65 replies to this topic
uNi
  • uNi

Feroci

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Official Gang 2014 [Feroci]

Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:12 PM

If you need any help regarding the Snap Battle, please use this thread for support.

It can also be used to discuss anything related to the battle.

Rules:
- Do not use other people snaps, you'll be disqualified and your points will given at random to another contestant. You'll also be shamed for being a dick.
- You can take snaps on GTA V on PC, Xbox 360, PS3, Xbox One and PS4 both on SP and GTA:O.
- Each round can take a maximum of a week to be completed. 
- You can only participate with a single snap, you can edit your post as much as you want before the round ends.
- You're allowed to participate in multiple platforms.
- If two or more snaps from the same member gets picked for the final, only the one with the higher point count will be used. 
- Chat threads will be created for discussion and support, do not post off-topic on the submission threads.
- Snap editing is welcome as long it is within the game. e.g filters and R* editor.

• Mister Pink, Kirsty, RedDagger and 3 others like this

uNi
  • uNi

Feroci

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 May 2017 - 08:06 AM

Just to clear out a question from Twitter, led-bys and mods are allowed to participate if they wish to. Admins will likely take part but if one of us wins a round the prize goes go to second place.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpunk

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 17 May 2017 - 10:05 AM

Silly question but does it have to be taken via the in-game phone or can it just be a screenshot? 

Great Britain
  • Great Britain

★ ✯ ♔ ✯ ★

• Facade
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:48 AM Edited by Great Britain, 17 May 2017 - 12:10 PM.

"Round 3: Bonus round, gather as many votes as you can. Community gets to vote again on the favourites, use this round to share your submission on social media and gather more votes for your snap! Each vote equals a point."

With some folks having an already established social presence, wouldn't this be a little unfair to new comers as far as submissions on social media, the votes on which would be counted as a point goes?

• 2281 and MiroAWhite like this

DangerZ0neX
  • DangerZ0neX

It's K-Logg, dammit!

• Members
  • Saudi-Arabia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 17 May 2017 - 12:54 PM

This is just bound to be won by whoever is the most popular participating member on this forum, and those who have a high number of Twitter followers and Social Club friends will steamroll the entire competition.

I'll participate regardless, not expecting a win or anything, it might be fun.
  • livejoker, 2281, Tonguegirl and 2 others like this

Testarossa
  • Testarossa

• Facade
  • Mexico
  • Worst Ferrari
    Best Concept DLC 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Draw Contest Winner 2016
    Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]

Posted 17 May 2017 - 07:01 PM Edited by Testarossa, 17 May 2017 - 07:17 PM.

I think the description of the theme should be more clear, all we really see on the posts is one single word, which is very vague, and not an actual description or example for us to base our snaps on.

Like, what does "action" mean? Does it mean like a type of movement? Someone walking away from an explosion?
  • Android likes this

Great Britain
  • Great Britain

★ ✯ ♔ ✯ ★

• Facade
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 May 2017 - 07:15 PM

I think the description of the theme should be more clear, all we really see on the posts is the word, which is very vague, and not an actual description or example for us to base our snaps on.

Like, what does "action" mean? Does it mean like a type of movement? Someone walking away from an explosion?

I think the word "Action" in regards to GTA can only mean one thing. I don't think any thing that has "Action" written in the context of this series would ever mean to showcase a snap of a specific body part's movement. The latter part of inference, i.e : "Walking away from an explosion" is more like it I would say. However, there is no harm in saying a word or two more about the theme I suppose.

Zoobz
  • Zoobz

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Best Llama 2016
    GTAF Snap Battle Season 2 Winner

Posted 17 May 2017 - 10:13 PM

When's the deadline to enter snaps?

Mach1bud
  • Mach1bud

Gearhead

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Best GTA Photographer 2016
    Coolest Member 2016
    Best Character [Snap] 2016
    Mister Los Santos 2016 Winner
    [Snapmatic Awards 2015] Best Male Character

Posted 17 May 2017 - 10:36 PM

I am sure the theme is delibritley left vague as to not limit people to a certain style of photo.

I would like to know if it has to be uploaded to Socialclub or is a screenshot ok, like the Weekly Snapmatic Contest.

uNi
  • uNi

Feroci

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:21 PM

Silly question but does it have to be taken via the in-game phone or can it just be a screenshot? 

You can use a screenshot.

When's the deadline to enter snaps?

The 23rd.

I am sure the theme is delibritley left vague as to not limit people to a certain style of photo.

I would like to know if it has to be uploaded to Socialclub or is a screenshot ok, like the Weekly Snapmatic Contest.

Either is fine.

• Mister Pink, Mach1bud and Great Britain like this

The American Army 1775
  • The American Army 1775

Joseph Stalin

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 May 2017 - 04:02 AM

How to take out pics from Xbox 360?

REXX
  • REXX

REXX | ALEXA - Content Creator & GTA Photographer

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 18 May 2017 - 08:14 AM

Gonna give this one a go :p

uNi
  • uNi

Feroci

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 May 2017 - 09:03 AM

How to take out pics from Xbox 360?

Take a snap with your in-game smartphone, go to your game gallery and upload it to Social club, then retrieve the link and post it in the 360 thread.

• The American Army 1775 likes this

EddieLTU
  • EddieLTU

Hackerbux™ Entrepreneur

• Members
  • Lithuania
  • Snap Battle Season 1 Winner

Posted 18 May 2017 - 10:18 AM

"Round 3: Bonus round, gather as many votes as you can. Community gets to vote again on the favourites, use this round to share your submission on social media and gather more votes for your snap! Each vote equals a point."

With some folks having an already established social presence, wouldn't this be a little unfair to new comers as far as submissions on social media, the votes on which would be counted as a point goes?

This. Especially snapmatic crews like GTAsh*tographers will just promote the ass of their members entries. And more known people for example: Sariska(no offense, but it's true) would just dominate the contest

uNi
  • uNi

Feroci

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 May 2017 - 12:49 PM

We will have more seasons of this and other contests, as we have a good stock of R* goodies to giveaway. Any issues or balancing will be applied in the next ones, so any feedback is welcome.

HalfOfAKebab
  • HalfOfAKebab

Help & Support

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award [GTAO]

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:13 AM

I don't think any mods (vehicle mods, ENBs, etc.) should be allowed. If we're not allowed to use anything other than the Rockstar Editor and Snapmatic filters to edit the photo, why are we allowed to use mods?
  • Android and Mach1bud like this

EddieLTU
  • EddieLTU

Hackerbux™ Entrepreneur

• Members
  • Lithuania
  • Snap Battle Season 1 Winner

Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:24 AM

I don't think any mods (vehicle mods, ENBs, etc.) should be allowed. If we're not allowed to use anything other than the Rockstar Editor and Snapmatic filters to edit the photo, why are we allowed to use mods?

tell me what kind of advantage do mods give? I personally submitted pictures made with mods or script tools many times in previous snapmatic contests and i didn't win every single time. People with and without mods are treated equally.

HalfOfAKebab
  • HalfOfAKebab

Help & Support

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:18 PM

tell me what kind of advantage do mods give? I personally submitted pictures made with mods or script tools many times in previous snapmatic contests and i didn't win every single time. People with and without mods are treated equally.

Because it doesn't make sense. Why should something that's not even part of the game be accepted? Entries should be made solely of what's actually in the game. Using mods to make the photo look better than it otherwise would be is essentially cheating.

Great Britain
  • Great Britain

★ ✯ ♔ ✯ ★

• Facade
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:19 PM

Because it doesn't make sense. Why should something that's not even part of the game be accepted? Entries should be made solely of what's actually in the game. Using mods to make the photo look better than it otherwise would be is essentially cheating.

But it would be unfair only if a certain group of individuals have access to modding the game. The fact that anyone can have mods in the game kinda makes this fair don't you think? The bottom line still comes back to how you use your creativity and imagination to integrate them with the game, including mods. 

HalfOfAKebab
  • HalfOfAKebab

Help & Support

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:26 PM

But it would be unfair only if a certain group of individuals have access to modding the game. The fact that anyone can have mods in the game kinda makes this fair don't you think? The bottom line still comes back to how you use your creativity and imagination to integrate them with the game, including mods.

Console users can't use mods (at least very easily), AFAIK.

Great Britain
  • Great Britain

★ ✯ ♔ ✯ ★

• Facade
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 May 2017 - 07:07 PM

Console users can't use mods (at least very easily), AFAIK.

And they have their own category innit? 

HalfOfAKebab
  • HalfOfAKebab

Help & Support

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 May 2017 - 07:30 PM

They do? I thought this contest was for everyone.

Great Britain
  • Great Britain

★ ✯ ♔ ✯ ★

• Facade
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 May 2017 - 07:41 PM

They do? I thought this contest was for everyone.

I mean that is what I thought. If only one person would top it all off from every category then I would suggest a change in rules that would choose a winner each for each category. Seeing how uNi mentioned that a lot of goodies are there for give away, I think that would make sense and everyone could be catered for. 

xaml
  • xaml

Vamos a la player, ha ha ha hater.

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:14 PM

Listen, it is not is that this is a bad idea, but who will benefit from it, perhaps mostly people in your close circles? There is also the question of whether it is wise to cater to those who constantly, constantly walk around with their cameras glued to their faces even in damned virtuality and who are in need of this kind of attention. There is enough of that already and I doubt that the way to go is to further reward it.

Mach1bud
  • Mach1bud

Gearhead

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
    Coolest Member 2016

Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:28 PM

I also do not think mods should be allowed. 

It does indeed sway the results, people are more inclined to vote for an awesome picture of some awesome real life car for example, than an awesome picture of a GTA car. I am also already seeing some shots that appear to be photoshopped/touched up, just saying. 

• livejoker and HalfOfAKebab like this

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner
    Best Ledby 2016
    Most Helpful 2016
    Quotable Notable Post of the Year 2016 ["sup"]
    Best Crew 2016 [The Daily Globe]
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2016
    Draw Contest Grand Prize 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:29 PM

Listen, it is not is that this is a bad idea, but who will benefit from it, perhaps mostly people in your close circles? There is also the question of whether it is wise to cater to those who constantly, constantly walk around with their cameras glued to their faces even in damned virtuality and who are in need of this kind of attention. There is enough of that already and I doubt that the way to go is to further reward it.

It's just a bit of fun, I feel like you're thinking it as more serious than it is...no one's gluing cameras to body parts, but if anyone reading this has misunderstood the competition and currently has a camera affixed to their skin, acetone makes a great solvent for the stronger glues out there.
  • Spider-Vice, Mach1bud and Great Britain like this

HalfOfAKebab
  • HalfOfAKebab

Help & Support

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:50 PM

I think that would make sense and everyone could be catered for.

An easy way to make this competition cater to everyone would be to rule against mods.

Great Britain
  • Great Britain

★ ✯ ♔ ✯ ★

• Facade
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 May 2017 - 12:12 AM

It does indeed sway the results, people are more inclined to vote for an awesome picture of some awesome real life car for example, than an awesome picture of a GTA car. I am also already seeing some shots that appear to be photoshopped/touched up, just saying. 

Why don't we let the creators decide what sways the results and what doesn't? I'm sure if they didn't include a rule against mods yet, they must have a good reason. If they think there is something actually wrong with voting for some real life car, on what those GTA cars are based off of, they'll take a decision accordingly. I personally don't see what's wrong with voting for something that appeals to you? We can think of a thousand other solutions such as to not include said car mods perhaps? The possibilities are end-less. One simply doesn't need to completely shut off from mods. They already have strict rules against photoshopping here. Even photos of GTA cars can be touched up in photoshop. Personally, I can see a lot of people who would throw out anything on their social media and their followers would eat it up without giving a second look. For such individuals, these things should be the least of their concerns.

Mach1bud
  • Mach1bud

Gearhead

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
    Coolest Member 2016

Posted 20 May 2017 - 12:16 AM

Why don't we let the creators decide what sways the results and what doesn't? I'm sure if they didn't include a rule against mods yet, they must have a good reason. If they think there is something actually wrong with voting for some real life car, on what those GTA cars are based off of, they'll take a decision accordingly. I personally don't see what's wrong with voting for something that appeals to you? We can think of a thousand other solutions such as to not include said car mods perhaps? The possibilities are end-less. One simply doesn't need to completely shut off from mods. They already have strict rules against photoshopping here. Even photos of GTA cars can be touched up in photoshop. Personally, I can see a lot of people who would throw out anything on their social media and their followers would eat it up without giving a second look. For such individuals, these things should be the least of their concerns.

I am just saying in order to keep it as fair as possible, everyone should only be able to use what the game provides in it's natural form. No photoshop, no mods, etc. I don't see what the issue with that is. 

• livejoker, MiroAWhite and NataliePiers like this

Great Britain
  • Great Britain

★ ✯ ♔ ✯ ★

• Facade
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 May 2017 - 12:23 AM Edited by Great Britain, 20 May 2017 - 12:24 AM.

I am just saying in order to keep it as fair as possible, everyone should only be able to use what the game provides in it's natural form. No photoshop, no mods, etc. I don't see what the issue with that is. 

I agree with you on the Photoshop bit. Sure some people may or may not possess the knack for it. However on mods, which are available to the public and are pretty easy to use, somehow I'm having a hard time seeing how this would make it unfair when everyone has the free-will to use them or not and still give it their best shot? In my opinion, people have seen enough of the vanilla stuff. If we have been competent enough to create some visually stunning stuff for the game, I believe using it would only make this competition a lot more interesting in the long run. I honestly don't see an issue with voting for whatever a person like either. We are entitled to our opinion at the end of the day I suppose. Guess we'll soon be hearing what comes out of all this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users