Niko feels like the only GTA protagonist who is a good guy

39 replies to this topic
AnywhereCityBitch
  • AnywhereCityBitch

Grand Theft Auto you slag!

• BUSTED!
  • Cape-Verde

Posted 27 May 2017 - 08:30 AM

I'm surprised this has so many likes to be honest just because Niko shows some humanity does not make him a good guy, as Darko said Niko was always a killer a conflicted & psychologically damaged character with a good side to him but he's still a career criminal & a mostly cold-hearted hitman.

The only character who's kind of a good guy is Vic and that's what makes him an unconvincing & meh character he literally just stumbles into a life of crime so for me he's the only good guy (and I use that term loosly) in the series and that's what made him a mediocre character as he was too normal & wasn't convincing. Niko, on the other hand, has a killer edge & intrigue about him that makes him a fantastic character. 

• slimeball supreme, DimitriFaustin and Yinepi like this

Gummy 
  • Gummy 

F*ck thyself

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 May 2017 - 09:15 AM

Yes, Niko is such a good character that I believe in him! He's such a good character that I'll remove an o from good, he's a god, and more importantly, MY god. He can be your god too!

• Yinepi likes this

Shakermaker
  • Shakermaker

Black Hole Sun

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 27 May 2017 - 02:38 PM Edited by Shakermaker, 27 May 2017 - 02:39 PM.

He came to LC seeking revenge. He played with his cousin. He killed Vlad by his own choice (nobody forced him to). He kills his love interest brother (Francis or Derrick) and still date her like if nothing happened. Well, I don't think he's good guy. He may be sympathic, he protects Roman, and we can also say that he is loyal to his friends but... come on. He's a cold assassin who kills for money, and almost everything bad that happened with him and the people close to him in the game is his own fault.

Davao
  • Davao

GTA 4 Rules!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 May 2017 - 09:20 AM

Well, I'd say Niko is the gta protagonist who has the most regret and sympathy for people. He is quite nice to people like especially in the random encounters with people like Badman ect.  He wants what most people want a decent life, but  I think it's quite unavoidable for him especially when he killed Vlad. I don't think there was anyway for Niko to choose a different path when he first came to LC. After the mission Pest Control, he tells Roman he doesn't want to deal with death anymore and really thinks about what's he's doing in life.  I would never kill Dwayne because that upsets me and how Niko regrets it shows he is a nice person. But I'd say at times he is quite ruthless and quite mean.  Most of the time he is mean is because of Revenge, like Dimitri betraying him and Pegorino killing Kate at his wedding. I quite understand why he is horrible at times. Unless he got some sort of education, killing was the only way for him to move forward. But I'm glad at the end he became a taxi driver apparently, according to life invader in V.

• MiamiViceCity likes this

HailHydra
  • HailHydra

Bank Robber, sometimes RnG

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 17 June 2017 - 02:18 PM

Yeah, because killing sh*ts for money, robbing bank is obviously what a good guy would do

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 June 2017 - 03:12 PM

Playing all other GTAs, it's kinda obvious you're the bad guy, but Niko feels like he's the only protagonist who is genuinely the good guy.
Trying to escape his past, he runs and promises himself not to kill anyone early on, and he takes no pride in what he does, even expressing how he's getting tired of killing later on in a phonecall with Roman.

He genuinely feels like he's the good guy just trying to survive, hoping to leave the life of crime behind him.

When he feels something is morally wrong he'll do it for free, as seen in Illeyna's random encounter, he gives Marnie cash without hesitating - he is very genuine.

This looks more like a blog post than a thread, but this is just a thought.

Agreed, but that was clearly the whole point of the game anyway, even from the very first trailer - "I've killed people, smuggled people, sold people etc....here (in America) perhaps things will be different". Niko was written to be like this from the very beginning, a cold-hearted criminal struggling with the his upstanding morals and bad activities coming into deep conflict with each other - it was always Rockstar's intentions to portray him that way.

Don't really see anything new or revealing here. 

Skayz
  • Skayz

Player Hater

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 17 June 2017 - 09:28 PM

There is Vic Vance too.

SmokesWithCigs
  • SmokesWithCigs

recovering addict

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by SmokesWithCigs, 3 weeks ago.

niko is not a hero

Domand
  • Domand

Its Wanting That gets So Many Folks In Trouble

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Niko isn't in society a good guy considering the crimes he commits in Liberty City, however in character sense he didn't have much in America when he arrived except for Roman. Then of course he was not in the country legally so it wasn't like he could easily get settled like a normal citizen.(Government was already watching him when he arrived)  He picked up crime with Jacob, killed Vlad, worked with Faustin and so on. He got involved with the city crime and really had no other way to survive. He did it because there wasn't much else he could do. I am not sure fully but I think he mentions in game that he knows there isn't anything else for him to do or somthing like that but I could be totally wrong not sure. However he feels remorse for what he does and he presumably retires at the end of the game from crime. Niko came to Libery City for revenge. He did what he had to do to find his target and in the process was just trying to scrape together a living in the city by doing what he knew how to do. The war destroyed him and he got involved in dirty business. He never had real ability to recover and take a normal life. He was a tourtured soul. I believe he wasn't a bad guy in motivation sense as he wasn't in it for power or respect, just to kill the person who betrayed him, and survive the way he has been for years by doing crime in Liberty City. 

• MiamiViceCity likes this

Ertan Soner
  • Ertan Soner

Legendary Commenter

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 3 weeks ago

Niko is probably one of the few video game character I like most.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users