• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Best GTA Photographer 2016
    Coolest Member 2016
    Best Character [Snap] 2016
    Mister Los Santos 2016 Winner
    [Snapmatic Awards 2015] Best Male Character

Posted 20 May 2017 - 12:30 AM

I also do not think mods should be allowed. 

It does indeed sway the results, people are more inclined to vote for an awesome picture of some awesome real life car for example, than an awesome picture of a GTA car. I am also already seeing some shots that appear to be photoshopped/touched up, just saying. 

Why don't we let the creators decide what sways the results and what doesn't? I'm sure if they didn't include a rule against mods yet, they must have a good reason. If they think there is something actually wrong with voting for some real life car, on what those GTA cars are based off of, they'll take a decision accordingly. I personally don't see what's wrong with voting for something that appeals to you? We can think of a thousand other solutions such as to not include said car mods perhaps? The possibilities are end-less. One simply doesn't need to completely shut off from mods. They already have strict rules against photoshopping here. Even photos of GTA cars can be touched up in photoshop. Personally, I can see a lot of people who would throw out anything on their social media and their followers would eat it up without giving a second look. For such individuals, these things should be the least of their concerns.

I am just saying in order to keep it as fair as possible, everyone should only be able to use what the game provides in it's natural form. No photoshop, no mods, etc. I don't see what the issue with that is. 

I agree with you on the Photoshop bit. Sure some people may or may not possess the knack for it. However on mods, which are available to the public and are pretty easy to use, somehow I'm having a hard time seeing how this would make it unfair when everyone has the free-will to use them or not and still give it their best shot? In my opinion, people have seen enough of the vanilla stuff. If we have been competent enough to create some visually stunning stuff for the game, I believe using it would only make this competition a lot more interesting in the long run. I honestly don't see an issue with voting for whatever a person like either. We are entitled to our opinion at the end of the day I suppose. Guess we'll soon be hearing what comes out of all this.

I suppose, but seems to me plenty of people don't know how to use mods either. I for example have a PC version of the game and have no clue how to mod it. I guess it doesn't matter too much if each category has it's own winner, but if it is going to be one overall the categories then I see it presenting a problem. 

Great Britain
  • Great Britain

Dieu et mon droit

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 May 2017 - 12:38 AM Edited by Great Britain, 20 May 2017 - 12:40 AM.

I also do not think mods should be allowed. 

It does indeed sway the results, people are more inclined to vote for an awesome picture of some awesome real life car for example, than an awesome picture of a GTA car. I am also already seeing some shots that appear to be photoshopped/touched up, just saying. 

Why don't we let the creators decide what sways the results and what doesn't? I'm sure if they didn't include a rule against mods yet, they must have a good reason. If they think there is something actually wrong with voting for some real life car, on what those GTA cars are based off of, they'll take a decision accordingly. I personally don't see what's wrong with voting for something that appeals to you? We can think of a thousand other solutions such as to not include said car mods perhaps? The possibilities are end-less. One simply doesn't need to completely shut off from mods. They already have strict rules against photoshopping here. Even photos of GTA cars can be touched up in photoshop. Personally, I can see a lot of people who would throw out anything on their social media and their followers would eat it up without giving a second look. For such individuals, these things should be the least of their concerns.

I am just saying in order to keep it as fair as possible, everyone should only be able to use what the game provides in it's natural form. No photoshop, no mods, etc. I don't see what the issue with that is. 

I agree with you on the Photoshop bit. Sure some people may or may not possess the knack for it. However on mods, which are available to the public and are pretty easy to use, somehow I'm having a hard time seeing how this would make it unfair when everyone has the free-will to use them or not and still give it their best shot? In my opinion, people have seen enough of the vanilla stuff. If we have been competent enough to create some visually stunning stuff for the game, I believe using it would only make this competition a lot more interesting in the long run. I honestly don't see an issue with voting for whatever a person like either. We are entitled to our opinion at the end of the day I suppose. Guess we'll soon be hearing what comes out of all this.

I suppose, but seems to me plenty of people don't know how to use mods either. I for example have a PC version of the game and have no clue how to mod it. I guess it doesn't matter too much if each category has it's own winner, but if it is going to be one overall the categories then I see it presenting a problem. 

I can understand the problem you and some people may face in regards to using mods. That is precisely why I put forward my opinion about having different winners for each category. Which honestly should be the case with or without mods. This way we could have multiple winning entries rather than focusing on finding just that one snap and leaving some pretty amazing ones in the dust. Other than that, I hope the judgement comes for what's best for this contest and everyone participating. 

• Mach1bud likes this

livejoker
  • livejoker

Has-Been

• Van Society
  • None
  • Funniest Member 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 21 May 2017 - 10:26 AM Edited by livejoker, 22 May 2017 - 09:24 PM.

Let me just step over the PC-mod argument...

Well, action sure is a vague word as many said. I personally dig it as we can interpret it how we want and people can then vote on their own interpretation and which shot they like best. It's actually more enjoyable to have it vague rather than precise. I'm really not digging the popularity angle, though...I already see an issue with the comp actually encouraging social media outlets for extra votes. If these votes are not made public then there will be claims of cheating. If they are public there's still gonna be cheating claims due to new accounts joining just to put a vote in. I guess the staff can take the liberty of IP cross-check but a stable "two week old account required" rule like GTA:O games/contests typically have would definitely reassure those that are worried. That still leaves with others who are in the spotlight. A great photographer can be hidden when the lights shine on someone else. Here's hoping the community don't use social status when it comes to their taste in picture.

Best of luck. Not to the photographs but to the staff, you'll need it. :p

*edit*
So I've looked in all categories and action is a very vague theme after all cause there's some snaps I would debate that are comedy yet they're doing really good. So...let's see how that plays out.

• MiroAWhite and NataliePiers like this

Android
  • Android

Oreo

• Facade Corporation
  • NATO
  • The Congressional Medal of sh*tposting
    Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]
    Most Talented Graphics Artist 2015
    Most Improved Member 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Best Poster [Technology] 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]

Posted 24 May 2017 - 01:41 AM Edited by Android, 24 May 2017 - 02:00 AM.

Good luck guys! I just finished up voting. For some platforms, it was really difficult to choose just one.

EDIT: How long will the voting go on for?

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Administrator 2016
    Best Administrator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful 2014
    Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 24 May 2017 - 08:31 AM

Wow, that was tough... some quality, quality, snaps submitted!

uNi
  • uNi

Feroci

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Official Gang 2014 [Feroci]

Posted 24 May 2017 - 08:37 AM

Good luck guys! I just finished up voting. For some platforms, it was really difficult to choose just one.

EDIT: How long will the voting go on for?

A week.

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

...I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Best Poster [Rockstar Games] 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 24 May 2017 - 03:41 PM

That was tough. Plenty of great snaps on all platforms!

KratosDrake
  • KratosDrake

Snazzy and shiny that's how I roll

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 01 June 2017 - 01:55 AM

What is gonna be Round 2's theme?

uNi
  • uNi

Feroci

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 June 2017 - 02:28 PM

So now that the first season is over, what's your feedback?

There were a few concerns with mods and social media, but we didn't made an effect on the outcome, at least on this one.

KratosDrake
  • KratosDrake

Snazzy and shiny that's how I roll

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 14 June 2017 - 09:34 PM

I liked it. I was initially confused about the rounds stuff, but what I thought were the rounds are actually the seasons, so meh. Can we start suggesting themes for Season 2 or will the staff decide?

Android
  • Android

Oreo

• Facade Corporation
  • NATO
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]

Posted 14 June 2017 - 09:44 PM

I really like the idea of this event and I hope we have many more seasons to come. My only suggestion would be to maybe advertise this a bit more, as I think you could attract more interest and participation.

WithoutorAgainst
  • WithoutorAgainst

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 June 2017 - 03:47 PM

Congratulations to the winner Eddie and runner up Ser_Jorah. Well done everyone, and thanks to the organizers. I really liked the concept of a 'Snap Battle' encouraging some friendly competition. It felt very much in the spirit of the snapmatic movement, with members showing off their creativity, and to try and wow & amaze with their snaps.

I understand the concerns about Social Media but I have no issues with entrants wanting to promote their snaps - it felt mostly about trying to advertise the contest. I also have no problem with mods being used, no need for a separate category, a good shot is a good shot no matter how it was made.

• Android likes this

aaronBLUEeyes
  • aaronBLUEeyes

Sovereign for the GUILD of CALAMIT0US INTENT

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2017 - 04:09 PM

I disagree, no mods nor post production outside of Rockstar editor should be allowed, as not everyone has access to those tools. I'm a graphic designer and could have easily augmented my shots like others did, but I didn't and nobody else should either.

Maxxi
  • Maxxi

Guardian of the Light

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • United-States

Posted 29 June 2017 - 01:52 PM

New day, new contest, eh?

MGgames100
  • MGgames100

MG, not MC...

• Members
  • Poland
  • Best Concept 2016 [Tuner DLC]
    Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Photoshop Winner
    Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 30 June 2017 - 02:50 PM

Can I use the snap that I recently posted?

uNi
  • uNi

Feroci

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 June 2017 - 03:02 PM

Yes.

• MGgames100 likes this

EddieLTU
  • EddieLTU

Hackerbux™ Entrepreneur

• Members
  • Lithuania
  • Snap Battle Season 1 Winner

Posted 03 July 2017 - 04:04 PM

nice to see more people entering the contest

Sanches
  • Sanches

Rider boi

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 July 2017 - 07:09 PM

I think i missed this part, but... How do you make Snapmatic shots in higher resolution?
I tried to google it, but no luck.

Zoobz
  • Zoobz

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 03 July 2017 - 07:30 PM

Same questions as last time:

When's the deadline to enter snaps?

Unless I'm mistaken, I can't see this info anywhere for Season 2. 

uNi
  • uNi

Feroci

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 July 2017 - 08:07 PM

One week per round max. I'll add that to the first post for future reference.

I was thinking on extending for another week to get more submissions though, anyone disagree?

• V4S likes this

V4S
  • V4S

🌸 N°1 ǝɹǝH 🌸

• The Yakuza
  • Japan

Posted 03 July 2017 - 08:18 PM Edited by V4S, 03 July 2017 - 08:25 PM.

Sure let's extend it! Would it be a good idea to also pop a shortcut to this section to recruit more participants?

527.png

Another suggestion, what about adding a roman numeral of what season snap battle we are on to the Title? I honestly did not know a new season started until yesterday.

4411.png

• Android, The Happy Clown, alkaline_ and 2 others like this

Zoobz
  • Zoobz

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 03 July 2017 - 08:35 PM

An actual date and time deadline would be ideal. e.g. Enter Snaps by Friday 7th July, 9PM BST. Maybe somewhere in the first post and in every "console" category like how mentioned uNi.

I agree with the extension too, I'm sure there's still plenty of snaps to come.

• Android likes this

canine sapien
  • canine sapien

gurning chimp

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 05 July 2017 - 09:41 AM

Do the rules state that the photograph has to include only architecture? Can a character/NPC be in the shot also (i.e. street scene, workers etc)?

MiroAWhite
  • MiroAWhite

TMGT + SnapmaticArt Photographer

• Members
  • Netherlands
  • Contribution Award [GTAF Weekly Snapmatic Competition]

Posted 07 July 2017 - 10:43 AM Edited by MiroAWhite, 07 July 2017 - 10:44 AM.

Just a thought here but this might prove useful to people thinking of entering or have already entered ;

• superstreet556 likes this

MGgames100
  • MGgames100

MG, not MC...

• Members
  • Poland
  • Best Concept 2016 [Tuner DLC]
    Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Photoshop Winner
    Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 07 July 2017 - 01:03 PM

Round 2 when?

EddieLTU
  • EddieLTU

Hackerbux™ Entrepreneur

• Members
  • Lithuania
  • Snap Battle Season 1 Winner

Posted 07 July 2017 - 01:53 PM

it is happening right now, the question is, why the hell is submissions are still up and the deadline was last wednesday

• canine sapien likes this

uNi
  • uNi

Feroci

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 July 2017 - 03:24 AM

extending for another week to get more submissions

• Great Britain likes this

uNi
  • uNi

Feroci

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 July 2017 - 07:47 PM

Added medals to season winners as suggested by Great Britain.
  • Android and Great Britain like this

Android
  • Android

Oreo

• Facade Corporation
  • NATO
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]

Posted A week ago

When will Round 3 voting be closed off?

uNi
  • uNi

Feroci

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

Sorry for the delay, been busy. Next round will start tomorrow.
  • Android likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users