Quantcast

» «
Photo

heists in red dead redemption 2.

13 replies to this topic

Poll: heists in red dead redemption 2. (31 member(s) have cast votes)

would you like to see heists in red dead redemption 2?

1. yes (25 votes [80.65%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 80.65%

2. no (6 votes [19.35%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.35%

Vote Guests cannot vote
confederatestatesgta
  • confederatestatesgta

negan is awsome.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

hi everyone I have been playing the gta 5 story mode recently and have been thinking how cool heists might be if they were in red dead redemption 2. now before I start for anybody who dosent like gta 5 keep the hate to yourself unless It has to do with heists. so please don't turn this into a hate gta 5 thread please. this is also for singleplayer only. the heist were better in singleplayer and they were more fun.

i really liked the heists in gta 5. they were fun and very unique in my opinion. as i was playing gta 5 i got to thinking how cool heists could be in rdr2. they could be similar to the way they are done in gta 5. survey the score. decide which way to do it. like if you want to do it stealthy or loud and dumb. and you could do the setups and then pull off the score. now the types of heists would be very different and the way that they are done. no hacking or any other modern day stuff to deal with.

some of my ideas for some heists.

military robbery. i think there could be a cool army robbery. the army might have some new developed weapon prototype that you want. you have to go in the army base and steal it and use it while you fight your way out. the weapon could be any of a bunch of weapons depending on the time period. it could be one of the first automatic weapons or a some kind of artillery.

the sharmoota job cut from gta 5. for all the people who did not know there was a cut heist in gta 5. it was called the sharmoota job. originally trevor and Michael were to rob martin madrazos mansion and steal the safe. steal his prized horse and kidnap his wife. i think rockstar could implement it in red dead redemption 2. of course there will be no Michael and trevor or martin madrazo. but they could have it where the protagonists rob a ranch and do the same thing. except instead of kidnap the wife maybe kidnap his right hand man or something. i don't know the story part of it but im sure rockstar could fit it in the story if they wanted. this could be very cool. and for all of us who wanted to play this heist could do it in a red dead form.

gambling riverboat heist. gambling riverboats were pretty popular back in the west. how cool would it be if we could rob one. maybe there is a big tournament going on and we have to rob it. but it is heavily guarded. it would be really cool to see some maverick references one of my favorite western tv shows.

these are just a few of some ideas i have of fun heists. what do you think? also what are some of your ideas for heists.

DeeDogg_
  • DeeDogg_

Never. Trust. Rockstar.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by DeeDogg_, A week ago.

If they're anything like the ones in GTAO where it isnt seemless, full of bugs and players lagging or leaving then no.

I just wanna plan a heist while in free roam and execute it in free roam. No lobbies, no loading, just pure fun

• Mister Pink, m8son, Jason and 8 others like this

Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

If they're anything like the ones in GTAO where it isnt seemless, full of bugs and players lagging or leaving then no.

I just wanna plan a heist while in free roam and execute it in free roam. No lobbies, no loading, just pure fun

Yea definitely. Heists in RDR:O would be cool, train robberies, cracking vaults, etc but the more stuff built directly into the free roam the better. The sheer amount of loading in GTA:O just makes me not want to do half the content these days.

• DeeDogg_ likes this

anthony
  • anthony

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by anthony, A week ago.

this is also for singleplayer only

I have been playing the gta 5 story mode recently 

OT;

I don't want heists in RDR2, if the outcomes (shootout with the cops etc) are handle like in GTA 5. Anyway I vote yes.

I don't like your first ideas [the army might have some new developed weapon prototype that you want], sound too much like SA/GTA 5, Hollywood big action script again, it suck to me.

But I like this one, sounds pretty cool.

gambling riverboat heist. gambling riverboats were pretty popular back in the west. how cool would it be if we could rob one. maybe there is a big tournament going on and we have to rob it. but it is heavily guarded. it would be really cool to see some maverick references one of my favorite western tv shows.

Why not trains robbery, stage coach, banks, any stores (for ex: gun shops: steal weapons and cash; grocery: steal food whatever/cash)

And have maybe one story line mission that 'introduce' the players to each type of robberies (except the stores I think, a mini intro/tutorial would be better) which you can do freely, after you've completed these missions.

• ClaudeSpeed1911 and highzman420 like this

Blank Mirror
  • Blank Mirror

never reflect

• Members
  • Hong-Kong

Posted A week ago Edited by Blank Mirror, A week ago.

Yes, I would love heists in RDR, not sure what to do with all that money though. How many horses can we need?

Get ready for the "not enough stable-space threads".

geeknetgamespsn
  • geeknetgamespsn

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

If you look at the leaked map theres settlement raids or something of the sort  marked on the map.

BurnettVice
  • BurnettVice

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I loved planning out heists in Gta v, so hopefully its carried over in Rdr2. I want to recruit members for our crew/posse. Bring back the option to go either loud or dumb. If you don't have your bandanna on witnesses will remember your face, and call the police if you enter the town you did the heist in. A bounty  will be placed on you and there's a wanted poster with your face on it.

DeeDogg_
  • DeeDogg_

Never. Trust. Rockstar.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I loved planning out heists in Gta v, so hopefully its carried over in Rdr2. I want to recruit members for our crew/posse. Bring back the option to go either loud or dumb. If you don't have your bandanna on witnesses will remember your face, and call the police if you enter the town you did the heist in. A bounty  will be placed on you and there's a wanted poster with your face on it.

How about more than 2 options that barely impact the game? Like how Payday handles it. No set way to execute it. You plan it all in game with your friends and just do it?

Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

Lost in the motherf*cking mood.

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

I want single player heists, if it's really a prequel we already know John and them robbed banks to give to the poor, and if they save heists for a tacked on baby sh*t Online mode then this sh*t is all f*cked up. I want SP to have replay value, give money in this game a reason to be spent/made, make heists respawnable with different ways of approaching them, after 2 in game weeks we can rob the same bank, but if we're not wearing the bandana then we have a chance of being called out by NPCs who may have recognized us, just fun sh*t like this would be great to see. Doesn't matter if you want a sh*tty online mode to have the most important things, SP needs some love as well.
  • jedijosh920, ClaudeSpeed1911, BurnettVice and 1 other like this

DexPac
  • DexPac

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I don't think we will/should get anything as elaborate as GTA V's heists but some sort of of robberies would be cool. They could probably get rid of the set up missions. It'd be kinda silly to have to go steal a "get away horse" and plant it somewhere nearby before robbing a bank. Maybe instead of setup missions you're doing recruitment missions and as your posse grows your potential robbery targets increase too.

It's all kinda for nothing though if hey haven't upgraded their combat/mission structure though. The open world nature of Rockstar's games tends to vanish once a mission's started and it becomes a very linear experience with no real ability or need to plan anything out. It's always just shoot your way from point A to B down a very preprogrammed path.

I want more freedom than that. If the goal is to rob a safe in a Saloon I want to be able to barge in guns blazing, or stealthily take out the guards one by one, or start a fire out front, sneak in the back and loot the safe while everyone's distracted.
  • jedijosh920 and BurnettVice like this

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Wanna play with me on PS4? Add me: rph_brasil

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 5 days ago Edited by Pedinhuh, 5 days ago.

Major props for the riverboat heist because according to history books, those boat were packing with TONS of money all the time they were sailing around, clearly a great and obvious target to heist with the gang, BUT I hope we can finally swin in this game, just in case we fall on the water we won't die.

Also the classic great train robbery, to steal tons of gold and runaway on horseback, shooting the lawmen left and right while you try your best to not get shot, fall on the train tracks and be bisected be the train wheels, hell yeah I want some of that!

And of course, bank robberies because this is the damn will west and it wouldn't feel right not to have it, though since bank robberis were extremely common back then, the money reward wouldn't be as big, or so I imagine.

Also, setup missions with Intel gathering, and other preparations should come back, along with multiple ways to tackle each heist.

And this military heist? Sorry but f*ck THAT!
GTA 5 already had too much military non-sense I definitely don't want to see more of it.

shadyslady
  • shadyslady

I've never been popular - I don't mean to start now

• Members

Posted 22 hours ago

Yes please.
Heists could be awesome.
Without the double propeller helis, Monster magnets, rockets armoured cars, etc etc.

Dream-_-Traveler
  • Dream-_-Traveler

Thanks4TheMemoriesGTAIV <3 ILY ALL.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 hours ago Edited by Dream-_-Traveler, 22 hours ago.

No...i dont enjoy applying gtao terminology to rdr bc it feels like we're just gunna copy gta but old western like...

Bank robberies is more like it. . .lol
Instead this huge complex setup I think it should be a small American bank gets rolled up and a stick of tnt blows the bars open with a quick getaway.
Nothing too complex like what gtao has...

Versous
  • Versous

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 21 hours ago

could work but in the end thats just copy pasting from GTA V. I want more unique side missions like the police dog thing in RDR

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users