Need for Speed: Payback [2017]

535 replies to this topic
jaljax
  • jaljax

Money Power Respect

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 2 weeks ago

Freeroam? That's great new's, but it should've been there on release.. 

• Mister Pink and Ivan1997GTA like this

jaljax
  • jaljax

Money Power Respect

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 2 weeks ago

The Mazda RX-7 Is Great

26198414_907731879381865_648674145919281

• anubis., Mister Pink, Audi and 1 other like this

beretta-gt88
  • beretta-gt88

Muscle cars rule!

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by beretta-gt88, 2 weeks ago.

I think were getting another abandoned car today going by the timer it will be 7:30 pm EST :lol:

• jaljax likes this

anubis.
  • anubis.

nihil timendum est

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Australia

Posted 2 weeks ago

The Mazda RX-7 Is Great

<sexy RX7>

dat camber doe

Man I'm really itching to get this game now that there's going to be online free-roam. I was thinking of getting The Crew for the free-roam alone but then I read about the announcement.

Which game would you guys say is most similar to the Midnight Club series? The Crew or Payback? In terms of free roam, customization and driving physics.

• jaljax likes this

jaljax
  • jaljax

Money Power Respect

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 2 weeks ago

The Mazda RX-7 Is Great

<sexy RX7>

dat camber doe

Man I'm really itching to get this game now that there's going to be online free-roam. I was thinking of getting The Crew for the free-roam alone but then I read about the announcement.

Which game would you guys say is most similar to the Midnight Club series? The Crew or Payback? In terms of free roam, customization and driving physics.

i'd have to say Payback has a lot of similarities to Midnight Club 

Yeah i cambered it out pretty good lol

If i were you i'd get Payback , i have the Crew as well & its good and all , but the customization isn't all that great & apparently the map is not 100% USA Map due to the fact that it's missing some element's.

The only thing i really liked about the Crew was the story.

• anubis. likes this

beretta-gt88
  • beretta-gt88

Muscle cars rule!

• Members
  • None

my timer says 3h 30m 22s EST it's 3:30 pm here

I'm getting excited : )

I'm playing a new game on my other PSN on medium difficulty this time I'll grab the RX-7 close to time up.

I wanna know what happens when the timer hits 0

I know the car will disappear but will another abandoned car be avaiaible to find

• jaljax likes this

jaljax
  • jaljax

Money Power Respect

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 2 weeks ago

I think were getting another abandoned car today going by the timer it will be 7:30 pm EST :lol:

Any chance on what car it is?

beretta-gt88
  • beretta-gt88

Muscle cars rule!

• Members
  • None

Any chance on what car it is?

I have no idea I can't find any info

49m 10s left on timer 6:10 pm EST

• jaljax likes this

Testarossa
  • Testarossa

it's alright to hate me now

• Facade Corporation
  • Mexico
  • Best Newsletter 2017 [GTAF Weekly]
    Contribution Award [GTAF Weekly]
    Worst Ferrari
    Best Concept DLC 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Draw Contest Winner 2016
    Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]

Posted 2 weeks ago

A7CZcna.png

• VROmead, Ivan1997GTA, jaljax and 2 others like this

beretta-gt88
  • beretta-gt88

Muscle cars rule!

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

WoW! no new car yet WTF!

I thought after the RX7 another count down would start ...sigh so disappointed :angry:

• VROmead likes this

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 2 weeks ago

So I just fluked my way to victory in the outlaws rush, I'm 299 in 399 race, and I only win because both Me and Navarro crashed 300 metres from the finish

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Siamese Dream

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster in Music 2017
    Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted A week ago

The Mazda RX-7 Is Great

<sexy RX7>

dat camber doe

The RX-7 is phenomenal. 

As for The Crew or Payback.. Hmm. Payback definitely has better car customisation and drifting too. The Crew's map is awesome though and it's photo editor is a lot better. The photo editor in Payback annoyingly doesn't have a slow shutter speed option to show blurrier lines to emphasize speed. Hard to say which driving is more like Midnight Club. I'd say the The Crew but Payback is more like driving of Hot Pursuit 2 and of course there's drifting which is practically none-existent in The Crew. It's a tough one. 

I would recommend you possibly by The Crew 2 as it's going to be the same map when it comes out this year. You could get Payback and maybe the original The Crew second hand. Must be dirt cheap second hand now. But Payback for the customization, visually for sure.

• anubis., Ivan1997GTA and jaljax like this

beretta-gt88
  • beretta-gt88

Muscle cars rule!

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by beretta-gt88, A week ago.

I just finished the City Chevrolet Lumina from Days of Thunder it's on a Camaro  :colgate:

1990-46-City-Chevrolet-Lumina.jpg

fashion
  • fashion

ಠ_ರೃ

• Members
  • Mars
  • Most Desperate For a Ban 2017

Posted A week ago Edited by fashion, A week ago.

So I'm a retard that doesn't have control over his money and just bought this. Oh well. I knew I'd buy this sooner or later but it will definetly slow down my progress in Nioh. At least my brother will be happy too.

Enjoying it so far but the first line of dialogue ever said in this game already made me facepalm.

The Gambler is an idiot.

The dialogue occassionally makes you bite lemons but overall it isn't that bad. I expected much worse. I wish I could turn off the radio host or whoever interrupts the good soundtrack though.

And then I met tiger selfie.
  • anubis. and Mister Pink like this

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted A week ago Edited by Corndawg93, A week ago.

So I'm a retard that doesn't have control over his money and just bought this. Oh well. I knew I'd buy this sooner or later but it will definetly slow down my progress in Nioh. At least my brother will be happy too.

Enjoying it so far but the first line of dialogue ever said in this game already made me facepalm.

The Gambler is an idiot.

The dialogue occassionally makes you bite lemons but overall it isn't that bad. I expected much worse. I wish I could turn off the radio host or whoever interrupts the good soundtrack though.

And then I met tiger selfie.

Oh god the dialogue, One point in the game Mac will ask if a helicopter can follow him through the sewers, and the way he says it makes it sound like he just came of the set of a saturday morning tv show
Mac "The helicopter can't follow me down here, can he", like who the hell are you asking me or Ty
  • Mister Pink likes this

beretta-gt88
  • beretta-gt88

Muscle cars rule!

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

New abandoned car just released today it's 7:59 pm EST 167h 46s left :)

fashion
  • fashion

ಠ_ರೃ

• Members
  • Mars

Posted A week ago Edited by fashion, A week ago.

^^ I grabbed it. Had the most intensive cop chase I had so far with it. Man, the chases work so well. I need this in freeroam.

For some reason, I can't change the new car's color when I apply a downloaded livery.

Dirt races are amazing. They fit the need for speed formula well and I really appreciate the addition.

I also like how you can outrun race against randoms you meet on the streets, only to find out it's tied to a progression, where the guy will return with a more powerful car each time. Beat everyone 3 times and you can race the boss. I love this mechanic, just hoping that they won't disappear forever after you beat the boss.

VROmead
  • VROmead

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

^^ I grabbed it. Had the most intensive cop chase I had so far with it. Man, the chases work so well. I need this in freeroam.

For some reason, I can't change the new car's color when I apply a downloaded livery.

Dirt races are amazing. They fit the need for speed formula well and I really appreciate the addition.

I also like how you can outrun race against randoms you meet on the streets, only to find out it's tied to a progression, where the guy will return with a more powerful car each time. Beat everyone 3 times and you can race the boss. I love this mechanic, just hoping that they won't disappear forever after you beat the boss.

First you need to fix the car up if you want the downloaded liveries to apply to the car, and don't forget the roof which also fixes the doors.
  • fashion likes this

beretta-gt88
  • beretta-gt88

Muscle cars rule!

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by beretta-gt88, A week ago.

on PS4 my PSN is the same as my name here.

For anyone that's a Pixar Cars fan, I have these wraps available most at max sticker count :) completely detailed

Z28 Camaro : Lightning Mcqueen /Pixar Cars, Bumblebee from Transformers, Cole Trickle City Chevrolet #46 /Days of Thunder and Jessica's Phoenix from Saints Row 2

VW Golf GTI club sport : DJ /Pixar Cars 

Silvia : BOOST /Pixar Cars

BRZ : Wingo /Pixar Cars

Volvo Amazon : Fabulous Hudson Hornet /Pixar Cars

VW Beetle: Herbie the love bug

Enjoy!

• fashion likes this

fashion
  • fashion

ಠ_ರೃ

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 6 days ago

It's that time of the year again, boys and girls. The time where fashion discovered a good game underneath all of his rants and doubts he initially had before playing.

I've been very rough on NFS Payback before I actually got to play it. While my and the general criticism is well deserved - it's still a great game.

My expectations have been extremely low because I've been following this game since the announcement, was hyped af, then read and watched what critics had to say as well as following this topic so that I know what players have to say. It wasn't pretty. I marked it as yet another sh*tty NFS and tried to skip this game for as long as I could.

Now that I got to play it, the gameplay is amazing. Drifting throughout the desert, drag racing in the city, intense cop chases and many challenges and optional races to keep me occupied. I'm 8 hours in and haven't felt like it's a grind. Far from it. It's great fun.

The new classes are a superb addition, it doesn't get enough credit. Each class feels different and fun to play. The exception is the runner class, where I haven't seen a noticable difference so far.

Speed cards suck dick and don't make any sence. This mechanic is so out of place. It really doesn't belong in a racing game. GTFO. There are like 3 or 4 different currencies, f*ck off with that. However, it kinda makes me feel like I'm playing an RPG, trying to aim for better stats for my cars. It's a dull RPG, a nonsensical one, but whatever. I've been angry enough about them before I played it so whatever. They don't even bother me that much anymore.

Just when I thought the story isn't that bad for a second, a line pops up that makes me want to gag myself with a pillow. Hooowever, The House isn't such a bad antagonist. I like going after them.
That drag group with Big Sister as the leader wasn't horrible either.

Shiftlock though? By the gods...

If they cut the dialogue in half and cut out all the unnecessary bullsh*t and cringle, the story would've been so much better and easily the best one since Carbon, if not since Most Wanted.

But why do I bother ranting when I enjoy this game? I accepted it's flaws and don't mind them. Having a great time with it.

Btw, is there an industrial/dock area in this game?
  • VROmead likes this

beretta-gt88
  • beretta-gt88

Muscle cars rule!

• Members
  • None

Posted 6 days ago

I'm enjoying it also :) the vinal editor has some flaws but I'm starting to learn how to use it better :)

I did some offroad races last night with the new car Volvo Amazon it's great offroad :D

I really like the cop chases after getting in an abandoned car. I hope one day freeroam cops get added.

• VROmead likes this

fashion
  • fashion

ಠ_ರೃ

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 6 days ago Edited by fashion, 6 days ago.

That's a great list of wraps by the way. I'm too lazy to create anything cool when there's a wide libary of skins for free. I could never top those wraps anyways.

Could it be that some of your wraps make it to those trendy lists and are among the most popular wraps? I saw a few cars skins. I'm 100% sure I saw the Volvo Hudson wrap. Gonna look you up tomorrow since I'm interested in the Saints Row 2 wrap, have to buy the Chev first though.

--

Btw, I'll ask again since some of you could skip my wall of text (can't blame you).

Is there an industrial or dock area in this game?

VROmead
  • VROmead

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago Edited by H52VERGR52VER, 6 days ago.

For me, online freeroam, all cars being able to get to 399, and freeroam cops with an on and off toggle is all this game needs to get to another level. When I got the game at launch I knew there was no freeroam but the customization and all the empty lots around the city alone kept me thinking with this many people asking for it, and all these parking lots there's no way they won't add it down the line. Game just feels empty to me right now without other people cruising around and doing meets in parking lots.

The speedcards are pretty wank, but since the last update if you win races the card you choose is going to be a solid upgrade at least 80% of the time. Its honestly so much better to level up now. Forget rolling for parts just do races for them.

As for an industrial area, there are at least a few one of them being in the lower part of the city right where the hyperspace circuit is which is also the best race to do to build up a race spec vehicle. There was also another industrial area somewhere in the desert but I really don't remember where. Best bet is to just explore but for sure hyperspace circuit is in one.
  • Ivan1997GTA likes this

beretta-gt88
  • beretta-gt88

Muscle cars rule!

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 days ago

That's a great list of wraps by the way. I'm too lazy to create anything cool when there's a wide libary of skins for free. I could never top those wraps anyways.

Could it be that some of your wraps make it to those trendy lists and are among the most popular wraps? I saw a few cars skins. I'm 100% sure I saw the Volvo Hudson wrap. Gonna look you up tomorrow since I'm interested in the Saints Row 2 wrap, have to buy the Chev first though.

--

Btw, I'll ask again since some of you could skip my wall of text (can't blame you).

Is there an industrial or dock area in this game?

If you have any ideas for a wrap let me know

I just finished on Dodge Challenger from Pixar Cars Rod (Torque) Redline it's awesome! I even added the speedometer cluster behind the hood scoop just like on Cars 2 and chrome G4dxr emblems on the fenders

I didn't find any dock thought or boats.

TG_Stig
  • TG_Stig

Hustler

• Facade Corporation
  • Hong-Kong
  • Best Workshop 2017 (co-creator)

Posted 3 days ago

25830244698_ad21b4d6d5_h.jpg

39671091172_1a6eb8560e_h.jpg

• Audi and Chrome Toyota Prius like this

fashion
  • fashion

ಠ_ರೃ

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 2 days ago Edited by fashion, 2 days ago.

Gonna do a screenshot dump soon too.

Still really enjoying it, not with a forced, desperate smile like in NFS2015, but actually enjoying it. It's a game that I'm always excited to come back to.

Last time I checked, I was about 50% done with the main story. I also spend a lot of time grinding my cars and multiplayer. I managed to get my first derelict to 300+, the Nissan. Made it a drift car.

I also shamelessly stole a wrap to recreate the BMW M3 GTR from Most Wanted. It's not the same model but that lvl299 gives it the proper kick.

I just wish that the city was bigger and better. Fortune Valley still doesn't hold up to Bayview. How hard can it be? It looks disappointing at night. Just throw neon signs and bright lights everywhere ffs. It was suppossed to be like Vegas, not a cheap ripoff. They should've cut out one of the countryside/desert "regions" and made it part of the city. If 1/3rd of the map was city, we'd be gold.

I hope that players don't complain too much about the non city regions though. If they go back to 100% city again, I'd be pretty disappointed.
  • Ivan1997GTA and Chrome Toyota Prius like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users