Quantcast

» «
Photo

Most Popular Grand Theft Auto Game?

40 replies to this topic

Poll: Pick One (66 member(s) have cast votes)

Which One Of Them Was More Popular

1. GTA 1 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. GTA 2 (1 votes [1.52%])

Percentage of vote: 1.52%

3. GTA 3 (1 votes [1.52%])

4. GTA Vice City (1 votes [1.52%])

5. GTA San Andreas (26 votes [39.39%])

Percentage of vote: 39.39%

6. GTA Liberty City Stories (0 votes [0.00%])

7. GTA Vice City Stories (0 votes [0.00%])

8. GTA IV (7 votes [10.61%])

Percentage of vote: 10.61%

9. GTA TLAD (0 votes [0.00%])

10. GTA TBOGT (0 votes [0.00%])

11. GTA V (24 votes [36.36%])

Percentage of vote: 36.36%

12. GTA Online (6 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Marty892
  • Marty892

Playa

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 21 July 2017 - 09:07 PM

GTA III is better looking than Vice City and San Andreas. Let me tell you a little story. When I first got GTA VC (I was way too young but that's how it went.) and put it in my PS2, I noticed that the graphics were crappy on the very first day. At eight years old I could tell the graphics were a step down. It doesn't have the smoothness of III's graphics and everything is blockier and chunkier. San Andreas is arguably even worse because it's even more blocky and choppy. As the worlds got bigger, the graphics got more and more ugly. III was a couple of years ahead of its time for 2001. All three look old now but that was last decade. Technically, Vice City didn't improve on much of anything over III. The cars handle the same and the combat is pretty much identical. SA improved on the driving and the combat and still has the best hand to hand system of any of the games.

its your opinion I guess, but most of what you said is just not true, you need to replay these games

>GTA III is better looking than Vice City and San Andreas

>VC doesn't have the smoothness of III's graphics and everything is blockier and chunkier

>Technically, Vice City didn't improve on much of anything over III

>The cars handle the same in III and VC

>SA improved on the driving

GTA III was more blocky and blurry than VC and even more than SA,

you can easily see the difference by looking at the characters. III was literally blocky

VC did improve in many ways over III, even though most of the changes were pretty minor (VC was released just a year later) they did refined physics (cars had more weight, body roll and just handled better in general) no more light weighted crazy arcade driving, so cars didnt handle the same.

And later SA kinda screw it up, cars didn't handle as smooth and were too stiff I never really liked it.

Dee.
  • Dee.

GTAV= Style over substance

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 July 2017 - 11:58 PM

Unfortunately its GTAV

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Members
  • Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 22 July 2017 - 12:51 AM

GTA SA no doubt. I mean its definitely not my favourite but you cant deny how popular it is.  Then its GTA V and Online.

The fanbase sadly prefers more over the top "fun" instead of a good story and characters. IV is really not well liked among the general GTA community.

Over the top fun with outsell repetitive Ness anymtime. Rockstar had vice city and San Andreas then they took a step back with 4and stripped features. Just because the optd for a darker fritter story doesn't mean they had to sacrifice the fun, that where gta IV failed. Along those lines I think the story lingered longer than it should . It should've been 4or five missions shorter either that or or the game could've had more missions that wasn't go here shoot these guys. For example the game could've used more missions like "out of the closet" or I'll take her or bull in a China shop orflat line.

Why would 4 or 5 missions make that much of a difference? It would only be about 30 minutes to an hour shorter. Eh I enjoy GTA IV's "long" story. Made me feel like I was experiencing an epic tale like the brilliant Once Upon A Time In America or Goodfellas (Before anyone loses their mind. I'm not saying GTA IV's story's as good as those movies, but the experience is) . Unlike GTA V that was way too short for its own good to support three protagonists and their individual stories..

As for the "go here, kill these guys" missions as a long time fan of the series for nearly 20 years these have always been the bulk of missions in every GTA game from GTA 1 up until now. Vice City and San Andreas have loads of missions where you have to go to some location to shoot up people. It's hilarious how it's always swept under the rug to make them seem like they're an exception.

At least in GTA IV the missions have a sense of consistency (which IMO the 3D era did NOT have) with Niko's backstory and his role as a hired gun. I'll take that over "over the top fun" any day.:)

• Kevert, Journey_95, Payne Killer and 2 others like this

Son of Zeus
  • Son of Zeus

Still King

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 July 2017 - 08:59 AM Edited by Son of Zeus, 22 July 2017 - 09:02 AM.

GTA SA no doubt. I mean its definitely not my favourite but you cant deny how popular it is.  Then its GTA V and Online.

The fanbase sadly prefers more over the top "fun" instead of a good story and characters. IV is really not well liked among the general GTA community.

Over the top fun with outsell repetitive Ness anymtime. Rockstar had vice city and San Andreas then they took a step back with 4and stripped features. Just because the optd for a darker fritter story doesn't mean they had to sacrifice the fun, that where gta IV failed. Along those lines I think the story lingered longer than it should . It should've been 4or five missions shorter either that or or the game could've had more missions that wasn't go here shoot these guys. For example the game could've used more missions like "out of the closet" or I'll take her or bull in a China shop orflat line.

Agreed. IV was too grounded for is own good. It felt too long because of the boring missions. The darker tone wasn't the problem for me, the weak gameplay was. Look at RDR, it's serious too but keeps the story compact and also offered a lot of things to do. IV would've worked better as a TV show.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 July 2017 - 03:22 PM

Nearly four years after V was released and it is still in the top 10. No matter what this forum thinks it is no doubt it has been a resounding success. I love IV just as much as most of this forum but people need to accept the fact that it isn't what most of the public want from GTA.

• Gummy  and SmokesWithCigs like this

SmokesWithCigs
  • SmokesWithCigs

recovering addict

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2017 - 08:54 PM

Why would 4 or 5 missions make that much of a difference? It would only be about 30 minutes to an hour shorter. Eh I enjoy GTA IV's "long" story. Made me feel like I was experiencing an epic tale like the brilliant Once Upon A Time In America or Goodfellas (Before anyone loses their mind. I'm not saying GTA IV's story's as good as those movies, but the experience is) . Unlike GTA V that was way too short for its own good to support three protagonists and their individual stories..

As for the "go here, kill these guys" missions as a long time fan of the series for nearly 20 years these have always been the bulk of missions in every GTA game from GTA 1 up until now. Vice City and San Andreas have loads of missions where you have to go to some location to shoot up people. It's hilarious how it's always swept under the rug to make them seem like they're an exception.

At least in GTA IV the missions have a sense of consistency (which IMO the 3D era did NOT have) with Niko's backstory and his role as a hired gun. I'll take that over "over the top fun" any day.:)

Tbh I wouldn't want to play a game with three characters having a long story.while it's true that franklims part of the story wasn't fleshed out enough I feel that 72 missions is enough considering all he side content in the game. There enough back and forth in the game as it is. Also look at rdr it only has 58 missions and ive never heard anyone complain about it being too short.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 July 2017 - 09:25 PM

I still think V should have gotten a more serious and darker SP DLC. Why not throw a bone to the IV fans the way SA fans got one with TBOGT though this forum probably would have still trashed it.

• Jeansowaty likes this

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

Grand Theft Auto V: A huge improvement over snore (IV)

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 23 July 2017 - 02:23 AM Edited by CGFforLife, 23 July 2017 - 02:27 AM.

1. GTASA because it was the game that introduce me and probably half of the world to GTA Series, and also it still active till today
  2. GTAV because it sold 80 million, and also because everyone hyped with the game
  3. GTAIII and VC did popular for it's time

Also GTASA and GTAV is the most popular game in my country 

TheOneLibertonian
  • TheOneLibertonian

Only those who die get closure, the living do not.

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 27 July 2017 - 06:56 AM Edited by TheOneLibertonian, 27 July 2017 - 06:59 AM.

Even though V and San Andreas were the most popular GTA games out there with their zany OTT tones and moments, I prefer the more subdued, and focused games like TLAD and GTA IV. V and SA were great games to their own especially with short bursts of messing around, and I can see why people love those games. On the other hand I just prefer the more focused and reserved GTA titles like IV and TLAD. I really enjoy the mindless and chaotic playground V and SA had, but IV had that expansiveness, that mystery, that ambiguity, and that little tiny bit of brilliance in every single corner the game takes you. Unlike most games in the series; IV had a more personal side to it that grips you from start to finish. In hindsight, it immerses you into the overall experience. You, the player isn't just playing the game, but also stepping into Niko's shoes and exploring the city to it's glitz and glamour, and to it's dark and nasty criminal underworld.

The very best games aren't just games, but also an artistic experience. That is what separates IV to SA and V, and also why most people overlook IV. It's just like comparing big blockbuster superhero movies which are great to their own, but they do lack the creativity, and emotion that other films like Dunkirk and War for the Planet of the Apes have. The former being extremely popular and make a lot of money, and the latter do make tons of money too, but often overlooked by most casual moviegoers, whereas gain critical acclaim with critics.

• Algonquin Assassin likes this

Mr_Rager
  • Mr_Rager

weight of the wind

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 July 2017 - 09:30 AM

GTA SA is popular across the globe with its mod community and SAMP, gonna go with SA.

GrudgefromSanAndreas
  • GrudgefromSanAndreas

Straight outta Pluton's Ass

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 27 July 2017 - 09:52 AM

It's hard to tell if V or SA but i voted for V based on sales

It's kinda oscillating

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users