Quantcast

» «
Photo

New setting or back to LC?

65 replies to this topic
Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 May 2017 - 10:10 PM

LC has been done to death. I'd prefer VC or a completely new city like a fictionalized Chicago or Detroit.

I'd love to see a Chicago in GTA, but after a new VC though. 

mzt
  • mzt

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 May 2017 - 11:12 PM

I doubt it, but there's plenty of room for improvement in Liberty City if they wanted to make it either more true to NYC region or more creatively fictionalized, so i don't think the reaction to another LC would be ooh my massive bellyache, not Liberty City again!! i fully trust Rockstar to make an awesome and new setting even if it's based on a city they've done 31/2 times.

What i'd like to see: Philadelphia with Monument City (Washington D.C. + Baltimore) down the river, and Mainland Alderney (Camden + Trenton + NJ State) up the river.

• ViceOfLiberty and Arvinhere like this

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 May 2017 - 11:52 PM Edited by Zello, 31 May 2017 - 11:52 PM.

Philadelphia with parts of New Jersey like Atlantic City would be awesome

• Arvinhere likes this

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2017 - 03:15 AM

I love LC.... but f*ck LC.

Let us get Vice City, San Fierro, or an entire new city in HD.

Liberty City can return in a story DLC or something. Having an entire game based there again would feel dull. I'd say the same thing for HD Los Santos, but THAT I'd be fine with if they make it connect to HD San Fierro and have stories in both cities. Only San Fierro has to be very f*cking big so they can have lots of missions set there and not have over half set in LS.

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 10 June 2017 - 03:58 AM

I love LC.... but f*ck LC.

Imagine saying this to your girlfriend? "I love you babe, but please f*ck off. I don't want to see you ever again".:D
  • Zello and Payne Killer like this

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 10 June 2017 - 07:48 AM

Liberty City isn't the problem. The issue is that in IV, they were almost too accurate, to the point where the city sometimes seemed mundane. Though very realistic in its own way.

I'd love to see Grand Theft Auto III's Liberty City be revisited, instead. Somewhere gloomy, often rainy, with sleazy alleyways full of blinding neon, and grotesque oddball pedestrians shouting obscenities. Kind of a nightmarish fever dream straight out of Taxi Driver or The Warriors.

IV tried to do it with characters like Eddie and Jeff, but the creative direction wasn't surrealistic enough.

Look at how the world looks in the movie Se7en, and you'll see what I'm getting at.

• Algonquin Assassin and universetwisters like this

Eternal Moonshine
  • Eternal Moonshine

Thug

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 10 June 2017 - 01:18 PM Edited by Eternal Moonshine, 10 June 2017 - 01:18 PM.

at this point Vice City and its surrounding areas seem most likely. it could also feature Orlando or some smaller towns

Danie122
  • Danie122

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 10 June 2017 - 10:44 PM

Screw LC, it's time for Vice City.

• Official General likes this

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2017 - 11:16 PM

The only way we will see Liberty City again is if the next GTA is in multiple locations.

Rather than just a new location, it would be sweet if we got a new location but LC and LS/BC were locations we could travel to.

If in GTA VI (or what ever it is called) they continue GTA Online on there, it would have to have the GTA V map if you can transfer your stuff over. With the nature of GTA Online, and the fact that Rockstar wants to revisit the multiple cities idea, it is likely that it could happen. You never know. It definitely is a great way to top GTA V.

Shade04rek
  • Shade04rek

Nothin But A Buster

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2017 - 12:21 AM Edited by Shade04rek, 11 June 2017 - 12:29 AM.

I have to be honest, LC would be okay, but to do that would mean really delivering on a map way bigger than iv(or v). The scale would have to actually be even closer to real life to be impressive. That as well as including interiors, all the actual islands, surrounding areas/inland/city outskirts, and maybe even another city. It might even be a good thing that it's the same city because the developers can reflect on things they couldn't do before, while being familiar with the map concept and what made it work well before. I think improvements would be much easier to make by building off similar past experiences, compared to a new concept.

My vote is for carcer though, it'd practically be the same and may be much less restrictive in building.
  • Arvinhere likes this

R3D-RAB1T
  • R3D-RAB1T

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2017 - 01:28 PM

I like the classic cities, los santos, vice city, ect but it feels like if we see anymore the series will feel abit boring, they should do new places or make a different version of places like carcer city, cotton mouth, since carcer city was mentioned in gta 5 it would be completely different from the manhunt series since this is the hd universe and cotton mouth is pretty much new orleans it would give people an experience there like mafia 3 did

PaddsterG2k3
  • PaddsterG2k3

The Bee's Knees

• Members

Posted 01 September 2017 - 11:22 AM

LC would only work if in conjunction with other, very different cities. That said I think its too soon to see LC again, and if they did, it wouldn't have as much appeal with most GTA fans, who are either desparate for a new location or for a return to VC.

The Paradox
  • The Paradox

Player Hater

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 03 September 2017 - 02:35 PM

Lc is one of my favorite gta city but we really need to return vc. It would be still great to see it again, not just Lc but with vc and maybe other new cities.

ViceOfLiberty
  • ViceOfLiberty

Prankster

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 03 September 2017 - 09:54 PM

As a Florida native...I say this...

Miami and Florida in general in modern day is just a sprawl of rednecks, transplants, and copy/pasted strip malls.

It's important that rockstar doesn't try to build the next GTA game on a city that they aren't even inspired to do just because it has alot of interest from people...

I like to be surprised and be treated to whatever the artist had a natural vision for. It's alot better than being disappointed by something they did for likes.
  • j7n and Arvinhere like this

Thefames
  • Thefames

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 September 2017 - 10:32 PM Edited by Thefames, 03 September 2017 - 10:32 PM.

As a Florida native...I say this...

Miami and Florida in general in modern day is just a sprawl of rednecks, transplants, and copy/pasted strip malls.

It's important that rockstar doesn't try to build the next GTA game on a city that they aren't even inspired to do just because it has alot of interest from people...

I like to be surprised and be treated to whatever the artist had a natural vision for. It's alot better than being disappointed by something they did for likes.

They can do West Palm Beach to Miami and Tampa to Orlando in separated area or

Chicago on one island land mass then fly to Vice City over water it take 2-3 mins to get there it different vibes 

Trooper Fera
  • Trooper Fera

Are you late to the abortion clinic?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 September 2017 - 11:27 PM

I want LC, only if it starts a new universe with it. Whatever the next universe will be (What will come after HD?), will start with LC, as it's tradition. LC will come, but not for a while. It makes sense for them to make some more HD games before then though. 

MojoGamer
  • MojoGamer

Ultra Instinct

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 September 2017 - 12:04 AM Edited by MojoGamer, 04 September 2017 - 12:10 AM.

The only obvious universe to start making is the 4K bandwagon, every other game is doing it already.

As for a new location, Detroit and Boston will be amazing in the nostalgic Past. *call it GTA7: Carcer City *

They will remake a better Liberty City and Alderney next, cause its still astonishing in modern time. *Packie should be the main protagonist*

Another can be Seattle and Washington DC about post-apocalypse warfare.

Trooper Fera
  • Trooper Fera

Are you late to the abortion clinic?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 September 2017 - 12:12 AM

I'm not sure it would be GTA then...

• universetwisters and Zello like this

MojoGamer
  • MojoGamer

Ultra Instinct

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 September 2017 - 12:20 AM

I'm not sure it would be GTA then...

Why not? With these crazy dlcs, a post-apocalypse will be like Mad Max.

• Trooper Fera likes this

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 September 2017 - 01:35 PM

LOL what a most awful idea.

Thank God you don't work for Rockstar.

• universetwisters and Zello like this

MojoGamer
  • MojoGamer

Ultra Instinct

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 September 2017 - 07:34 PM Edited by MojoGamer, 04 September 2017 - 07:35 PM.

LOL what a most awful idea.

Thank God you don't work for Rockstar.

Wtf are you talking about?

Donald Percival has a better chance on becoming president, then that trashy Donald Love.

I bet you're another fan-fictionist, who beliefs are against the Housers like how Bens was.

Gta "Everywhere" thank god he dropped yall before it was too late  :lol: for Gta 6.

Gokuzbu
  • Gokuzbu

Luis and Niko will not be touched by Trevor.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 September 2017 - 04:34 AM Edited by Gokuzbu, 05 September 2017 - 12:29 PM.

It would have to be a lot more detailed and larger for me to accept it over Vice City, San Fierro and Las Venturas. Algonquin would have to be a lot bigger with a lot of interiors. Almost everything in Star Junction should be enterable. Countryside type areas. Then I wouldn't mind LC coming back.

JB1982
  • JB1982

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 September 2017 - 11:00 AM

Personal opinion is that Liberty City and Los Santos should be left alone for awhile in favour of a return to another location. I would love a modern day Vice City location but wouldn't mind seeing San Fierro or Las Venturas either. Or somewhere new.

That all said though, it all depends on the story Rockstar have in mind as quite often I feel that the location matches the vibe of the story perfectly.

• Official General, Gokuzbu and Pink Pineapple like this

DoctorMike
  • DoctorMike

I hope Everyone's having a great Day/Night

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 05 September 2017 - 11:26 AM

Vice City is the only city that didn't get a HD remake. so I would go with Vice City. we've had enough of LC, We won't need it anymore. VC or a new location will be great

• Official General likes this

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 September 2017 - 11:44 AM

Personal opinion is that Liberty City and Los Santos should be left alone for awhile in favour of a return to another location. I would love a modern day Vice City location but wouldn't mind seeing San Fierro or Las Venturas either. Or somewhere new.

That all said though, it all depends on the story Rockstar have in mind as quite often I feel that the location matches the vibe of the story perfectly.

This.

I'd rather see just two scenarios right now - either a huge map and story expansion/add-on for V that includes San Fierro, Las Venturas and more small towns. OR a modern day version of Vice City and surrounding areas of South Florida. 

Am Shaegar
  • Am Shaegar

Chartered Accountant

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 September 2017 - 06:39 AM

New Setting

Grove4Lyfe2017
  • Grove4Lyfe2017

Player Hater

• New Members
  • None

Posted 08 September 2017 - 01:39 PM

As for as me (also first time posting here, which is why i signed up), based on some cities or areas within the US that are the most violent, I'd like to see R* tackle these places: 

1. Detroit
  2. St. Louis, Missouri
  3. Memphis, Tenn
  4. Birmingham, Alabama 
  5. Atlanta
  6. Baltimore
  7. Cleveland, Ohio

It would definitely be a nice change of place and story (Especially Missouri or Atlanta) 

rodrigospascoal
  • rodrigospascoal

Player Hater

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 08 September 2017 - 06:39 PM

I think LC should not comeback. It has already appeared in the HD generation, we need a remake from the 3D era or a new city. I would like to see VC (remake) or Detroit + Chicago (New city).

VictorVince1239
  • VictorVince1239

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 September 2017 - 10:10 AM

GTA Cities: Featuring: Liberty City(NY), Capital City (DC), Motor City (Detroit), and Vice City (Miami). I could dig it. 

• theGTAking101 likes this

PipB
  • PipB

Liberty City Swingers

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 September 2017 - 01:59 PM

LC in VI? No. But I wouldn't be surprised with a remaster of IV (like LA Noir) and having LC in GTA Online.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users