Photo

The Crew 2 [2018]

70 replies to this topic
B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Motosoldier

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 25 June 2017 - 08:31 PM Edited by B Dawg, 25 June 2017 - 08:32 PM.

Why do people think the game wasn't so good again?

The main part of the game (Multiplayer) was a major f*ckup in almost every single way. Apart from that, the ability to create and race on custom tracks is locked behind a damn DLC (which is one of the most bullsh*t things ever imo) But other than that, the driving is okay, the map is awesome, the customization is awesome (when you disregard the dreadful car leveling aspect that doesn't really go hand in hand with multiplayer)

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 25 June 2017 - 08:37 PM Edited by fashion, 25 June 2017 - 09:09 PM.

Graphics aren't anything special, but if I learned anything from Wolfenstein, Horizon Zero Dawn and now Crew is that graphics aren't everything.

What do you mean? HZD looks stunning.

With the Crew, the story really killed it for me and thus I f*cked off with it. Couldn't stand any of the characters.
I mean HZD in the opposite way: It does look incredible but that's it. 99% of HZD players would disagree with my opinion of the game so nevermind :p Maybe I'll rant a bit in the Horizon topic when I have time to write it all down.

Story seems to be your typical undercover sh*t but at least the gameplay is interesting. I think the game plays totally fine. Bad story isn't a killer of a racing game, if you ask me. Though I hate the main character's hipster look with a passion.

@B Dawg: Alright, thanks for the info. I don't intend to play this in multiplayer so it's really not a huge problem for me. Always online is a pain in the ass but at least I can pause my game. Right, NFS2015?

Regarding DLC, I bought the ultimate edition for 25 euros. Out of curiousity I checked out the standard DLC prices and can certainly see why people were pissed.

luisniko
  • luisniko

Mayhem Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 June 2017 - 12:36 AM Edited by luisniko, 26 June 2017 - 12:39 AM.

Before Wild Run update, the game was a bit underwhelming like there's no rain and stuff. The Wild Run update changed the HUD, graphic, the sound, added weather factor, and definitely upgraded the physics as well.

I bought the game last year, specifically after the Wild Run update, and was pissed off because of something called Smart Loot. Apparently Smart Loot also pissed a lot of people again because this was how Ubi answered to people who complained about how other people grinded Jumps to get better parts. Anyway, the prices in the game are also insane while the game pays peanuts. All in all, I left the game because I noticed this will sink my time in no different than GTAO did.

Then I did some researched again before I picked Ultimate edition two days ago. I must say I'm glad it's so much better now in terms of game modes and reward. Doing Offense Mode can give you a vehicle fragment to collect to 10 pieces in order to unlock a fullstock vehicle. Smart Loot is 'smarter'. Lol

Pro tip: If you have purchased a paint and sticker before, don't buy them again in the shop. Instead, use your HQ to apply them.

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 26 June 2017 - 06:26 AM Edited by fashion, 26 June 2017 - 07:47 AM.

^ Makes me glad I purchased the whole thing cheap. The full DLC, fully patched experience is completely fine.
I doubt I'll buy Crew 2 at release either. The long wait before buying Crew 1 was well worth it.

I think it's a bad joke that the season pass gives you just a few cars. For that price, gamers deserve a full expansion. Wild Run/Calling all units pass is reasonable I guess but it's still a bad move that it's seperate.

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 26 June 2017 - 04:19 PM

I hope this time towns and cities have a better AI and realism. Sometimes you drove through a town and it look like a ghost own with no pedestrians... Even Las Vegas, had a lot of neon lights and cool buildings but no ambiance whatsoever.

• Scaglietti likes this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy
  • Best Poster [Vehicles] 2016

Posted 26 June 2017 - 04:45 PM

I know it would've taken a lot of work but I'm kinda bummed out they didn't really redo the map. My fears are bad road design and samey/boring towns and cut n paste buildings all over the place again.

• SouthLand and Ivan1997GTA like this

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 26 June 2017 - 05:29 PM

^ That's what i am expecting. Copy + Paste all over again. I mean, they didn't even include State marks and signs. You could be driving through Arizona and suddenly you enter New Mexico and there not a sign that warns you you just crossed into another state.

I hope we are wrong

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

luisniko
  • luisniko

Mayhem Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 June 2017 - 08:27 PM

They actually remodeled the whole map to be compatible for what's offered in second game.. Even the trailer shows that.
  • Ivan1997GTA likes this

Sunrise Driver
  • Sunrise Driver

The Infidel

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 28 June 2017 - 02:12 PM

^ That's what i am expecting. Copy + Paste all over again. I mean, they didn't even include State marks and signs. You could be driving through Arizona and suddenly you enter New Mexico and there not a sign that warns you you just crossed into another state.

I hope we are wrong

It may sound laughable but the game is not that big to be divided into 48 states.

Although, they totally could leave out some states just like they left out cities.

I'm yet again hoping for more cities this time.

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

Capitol Crusader

• The Connection
  • Ireland
  • Most Corrupt Staff 2015
    Contribution Award [GTA Online]
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Top c*nt 👍

Posted 15 hours ago

Deluxe Edition Announced.

6bhT7Gt.jpg

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy
  • Best Poster [Vehicles] 2016

Posted 12 hours ago

Well car list looking decent. More automakers have made it in like Audi. As long as I can still spec my cars inside and out and the handling is better, this will be a buy. No cruddy story either. Hopefully money is easier to make. If so I could see myself enjoying this game for sure. That TT-RS driving through the Rockies sure sounds nice.
  • Ivan1997GTA likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users