrd

Chef

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 May 2017 - 01:56 AM

Ha I bought one last month with a rebate (during 2x heists, I don't do heists).

I spent so much money last weekend omg I might buy another. I still haven't got a Ruiner 2000. (my second character unlocked turbo, that was EXPENSIVE, even with it being on sale. Then a week later she unlocked stage 4 engine upgrade. Plus I bought her a Specter Custom.

Now I'm down to 13 mil, my main needs a Ruiner and my 2nd needs everything that's expensive, and a DLC is coming up?! O_O

Black-Dragon96
  • Black-Dragon96

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 24 May 2017 - 06:22 AM

I dont have to pay to download it. Without sharkcards, this would not be the case.

Like I said, I don't think that's completely the case, but ok.

It would be very nice if you could explain that.

Broblab
  • Broblab

Homicidal maniac

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 May 2017 - 07:06 AM

whats a shark card?

Black-Dragon96
  • Black-Dragon96

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 24 May 2017 - 11:44 AM

^ Not sure if serious.

zoso80
  • zoso80

Uninstalled GTA 10-6-17, an era comes to a close.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 May 2017 - 01:12 PM Edited by zoso80, 24 May 2017 - 01:12 PM.

Thank you. Simply a great post.

giphy.gif

Okay.  Someone's angry about what other people choose to do, that has no negative effect on them whatsoever.

It doesn't?

If you like to throw a bunch of $100s into a blender to make a Benjamin-shake, then I actually don't care what you're doing with your money.

The problem comes in when you have a game with a microtransaction model, where the purchases of a small percentage of players dictate the development of said game.

Do you wanna know why they push out garbage content in the form of adversary modes, week by week only a little bit? Because enough people are still giving them money for garbage cosmetic content. When they stopped adding the vehicles into single player, enough people were cool with it. Raising prices every update, resulting in a $6 million parachute car, people are still paying for it.

It's this whole Call of Duty generation that thinks buying copy-and-paste content, while complaing later on the internet is gonna do anything. I don't mind that R* is getting paid for GTA Online, but what makes me sad is, people seem to not realize that the relation between the content they're providing and the paycheck the're getting is so not at all in our favor! They're just filling up their pockets, while you sit on a grindfest of a game.

But hey, as long as you get a 50% discount on overpriced cash cards, it basically makes them a good deal, right? ...right?!

I just wish people would learn to vote with their wallets...

• nik_west likes this

Quinn_flower
  • Quinn_flower

S.T.A.R.S Unit/The Dear R* Girl

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 24 May 2017 - 01:32 PM

well gta is on sale on steam with shark cards....ugh

Cern
  • Cern

Cutest Cervine

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 May 2017 - 11:33 AM

No way dude, Rockstar is way too greedy! They haven't released anything for free since this game came out, why would I buy a shark card? /s

If I had known about the deal I would have. Sometimes buying those cards allows me to have way more fun than grinding for that money.

Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Boss

• Members
  • None
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 27 May 2017 - 11:54 AM

The deal is still on Steam - it is just that you won't get the cash bonus from Rockstar, but the cash cards themselves are discounted, so you can buy a Megalodon and Whale Shark for the price of a Megalodon.

I still cannot participate in public fun, because someone from my crew aptly compared the public freeroam gameplay with rubberless action in vietnamese funhouse, so the money you bought can also be removed by the skids.

HalfOfAKebab
  • HalfOfAKebab

Help & Support

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award [GTAO]

Posted 27 May 2017 - 04:49 PM

Nope. Never bought Shark Cards (other than near the start of GTA:O when I was a noob), never will. I'm almost at $40M in the bank, and climbing :).

Why should I spend real money to get something I can't use in real life?  :lol:

You bought GTAV...
  • R3CON likes this

nWo_Y2J_2015
  • nWo_Y2J_2015

Can you break code?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 May 2017 - 10:14 AM Edited by nWo_Y2J_2015, 30 May 2017 - 10:14 AM.

I dont have to pay to download it. Without sharkcards, this would not be the case.

Like I said, I don't think that's completely the case, but ok.

It would be very nice if you could explain that.

I just think updates would still happen, regardless of Shark Card sales.

The whole 'Shark Card' thing didn't even start until after the first update or two in 2013.

I'm almost at $40M in the bank

How?

Danibogos
  • Danibogos

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 May 2017 - 11:11 AM Edited by Danibogos, 30 May 2017 - 11:12 AM.

Naah. The bonus for me was 25% by the way, doesnt matter, i wouldnt buy any sharks cards even if i got 75% more gta$ out of them. I have paid for this game 3 times  already. ps3, birthday gift to friend and ps4 for myself. Thats the only monetary support rockstar will ever get from me regarding gtaV

KWF1981
  • KWF1981

Soldier

• Members
  • England

Posted 30 May 2017 - 11:14 AM

@ HalfOfAKebab... Never bought one? Never will?... But did... Bit of an odd sentence...

@ nWo_Y2J_2015... In short, grind where ideal, otherwise, just playing...

I was at $52m last week, at the start of the contact missions 2x event I had only $3m, missions, adding good players like you, then the heists was 2x, well... I was off... Futureproofing, as much as possible lol... Not so much grinding, more just maximising my minutes, not doing PvP is key...

Been plodding ever since, helping a couple of buddies this week, otherwise I'm casually adding $1-2m daily solo, more when with others too... Currently when I'm solo, I run a few crates between my other 4 MC businesses, slowly getting the numbers up to return the investments there, coke was done, others are halfway now, purely plodding these MC businesses for fun too...

I bought around $12m worth of cars and stuff, down to $39.8m, back up to $42.5 in two days of playing as I would any other time man...

Also, the first handful of DLC, up to the heists were paid for by the record number of sales back then, they also promised heists at release, hence the big sales figures... After the testing with heists and earlier DLC they realised they could add much more, even more now we upgraded too... they came up with this system, that IMO worked very well, shark cards now completely dictate the DLC. The cards stop selling, the DLC stops too... My opinion of it all...

HalfOfAKebab
  • HalfOfAKebab

Help & Support

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award [GTAO]

Posted 30 May 2017 - 11:25 AM Edited by HalfOfAKebab, 30 May 2017 - 11:25 AM.

I'm almost at $40M in the bank

How?

Heisting, MC sales, I/E sales, and selling modified Dubsta2s.

Tokasmoka
  • Tokasmoka

Peon

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 02 June 2017 - 03:43 PM

I did, what's the point of having disposable income if you can't dispose it?

BTW R*, still waiting for that 33% bonus and it's been over 72hrs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users