Photo

Do you think Rockstar will sweep modded money AND purchases before the

29 replies to this topic
darkluminous
  • darkluminous

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 May 2017 - 04:38 PM Edited by darkluminous, 18 May 2017 - 04:56 PM.

After hearing about a leaker in 4chan who posted some information regarding gunrunning dlc, some new questions have been raised.

Now, the part that really caught my eye is that before the update, modded money and purchases will be supposedly be removed. That's right, I said purchases too. They've never done this before so I am wondering really if you guys actually think that this will actually happen?

I've got quite a bit of modded money myself along with the majority of my items I own in game have all been purchased with modded money over the years. Will those get removed too?

Thoughts/Opinions?

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 May 2017 - 04:41 PM

Why dont you ask MrBoss if he knows so much?

• livejoker, Mattoropael, CarimboHanky and 6 others like this

The-Irish-Hunter
  • The-Irish-Hunter

Do you have a moment to talk about our lord and savior, Hunter?

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 May 2017 - 04:42 PM

No. At most they will remove modded money only. They've never removed anything you've bought. I don't think they're even able to detect it accurately enough to try. There would definitely be thousands of legit players content removed if they did that.

• Xiled and STINKY_BAWLZ like this

darkluminous
  • darkluminous

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 May 2017 - 04:47 PM Edited by darkluminous, 18 May 2017 - 04:47 PM.

Why dont you ask MrBoss if he knows so much?

He really doesn't, he essentially just steals his information from here and other places and reports on it. I am by no means a supporter for him but often I resort to GTA YouTubers as a source of news and concepts to further speculate on when I have nothing else to resort to.

spukin
  • spukin

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 18 May 2017 - 04:48 PM

They will delete whole characters i know what im saying jesus told me

• .Skully. likes this

KWF1981
  • KWF1981

Soldier

• Members
  • England

Posted 18 May 2017 - 04:50 PM

@ Darkluminous... Oh dear... mrbossftw... Really?... Oh dear...

@ All...

I'd piss myself though if the recent heist event was put up to flag those rinsing the glitch... The fallout from that would be mega...

No, I don't think they will, don't start, just, it would be funny to see...

darkluminous
  • darkluminous

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 May 2017 - 04:52 PM

Will modded money be removed too though? Like, all of it, even from paid mods? Or do you guys just think that they will sweep banked money?

livejoker
  • livejoker

Has-Been

• Van Society
  • None
  • Funniest Member 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 18 May 2017 - 04:53 PM

So, after watching another MrBoss video (don't hate me for it)

Too late. Opening with that sentence has made you eligible for being placed on the "Most Hated Type of Person" list, right alongside other Youtubers, Bitch & Moan linkers, 12 year old trolls, 12 year old squeakers, 12 year olds in general and those who can't fly the Titan.

I doubt they'll jeopardize their player base by removing content to which they're unsure was bought with legit or fake money. The recipe for a great DLC for Rockstar is to simply make sh*t so expensive even fake money takes a hit. Continue that for a few more times and you're bound to make a dent in that bank account (at the expense of ruining the legit players who farm heists like there's no tomorrow). You're right for being nervous and taking the easy way but morals aside you've got no real reason to go nuts. R* are so dysfunctional that even IF they remove your stuff you can put a ticket in and they'll probably donate it right back or something. But nah, I wouldn't worry.

Also, get a new source for your stuff or at least get multiple sources...

• Mattoropael, MeatSafeMurderer, Uncle Sikee Atric and 1 other like this

Uncle Sikee Atric
  • Uncle Sikee Atric

Everyone's favorite Uncle, but not Grandpa.

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 18 May 2017 - 04:55 PM

They will not sweep anything from the database.  It's too late for that.

As for you mentioning you watch vids from those that must not be named....   You named 'em, so :

tom-jerry.gif

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

ROAD TO 100K Player Kills 20K TO GO!

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:00 PM

they'd rather give you a full reset than removing the money and going through the hassle of removing bought items

Darth Absentis
  • Darth Absentis

RIP PS3 copy !

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:02 PM

one rule about clickbait youtubers here on gtaforums....we do not talk about clickbait youtubers....

• KWF1981 likes this

Matrelith
  • Matrelith

Inveniam viam aut faciam

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:04 PM

Unlikely. If they wanted to, they'd have done it months ago. 

KWF1981
  • KWF1981

Soldier

• Members
  • England

Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:04 PM

Just noticed... OP joined to make this post...

Says it all, considering the 'source'...

Kids, eh...

darkluminous
  • darkluminous

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:05 PM

they'd rather give you a full reset than removing the money and going through the hassle of removing bought items

So does that mean... a ban wave is coming?

livejoker
  • livejoker

Has-Been

• Van Society
  • None
  • Funniest Member 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:06 PM

I dunno, does your source mentioned anything about it?

KWF1981
  • KWF1981

Soldier

• Members
  • England

Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:08 PM

Panic! Panic! Panic!...

Lol...

No-one know for certain what R* potentially do to combat cheats, and mrbullsh*tftw fans alike...

Wait and see...

• Jenkiiii likes this

Jenkiiii
  • Jenkiiii

Looking Good In The Hood

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:13 PM

Why are you so worried? What have you got to hide?

You're a recently joined member who's asking if the rumours they've heard in a scandalous YouTube video are true. That's mighty suspicious to me.

We don't know because we don't watch these types of YouTubers who make overly-sensational videos just to draw in the crowds.

• KWF1981 likes this

Prince_Polaris
  • Prince_Polaris

Where did I park my Tornado?

• Members
  • United-States
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:34 PM

By the way guys, I know youtubers are looked down upon but I found a guy who doesn't ask you to like, subscribe, sacrifice 12 virgins, donate to his patreon, join his bullsh*t gift card giveaway, and give him your liver, so check him out if you wanna, I like how he's always straight to the point too (Intro is a bit weird though...) 

https://www.youtube....ZKpfhxvwKovXFMQ

AmyStone
  • AmyStone

Amy Stone

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:37 PM

After hearing about a leaker in 4chan who posted some information regarding gunrunning dlc, some new questions have been raised.

Now, the part that really caught my eye is that before the update, modded money and purchases will be supposedly be removed. That's right, I said purchases too. They've never done this before so I am wondering really if you guys actually think that this will actually happen?

I've got quite a bit of modded money myself along with the majority of my items I own in game have all been purchased with modded money over the years. Will those get removed too?

Thoughts/Opinions?

I hope they do wipe modded money, purchases and dupes. Just so I can laugh at all the cheats who thought they could get away with it but are now crying over their controller.

• KWF1981, GTP_Monkey and Hécate-II like this

Xiled
  • Xiled

The Truth

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:10 PM Edited by Xiled, 18 May 2017 - 06:10 PM.

Well last time rockstar did a modded money wipe, some players quickly found out that when the alert screen came up saying they lost there money, they could just unplug there Ethernet cord for a few seconds and plug it back in and the alert screen would go away and they would still have there money. When they did that wipe they also only took there money away. Not there assets. And even if they do do that people will just find another money glitch in the future. Rockstar is wasting there time going after modded accounts after such a long time of them letting them be a thing. Duplication glitches have been a thing since the game first came out and they still let them happen. All they do is patch them every week.

darkluminous
  • darkluminous

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 May 2017 - 07:43 PM

Why are you so worried? What have you got to hide?

You're a recently joined member who's asking if the rumours they've heard in a scandalous YouTube video are true. That's mighty suspicious to me.

We don't know because we don't watch these types of YouTubers who make overly-sensational videos just to draw in the crowds.
What seems suspicious to you? I've been an active reader of the forums before, however decided to create an account to ask this question. And really the only thing I'm concerned about is if a ban wave will affect me since I posses some modded money myself.

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

ROAD TO 100K Player Kills 20K TO GO!

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 18 May 2017 - 07:47 PM

...I'm concerned about is if a ban wave will affect me since I posses some modded money myself.

to be honest, everyone is prone to get caught in the banwave dragnet, so carpe diem!

REXX
  • REXX

REXX: The cyborg from Humane Labs. | ALEXA: The Hotchick.

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 18 May 2017 - 09:48 PM Edited by REXX, 19 May 2017 - 04:29 AM.

A $69 CG attack chopper model shows up as an apparent leak and sh*t hits the fan :lol:

1. Its fake.
2. A Hunter model already exists.
3. The model looked nothing like a Hunter.

davey1975pafc
  • davey1975pafc

PS4

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 May 2017 - 10:12 PM

Nah. They didn't remove any of my stuff I purchased during the billionaire days. Just modded money.
  • STINKY_BAWLZ likes this

Gaffa™
  • Gaffa™

Lover of cake!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 May 2017 - 10:14 PM

Nah. They didn't remove any of my stuff I purchased during the billionaire days. Just modded money.

Back then, the staff were different and they didn't have a no-appeals ban policy (although still, the chance of being unbanned at request was rare), so there's really no telling what's going to happen now, halfway through 2017. 

• KWF1981 likes this

Zader
  • Zader

cocksucker

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 18 May 2017 - 10:22 PM

Last time I saw any purchases get removed, it was back in 2013 when the first dupes were coming out, and I had my Pegasus list cleared and my balance reset. Now, they either don't care or will just completely wipe your character at random.

update_lsc
  • update_lsc

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:35 AM

Would be good if they did, but i doubt they will. Hopefully they'll at least remove cheated cash and punish those, who have a lot of it.

• KWF1981 likes this

Kushology
  • Kushology

Bleeding Green

• Members
  • Canada
  • Biggest Pervert
    Nicest Canadian

Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:25 AM Edited by Kushology, 19 May 2017 - 03:26 AM.

Well last time rockstar did a modded money wipe, some players quickly found out that when the alert screen came up saying they lost there money, they could just unplug there Ethernet cord for a few seconds and plug it back in and the alert screen would go away and they would still have there money. When they did that wipe they also only took there money away. Not there assets. And even if they do do that people will just find another money glitch in the future. Rockstar is wasting there time going after modded accounts after such a long time of them letting them be a thing. Duplication glitches have been a thing since the game first came out and they still let them happen. All they do is patch them every week.

Forgot the part where some of the people that bypassed the alert got reset.. Least that's what I heard, I haven't experienced this first hand. And if that was bullsh*t, don't start something with me, I said it's what I heard.

There was also people that just didn't play on their modded account for a few weeks, came back to it, no alert or wipe.

KWF1981
  • KWF1981

Soldier

• Members
  • England

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:07 AM

I do remember some fallout either earlier this year, or very late last year... And they even posted on the newswire that they would be sweeping for cash over that period... With a lot of players banned, wiped cash AND assets, with ZERO appeal options... I had one buddy, just an 'outer circle' chap during that time text everyone in the text party his sad story of being rank 1 with sweet FA to his name... He quit too, funny stuff to me... Though, I did feel for him after long, he just wants to play GTA... But that's life... Dip ya toes in, they'll get wet...

Again, nothing says something IS coming... But R* CAN sweep anytime they want, they CAN look into every single transaction on any account they want to, or feel they need to, via reports and such too

All this panic from a person with a modded account, makes me laugh... I could never play with that looming over me... But, OP, you can guarantee you are NOT 100% safe, and never will be... And Modded accounts are getting more and more bad attention, we'll see,

Sleep well.

CuteFaceJay
  • CuteFaceJay

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:33 AM

Hot Topic?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users