Photo

Double GTA$ & RP on Stunt Races, Juggernaut, Resurrection

173 replies to this topic
Voodoo-Hendrix
  • Voodoo-Hendrix

Slight Return

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:27 AM Edited by Voodoo-Hendrix, 17 May 2017 - 11:28 AM.

Question: Is the GP1 worth getting?

Sadly, the GP1 is one of the cars that were gimped by R* giving it a very low downforce value (1.5 I think, compare this to the 3 that the RE-7B has) making it understeer badly on turns.

Such a shame, because its one of the best designed cars in the game IMO.

The same issue affects the ItaliGBT Custom and Specter Custom (making them slower than their normal counterparts); the Ruston and the Comet Retro Custom (in a lesser degree).

edit: if you really like the car, get it, but don't expect it to be competitive in races unless R* "fixes" it (which may never happen).
  • Darth Absentis and Freddie Gecko like this

TwunnyStaXX
  • TwunnyStaXX

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2017 - 12:29 PM

I haven't played GTA much in the past few months. Logged on maybe twice in that time.  Considering coming back in to play some stunt races for that 2x$$. Question first, have the races been a total childish sh*tshow with basically 16 asshats running each other off the tracks?  If so, I might just stay away.

kenmy13999
  • kenmy13999

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 17 May 2017 - 12:51 PM

I haven't played GTA much in the past few months. Logged on maybe twice in that time.  Considering coming back in to play some stunt races for that 2x$$. Question first, have the races been a total childish sh*tshow with basically 16 asshats running each other off the tracks?  If so, I might just stay away.

You pretty much can expect that if you're racing with randoms but you can host your own with non-contact

Forza Harrd
  • Forza Harrd

Chef

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2017 - 12:56 PM

Time to break out the "Atmosphere" playlist for my second character. Doing barrel rolls off the last big jump and then hitting Y to respawn at the beginning of the jump FTW. Level up every time I play it. :)

You pretty much can expect that if you're racing with randoms but you can host your own with non-contact

Right now with double pay EVERY random is stunt racing so yes, it's a sh*tshow. Host your own races (if you don't like FUN. I like the emotional rollercoaster myself).

IamCourtney
  • IamCourtney

Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 May 2017 - 03:07 PM

As long as you're prepared for the sh*tshow, it really works in a halfway competent driver's favour. Find a populated race lobby, hang back from the inevitable starting line pile up, navigate through it and 9 times outta 10 the rest of the race is a battle between you and one or two other decent racers while the rest of the clowns do their own thing a mile behind you.

Like others have said, as long as you can podium consistently its pretty good money and pretty good fun.
  • mareepx, Forza Harrd and A.N.V.I.L. like this

AUScowboy
  • AUScowboy

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2017 - 03:44 PM

Anyone have a playlist with only the R* stunt races? I can't make any more playlists, won't delete any, and can't find a playlist of this kind on soc club.

kottonmouth401
  • kottonmouth401

All Green Everything

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2017 - 04:46 PM

Loving the 2x stunt races, but i wish they would mix the old ones in with the new ones on the voting screen. I prefer the original stunt races, but there's no way to string a bunch of them together without making a playlist. And randoms never seem to want to join a playlist, at least not 15 of them.
  • Voodoo-Hendrix likes this

psymin
  • psymin

mayor of paleto bay.

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • Canada
  • Crew Poster Battle Winner 2016

Posted 17 May 2017 - 05:16 PM

There's also a sale on transmissions and brakes

this legitimately made me lol

Well, it is actually very nice if you use it like I do:
I still have over a dozen cars in my garage that are only modded a bit, just the mods that were on sale last time.
Now I will add these upgrades on sale to those cars and save well over half a million.

I'm happy people are making use of the event week, MeisterJazz's post just made me laugh as an add on. don't mind me.

I'm quite excited for the actual NEW Content so all these dripping extras don't do it for me, but I'm glad people are making use.

NuclearKnight00
  • NuclearKnight00

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2017 - 08:31 PM

What's the best PV for stunt races? The RE7B?

Nero for tracks with long straights where top speed is relevant.

For tighter tracks the RE-7B is good, but the Tempesta offers the same for almost one million less.
Not trying to be "that guy" but I feel as if vehicle choice isn't too much of an issue (especially with catch-up enabled) but I only say that because I was winning quite often in my infernus (not the imfernus classic) against Nero's, re7b, etc. But maybe it was just the others being bad racers who knows.

AUScowboy
  • AUScowboy

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2017 - 09:11 PM

Most decent lobbies have catch up off, so it's still wise to have a well chosen competitor in your stable.

wizooord
  • wizooord

Trick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2017 - 09:48 PM

I love racing.. So i can't wait for this event to be over -.-

x2 $ & RP = x2 cheaters/squeakers/rammers/spammers and other shades of unpleasant people flooding the lobbies, hosts that make 1st person and blow every 15 sec, hosts that kick anyone that wins a race, afk hosts, catchup worshipers, everything is x2 :( good lobbies are rarer, when fishing on call at least

• Forza Harrd likes this

Apollo00063
  • Apollo00063

I am that guy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2017 - 10:57 PM Edited by Apollo00063, 17 May 2017 - 10:59 PM.

This is great timing for me because I was saving up for the the Turismo Classic. Now I have it and it has all of the performance mods for under the normal price!

Forza Harrd
  • Forza Harrd

Chef

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 May 2017 - 12:47 AM

What's the best PV for stunt races? The RE7B?

Nero for tracks with long straights where top speed is relevant.

For tighter tracks the RE-7B is good, but the Tempesta offers the same for almost one million less.
Not trying to be "that guy" but I feel as if vehicle choice isn't too much of an issue (especially with catch-up enabled) but I only say that because I was winning quite often in my infernus (not the imfernus classic) against Nero's, re7b, etc. But maybe it was just the others being bad racers who knows.

X80, brother. Nothing like the feeling when you get good at timing slipstream so it pulls you into a jump and you're already driving the fastest car on the track, and pass two racers at once just before the finish. It's kind of tricky handling because it's so light but when you learn to trust it, omg.

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 May 2017 - 04:00 AM

Yeah. see this? This is why Resurrection is a sh*tty mood, FAR from the best.

Host sets it to 30 points at 4 10 minute rounds.

Lobby is filled

Half my team leaves within the minute, leaving just me and a partner against four other guys.

You can't even camp out in a spot to hide as you show right up! I was planning on doing that since you're stuck in the small cramped area until it's over. 8 minutes of fighting, to lose badly. I didn't want to quit as I ALWAYS get a glitch that takes my explosives away when I quit an Adversary mode.

DarkFlame588
  • DarkFlame588

Yellow Horse

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 May 2017 - 08:22 PM Edited by DarkFlame588, 18 May 2017 - 08:23 PM.

When hosts set it to a decent point and round length it is quite enjoyable. Assholes are just trying to get the most money possible for one match and it ends in the whole other team that is losing in leaving and a forfeit of the match bonus which is really the reason to play these during double $$.

Darth Absentis
  • Darth Absentis

RIP PS3 copy !

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:12 AM

Ugh, cant really enjoy stunt races with pc being unsafe still.

• Alvarez likes this

aaronBLUEeyes
  • aaronBLUEeyes

Sovereign for the GUILD of CALAMIT0US INTENT

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:35 AM

Anyone have a playlist with only the R* stunt races? I can't make any more playlists, won't delete any, and can't find a playlist of this kind on soc club.

Why won't you delete any? I do that from time to time to create new ones.

derek0514
  • derek0514

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:59 PM

I delete and remodel them as double $ and RP come out. I do have a few keeper job playlists mainly for moving from one location to another when it's done.
  • aaronBLUEeyes likes this

Rafae
  • Rafae

Boss

• GTAF Crew
  • None

Posted 20 May 2017 - 09:37 PM

I don't know man.. I can't really f w/ stunt races anymore. It all feels like a constant cycle of "Oh, you're in a good position? Here's a jump to f*ck that up real good!"

It just gets tiring after awhile. Not to mention the numb skulls who set it to contact and are constantly lagging. Argh.

Darth Absentis
  • Darth Absentis

RIP PS3 copy !

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 21 May 2017 - 12:01 AM

I tried to grind stunt races solo....but god it is way to boring like this.

• aaronBLUEeyes likes this

Makingthequants
  • Makingthequants

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 May 2017 - 03:15 PM

Anyone else noticing no martin double bubble texts on there in game phone?

Proper weird it's the first time it's happened for myself, also really struggling to find anyone playing resurrection.

For those who hate I totally get where your coming from but find juggernanut to random for my liking

The-Irish-Hunter
  • The-Irish-Hunter

Do you have a moment to talk about our lord and savior, Hunter?

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 May 2017 - 03:24 PM

I haven't been paying attention recently, but if those are finally gone I'll be f*cking ecstatic.

• Rafae likes this

kenmy13999
  • kenmy13999

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 21 May 2017 - 03:36 PM

Proper weird it's the first time it's happened for myself, also really struggling to find anyone playing resurrection.

For those who hate I totally get where your coming from but find juggernanut to random for my liking

I haven't payed attention to that but a friend and me thought we should try some rounds of resurrection the other day and it took a while to get full lobby. Another friend hosted juggernaut and those lobbys filled up pretty fast though

aaronBLUEeyes
  • aaronBLUEeyes

Sovereign for the GUILD of CALAMIT0US INTENT

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 May 2017 - 11:06 PM

My crew and I have been playing allot of Resurrection during this event along with stunt races.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users