Quantcast

» «
Photo

Auto-Aim doesn't work at all, tried everything to fix it.

9 replies to this topic
TaxationIsTheft
  • TaxationIsTheft

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:39 PM Edited by TaxationIsTheft, 19 May 2017 - 06:52 PM.

FIXED: My Auto-Aim is broken. I am a new player to GTA. I had turned the setting off for a week and then when I changed it back it stopped working. I'm getting my ass kicked online and it's simply not fun to play at all which is really upsetting. I'm not very good at the game either. Like I said I'm very new to the GTA universe. I have tried using every character in story mode. They all have Assisted-Aim enabled on full mode but it doesn't work for any of the characters whether it be online or on story mode. I tried creating a new chatter online and it still doesn't work. For the new character I made, it says assisted-aim is on, but it doesn't actually let me cha get it. The menu doesn't let me toggle the setting at all. The font is darker and it when I try to scroll to it it acts like it's unchangeable. It just moves down to the next setting.

I don't know what to do anymore and I'm really getting depressed about it. It's such a cool game I really wish this feature worked at least until I'm good enough and familiar enough with the game to use free aim.

Is there anything else I can try? 🙁

REXX
  • REXX

REXX | ALEXA - Content Creator & GTA Photographer

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:20 PM

You can only change your aiming settings in Storymode, that's why the option is blacked out Online.
  • Gaffa™ likes this

TaxationIsTheft
  • TaxationIsTheft

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:21 PM

That doesn't make sense because up until I made a new second character online it let me change it. It didn't actually work, but it let me change it. I'm really upset this isn't working.

Gaffa™
  • Gaffa™

The controversial one

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:25 PM Edited by Gaffa™, 19 May 2017 - 06:25 PM.

Unless there's some glitch you stumbled across allowing you to change your aiming preference in Online, you've never normally been able to change this setting whilst Online. 

As pointed out by Rexx, change the setting in single player and when you advance to GTA Online, it'll remember. Auto Aim (Full) is what I use with an Xbox 360 controller to allow quick-switching of targets. 

TaxationIsTheft
  • TaxationIsTheft

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:26 PM

The problem is it is set to full assisted aim in single player on all three characters but it doesn't work for any of them! I went back in and changed it to fee aim and back to full assisted aim for all of them and it still doesn't even work in single player!!

HalfOfAKebab
  • HalfOfAKebab

Help & Support

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award [GTAO]

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:28 PM

Sanity check: you're using a controller, right? Assisted aim is not available for keyboard and mouse - only controllers can utilise it.
  • Gaffa™ likes this

hoXiu
  • hoXiu

While we wait for this politician, I will go for a swim

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:28 PM

What platform are you on? If on PC, does the game recognize your controller? Like, does it show the button prompts at the bottom? What controller do you have?

TaxationIsTheft
  • TaxationIsTheft

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:36 PM

I FIGURED IT OUT. THE CONTROLLER I HAVE HAS TWO SWITCHES ON THE BACK, ONE OF WHICH PREVENTS AUTO AIM FROM WORKING. JESUS F CHRIST!!! thank heavens it works though. I was starting to doubt my sanity.

Gaffa™
  • Gaffa™

The controversial one

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:54 PM

My word! You went through more effort here than was needed, lol. Never mind. Glad you got things sorted out. 

Ai®a©ob®a
  • Ai®a©ob®a

Godfather

• BUSTED!
  • Nauru

Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:22 PM

That doesn't make sense because up until I made a new second character online it let me change it. It didn't actually work, but it let me change it. I'm really upset this isn't working.

No it didn't, You've always had to go to story mode to change the aiming preference It's always been that way since the game released in 2013.

Question are you playing on PC? and if so are you using Mouse/Keyboard?

If no there is no auto-aim with mouse and keyboard playstyle only with controllers

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users