198 replies to this topic
Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy
  • Best Poster [Vehicles] 2016

Posted 02 June 2017 - 02:56 PM

So far it looks good. I don't care if it sounds like The Crew, even if the story is similar they'd pull it off a lot better because let's be honest The Crew was executed very very badly.

Car list looks amazing too. Only thing I'm waiting to see now are the physics and if you don't slide every time you corner fast then I'm sold!

• SchizNitz, Ivan1997GTA and Actlikeyouknow like this

Noale
  • Noale

INKWIZYCJA

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 02 June 2017 - 03:00 PM

So this is basically Fast & Furious: The Game.

• Sunrise Driver, SchizNitz, Iroquois and 4 others like this

Android
  • Android

Popsicle

• Facade Corporation
  • NATO
  • The Congressional Medal of sh*tposting
    Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]
    Most Talented Graphics Artist 2015
    Most Improved Member 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Best Poster [Technology] 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]

Posted 02 June 2017 - 07:42 PM Edited by Android, 02 June 2017 - 07:46 PM.

I didn't feel very interested after watching the teaser for the first time, but after watching it a few more times and looking over the screenshots, it has gained my interest. The early games were inspired by Fast & Furious style street racing, so it doesn't make sense to only make that comparison now, even if the storyline borrows a few aspects. Really interested in hearing more about the game. The NFS fanbase is always hard to please, though; the new titles are either missing the mark or it's "sh*t" or something else completely negative, and keep in mind nobody has even played this new one so far.

E3 will give us a much better look, so I'm not gonna completely bash it until then.

They didn't just try to recreate the nostalgia that came after previous titles, but went beyond with something different for the series.

I agree completely. No point in trying to appease the people asking for nostalgic type content when they'll just whine about it. More effort should be put into making a completely new game.
  • V4S and Mister Pink like this

V4S
  • V4S

🌸 Nt pⱻssⱻɹdɯᴉ 🌸

• The Yakuza
  • Japan
  • 14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017

Posted 02 June 2017 - 08:12 PM

Can't blame them for trying to cash in on that fast and furious billion dollar making hype. At the same time by them doing that, it is taking the series farther and farther away from the earlier titles of just pure wacky cars and street racing. But we'll see when more details surface. I'm getting it regardless because I'm dying for a car game over here in PS4ville.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 02 June 2017 - 08:18 PM

to be fair, Need For Speed has been copying the Fast & Furious motif since the first Underground.

but that was mostly in terms of theme and art direction.

now it appears that they're going to directly rip off the storyline, too.

• Sunrise Driver, Audi and Actlikeyouknow like this

JRC99
  • JRC99

Needs an truck

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 June 2017 - 10:30 PM

I'm skeptical.

Also, it appears the '67 Camaro is a pre-order bonus.

F*ck that. Bullsh*t

• Sunrise Driver, Ivan1997GTA and Actlikeyouknow like this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

XMD5A

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 03 June 2017 - 12:06 AM

I'm liking what I see. I'll buy this game and give it a go. 

• Audi likes this

Audi
  • Audi

Merces Letifer

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Slovenia
  • Best Turbo Quattro 2017

Posted 03 June 2017 - 02:03 AM

Looks better then I expected. 

• V4S and Mister Pink like this

luisniko
  • luisniko

Mayhem Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 June 2017 - 02:35 AM

What we saw was a cinematic trailer with narration about the game that sounds good on paper.

We still don't know how the gameplay is like. We still don't know how the physic feels like. We still don't know if the ideas works great on practice.

Don't get on hype train just yet.

• Jinx. and Ivan1997GTA like this

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 03 June 2017 - 06:03 AM Edited by fashion, 03 June 2017 - 06:10 AM.

to be fair, Need For Speed has been copying the Fast & Furious motif since the first Underground.
but that was mostly in terms of theme and art direction.

now it appears that they're going to directly rip off the storyline, too.
Nobody complained about Vice City being a copy of Scarface.
As long as they have a decent story to tell then I'm happy. If they're going for that crew feeling of F&F then I don't see what's wrong with that.

If they pull of the 'movie-like' scenes in a fresh fashion and FORGET ABOUT THEIR ABORTION CALLED THE RUN, then it's going to be great. F&F and NFS always went holding hands, it's like two sides of the same coin.

--

I'm avoiding reddit like the pest for now. Sometimes it's just not worth it to feed off of negative thoughts on the net. I like what I've seen so far, I liked NFS2015 too and didn't let the net break it for me.

I just wonder, how many of the people thinking this is looks too much like F&F will recreate the cars of F&F in this game :D
  • Mister Pink likes this

Audi
  • Audi

Merces Letifer

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Slovenia
  • Best Turbo Quattro 2017

Posted 03 June 2017 - 06:29 AM

What we saw was a cinematic trailer with narration about the game that sounds good on paper.

We still don't know how the gameplay is like. We still don't know how the physic feels like. We still don't know if the ideas works great on practice.

Don't get on hype train just yet.

True.

NFS driving has always felt like a joke to me tbh, so I'm not too worried about that, I'm more concerned with the car customization and a decent story. Hopefully good photo mode too.

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy
  • Best Poster [Vehicles] 2016

Posted 03 June 2017 - 03:55 PM Edited by Scaglietti, 03 June 2017 - 03:59 PM.

A lot of FH3s cars are filler and majority of people won't drive them. The only thing it's good for is using the number as a selling point, and clearly people are falling for it.  :lol:

Quality over quantity for me. Forza just has the same cars year after year, with current models added in with the obligatory Forza front splitter, tow hook, and rear wing options.

:sigh:

I'm not even going to say anything because I have no problem with you but that's just... lmao.

I own more than half of the cars in the game and actively drive them and the quality is rarely lacking, no car feels the same as the other. And from my experience even worthless filler cars, if there are any, handle better and have more quality details than almost any car in NFS. But okay...

Noale
  • Noale

INKWIZYCJA

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 03 June 2017 - 05:02 PM

A lot of FH3s cars are filler and majority of people won't drive them. The only thing it's good for is using the number as a selling point, and clearly people are falling for it.  :lol:

Quality over quantity for me. Forza just has the same cars year after year, with current models added in with the obligatory Forza front splitter, tow hook, and rear wing options.

:sigh:

I'm not even going to say anything because I have no problem with you but that's just... lmao.

I own more than half of the cars in the game and actively drive them and the quality is rarely lacking, no car feels the same as the other. And from my experience even worthless filler cars, if there are any, handle better and have more quality details than almost any car in NFS. But okay...

I'm glad you enjoy them. However it seems you missed the key word in the first sentence of mine, which is majority.

I play the game a lot online and the majority of people are in Lamborghini's and Silvias. And if not in one of those, chances are they are in a V12 swapped car. You don't really have to say anything because I've been playing FH3 for long enough. I'm level 490, with roughly 70 million in winnings. I can buy anything I want, but haven't bought that much, because most of the cars there are indeed fillers for me. The reason I think so is because the modifications on most of those cars are laughable. The Forza devs focused on the popular cars and gave them widebody kits, but they ignored the rest of them. If you don't want to drive a Silvia with a RB kit or a Lamborghini with a LW kit, I hope you like the lack of visual or original customization because you're limited to their Forza splitter and rear wing on the large majority of cars. In fact, one example is the 350Z, which I believe has much less options in Forza Horizon 3 than it did in Forza Motorsport 3, which was released in 2009. The f*ck?

The lack of true customization in Forza is unbelievable. So with that said, I'll still stand by my original statement. Quality over quantity. Give me less cars with more options, and I'll be much much happier. Like take out that damn Bentley Bentayga SUV that I'll never use and give me more options for the S2000 instead.

• El Diablo and Ivan1997GTA like this

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 03 June 2017 - 07:35 PM

Nobody complained about Vice City being a copy of Scarface.

As long as they have a decent story to tell then I'm happy. If they're going for that crew feeling of F&F then I don't see what's wrong with that

there's not anything "wrong" with it per se; it's just kinda lazy and unoriginal.

Vice City is different.

the purpose of GTA is to lampoon American pop culture. copying something like Scarface was the whole point of making the game in the first place.

Need for Speed used to be it's own entity with a relatively unique story to tell. but ever since Vin Diesel and Paul Walker became a household names it feels like the NFS series just started filing itself down into the Fast & Furious mold into order to piggy back off of their legion of fans.

it is what it is.

Sunrise Driver
  • Sunrise Driver

The Infidel

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 03 June 2017 - 08:49 PM Edited by Street Mix, 03 June 2017 - 08:49 PM.

Not a one VC or VCS trailer resembled Scarface trailers. It was always ORIGINAL CONTENT influenced by Scarface. Same for NFS Underground.

This one though is like a trailer for a new F&F. If you remove all the trademarks, you can't tell the difference.

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 03 June 2017 - 09:07 PM

I get your point, Diablo. I think the series was at it's absolute peak during the U2/MW era, those games obviously took inspiration from the F&F series but were unique enough to strongly stand on it's own legs. U2 was about making it to the top of the street racing scene while having a grudge against a guy that could've gotten you killed in an accident. MW (my favorite) was about the girl and the car you've lost due to an unfairly lost race. It forced you to make it to the top of the criminal street racing blacklist, to challenge the dickhead that stole your light. You also had Cross right behind your tail all the time.

Both of these scenarios were about pure street racing, while F&F was about street racing and criminal organizations like the yakuza.

I *think* the story of Payback will also be strong enough to stand on it's own two legs, while taking one more bite off of F&F to include more action. Still, the F&F movies weren't about the betrayal theme we'll be getting in Payback, so it could be something unique. F&F was about revenge, undercover stuff and recently super hero action *sigh*. But there was no actual betrayal like here, was there?

I'm not losing my confidence yet. If my gut feeling is wrong and we'll get a cheap and lazy copy paste done wrong off of the last 2-3 F&F then I'm going to be pissed.

The scenario here, it fits the first movies more, before it all turned into a super hero franchise. It'd be fine if it took inspiration from FF 1 and 2, just not 6 or 7 please. Being betrayed by a member of your crew and going after a criminal organization was something we didn't have in NFS yet. If done right, without taking TOO much of FF then it could be something great.
  • Mister Pink and Ivan1997GTA like this

xXepicjasaXx
  • xXepicjasaXx

EPIC

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 June 2017 - 10:40 AM

trailer looks so sick, i was into need for speed back on PS2 with most wanted and i had a few others but i hardly played then my next purchase was NFS 2015 and tbh it got boring fast but i loved the game to begin with and i ended up selling it before finishing it. Now Payback looks totally amazing especially with the day night cycle and the location looks amazing and the story should be good. so hyped for this nfs

Homemade Dynamite
  • Homemade Dynamite

Melodrama

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Concept 2015 [GTA Online: Liberty City Expansion]

Posted 05 June 2017 - 10:53 AM

So what do you guys hope for in terms of music?

I'd like a good mix of rock, electronica, and hip-hop. I wish they'd bring back hard rock/metal songs like in the older games, but I guess it's not the "thing" so they're not doing it.

• SchizNitz and Ivan1997GTA like this

Noale
  • Noale

INKWIZYCJA

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 05 June 2017 - 10:56 AM

Just needs one song IMO.

• El Diablo likes this

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 05 June 2017 - 02:08 PM

I'd like a good mix of rock, electronica, and hip-hop. I wish they'd bring back hard rock/metal songs like in the older games, but I guess it's not the "thing" so they're not doing it.

Because it has the 'bright glorious Las Vegas' setting instead of a Grunge-ier setting of Underground-Carbon, I'm not expecting Hard Rock and Metal at all. I think the maximum we'll get is some sort of Classic Rock, as well the type of song in the Trailer.

• SchizNitz likes this

Homemade Dynamite
  • Homemade Dynamite

Melodrama

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Concept 2015 [GTA Online: Liberty City Expansion]

Posted 05 June 2017 - 02:13 PM

Because it has the 'bright glorious Las Vegas' setting instead of a Grunge-ier setting of Underground-Carbon, I'm not expecting Hard Rock and Metal at all. I think the maximum we'll get is some sort of Classic Rock, as well the type of song in the Trailer.

There's also the desert setting. Rock would fit perfectly there, especially hard rock. I don't get what you're talking about, metal/hard rock fits any setting.

• SchizNitz likes this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

XMD5A

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 05 June 2017 - 02:38 PM

Maybe NFS does better when it has something to focus and draw inspiration from. The last NFS seemed a little uninspired. I enjoyed it but there was so much wasted potential. 

• Android and Rafae like this

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 05 June 2017 - 04:32 PM

Yuck.. the soundtrack of 2015 was horrible and had 2-3 good songs and the rest was garbage. While I'm everything but a fan of rock music, I always thought the soundtracks of MW and U2 as a whole were awesome. Playing U2 with music off is blasphemy. Pretty much the only rock songs that I like come from NFS games (and Tony Hawk games)

I hope they step it up in this game. I'm also expecting it to have a good mix of techno/hiphop/rock but please let it be good. Games like NFS need a good soundtrack.

(Ambient)
  • (Ambient)

Three stars

• Facade Corporation
  • European-Union

Posted 05 June 2017 - 04:53 PM

Same as Dynamite, I want some hard rock/metal stuff, because we haven't heard such music for a few last NFS releases. Also, I hope for some underground/non-mainstream genres of electronic music. I'm sick of focus on EDM and trap. Since it's not gonna be purely set in the city, how about some alt-country? Oh, and have more throwbacks goddamit. Ghost Games, you're making the soundtrack for a racing video game, not Spotify's "New Music Friday" playlist.

• SchizNitz likes this

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 05 June 2017 - 05:28 PM Edited by DOUGL4S1, 05 June 2017 - 05:31 PM.

Slightly updated car list (so far (that I've managed to identify (and i'm too lazy to edit my other comment (so I just copied it)))).

Audi

• Unknown, only a seat is shown

BMW

• M3 E46
  • M3 F80
  • 2018 M5
  • X1 (probably only AI)
  • Z4? (hard to tell)

Chevy

• Bel Air

Dodge

• 1969 Charger
  • 4th Gen Challenger
  • Charger LD (police car)

Ford

• 1st Gen Mustang
  • 2015 Mustang GT
  • 2017 F150
  • F100

Koenigsegg

• Regera

Lamborghini

• Aventador

Nissan

• 350Z
  • 240Z (Datsun)
  • Skyline R34

Pagani

• Huayra BC

Porsche

• Panamera Turbo

Volkswagen

• 2014 Scirocco

Rafae
  • Rafae

Boss

• GTAF Crew
  • None

Posted 05 June 2017 - 05:37 PM

Underground and Underground 2's soundtracks were top notch 👌

Most Wanted was very solid too in that department but U and U2 were just legendary. Carbon had some nice tracks as well. After that though they all went to sh*t, both soundtrack wise and game quality wise.

Midnight Club is a whole different story 😎
  • V4S and Iroquois like this

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 05 June 2017 - 06:22 PM Edited by fashion, 05 June 2017 - 06:24 PM.

Midnight Club wasn't that good. It's obvious R* tried to make a NFS clone but races were unbelievably frustrating after a while. I don't think I've ever finished the full thing. Crash once and you can restart the race...

Maybe I simply sucked at it but I didn't suck in the NFS titles. Neither is exactly a walk in the park to play through and it's ok for a race game to be challenging. Either I sucked or the controls were bad, I don't really remember tbh.

Edit: Midnight Club LA is what I'm talking about btw. The soundtrack was good though and tuning was alright.
  • adub likes this

Rafae
  • Rafae

Boss

• GTAF Crew
  • None

Posted 05 June 2017 - 06:32 PM

Yeah gameplay wise NFS edged out MC but the soundtracks for Midnight Club were on a another LEVEL

Especially MC 3 and LA good god

Iroquois
  • Iroquois

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 June 2017 - 10:18 PM Edited by Iroquois, 05 June 2017 - 10:19 PM.

Sometimes i dont know what game producers are thinking....

Why do they have that constant idea where they try to take a game in a different direction when they know its gonna suck relatively to similar games or previous installations? NFSU series were the best. Best atmosphere & best soundtrack. Those 2 games were the staple of NFS. Each games series has their own thing and NFS keeps changing their direction. Sometimes i feel like fans know better than the game developers themselves. 'The customer is always right'. If there were to make a modern Underground, very identical to the previous ones but with a larger map, graphics and larger car roster (due to the NG performance), it would definitely be the best "arcade" racing game out there*

* the reason i put arcade in is to differentiate it from 'racing simulators' such as Gran turismo which is the best racing simulator game.

Sunrise Driver
  • Sunrise Driver

The Infidel

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 05 June 2017 - 10:30 PM Edited by Street Mix, 05 June 2017 - 10:35 PM.

NFS 2015 OST was a huge improvement over s**tty Rivals. As the game itself.

If I could decide, I'd put High Stakes-like music in Payback.

It's obvious R* tried to make a NFS clone

Yep, especially with MC Street Racing in 2000. They looked into the crystal ball and cloned Underground alright.

but races were unbelievably frustrating after a while. I don't think I've ever finished the full thing. Crash once and you can restart the race...

Drive better. Midnight Club is the closest game to the term "Racing". Not just driving with rivals 2 min behind.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users