Quantcast

» «
Photo

Did anyone else take advantage of the Shark Card bonus this weekend?

73 replies to this topic
nWo_Y2J_2015
  • nWo_Y2J_2015

Can you break code?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 May 2017 - 12:24 PM

Honestly, I'd rather have a tooth pulled than buy a Shark Card.

"Sure, take my hard earned money so that you can continue perpetuating the massive content price spike, f*cking over players who can't afford to drop cash on microtransactions."

Ironically...I work at dentist office. lol

There's a lot of very high horses in this thread.

OP it varies.  It's normally 30%, 40% or 50% depending on which card you buy (the most expensive gives you 50%).  If you got more then just tip your cap and send thanks to the Rockstar error god.  It's always nice when it's in someone's favour, but it's not often.

Thank you and I agree, it's definitely not very often.

OP, where were ya during heists?... We did well with contact missions and some MC work together, surprised ya didn't join on our PS grinds too, the space was there, I'd have made sure of that too, good guys always are, we often had 2 groups heisting buddy...

Anyhow, I've not had a 'personal sale' in a month now, I used to get the $250k bonuses regular, and they seemed to increase their frequency with the more I played for a couple of months, I got 8x those bonuses, and some personal sales, but since the contact missions 2x event, through the heists one, I've not seen anything...

Guess R* feel I'm set for Gunrunning... Easily the most cash I've earned in such a short period too... So regardless of if I had of gotten an offer, suffice to say, I'd have ignored it too, lol...

Catch ya out there soon W... Hope nothing serious kept ya away for a spell...

I was with you for one or two of the heists. I also did just a few with some other friends, as well as Fleeca occasionally.

Thank you, it wasn't anything serious. Getting 70% extra was a pretty good offer, so even more money now. lol

Take care, man!

• Zader and KWF1981 like this

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 May 2017 - 12:24 PM

Why would I use it when Heists were 2x money and RP last week???

Because it's good to be greedy.  You get more.

• nWo_Y2J_2015 likes this

nWo_Y2J_2015
  • nWo_Y2J_2015

Can you break code?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 May 2017 - 12:29 PM

Why would I use it when Heists were 2x money and RP last week???

Because it's good to be greedy.  You get more.

Gangster 1 (to mugging victim): Give me your shoes!

Gangster 2 (To 1): But dude, you were just paid yesterday.

Gangster 1 (to mugging victim and 2): You're right...give me your watch too!

lol

• Furry_Monkey likes this

Zeta87
  • Zeta87

Homie

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 22 May 2017 - 01:26 PM

Because it's good to give money to R* for nothing.. They get more and won't release single player expansions.

Fixed.

nWo_Y2J_2015
  • nWo_Y2J_2015

Can you break code?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 May 2017 - 01:28 PM

Because it's good to give money to R* for nothing.. They get more and won't release single player expansions.

Fixed.

Salty?

Forza Harrd
  • Forza Harrd

Chef

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 May 2017 - 02:15 PM

Ha I bought one last month with a rebate (during 2x heists, I don't do heists).

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 May 2017 - 02:55 PM

Fixed.

Okay.  Someone's angry about what other people choose to do, that has no negative effect on them whatsoever.

That sucks mate - you have my feels.

I+miss+g4+so+much+back+when+it+was+with+

• Kaiju Blue and Tonguegirl like this

nik_west
  • nik_west

Skyliner

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 22 May 2017 - 06:36 PM

Okay.  Someone's angry about what other people choose to do, that has no negative effect on them whatsoever.

It doesn't?

If you like to throw a bunch of $100s into a blender to make a Benjamin-shake, then I actually don't care what you're doing with your money.

The problem comes in when you have a game with a microtransaction model, where the purchases of a small percentage of players dictate the development of said game.

Do you wanna know why they push out garbage content in the form of adversary modes, week by week only a little bit? Because enough people are still giving them money for garbage cosmetic content. When they stopped adding the vehicles into single player, enough people were cool with it. Raising prices every update, resulting in a $6 million parachute car, people are still paying for it.

It's this whole Call of Duty generation that thinks buying copy-and-paste content, while complaing later on the internet is gonna do anything. I don't mind that R* is getting paid for GTA Online, but what makes me sad is, people seem to not realize that the relation between the content they're providing and the paycheck the're getting is so not at all in our favor! They're just filling up their pockets, while you sit on a grindfest of a game.

But hey, as long as you get a 50% discount on overpriced cash cards, it basically makes them a good deal, right? ...right?!

I just wish people would learn to vote with their wallets...

• gtafan26, Zeta87, zoso80 and 2 others like this

hei3enberg
  • hei3enberg

not really certain about some stuff

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 May 2017 - 06:42 PM

I'm on PC and we're getting free cash even if we don't want it.

• DentureDynamite likes this

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 May 2017 - 06:46 PM

It doesn't?

If you like to throw a bunch of $100s into a blender to make a Benjamin-shake, then I actually don't care what you're doing with your money.

The problem comes in when you have a game with a microtransaction model, where the purchases of a small percentage of players dictate the development of said game.

Do you wanna know why they push out garbage content in the form of adversary modes, week by week only a little bit? Because enough people are still giving them money for garbage cosmetic content. When they stopped adding the vehicles into single player, enough people were cool with it. Raising prices every update, resulting in a $6 million parachute car, people are still paying for it.

It's this whole Call of Duty generation that thinks buying copy-and-paste content, while complaing later on the internet is gonna do anything. I don't mind that R* is getting paid for GTA Online, but what makes me sad is, people seem to not realize that the relation between the content they're providing and the paycheck the're getting is so not at all in our favor! They're just filling up their pockets, while you sit on a grindfest of a game.

But hey, as long as you get a 50% discount on overpriced cash cards, it basically makes them a good deal, right? ...right?!

You just described exactly that - people voting with their wallets.  What you also described is you, not liking what they're paying for.

Again, it sucks to feel this way and I feel sorry for you.

nik_west
  • nik_west

Skyliner

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 22 May 2017 - 06:54 PM

Thanks, dude. But 'sorry' for what?

KWF1981
  • KWF1981

Soldier

• Members
  • England

Posted 22 May 2017 - 07:00 PM

@ now_Y2J_2015... All good buddy, a 70% bonus is a decent incentive to make the most of for sure, ideal as gunrunning is predicted to have some pricey toys within somewhere... Sweet stuff... 

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 May 2017 - 07:04 PM

Thanks, dude. But 'sorry' for what?

Just expressing sympathy for the fact that you're irked/upset/angry or whatever adjective you want to use.  Personally it makes literally zero difference to me.  My experience is therefore better because of this (no negative feelings here), so I feel for you.

Not a jest in any way - I mean it.

• nWo_Y2J_2015 and nik_west like this

ragedandcaged
  • ragedandcaged

HYPOCRISY IS THICK HERE.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 May 2017 - 07:16 PM

It doesn't?

You should vote with your wallet and not buy VI and purchase a game that suits your needs.

AmyStone
  • AmyStone

Amy Stone

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 May 2017 - 02:01 AM

Shark cards are pointless. That's unless you only have GTA to go shopping and don't want to play the game. But I'm really happy that some people are stupid enough to buy them. It means GTA keep producing more stuff that I get for free.

GoodTimesAhead
  • GoodTimesAhead

Trick

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 23 May 2017 - 02:18 AM

[email protected] for pay, I mean you pay to play?

nWo_Y2J_2015
  • nWo_Y2J_2015

Can you break code?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 May 2017 - 10:19 AM

Shark cards are pointless. That's unless you only have GTA to go shopping and don't want to play the game. But I'm really happy that some people are stupid enough to buy them. It means GTA keep producing more stuff that I get for free.

I don't normally buy shark cards. I hate how over-priced they are, but decided to bite the bullet and do it this time. At least I did get 70% extra, so that's cool.

How exactly are you getting the stuff "for free"? Either you have a modded account, or you grind for weeks to get something, which there's nothing wrong with that.

I don't normally buy shark cards. I hate how over-priced they are, but decided to bite the bullet and do it this time. At least I did get 70% extra, so that's cool.

drums08
  • drums08

Sponsored by orange county

• Members

Posted 23 May 2017 - 12:04 PM

Someone dropped 110 million on me when I was in the damn bathroom so...nope. 

How exactly are you getting the stuff "for free"? Either you have a modded account, or you grind for weeks to get something, which there's nothing wrong with that.

Hes talking about the content updates being free as in not paid DLC. 

Black-Dragon96
  • Black-Dragon96

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 23 May 2017 - 12:05 PM

We get free updates because you guys pay for them by buying sharkcards.
Thats the whole bussines model.

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 May 2017 - 04:17 PM

Buying shark cards is an expression of human stupidity.

This.

Why buy money when you can just play the pac standard finale over and over.

Or join a public lobby and get rich in seconds.

ragedandcaged
  • ragedandcaged

HYPOCRISY IS THICK HERE.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 May 2017 - 04:18 PM

I don't always buy shark cards...but when I do I give zero f*cks about someone else's opinion about how I spend my money.
  • Furry_Monkey, Crazy_Cico007, nWo_Y2J_2015 and 3 others like this

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 May 2017 - 04:34 PM Edited by ..GhosT, 23 May 2017 - 04:34 PM.

I don't always buy shark cards...but when I do I give zero f*cks about someone else's opinion about how I spend my money.

It's a very bad price/value balance though.

You pay 80 bucks for 8 million, that's not even enough for a single DLC these days.

In the end, it's still your money so we can't judge you. We can tell you that it's a very idiotic way to spend money though.

AmyStone
  • AmyStone

Amy Stone

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 May 2017 - 04:36 PM

Free because if people didn't buy shark cards then rockstar wouldn't keep adding free content. So I get the contect without buying the shark cards. And I don't think it's gridning. I enjoy playing the game with friends.

• KWF1981 likes this

ragedandcaged
  • ragedandcaged

HYPOCRISY IS THICK HERE.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 May 2017 - 04:36 PM

You pay 80 bucks for 8 million, that's not even enough for a single DLC these days.

In the end, it's still your money so we can't judge you. We can tell you that it's a very idiotic way to spend money though.

Noted. And disagree.

nWo_Y2J_2015
  • nWo_Y2J_2015

Can you break code?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 May 2017 - 05:18 PM

Free because if people didn't buy shark cards then rockstar wouldn't keep adding free content. So I get the contect without buying the shark cards. And I don't think it's gridning. I enjoy playing the game with friends.

Meh, I don't think that's completely the case, but it is fun playing with friends.

It's $99.99 for $8M. I do agree that it's very unbalanced, since prices in game are way higher than in the beginning of GTA O.

This.

Pac Standard gets boring after a while. Do tell how you can get rich in a public lobby in seconds?

I don't think that's whole reason, although it probably does help it.

The updates might not cost real money, but they are FAR from free in game.

Black-Dragon96
  • Black-Dragon96

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 23 May 2017 - 08:28 PM

Meh, I don't think that's completely the case, but it is fun playing with friends.

It's $99.99 for $8M. I do agree that it's very unbalanced, since prices in game are way higher than in the beginning of GTA O.

This.

Pac Standard gets boring after a while. Do tell how you can get rich in a public lobby in seconds?

I don't think that's whole reason, although it probably does help it.

The updates might not cost real money, but they are FAR from free in game.

Well the update itself is free. I dont have to pay to download it. Without sharkcards, this would not be the case. If i remember correctly, they made around 500 Million from microtransactions (sharkcards), thats a sh*t ton of money. They would never have made so much with paid dlcs.

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 May 2017 - 10:00 PM

I've bought one gw shark card pretty much every week since I switched over to nex gen when it first happened.

When the bonuses appear, it's just a nice little boost & such.

However it's no inspiration for me to buy a larger shark card or additional one during said bonus timeframe.

nWo_Y2J_2015
  • nWo_Y2J_2015

Can you break code?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 May 2017 - 12:02 AM

I dont have to pay to download it. Without sharkcards, this would not be the case.

Like I said, I don't think that's completely the case, but ok.

EmperorStorm
  • EmperorStorm

Player Hater

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 May 2017 - 12:59 AM

Just got my bonus 3.2 million

Rockstar_Fanboy
  • Rockstar_Fanboy

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 May 2017 - 01:51 AM Edited by Rockstar_Fanboy, 24 May 2017 - 01:49 AM.

No, but I will be taking advantage of this bonus so to speak when Gunrunning drops.

Did you ever think that some people's situation could be different than yours? Maybe a lot more disposable income than free tme?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users