• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Best GTA Photographer 2016
    Coolest Member 2016
    Best Character [Snap] 2016
    Mister Los Santos 2016 Winner
    [Snapmatic Awards 2015] Best Male Character

Posted A week ago

I tried it once to make my character older. Apparently it is impossible at this point.

I changed my second character from a twenty something with cornrows to a grey haired dude with lots of Sun damage etc...and he looks to be early to mid fifties for sure. Usually the oldest looking character in the lobby.

I wish we had more body styles though, I've wanted one of the heavier NPC body types you find since launch.

I'm 70-75 but I don't think any older is possible.

Maddened_Ghost
  • Maddened_Ghost

They mad bro...

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by Maddened_Ghost, A week ago.

I did, plenty and plenty of times 

right after the transfer from PS3

Spoiler

and now she looks like this after so many appearance changes.

Spoiler

• --V-- and Rippir1600 like this

Rippir1600
  • Rippir1600

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I recently tweaked Gils' nose. I have a troubling time touching him at all really, as he's been basically the same since I made him back when the PC version first launched. There's too many generic faux hawk characters in the game, and hopefully from this thread and others people can come up with more unique characters. 

c4nencj.jpg

Also what's the deal with the people in Online who completely cover their faces in skull tattoos, give their characters red eyes, and wear rebreathers and heist gear? It's just not classy or attractive imo. Like, give your character some character, don't make him some foul abomination from the depths of game mechanic hell.

i fail to see why people hate on the faux hawk so much, I mean doesn't it all just come down to personal preferrence, I see more people with the skull tattoo on their face on a day to day basis then I see people with faux hawks just in my sessions. My first character has one so I'm also a little partial. 

LL Cool L
  • LL Cool L

Super Homie - Baddie

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Oh yeah a few times..

from this:

Spoiler

to this:

Spoiler

and now its this:

Spoiler
  • AfroKloud and the J is for Julia like this

Rippir1600
  • Rippir1600

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by Rippir1600, A week ago.

Oh yeah a few times..

from this:

Spoiler

to this:
Spoiler

and now its this:
Spoiler

The changes look fairly different for each time. It's odd it's like it's different but not

I figured it out. In the first pics your character looks Hispanic. That's why.
  • LL Cool L likes this

LL Cool L
  • LL Cool L

Super Homie - Baddie

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Oh yeah a few times..

from this:

Spoiler

to this:
Spoiler

and now its this:
Spoiler

The changes look fairly different for each time. It's odd it's like it's different but not

yhhh I have loads of pics of my chars...

haircut, eyebrows and facial hair make a big difference...

I chose pics that showed the face clearly...the change are subtle but I deffo notice them

I also notice when I change the face, I change all my saved outfits and the clothes do not seem to match the face anymore...

Rippir1600
  • Rippir1600

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Oh yeah a few times..

from this:

Spoiler

to this:
Spoiler

and now its this:
Spoiler

yhhh I have loads of pics of my chars...

haircut, eyebrows and facial hair make a big difference...

I chose pics that showed the face clearly...the change are subtle but I deffo notice them

I also notice when I change the face, I change all my saved outfits and the clothes do not seem to match the face anymore...

Ya I kind of had a lesson the hard way about outfits and skin tones. My first character is fair skinned so even big bolded out tattoos on him don't look bad. On my second character who has more of a body builder light Bronze color dark tattoos look hideous.
  • LL Cool L likes this

Grand Theft Amanda
  • Grand Theft Amanda

Slaying is an art

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

I'd love to change my pretty behind, maybe people would stop ram it in races. 

Rippir1600
  • Rippir1600

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I'd love to change my pretty behind, maybe people would stop ram it in races. 

Aye for 100k you can.

Solid Scorpion
  • Solid Scorpion

Such a lust for GTA, Whoo?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

I haven't touched either chars appearance since transfer.

My dude looks Snake enough and even though I know my chick needs a nose job I haven't bothered.

I've got used to how they look now, changing 'em this far down the line would probably leave me feeling like I was playing as someone elses character.

Rippir1600
  • Rippir1600

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I haven't touched either chars appearance since transfer.
My dude looks Snake enough and even though I know my chick needs a nose job I haven't bothered.
I've got used to how they look now, changing 'em this far down the line would probably leave me feeling like I was playing as someone elses character.

For 100k it was just to irresistible for me.

21:6
  • 21:6

| v a p o r w a v e |

• Members
  • Mars

Posted A week ago Edited by 21:6, A week ago.

I don't care too much about appearance being that if I wanted to change it that much I'd go get a haircut or use a mask, and mostly I'm not really skilled at using the character creation system so my characters that I do put effort in come out looking like the have an extra chromosome.

Prince_Polaris
  • Prince_Polaris

Where did I park my Tornado?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by Prince_Polaris, A week ago.

I dunno how you guys could ever change your character, I didn't put much thought into making this guy and I've still fallen in love with him (no homo), we've been at it ever since level one, and if I get banned/reset we'll do it all over again!  (When I need a picture of something I take it on the spot so I guess this isn't the most flattering thing...  also can someone help me figure out what color top looks good on this thing? >:C)

20170521005821_1.jpg

Rippir1600
  • Rippir1600

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I dunno how you guys could ever change your character, I didn't put much thought into making this guy and I've still fallen in love with him (no homo), we've been at it ever since level one, and if I get banned/reset we'll do it all over again!  (When I need a picture of something I take it on the spot so I guess this isn't the most flattering thing...  also can someone help me figure out what color top looks good on this thing? >:C)

20170521005821_1.jpg

How did you take a picture outside the car in there

Prince_Polaris
  • Prince_Polaris

Where did I park my Tornado?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by Prince_Polaris, A week ago.

How did you take a picture outside the car in there

You just get out of the car lol

edit: I can post a screenshot of the specific option later if you want

FruitbatReturns
  • FruitbatReturns

Derpatologist.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted A week ago

I tried it once to make my character older. Apparently it is impossible at this point.

I changed my second character from a twenty something with cornrows to a grey haired dude with lots of Sun damage etc...and he looks to be early to mid fifties for sure. Usually the oldest looking character in the lobby.

I wish we had more body styles though, I've wanted one of the heavier NPC body types you find since launch.

Ok I see what you mean and I feel your pain. I'd love an octagenarian character,
a really frail and liverspotted Mr. Burns type but I'd want him in a chair being pushed by a nurse. She doesn't get a gun but she can turn your chair into the action and she can carry extra snacks.
  • R3CON likes this

Rippir1600
  • Rippir1600

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Ok I see what you mean and I feel your pain. I'd love an octagenarian character,
a really frail and liverspotted Mr. Burns type but I'd want him in a chair being pushed by a nurse. She doesn't get a gun but she can turn your chair into the action and she can carry extra snacks.

You have some wild ideas lol

benxrules
  • benxrules

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago

I recently tweaked Gils' nose. I have a troubling time touching him at all really, as he's been basically the same since I made him back when the PC version first launched. There's too many generic faux hawk characters in the game, and hopefully from this thread and others people can come up with more unique characters. 

c4nencj.jpg

Also what's the deal with the people in Online who completely cover their faces in skull tattoos, give their characters red eyes, and wear rebreathers and heist gear? It's just not classy or attractive imo. Like, give your character some character, don't make him some foul abomination from the depths of game mechanic hell.

i fail to see why people hate on the faux hawk so much, I mean doesn't it all just come down to personal preferrence, I see more people with the skull tattoo on their face on a day to day basis then I see people with faux hawks just in my sessions. My first character has one so I'm also a little partial. 

I can see someone genuinely liking the faux hawk as it's actually a decent hairstyle, but for most people (some friends even) who literally just started up online without changing anything, with the faux hawk being the defaulting hairstyle. I just kind of wish they put more effort into creating a unique character, instead of settling with default. I should've worded that better or clearer so I wouldn't seem so rude, but that's what I meant in that regard.

NefertitiThelma89
  • NefertitiThelma89

HBCU

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 6 days ago

Hannahs and Faux Hawks and Claudes swarm this site. They are what the RNG fashion trend is to freemode. Yes I've changed my characters billions of times before and after. My main character looks like a chubby cheeked mixed girl on first gen. After being literally dry humped by a hacker, I changed her dramatically. Now she's a badass, brains, and beauty. Every time I edit, I make her a little darker. My standard, peanut butter complexion or darker. Players avoid that melanin slider like the plague lol

AfroKloud
  • AfroKloud

AK . (Abbrev. for my username)

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 5 days ago Edited by AfroKloud, 4 days ago.

I can honestly say...yes. Yes I have. Majority of the time, it's editing my female character constantly than my male character in the past. It's now 50-50 after taking more effort in editing my male character currently.

My struggle on it with Aria in the past is tweaking her cheekbones, maybe her lips, chin profiling, and her chin shape. Now, I gotta struggle with it again on XB1. On top of that, I don't have a lot of variety when it comes to the women's hairstyles in game other than just 5.

Twisty Bob
Wavy Bob
Pin Up Girl
Long Bob
And that one curly ponytail from LCC update.

So some may fit her, some may not. Depends on how I dress her, how she looks in her selfies, and how she looks on Rockstar Editor. Strangely, I put more effort on her and the the way she dresses and go out to LS than Andre. I'm starting to study more on women's fashion, which is a challenge for me along with women's makeup. And besides the wavy bob, I always have an urge to switch each of those hairstyles weekly.

Now for Andre, lately, I've taken interest in tweaking with his features, and to make him stand out other than looking like other casual players.

Hopefully, they'll have new hairstyles. I can only wear out a buzzcut and dreadlocks without hats (besides dreadlocks), or with hats, and/or beanies for now.

CaptSpalding
  • CaptSpalding

Capt Spalding

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 days ago

Not I, perfection cannot be improved.

DedSoolp55
  • DedSoolp55

PS3/PS4/PC

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 days ago

I've redone my character twice, I've done all I can honestly but I still want to improve her. :/

Spoiler

Karlitoz-E
  • Karlitoz-E

SiiR

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 4 days ago

I have never edited since day one

Black Terminator
  • Black Terminator

Black Widow

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 days ago

I have only done my female character one time is because of that mask mess back in 2015.

But right now my Vanessa "Black Widow Santiago" and Jr "The Joker" Prince characters are fine with their appearances. 

Personal
  • Personal

you're a fraud

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 days ago

Players avoid that melanin slider like the plague lol

This couldn't be any closer to the truth lmao

TankGirl
  • TankGirl

Jets are a girls bestfriend :)

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 days ago Edited by TankGirl, 4 days ago.

My character did get plastic surgery as I call it.

The first pic is what she looks like now and the second was before the change in her appearence.

pink_zpsumdek7zw.jpg

0aNis7QwYECquJwmG3AJxw_0_0_zps83jxy3z2.j

Nerfgoth
  • Nerfgoth

Thug

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 3 days ago

I got a question! My girl character has a skin that is a cross between rubber and leather. Any tips to fix it?

wei wei
  • wei wei

• Members

Posted 2 days ago

i'm content with my character. i got bored and tried to make her look better, but i'm just not good with those sliders. i consider myself lucky that i got my character looking as good as she does. of course i've seen a others on this forum who have done a much better job.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users