Photo

Need for Speed: Payback [2017]

172 replies to this topic
ΣΓ
  • ΣΓ

"Goddess Of Light"

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by ΣΓ, 3 weeks ago.

Hot Pursuit was actually enjoyable and relatively easy to get into for what it was. NFS 2015 is kinda terrible all around. Even switching completely to grip for handling it still doesn't feel right or sufficiently responsive. The default physics are horrid. Cars drift too easily and there's a slight delay with the controls when you turn, it almost feels like the game skips a bunch of frames or something but in actuality it's just the way the handling works.

Don't even get me started on the AI. It's the f*cking worst. Winning races feels like pure luck. If you f*ck up a little due to the horrid physics you immediately get overtaken due to the rubber-banding AI. But a lot of the time when you actually win, AI cars slow down for no reason. It's really f*cked and something they really need to work on.
  • Mister Pink, SchizNitz, Ivan1997GTA and 2 others like this

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 3 weeks ago

Hot Pursuit was actually enjoyable and relatively easy to get into for what it was. NFS 2015 is kinda terrible all around. Even switching completely to grip for handling it still doesn't feel right or sufficiently responsive. The default physics are horrid. Cars drift too easily and there's a slight delay with the controls when you turn, it almost feels like the game skips a bunch of frames or something but in actuality it's just the way the handling works.

Don't even get me started on the AI. It's the f*cking worst. Winning races feels like pure luck. If you f*ck up a little due to the horrid physics you immediately get overtaken due to the rubber-banding AI. But a lot of the time when you actually win, AI cars slow down for no reason. It's really f*cked and something they really need to work on.

I understand rubber-banding AI in racing games - like Burnout which is basically a demo derby at 200km/h, where 90% of the game's fun is from crashing enemies, so you jumping too much in front or back of other cars can be boring. It doesn't really fit a game like NFS 2015, where you just want to race to get a good time. I hope in this one we either get a slider on how much rubber-banding you want, or like the older games, on or off.

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

Presidential
  • Presidential

lol

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Yeah man, Underground 2s track was decent. Distinctly remember some Snoop remix/sample of Riders On The Storm. 

Some good rock, some good electronic.. Always thought this would be good in a driving game... 

I actually have that on my gaming playlist. One of the first ten songs. Would be epic to have in there.

I'd love a chop top option for the trucks, especially if we get classic trucks.

Then again, just give me a classic Chevy pack and I'm happy.

5967d0907df1eef32ce6b7ce98788c43--custom

SchizNitz
  • SchizNitz

yo

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 3 weeks ago

Don't let hype get in your way. The game looks amazing, but overhyping stuff only makes things worse later.

I still want that feature from Carbon that I forgot the name (Something Sculpt, I think, idk) where you could not only change the parts, but you could customize the parts themselves, making them bigger, smaller, wider, taller, etc, where you could have a trully unique vehicle.

Speaking of Carbon, this game reminds me a lot if it, kinda mixed with 2015.

*whispers* Autosculpt

• Ivan1997GTA and DOUGL4S1 like this

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 3 weeks ago

Don't let hype get in your way. The game looks amazing, but overhyping stuff only makes things worse later.

I still want that feature from Carbon that I forgot the name (Something Sculpt, I think, idk) where you could not only change the parts, but you could customize the parts themselves, making them bigger, smaller, wider, taller, etc, where you could have a trully unique vehicle.

Speaking of Carbon, this game reminds me a lot if it, kinda mixed with 2015.

*whispers* Autosculpt

This! That was a cool feature. I'm surprised that 11 years later I haven't seen anything else like that.

• SchizNitz and Ivan1997GTA like this

luisniko
  • luisniko

Mayhem Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Ugh.... The upgrade is The Crew upgrade mechanism aka lucky draw upgrade...
  • anthony likes this

einjzmolf
  • einjzmolf

!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

No. You can also purchase upgrades. It's just RNG based so you have to keep checking the shops.

I'd rather go to a shop every few races than do the same races 300 times for a part.
  • Audi and Ivan1997GTA like this

anthony
  • anthony

Nobody cares, nobody f*cking cares.

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by anthony, 3 weeks ago.

"The customization is back and bigger than ever"

*show 4 fenders*
*show 4 side skirts*

lmao it look like a f*cking parody to me.

-RP-
  • -RP-

Producer

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Criterion Games needs to DIAF and stay as far asf away from NFS.  Ever since they took over the franchise the games physics and handling has been absolute sh*t year after year. The problem is they are the dipsh*ts behind the game Burnout and they still use the god damn physics engine from that game. So if you're every wondering wtf Criterion Games can't make NFS cars handle properly now you know.  

Criterion Games ruined NFS for me. Haven't enjoyed a NFS Game since MW from 2005. 

Sorry for the rant. I f*cking hate NFS Criterion Games.

• SAS_Intruder and GrudgefromSanAndreas like this

GrudgefromSanAndreas
  • GrudgefromSanAndreas

Straight outta Pluton's Ass

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by GrudgefromSanAndreas, 3 weeks ago.

If there's not gonna be at least one Ferrari i won't even be interested in this game. But if they add a Peugeot 907 i could forgive them :p

But it seems after 2005 when they add a ferrari the game suddenly sucks (Rivals! and NFS2015 for some or many) How dafuq do they manage to do that?!

-RP-
  • -RP-

Producer

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by -RP-, 3 weeks ago.

If there's not gonna be at least one Ferrari i won't even be interested in this game. But if they add a Peugeot 907 i could forgive them :p

But it seems after 2005 when they add a ferrari the game suddenly sucks (Rivals! and NFS2015 for some or many) How dafuq do they manage to do that?!

LOL There will be one. All you'll be able to do to it is put a ugly wide body kit on it though. No custom rims.  Just like 2015 NFS...what a joke.   I bought the rari in 2015 nfs realized there wasn't sh*t you could do with it and mod for mod its slower  than a f*cking s15 silvia lulz.....sold that pos.

• GrudgefromSanAndreas likes this

GrudgefromSanAndreas
  • GrudgefromSanAndreas

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 3 weeks ago

But i read on NFS wiki there's no ferrari in Payback, maybe its still being updated. The only NFS games without Ferraris i liked were Most Wanted 2005 and Carbon. But nothing beats the pre-Underground NFS, especially the first two Hot Pursuits

einjzmolf
  • einjzmolf

!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

>can't put custom wheels on ferraris in nfs 2015

normies

nRtnsa.jpg

GrudgefromSanAndreas
  • GrudgefromSanAndreas

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 3 weeks ago

Now there's another reason why i'd never play NFS2015 either. Criterion Games really fuqed up the franchise!

-RP-
  • -RP-

Producer

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by -RP-, 3 weeks ago.

>can't put custom wheels on ferraris in nfs 2015

normies

nRtnsa.jpg

LOL, well we console peasants don't have access to pc mods ;p   The f40 LM kit for that one was a nice addition though for 2015. Still, on console you cant change rims, also still slower than allot of other cars it should be able to beat.

-RP-
  • -RP-

Producer

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

The rari i was talking about was the 458 italia. Not the F40. stock rims only apply to both though on console

CaptianBackwoods
  • CaptianBackwoods

Rebel Riders MC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

There is a way on to do it on console, he's on PS4.
  • einjzmolf likes this

einjzmolf
  • einjzmolf

!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

nRxpdM.jpg

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

N R G
  • N R G

Press Command-Shift-W for a surprise

• Members
  • Isle-of-Man

Posted 2 weeks ago

I pre-ordered the deluxe edition. Gotta get me that Bel Air.

JRC99
  • JRC99

Dipsh*t

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

I pre-ordered the deluxe edition. Gotta get me that Bel Air.

....It's in the standard edition. 

grandautothief
  • grandautothief

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 2 weeks ago

This one might be the first after "Hot Pursuit" that I'm going to buy. I don't know, the "Fast and Furious" vibe appeals to me. Hope I'm not completely disappointed...

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 7 hours ago

According to the comments of this, a new trailer is coming tomorrow. And an M5.

• H52VERGR52VER likes this

Android
  • Android

Oreo

• Facade Corporation
  • NATO
  • The Congressional Medal of sh*tposting
    Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]
    Most Talented Graphics Artist 2015
    Most Improved Member 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Best Poster [Technology] 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]

Posted 7 hours ago

Yeah, that'd make sense. The new M5 is meant to be debuted tomorrow but it was actually already leaked. Good to know we'll be getting it in the game as well!

• H52VERGR52VER likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users