127 replies to this topic
Big_Show
  • Big_Show

GTAO Junkie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:04 AM

Well I've changed both character's appearance more than I'd like to admit.\

For someone as indecisive as me I love having the ability to change my character's appearance whenever I want. 

Prince_Polaris
  • Prince_Polaris

Where did I park my Tornado?

• Members
  • United-States
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:06 AM

Edited? More like changed. Did it for my female character

Went from this

Spoiler

To this

Spoiler

I'm very happy with it

You done killed her and replaced her with someone else

• livejoker, Milesinho and HKM87 like this

Rippir1600
  • Rippir1600

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:11 AM

Edited? More like changed. Did it for my female character

Went from this

Spoiler

To this

Spoiler

I'm very happy with it

That is a drastic change lol. Your a new person. 

Guy with a Beer
  • Guy with a Beer

Snitch

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 May 2017 - 07:48 AM Edited by Guy with a Beer, 18 May 2017 - 07:48 AM.

A month or two back I decided to change my character for the first time since PS4 release (only minor changes then).

This time the change was wholesale. The only thing I didn't change was the sex of my character (couldn't find an option... grrr)

Instead of my original white late 20s character I now have a black 50-60 something year old who has seen his fair share of battles and looks more fitting of the GTA universe.

Rippir1600
  • Rippir1600

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 May 2017 - 09:25 AM

A month or two back I decided to change my character for the first time since PS4 release (only minor changes then).

This time the change was wholesale. The only thing I didn't change was the sex of my character (couldn't find an option... grrr)

Instead of my original white late 20s character I now have a black 50-60 something year old who has seen his fair share of battles and looks more fitting of the GTA universe.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Los Santos is based off LA if I remember correctly which has a pretty diverse population of various types of people that live there. Not just older black men. Just sayin...Like most people can't even afford to live in LA. But I'm not gonna get into the whole stereo types of that city, but lets just say for the record that LA is pretty diverse. 

Kind of a slap to the face to anyone who made a youthful looking character that's not black if you catch my drift.

• RomeoAlpha likes this

livejoker
  • livejoker

October 1st

• Van Society
  • None
  • Funniest Member 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016
    14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017

Posted 18 May 2017 - 09:37 AM

I think Guy with a Beer was hinting that his character is more in tune with how San Andreas' daily activity of fighting constantly. It's more befitting having an older character if you've been playing GTA for a while (having the character go from old-gen and having a few more wrinkles or stress lines, you know?). Making him 40+ years old in one shot is definitely a big change but some people do like to fit more in the overall world as an older character and see themselves as a character with experience and knowledge compared to a younger character who fits more the bill of having the drive for action.

Don't take it personally if someone says they made an aged character lol. "Slap to the face" is a bit much. As for the change of race you're looking at it the wrong way. You're grouping him up on his own rather than taking his character into consideration with all the different ethnicity the other players have as their character. You said it yourself that the real-life counterpart of SA is diverse so why can't he play as an African-American character?

Now that's kind of a slap to the face for anyone wanting to play as someone not white and young.

size_m
  • size_m

no, it's not a hot dog!

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 May 2017 - 09:43 AM

Well i would have done this with my second character.
The problem is that as soon as i switch to her the cop outfit she is wearing would get deleted because it got blacklisted (Its still there right now since she wars it in director mode).

but then you could never use your second character again.

because the cop outfit will be blacklisted for ever and as soon as you enter an online session you will lose it.

so what's the reason for keeping the cop uniform (in mind) if you will never be able to actually wear it in the game?

that doesn't make sense.

Guy with a Beer
  • Guy with a Beer

Snitch

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 May 2017 - 10:46 AM Edited by Guy with a Beer, 18 May 2017 - 10:47 AM.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Los Santos is based off LA if I remember correctly which has a pretty diverse population of various types of people that live there. Not just older black men. Just sayin...Like most people can't even afford to live in LA. But I'm not gonna get into the whole stereo types of that city, but lets just say for the record that LA is pretty diverse. 

Kind of a slap to the face to anyone who made a youthful looking character that's not black if you catch my drift.
Off your high horse princess. Just because I say something is more fitting of GTA doesn't mean it is a generalisation that everybody in the real world is like my character.

My original character was pretty flawless. Now he has got the marks to show he's grown up in the rough world of GTA. Not LA. Not anywhere else.... GTA.

Colour and age were brought into it to emphasize the large changes I made to my character's appearance, which is what this thread is all about.

I mean really... Has the world gotten to the point you can't describe the physical appearance of a character in a video game without offending somebody. If that's the case then I want to live on a different planet because the lefties have ruined this one.
  • Opzeker, KWF1981 and Yinepi like this

Yinepi
  • Yinepi

Wepwawet Wannabe

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 18 May 2017 - 10:52 AM

I have tried changing my character a few times. Once when he was first created, then again when the 100k feature was introduced, then just a month ago when I had my account reset. I can't ever get the face right. The cheeks are either too wide, or too small. Same for the nose. I can't stand looking at his ugly eyelash-less face, and that's why my character always wear a fox mask.

Spoiler

The creation system is horrible in this game. I mean, presets? Who uses presets still? The Sims 2 has better customization than this and it was released in 2004. Rockstar really needs to drastically improve this feature for GTAO2. If not to The Sims standard, then at least to what was used in Saints Row 3.

Actually, I guess I can see a slight resemblance to the Hortler meme. My character can look equally mentally challenged in cutscenes.

To be truhthful and brutally honest, what GTA Online character doesn't look mentally challenged in cutscenes?

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Rolling Thunder

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 18 May 2017 - 10:55 AM Edited by Gridl0k, 18 May 2017 - 10:56 AM.

I paid $100K to get rid of the herpes I jokingly put on my secondary's face when I made her in a hurry for a glitch or some sh*t 3 years ago.

Thanks, Obama!

Other than that I'm averse to changing my guy after so long. 

Rippir1600
  • Rippir1600

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 May 2017 - 12:10 PM

Off your high horse princess. Just because I say something is more fitting of GTA doesn't mean it is a generalisation that everybody in the real world is like my character.

My original character was pretty flawless. Now he has got the marks to show he's grown up in the rough world of GTA. Not LA. Not anywhere else.... GTA.

Colour and age were brought into it to emphasize the large changes I made to my character's appearance, which is what this thread is all about.

I mean really... Has the world gotten to the point you can't describe the physical appearance of a character in a video game without offending somebody. If that's the case then I want to live on a different planet because the lefties have ruined this one.

You gotta run around throwing insults now? I've been polite to you this entire time dude, either debate like an adult or leave the thread.
  • RomeoAlpha likes this

Khephera
  • Khephera

The Neter against the Neteru

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 18 May 2017 - 01:19 PM

oh that´s so sweet from you , Khephera ! :) well I tried to make him look like me and I succeeded to a certain extent , although his facial expression is more "badboy´ish" than mine ... I´m a nice guy :p but I´m having his beard right now , at least :D

she looks really good too BTW ;) she´s badass too ;) she´s you IRL ;)

Thanks. :D But, uhm, at least I didn't kill 23,500 cops IRL  lmao
Beards rock btw., don't really like a clean shaved baby-face. :p 

• nido997 likes this

DoucheBagForum
  • DoucheBagForum

Protect the rule from a unbiased perspective

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 May 2017 - 01:26 PM

Rockstar took away the change gender option before appearance change was a choice because they didn't want to fix the nipple and invisible glitch.

100k for a appearance change is overkill over price since it doesn't look 100% in cas. 

Ghoffman9
  • Ghoffman9

Friendly?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 May 2017 - 01:33 PM

All this talk of character appearances makes me hope we get a better character creator in Red Dead Redemption 2 and Gta 6, cause my god the creator in this game is a train wreck.

I don't think it's actually all that bad. It's pretty detailed but it's mainly for facial. If anything I want different body types back. I mean the only way to make my character look like he hasn't lived in a dark basement for 10 years is to really darken the skin. I enjoyed the gym and the little boxing feature that went with it in San andreas. If they would even just add different body builds without a gym I'd be happy.

In older games from an older generation yes, but by the standards of today not so much. You have barely any control over and cannot perfectly make a character the way you want them to look. Picking between grand parents and parents is such a horrible system and that whole system is basically making you choose between presets. Other games have done much better and gave you more control.

While I understand where you're coming from I just disagree, to me what's missing is various body types, the detailing for facial is enough to suite me, I started online gaming on "City of Heroes" which is a game with so much customization that its ridiculous so I can definitely understand your frustration when it comes to the lack of detailing but bare in mind that saints row went that route of you can customize practically everything and the game is deplorable after you beat the story, its a bland boring game. So personally I think I'd rather keep the atmosphere of where its currently at then possibly trade off for that, but again, this is just my opinion.

I do agree with you on the limited archaic faces to choose from and you mentioned facial scultping, I'm not sure how long ago you last played around with it but I did yesterday and I can with 100% certainty tell you that there is face scultping, you can just go with the presets and choose to look like either mom or dad more and skin complexion but it also goes more in depth and I say that because again i literally touched up on this yesterday when I was playing around with it contouring my characters face and sculpting him into what I wanted him to be.

It goes as far with the scultping to give you a pretty decent sized grid to where you can place the dot in something like 20 squares which all sculpt your face and adjust it to a degree, you can add moles, freckles, how weathered your skin looks, whether your aging, etc.

Again I do agree with you that at first glance it does come off as archaic, IF YOU DON'T PLAY AROUND WITH IT IN DEPTH though. Which I did.

I really don't think it's as limited as you're remembering it being.

Does not change the fact you're only making slight alterations to a preset. For me I could not get my character the way I wanted them perfectly. Where one preset had one feature I wanted, the rest of it however I did not like but was held by other presets. I changed my character's appearance about 3 months ago so I seen the new stuff, and it is not much better. I spent a looooong time mixing presets to at least get within the ball park of what I was looking for.

You still are mashing two presets together and hoping for the best, and making slight alterations.

This system makes an already long process and even longer one by making things indirect and complex when it needs to be direct and straightforward. You should be able to directly choose what you want instead of mixing presets together through a family tree system and hoping for the best. That whole process becomes a "will it blend?" mini game straight out of hell. Drives you mad trying to get exactly what you want through the trial and error process of blending together presets.

Character customization in a nutshell

-SUFF-
  • -SUFF-

GetDisMoney

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 May 2017 - 02:36 PM

I've only adjusted a few little things when i transferred over. Didn't change anything since then but right after they release the new option i decided to completely change my appearance.

Original

Spoiler

New

Spoiler

It didn't last that long tho cause i'm too used to my original character that i decided to change him back. "Once you go black you never go back" isn't true at all.

RomeoAlpha
  • RomeoAlpha

Dark Knight

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 May 2017 - 03:52 PM

or8ac5.jpgMy character is almost as sexy as me

nido997
  • nido997

Living in the City of Dreams

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 18 May 2017 - 07:23 PM

oh that´s so sweet from you , Khephera ! :) well I tried to make him look like me and I succeeded to a certain extent , although his facial expression is more "badboy´ish" than mine ... I´m a nice guy :p but I´m having his beard right now , at least :D

she looks really good too BTW ;) she´s badass too ;) she´s you IRL ;)

Thanks. :D But, uhm, at least I didn't kill 23,500 cops IRL  lmao
Beards rock btw., don't really like a clean shaved baby-face. :p

yeah , I like beards too ;)

Guy with a Beer
  • Guy with a Beer

Snitch

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 May 2017 - 10:18 PM

You gotta run around throwing insults now? I've been polite to you this entire time dude, either debate like an adult or leave the thread.

Ahhh.... I take it your one of those people who target one word in a 100 word post and then twist it to vilify the poster, thus making yourself look all high and mighty in the process. It's the cancer of modern society unfortunately.

I came here to post on topic and YOU chose to make some kind of issue out of nothing. And if you can't handle being called a princess then I kindly suggest you refrain from making unwarranted attacks on other people's posts.

I'm done with you now, you're not worth anymore of my time.
  • KWF1981 likes this

Rippir1600
  • Rippir1600

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 May 2017 - 10:26 PM

Ahhh.... I take it your one of those people who target one word in a 100 word post and then twist it to vilify the poster, thus making yourself look all high and mighty in the process. It's the cancer of modern society unfortunately.

I came here to post on topic and YOU chose to make some kind of issue out of nothing. And if you can't handle being called a princess then I kindly suggest you refrain from making unwarranted attacks on other people's posts.

I'm done with you now, you're not worth anymore of my time.

Your hostile and I don't feel like dealing with it. Bye

HKM87
  • HKM87

HotRod

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:36 AM

You done killed her and replaced her with someone else

That is a drastic change lol. Your a new person.

Yup. Change of girlfriend; change of female online character.

Shaytan
  • Shaytan

"It can't be that difficult"

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:43 AM

I would edit my character if Rockstar finally allowed females' skin not to look like sandpaper. Otherwise, I'm quite ok with her looks. I don't think my character would get the best looking award but by no means it's ugly either. She looks "normal" making her realistic thus beautiful and unique imo so I don't find a need to spend money just to try to perfect this and that detail.

The real question, though, is why all the stereotypical slav male faced male/female characters with semi closed eyes haven't been saved yet.

IceDree
  • IceDree

Concierge Of Crime 💀

• Members
  • Saudi-Arabia

Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:03 AM Edited by IceDree, 19 May 2017 - 02:05 AM.

I have done some work in March, I think Mark looks more natural now.

33078073041_1ceb7e5485_o.png
On the left, Before the surgery (sorry I don't have a better close up before the surgery).
On the right, After the surgery.

Kushology
  • Kushology

Bleeding Green

• Members
  • Canada
  • Biggest Pervert
    Nicest Canadian

Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:39 AM

Haven't used it.. I used the character creator on and off for two years on my second character slot. Deleted it then did the glitch for my main character, before it was an option..

I don't see myself using it, ever. I know people that have used it though.

benxrules
  • benxrules

Dabbing Enthusiast

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:57 AM Edited by benxrules, 19 May 2017 - 04:04 AM.

I recently tweaked Gils' nose. I have a troubling time touching him at all really, as he's been basically the same since I made him back when the PC version first launched. There's too many generic faux hawk characters in the game, and hopefully from this thread and others people can come up with more unique characters. 

c4nencj.jpg

Also what's the deal with the people in Online who completely cover their faces in skull tattoos, give their characters red eyes, and wear rebreathers and heist gear? It's just not classy or attractive imo. Like, give your character some character, don't make him some foul abomination from the depths of game mechanic hell.

• AfroKloud likes this

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:32 AM

Only change I do would give him a whiter skin tone. When I had to create my character again after the mess in 2013, I didn't really give a damn. Just wanted a white guy and I'd play with him.

I have noticed he's not the whitest though, and I kinda want to make him look more white. I don't think it's worth 100 k though, and I'm worried I'll mess something up. He's perfect skin tone aside. He looks a bit like me actually, only not the right shade of white. 

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Rolling Thunder

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:37 AM

I miss that time you would change ethnicity at random, that's the kind of appearance change I'd pay for.

FY3YOck.jpg

I'm getting too old for this sh*t.

Perez84
  • Perez84

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:40 AM

Changed my female's appearance. She's much more cute now.

Hellbendzor
  • Hellbendzor

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:42 PM

My female 'Zornia' will never be changed. When I created her 1.5 years ago, I took my  time. It must have been a few hours of deciding, changing, tweaking,...

She's far from perfect, but we've spent so many hours over the past year and a half, I couldn't bring myself to change her in even a tiny way. She is who she is and I like her alot. If I change her up, she wouldn't be Zornia...

For my male I rather have the option to bulk him up a lil, just like in GTA San andreas... That's an option I miss alot... My avatar there spent ALOT of time exercising the weights, ehhe... Loved that feature, they should bring it into GTA online too...

The-Irish-Hunter
  • The-Irish-Hunter

God is real, and he is an Attack Helicopter.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:00 PM

I haven't. I probably will eventually though. No good ideas right now.

FruitbatReturns
  • FruitbatReturns

Derpatologist.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:20 PM

I tried it once to make my character older. Apparently it is impossible at this point.

I changed my second character from a twenty something with cornrows to a grey haired dude with lots of Sun damage etc...and he looks to be early to mid fifties for sure. Usually the oldest looking character in the lobby.

I wish we had more body styles though, I've wanted one of the heavier NPC body types you find since launch.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users