Quantcast

» «
Photo

Which Platform has got The Best Graphics for GTA SA?

• This topic is locked This is a poll-only topic
23 replies to this topic

Poll: Which Platform has got The Best Graphics for GTA SA? (47 member(s) have cast votes)

Best Plat for GTA SA Graphics?

1. PC (20 votes [42.55%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.55%

2. PS2 (16 votes [34.04%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 34.04%

3. Xbox (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Xbox 360 (2 votes [4.26%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.26%

5. PS3 (3 votes [6.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.38%

6. Mobile (1 votes [2.13%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.13%

7. None/don't care. (5 votes [10.64%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.64%

Vote Guests cannot vote
The American Army 1775
  • The American Army 1775

The Protectors

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2017 - 01:59 PM Edited by lil weasel, 2 weeks ago.

What do you think? IMO, it's PS2.

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

Usually helpful, BUT very defensive upon disrespect

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 17 May 2017 - 02:10 PM Edited by ACM-Jan, 17 May 2017 - 02:11 PM.

pc, you can apply all other platforms graphics to it via mods

• Gunnalingus and Brian_O_Malley like this

Gummy 
  • Gummy 

F*ck thyself

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 May 2017 - 02:36 PM

In terms of graphical effects, like reflections, colours, and all that, I would say the PS4 version.

But for resolution, draw distance, and shadows, the PC version wins. 

Gmer
  • Gmer

Player Hater

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 17 May 2017 - 05:21 PM Edited by Gmer, 17 May 2017 - 05:33 PM.

MTA: San Andreas allows playing on gameservers with many mods, these mods can sometimes look better than what you can mod in your GTA installation.

This MTA is only for PC

http://multitheftauto.com

I'll add some mod showcasing here in a bit (for whats possible with MTA)

Let me start with this type of stuff:

https://www.youtube....h?v=eQORss0Bqyg

Bottom line: do you see anything else open up the GTA engine for infinite modding/graphics possibilities? PC platform

MTA SA too: https://youtu.be/Zl-HBvUg4U8?t=17

https://www.youtube....h?v=cOWW9eG5wpc

Some of those map mods are for GTA SA too, but I don't see your PS2 or anything else than a PC pull that off.

The reason it's on-topic: proving technical limitations on PC platform are way less than others.

gts.
  • gts.

Please do not walk on the grass

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2017 - 07:02 PM Edited by gts., 17 May 2017 - 07:05 PM.

Let's pretend that the modding capabilities doesn't exist. Then, I would say that the PS2 version has the best graphics and stuff, next the PC version. Original Xbox is almost the same as PC but with slighty differences and some PS2 features on it. And finally Mobile/PS3/Xbox 360 "remastered" version just sucks, the only lovely thing of them is the vehicle reflections.

And remember, PS4 version is the PS2 version emulated to 1080p, but graphically they are the same thing.

Arrow
  • Arrow

Bohemian Rhapsody

• Facade Corporation
  • India
  • Helpfulness Award [WD&P Mega Topic]

Posted 17 May 2017 - 07:22 PM

Playstation 2. Thanks to The Hero's SkyGFX you can bring PS2 Graphics to PC now as well.
  • Brian_O_Malley likes this

GeeMeek
  • GeeMeek

Player Hater

• Members
  • England

Posted 17 May 2017 - 07:49 PM

Playstation 2. Thanks to The Hero's SkyGFX you can bring PS2 Graphics to PC now as well.

Can you please elaborate?

Inadequate
  • Inadequate

Midnight Emulator

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 17 May 2017 - 08:27 PM

SkyGfx.

zombieslayer777
  • zombieslayer777

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2017 - 10:34 PM

i dont care i still love san andreas for its cheats 

• Gunnalingus likes this

GamesBoy316
  • GamesBoy316

Grove Street

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 May 2017 - 03:21 AM

I'm gonna go ahead and say the PS2 version. It has that unique orange atmosphere in the evenings, reflections, and really makes you feel like you're in the 90's (at least for me).

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 May 2017 - 08:33 AM

Raw in original form ? I'd say the PS2 version looks the best.

With enhancements ? The PC version with SkyGFX (PS2-style graphics in full 1080p HD), followed by the PS4 re-release version.

• ClaudeSpeed1911 and The American Army 1775 like this

Stoney0503
  • Stoney0503

Buster, Straight Buster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 19 May 2017 - 07:32 AM

PS4 or PC.

In it's original resolution on PS2, it looks painfully ugly, I'm glad they upscaled it in the PS4 release.
  • Official General likes this

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:22 AM

PS4 or PC.

In it's original resolution on PS2, it looks painfully ugly, I'm glad they upscaled it in the PS4 release.

I got the PS4 version too, and it's a massive improvement over the PS2 version. It's probably the best console version right now, the only issue is that it's missing some good songs off the original soundtrack.

Stoney0503
  • Stoney0503

Buster, Straight Buster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:57 PM

PS4 or PC.

I got the PS4 version too, and it's a massive improvement over the PS2 version. It's probably the best console version right now, the only issue is that it's missing some good songs off the original soundtrack.

Removed songs or not, it still beats GTA San Andreas: Plastic & Buggy edition.
  • Official General, ClaudeSpeed1911, The_Human and 1 other like this

Gunnalingus
  • Gunnalingus

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Gunnalingus, 3 weeks ago.

Only things cool in Playstation 2 version are sun efffects and reflections. I don't like the cartoony console atmosphere. I think atmosphere is cooler. more realistic on PC.  Same goes for colors.  Then consider weather effects (fog, rain. thunderstorms, dust storms etc.) and water quality. vegetation, texture detail... What version looks best, hard to tell. Every version has its own pros and cons.

I really would like to play authentic PS2 version one day. Skygfx is not the same thing. 

• ULTIMANTE.CVNT likes this

GeeMeek
  • GeeMeek

Player Hater

• Members
  • England

Posted 3 weeks ago

SkyGfx.

Thanks!

TakeshiSantos
  • TakeshiSantos

GTA Advance Fan

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 3 weeks ago

PS2 or X360/Mobile. The orange sky in PS2 is just too good...

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 3 weeks ago

I really would like to play authentic PS2 version one day. Skygfx is not the same thing.

PlayStation 4 Pro game is the PS2 game.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Only things cool in Playstation 2 version are sun efffects and reflections. I don't like the cartoony console atmosphere. I think atmosphere is cooler. more realistic on PC.  Same goes for colors.  Then consider weather effects (fog, rain. thunderstorms, dust storms etc.) and water quality. vegetation, texture detail... What version looks best, hard to tell. Every version has its own pros and cons.

Then play it on the PS4, it's the original PS2 game but in HD and minus a some songs from the soundtrack. 

SkyGFX makes the PC version even much better than all of them, so not sure why are trying to downplay it. 

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 3 weeks ago

I just remembered, In those olden days, I was able to play the PS2 game on a portable six inch screen TV. With the Prompts (tutorials) large enough to actually read.
  • Pyrrhic likes this

Gunnalingus
  • Gunnalingus

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Then play it on the PS4, it's the original PS2 game but in HD and minus a some songs from the soundtrack. 

SkyGFX makes the PC version even much better than all of them, so not sure why are trying to downplay it. 

If I had a PS4 then I would be playing GTAV or Mafia 3 instead of replaying old games on an old laptop.

It is not just "some songs" removed from newer releases. 2Pac's "I don't give a f*ck" , Ozzy's "Hellrazor" . "Killing In The Name of..." song - these tracks are the best tunes in SA. 

In my personal experience however. I'd say the best is vanilla pc game with silentpatch. Skygfx and mobile graphics mod just don't look right on a pc game.

Tomasak
  • Tomasak

Pray 4 OpenIV

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Spam Commando 2017
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]

Posted 3 weeks ago

PC modded > ps2 > "remastered" > xbox original > pc vanilla

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

If I had a PS4 then I would be playing GTAV or Mafia 3 instead of replaying old games on an old laptop.

It is not just "some songs" removed from newer releases. 2Pac's "I don't give a f*ck" , Ozzy's "Hellrazor" . "Killing In The Name of..." song - these tracks are the best tunes in SA. 

In my personal experience however. I'd say the best is vanilla pc game with silentpatch. Skygfx and mobile graphics mod just don't look right on a pc game.

Yeah you're right a lot of the soundtrack was ruined when those songs were taken out of the PS4 version. 

SkyGFX don't look right on PC are you nuts ? It's the original PS2 graphics, but way sharper and in HD, what more would you want ??  :blink: 

Crashbandicoot2
  • Crashbandicoot2

Strange and exotic sailor

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Honestly I never ever cared that much for graphics. As long as the game is good and I know that the devs tried their best to work with what they got its all good. But to answer the question I would say pc would have the best graphics due to the ability to mod the game and ps2 for nostalgia.
  • lil weasel likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users