You know what killed The Crew? Three main things:
1. All big Cities and all small towns looked dead.
2. There where NO places to hangout like parking lots, well made gas stations, well made restaurants...
3. Playing with a friend online was a pain in the ass. So many time I would try me and my friend to connect and when we finally could, I could see his tag name but his car was invisible.
The rest look pretty cool.
What really killed it TLDR version:
- The grind;
- No incentive to use multiple vehicles in same category unless you want the unlocking of high level parts to take 2x as long;
- Poorly rewarding faction missions;
- No car level balancing;
- Crap netcode;
- Crap matchmaking/lack of actual lobbies/selection;
- Hardcore driving setting not being hardcore at all;
- Ability to create and race on custom tracks locked behind a DLC.
-What killed it (big post/in depth version)-
The way it was designed, it should have been a free 2 play title.