• The Connection
  • Ireland
  • Most Corrupt Staff 2015
    Contribution Award [GTA Online]
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Top c*nt 👍

Posted A week ago

6HFzzpc.jpg

Just announced. Details are probably going to come @Ubisoft's Press Conference at E3.

Where do you hope it's set? I hope it's set in Canada or Mexico.
  • Mister Pink, Riqitch8, RedDagger and 5 others like this

H52VERGR52VER
  • H52VERGR52VER

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

CANT WAITTT.. it better not have the same lobby problems like the last one. The graphics will hopefully be a big step up from the first one also.

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

The Infidel

• Members
  • Japan

Posted A week ago

Hopefully they won't shut down original The Crew.

• Mister Pink, anthony, LightningLord and 2 others like this

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted A week ago Edited by SouthLand, A week ago.

Such an underrated game...

There where many things that made The Crew a great game but the main thing was the huge map. I loved to cruise around or do big trips around the country.

If i had to pick, i would love the game to be set in Asia, especially here:

Spoiler

Where you could do Touge races/ drift and even highway races in Hong Kong, street racing and quarter mile races in Macau and even circuit races in the Zhuhai Circuit in China. Also, China is a RHD country and Macau and HK are LHD so that could also be cool to switch.

Anyways,

this is a list I want for The Crew 2:

- States/Regions. I missed in The Crew that there where no States and it's signs. Sometimes i didn't know if i was driving in Arizona or New Mexico.

- Border Crossings

-Hangout places like Gas Stations, Mall Parkings, Diners, Lookouts...

- More Radio Stations.

- Offroad parks

- Better car customization. Especially rims, where you could only buy the same wheel in Gold, White or silver colors.

- NO Always Online Connection to play the game.

- Easier connection to play with friends. I always dealt with a lot of sh*t everytime i wanted to play with one friend (We both had a PS4)

- More hot hatchbacks, and "cheap" cars ($25,000 - $45,000) .

- More Bike brands like; Suzuki, Honda, Yamaha

- Character appearance customization.

- AI cars license plate change to the state/region/province  you are currently driving in.

• Mister Pink, AndyGanteks, livejoker and 4 others like this

Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

I know plenty of people like it, but I just wish they'd drop the "Need for Speed" angle of it, the whole street racers vs cops thing. The team who make The Crew are the guys who made TDU on the old consoles and while those games were by no means perfect, they had a certain charm to it. It was just about the cars and a huge world to drive them in and I'd love for them to try and bring some of that back in.

But other than that, the upgrading aspect was completely unorthodox for me. No problem with upgrading the cars but the whole Diablo style aspect of it was super odd for me. A more sim/NFS-like mod system would be great. Throw that in with some better physics and visuals and I'll be interested.

• Arthur Fookin Shelby likes this

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted A week ago

^Yeah, TDU was great. Especially owning houses and driving through Ibiza on TDU 2.

• Mister Pink likes this

Noale
  • Noale

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted A week ago

I loved TDU 2. Apart from owning garages and houses, they even had some slight character customization. But best of all, there were motorcycles. Luckily, TDU 3 is confirmed last I checked.

• ClaudeSpeed1911, Ivan1997GTA and Arthur Fookin Shelby like this

Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

I loved TDU 2. Apart from owning garages and houses, they even had some slight character customization. But best of all, there were motorcycles. Luckily, TDU 3 is confirmed last I checked.

Damn, that's news to me, dunno how that slipped under my radar. Sounds like it's a few years away still though. :(

• ClaudeSpeed1911 likes this

luisniko
  • luisniko

Cyuu cyuu

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

I don't care which country, because I bet it'll be cool.

All I want is ability to play offline, less grindy gameplay, no more jackpot reward system, and no more GTAOnline-like bullsh*t economy. Unlikely to happen, but those are my wishes.
  • Mister Pink, B Dawg, ClaudeSpeed1911 and 2 others like this

Noale
  • Noale

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted A week ago

Damn, that's news to me, dunno how that slipped under my radar. Sounds like it's a few years away still though. :(

Surprised me too. :lol: The Test Drive series means nothing to most gamers nowadays. Only the older players will truly remember the series. It's a shame too, because the loss of the Test Drive series would be one of the biggest losses in racing games.

Test Drive has been around since I was a kid, and that was one of the racing franchises I grew up on, along with Gran Turismo, NFS, and Ridge Racer. I'm just glad the series hasn't been left for dead quite yet. I just hope the folks who picked up the franchise don't screw it up. With Forza Horizon now on PC, TDU3 and The Crew 2 have their work cut out for them.

• ClaudeSpeed1911, Ivan1997GTA and Arthur Fookin Shelby like this

Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

Surprised me too. :lol: The Test Drive series means nothing to most gamers nowadays. Only the older players will truly remember the series. It's a shame too, because the loss of the Test Drive series would be one of the biggest losses in racing games.

Test Drive has been around since I was a kid, and that was one of the racing franchises I grew up on, along with Gran Turismo, NFS, and Ridge Racer. I'm just glad the series hasn't been left for dead quite yet. I just hope the folks who picked up the franchise don't screw it up. With Forza Horizon now on PC, TDU3 and The Crew 2 have their work cut out for them.

Yea the TD franchise has been around a good while but it was horribly mismanaged before it faded away a few years back sadly. They did that whole Test Drive: Ferrari game which was completely pointless a few years back and TDU2 came out way too early and was nigh unplayable at times during the first few months which didn't do the game any favours. I keep meaning to pick up Horizon 3 now that's it out on PC cause it matches the "it's just about the cars" aspect that I loved from TDU and not the cop vs street racer stuff which doesn't interest me personally, but I'd miss the sheer scale of TDU and even The Crew's map so it'd probably end up as just another racer for me. Open world driving games are just an itch I've been unable to scratch sadly. Here's hoping The Crew 2 can answer some of my prayers.

• ClaudeSpeed1911 likes this

livejoker
  • livejoker

Look Deep In My Eyes As I Touch You

• Mountain Bike Society
  • None
  • Funniest Member 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted A week ago

Wow, this is awesome news!

I'll be honest, I'm not the biggest TC fan. The map was really the selling point for me but getting cars was overwhelming. So much to do, hard to get money....at least when I gave it a shot. Personally, I found it a very hard game to get into and the story was so f*cking cliché that I groaned whenever a cutscene started playing. I'm hoping TC2 makes it a bit easier to get into things and as Southland said more cheaper cars! Been scraping by with a Skyline and an old Mustang yet both cars look like showroom quality. I'd love to have to repair cars, buy them used up, etc. Most of all I know it's Ubisoft and how they f*cked over Ghost Recon:Wildlands by releasing stupid DLC that didn't even cater to the GR crowd (monster trucks, really?). That put me off Ghost Recon since Narco Road so here's hoping they don't f*ck up TC2 cause I'm definitely excited to see this one.

• Coleco and Ivan1997GTA like this

Homemade Dynamite
  • Homemade Dynamite

Melodrama

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Concept 2015 [GTA Online: Liberty City Expansion]

Posted A week ago

Wishlist:

- Asia setting with "ships" that take you to different areas. Have different locations like Hong Kong, Shanghai, Bangkok, Taipei, and Tokyo, with plenty of space in-between.

- Better driving. 'Nuff said.

- More vehicle variety.

- Either a less obtrusive story or none at all. The original story was just dumb and cliche, and it got in the way of the gameplay (a sin for an open world like this).

- Character customization. Not just cars, but also the ability to make your own unique character. Another gripe I had with the original was that we all played as the same bearded guy named Alex in a game that's supposed to be about a crew.

- Better soundtrack and more songs. I'll give the original points for having Lorde, but the soundtrack as a whole was rather lacking and it needs modern songs.

• Mister Pink and Ivan1997GTA like this

Android
  • Android

i have the zip vile bro

• Facade Corporation
  • NATO
  • The Congressional Medal of sh*tposting
    Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]
    Most Talented Graphics Artist 2015
    Most Improved Member 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Best Poster [Technology] 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]

Posted A week ago

Would be pretty cool to see Europe as the setting this time around. I would probably bet $5 on that anyways..

• Mister Pink, Ivan1997GTA and Arthur Fookin Shelby like this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

It was mine, Cactus Wine!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted A week ago

Hope they don't lock away the ability to make and race on custom tracks behind a DLC again. That was easily one of the worst things they did.

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted A week ago Edited by Tycek, A week ago.

I really hope the result will be better than the last time. The Crew wasn't bad, but apart from the map and some parts of the customization nothing was really standing out from the bug ridden mess the game was. The ways Ubisoft (or Ivory Tower) was trying to force people to buy their half-assed dlcs (I am looking at the Calling All Units mostly) were simply atrocious.

Game could also use better vehicle selection and much better physics, because the driving was good to get from point A to B, but it lacked something special that would make it pleasant. 

• ClaudeSpeed1911 and Ivan1997GTA like this

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted A week ago Edited by DOUGL4S1, A week ago.

Would be pretty cool The Crew in Australia (even tho FH3 already did it), I can see some Mad Max-style races on the outback and deserts. I just hope they fix their physics, the cars were pretty floaty, it kinda felt like I was driving jelly on ice. Other than that, excellent game.

A bit off-topic, but if TDU3 ever happens, I'd love it to be set in Dubai, imagine parking your Lamborghini in an elevator, lifting it to your penthouse on the 70th floor and parking it on your living room, but I saw somewhere that Dubai is kinda against movies and games taking place there. Other cool place for games like these would be Japan, with Tokyo's neon lights, mountain roads, farms, big highways, oddball cars, tunners, etc.

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

Noale
  • Noale

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted A week ago

If they do Australia, they better make it damn good. Forza Horizon 3s take on it was extremely shallow.

• Mister Pink and Ivan1997GTA like this

Ai家妯b家
  • Ai家妯b家

General

• Members
  • NATO

Posted A week ago

i hope they have the same overvealous police who can go 200mph and watch up with you from 20 miles away

Ivan1997GTA
  • Ivan1997GTA

Proud to Be Loud

• Facade Corporation
  • Russia

Posted A week ago

All of the above suggestions for the location of the Crew 2 are pretty good. I think they'll probably set the Crew 2 in Russia. I'd love to be able to drive through the Russian countryside and some of the famous cities, like Moscow, St. Petersburg and so on in a custom supercar or SUV. Although, I'd also like for a few more low-end cars aswell, like hatchbacks, compact cars, that kinda stuff, or, heck, even drive old Soviet/Russian cars, like the GAZ 24 Volga, or even the GAZ 20 Pobeda, the VAZ 2108, etc., to have a mixed selection of classic and modern cars. And if it does end up being set in Russia, there better be a Russian rock station on the soundtrack, with artists like Kino, DDT, Splin, and so on.
  • Mister Pink and ClaudeSpeed1911 like this

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted A week ago Edited by SouthLand, A week ago.

Would be pretty cool The Crew in Australia (even tho FH3 already did it), I can see some Mad Max-style races on the outback and deserts. I just hope they fix their physics, the cars were pretty floaty, it kinda felt like I was driving jelly on ice. Other than that, excellent game.

A bit off-topic, but if TDU3 ever happens, I'd love it to be set in Dubai, imagine parking your Lamborghini in an elevator, lifting it to your penthouse on the 70th floor and parking it on your living room, but I saw somewhere that Dubai is kinda against movies and games taking place there. Other cool place for games like these would be Japan, with Tokyo's neon lights, mountain roads, farms, big highways, oddball cars, tunners, etc.

I think they shouldn't copy other games and choose a place that hasn't been done recently. If they still want to go to a game similar to FH3 set in Australia they should try Morocco:

Spoiler

l of the above suggestions for the location of the Crew 2 are pretty good. I think they'll probably set the Crew 2 in Russia. I'd love to be able to drive through the Russian countryside and some of the famous cities, like Moscow, St. Petersburg and so on in a custom supercar or SUV. Although, I'd also like for a few more low-end cars aswell, like hatchbacks, compact cars, that kinda stuff, or, heck, even drive old Soviet/Russian cars, like the GAZ 24 Volga, or even the GAZ 20 Pobeda, the VAZ 2108, etc., to have a mixed selection of classic and modern cars. And if it does end up being set in Russia, there better be a Russian rock station on the soundtrack, with artists like Kino, DDT, Splin, and so on.

I would love to drive in the Russian curvy roads in the Caucasus with a Gaz 24 Volga while i listen to "Grupa Krovi" or "Kukushka" sung by Kino. But i doubt they make Russia sadly. Also, Russian cars are so underrated.

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy
  • Best Poster [Vehicles] 2016

Posted A week ago

Considering it's still called The Crew that means it'll probably have another meh storyline. Hopefully making money will be far less tedious and stupid and hopefully there are no missing brands like Audi. They rreeeeaaally need to work on making the cars sound/feel like their rl counterparts too.

I wish they'd just drop the idea of The Crew and go back to TDU. The concept of TDU is by far better and more lax which is really what I want. So eh, rn I'm more hyped for TDU 3.
  • Ivan1997GTA and Arthur Fookin Shelby like this

luisniko
  • luisniko

Cyuu cyuu

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

They need to keep the badass Photo Mode intact. That's first.

Secondly, the ability to swap car on the go.

Third, the anywhere-fast-travel map. Apparently zooming in the map before confirming fast travel will cut down the loading time. I don't know why, but it feels great.
  • ClaudeSpeed1911 and Ivan1997GTA like this

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted A week ago

Fix the handling and sound effects along with offline and less grinding and I will get it day 1.

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

🇯🇲 🇬🇭 🇯🇲

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Most Valuable Player 2014
    Contribution Award [Sports]
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Event 2013 "GTAF Gang League 2013"
    Most Valuable Player 2012
    Best Contributor [Multiplayer] 2012
    Most Valuable Player 2011
    Winner of World Cup 2010 Prediction League
    Best Event 2010 "GTAF Gang League 2010"
    Most Valuable Player 2010
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted A week ago

I doubt they are going with Aus because of FH3. I believe it's either Europe, Canada, or US from Crew 1 + Canada (so basically an expanded map)

I'm hoping for some graphical improvements, more vehicles, better customization, and of course better handling to make driving more enjoyable,

• Tycek and Ivan1997GTA like this

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None
  • Take-Two Analyst of the Year

Posted A week ago Edited by BLOOD, A week ago.

I am so going to get this. Never play the Original.

Edit: I cannot wait to see the Trailer.

Ai家妯b家
  • Ai家妯b家

General

• Members
  • NATO

Posted A week ago

I am so going to get this. Never play the Original.

Edit: I cannot wait to see the Trailer.

I would play the Orginial if i were you, You can get it cheap on www.g2a.com

Noale
  • Noale

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted A week ago

Is G2A one of those shady sites?

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None
  • Take-Two Analyst of the Year

Posted A week ago

I dont think if it work here in Ireland? Tbh i just get it to play online.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted A week ago

From what I recall original was free on both PC and Xbox One (through the GWG). So if anyone didn't have the chance it's worth to see this game, despite its flaws.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users