Invisible introduction videos

7 replies to this topic
HalfOfAKebab
  • HalfOfAKebab

Help & Support

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

The Rockstar logos and introduction videos are black. They do play sound, so the game is accessing the files, but it's just not rendering the videos properly. The EAX and Nvidia logos appear fine.

I have tried running the game under Windows 98 compatibility mode, however this just crashes the game after the Nvidia logo fades out (even after deleting gta_sa.set). I have also run the game with administrative priveleges, which didn't seem to change anything.

I have also tried running the game with the "DXMaximizedWindowedMode" flag in the registry, which didn't change anything.

I don't want to modify my game files in any way, e.g. install Silent Patch.

I'm using a genuine disc version, v1.01 EU. I updated from v1.00 using Rockstar's official patch at nomorehotcoffee.com. I am sure I used the correct update installer. I'm using Windows 10.

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

Usually helpful, BUT very defensive upon disrespect

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted A week ago Edited by ACM-Jan, A week ago.

its the windows 10 that causes it, try pressing windows button/ alt+tab after starting game then click back into game then it shows them properly for that specific occasion. BTW some GPUs also do that "black" screen, for example i used integrated intel HD graphics before an then if i upgraded to gtx 750ti the videos went black!

• HalfOfAKebab likes this

HalfOfAKebab
  • HalfOfAKebab

Help & Support

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

its the windows 10 that causes it, try pressing windows button/ alt+tab after starting game then click back into game then it shows them properly for that specific occasion. BTW some GPUs also do that "black" screen, for example i used integrated intel HD graphics before an then if i upgraded to gtx 750ti the videos went black!

I'm looking for a permanent solution, but I'll bear that in mind as a temporary fix. Thanks.

Tomasak
  • Tomasak

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Spam Commando 2017
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]

Posted A week ago

If you downgrade to 1.0 us, you can use windowed borderless mode.
It's not an actual fix but it works
http://gtaforums.com...-windowed-mode/

HalfOfAKebab
  • HalfOfAKebab

Help & Support

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

If you downgrade to 1.0 us, you can use windowed borderless mode.
It's not an actual fix but it works
http://gtaforums.com...-windowed-mode/

As I said, I don't want to use any mods.

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted A week ago Edited by ACM-Jan, A week ago.

I'm afraid only modding can fix issue of that scale, be it the windows (encoders/pieces of code and/or system files/registry) or game files

HalfOfAKebab
  • HalfOfAKebab

Help & Support

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

I'm afraid only modding can fix issue of that scale, be it the windows (encoders/pieces of code and/or system files/registry) or game files

I don't mind modifying the registry, or editing some Windows files (replacing some DirectX DLLs somewhere or something). Just not game files.

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 6 days ago Edited by ACM-Jan, 6 days ago.

then you have luck, i have read from windows related forums that video encoding files/scripts in windows system have changed as newer edition of windows arrives, you need to search for old windows 7 video encoder scripts/files for windows 10 and ask assistance from microsoft communities how to correctly apply them (doing anything wrong may cripple video output)! Also you will have to specifically mention gta san andreas in your inquiry at microsoft community then they can suggest right files for download!

btw i was almost willing to do that but i found the process of swapping windows files so tedious i chose to accept the lack of intro videos, if i want to see them i can use extra video player which has encoder inside for the files! 

ps! game cannot use video players for encoding since their files are locked for player program only!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users