Quantcast

» «
Photo

New setting or back to LC?

40 replies to this topic
Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 May 2017 - 10:10 PM

LC has been done to death. I'd prefer VC or a completely new city like a fictionalized Chicago or Detroit.

I'd love to see a Chicago in GTA, but after a new VC though. 

mzt
  • mzt

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 May 2017 - 11:12 PM

I doubt it, but there's plenty of room for improvement in Liberty City if they wanted to make it either more true to NYC region or more creatively fictionalized, so i don't think the reaction to another LC would be ooh my massive bellyache, not Liberty City again!! i fully trust Rockstar to make an awesome and new setting even if it's based on a city they've done 31/2 times.

What i'd like to see: Philadelphia with Monument City (Washington D.C. + Baltimore) down the river, and Mainland Alderney (Camden + Trenton + NJ State) up the river.

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 May 2017 - 11:52 PM Edited by Zello, 31 May 2017 - 11:52 PM.

Philadelphia with parts of New Jersey like Atlantic City would be awesome

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2017 - 03:15 AM

I love LC.... but f*ck LC.

Let us get Vice City, San Fierro, or an entire new city in HD.

Liberty City can return in a story DLC or something. Having an entire game based there again would feel dull. I'd say the same thing for HD Los Santos, but THAT I'd be fine with if they make it connect to HD San Fierro and have stories in both cities. Only San Fierro has to be very f*cking big so they can have lots of missions set there and not have over half set in LS.

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

Camp Crystal Lake

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 10 June 2017 - 03:58 AM

I love LC.... but f*ck LC.

Imagine saying this to your girlfriend? "I love you babe, but please f*ck off. I don't want to see you ever again".:D
  • Zello and Payne Killer like this

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 10 June 2017 - 07:48 AM

Liberty City isn't the problem. The issue is that in IV, they were almost too accurate, to the point where the city sometimes seemed mundane. Though very realistic in its own way.

I'd love to see Grand Theft Auto III's Liberty City be revisited, instead. Somewhere gloomy, often rainy, with sleazy alleyways full of blinding neon, and grotesque oddball pedestrians shouting obscenities. Kind of a nightmarish fever dream straight out of Taxi Driver or The Warriors.

IV tried to do it with characters like Eddie and Jeff, but the creative direction wasn't surrealistic enough.

Look at how the world looks in the movie Se7en, and you'll see what I'm getting at.

• MiamiViceCity likes this

Eternal Moonshine
  • Eternal Moonshine

Thug

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 10 June 2017 - 01:18 PM Edited by Eternal Moonshine, 10 June 2017 - 01:18 PM.

at this point Vice City and its surrounding areas seem most likely. it could also feature Orlando or some smaller towns

Danie122
  • Danie122

Crackhead

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 10 June 2017 - 10:44 PM

Screw LC, it's time for Vice City.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2017 - 11:16 PM

The only way we will see Liberty City again is if the next GTA is in multiple locations.

Rather than just a new location, it would be sweet if we got a new location but LC and LS/BC were locations we could travel to.

If in GTA VI (or what ever it is called) they continue GTA Online on there, it would have to have the GTA V map if you can transfer your stuff over. With the nature of GTA Online, and the fact that Rockstar wants to revisit the multiple cities idea, it is likely that it could happen. You never know. It definitely is a great way to top GTA V.

Shade04rek
  • Shade04rek

Nothin But A Buster

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2017 - 12:21 AM Edited by Shade04rek, 11 June 2017 - 12:29 AM.

I have to be honest, LC would be okay, but to do that would mean really delivering on a map way bigger than iv(or v). The scale would have to actually be even closer to real life to be impressive. That as well as including interiors, all the actual islands, surrounding areas/inland/city outskirts, and maybe even another city. It might even be a good thing that it's the same city because the developers can reflect on things they couldn't do before, while being familiar with the map concept and what made it work well before. I think improvements would be much easier to make by building off similar past experiences, compared to a new concept.

My vote is for carcer though, it'd practically be the same and may be much less restrictive in building.

R3D-RAB1T
  • R3D-RAB1T

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2017 - 01:28 PM

I like the classic cities, los santos, vice city, ect but it feels like if we see anymore the series will feel abit boring, they should do new places or make a different version of places like carcer city, cotton mouth, since carcer city was mentioned in gta 5 it would be completely different from the manhunt series since this is the hd universe and cotton mouth is pretty much new orleans it would give people an experience there like mafia 3 did

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users