» «
Photo

Take-Two Interactive Discussion

600 replies to this topic
Efreet
  • Efreet

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by Efreet, A week ago.

I'm looking forward to seeing the results of NPD report. NBA 2K18 and GTA5 will be the highlight for me! 

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None
  • Take-Two Analyst of the Year

Posted A week ago Edited by BLOOD, A week ago.

Goldman Sachs earnings will be a big catalyst for the market tomorrow.
Will also impact our gaming stocks because investors might put their worries beside.

Then tomorrow evening NPD is releasing their figures for September. I personally think the transition from retail to digital purchases moves forward faster than expected.
T2 is probably one to benefit from that due to they dont sell their new games on Amazon.com anymore

That for sure brother. I will love to see T2 surpass EA in market cap one day. Onward to $300.00!

EDIT: Jesus Christ I cannot believe the thread made it to 20 Pages. What A forum milestone for me (in general). Thank You All. Love You All. Long Live Take-Two Interactive it subsidiaries and intellectual properties!

Efreet
  • Efreet

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Was Watching this and...

... This nice guy grabbed my attention!

Capture.png

:lol:

• BLOOD likes this

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

• Members
  • None

Haha that me and little sister on the profile pic years ago. And also name on Seeking Alpha is Basman. Interesting I saw a member with the name FlatFX last night on a article

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

I can see Amazon (which own Twitch, Curse,Amazon Game Studios) buying Activision or EA or Take-Two.

FlatFX
  • FlatFX

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Germany

Posted A week ago

what happened to NPD data? Has the report not been released?

Efreet
  • Efreet

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

September NPD video game software sales rose 31%, says Piper Jaffray September NPD video game software sales were up 31% year-over-year due to the launch of Destiny 2 from Activision Blizzard (ATVI), the second biggest title of the month, Piper Jaffray analyst Michael Olson tells investors in a research note. He notes the top title for the month was NBA 2K18 from Take-Two Interactive (TTWO). The analyst says Activision is tracking well ahead of his estimates and consensus, while Electronic Arts (EA) and Take-Two are slightly lagging. Olson keeps an Overweight rating on all three names.

http://thefly.com/la....php?id=2622346

Great how NBA 2K18, released later in the month, ranked #1 above Destiny 2 which released two weeks earlier. The game being available on three more platforms might've contributed to this position. Sport sold better! 

• BLOOD likes this

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

• Members
  • None

Later on..TTWO could potential surpass EA in market cap in the next 24 months. Konami now have the Arsenal license for PES, and there is a crazy backlash on Battlefront 2. I will always be a fan of all things Take-Two Interactive  :colgate:

EDIT: EA will never change. The fact that there were the only one out of all three to get Worst Company in America twice is no shocking  :lol:

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Thanks Efreet. Go TTWO, onward to $300.00!

FlatFX
  • FlatFX

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Germany

Posted A week ago

The thing with with Battlefront 2 is that core gamers complain about microtransactions and pay to win, but the mass is not even knowing anything about this topics.
Every 6-13 year old kid probably wants to have this game for Christmas. Episode 8 and the pure strength of the brand will sell millions of units

Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

Konami aren't going to topple EA's Fifa any time soon. The sales are like 50:1 in Fifa's favour and while Konami are busy licensing only a couple of top teams, EA are licensing entire leagues (which allows them to still use the teams Konami license). For Take-Two to surpass EA they'd need to get more than 2 big hitters out on console per year, which remains to be seen.

As for the masses not knowing about microtransactions it's for the most part faaaaaairly accurate. Internet backlash is usually specific to sites like reddit, NeoGaf, Youtube, Twitch etc and there's a ton of casuals who don't circle around any of those communities. That all being said, they're still people and most people know when they're not getting a good deal - they don't need some internet backlash to tell them that. So it's a little naive and dangerous to gamble on those who don't circle internet communities not caring about microtransaction backlashes. This microtransaction storm that's kicking on now isn't something that's going to go away either IMO, it's been building up for a few years now and has become a real problem. It's already starting to have an impact on critical reviews, it's only a matter of time before it has a negative impact on sales.

My guess is that, and it is only a guess, but I would assume we'll see certain developers shy away from loot boxes and microtransactions in favour of some other type of post-launch model over the coming years. There is success to be found in simply not doing what people don't like, so launching a new game without the microtransaction/lootbox problem will become a selling point.

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

• Members
  • None

Game-as-a-service Era..right?

Anyhow, do you folks think Take-Two will split the stock if it crosses $300.00? The last time the company did so was in 2005 (according to Macrotrends.net)

EDIT: Since I am a fan of TTWO and Strauss Zelnick (only one in the gaming world to have the Chairman and CEO role which he fr*cking deserves) I also will still buy ATVI and EA.

I cannot wait to see TTWO get to a valuation of $21 Billion then with newer titles etc. potentially get pass $30+ Billion (even potentially surpassing EA).

FlatFX
  • FlatFX

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Germany

Posted A week ago

$300 is so far off that I think we don’t need to discuss that but if they ever reach this level it would make sense.

NBA 2k18 #1 physical #2 PS4 digital. What are we talking about here? 4M units are probably out of question could it be 5M and bigger?
  • BLOOD likes this

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

To be fair, TTWO's SZ have both the Chairman and CEO roles vs EA's and ATVI splitting it because SZ (60) is older than Bobby Kotick (54), and Andrew Wilson (44) even younger than Karl Slatoff (47) who is President (a role on par with CEO). EA's Chairman is Larry Probst (67) (need maturity in that company lol) and ATVI's Chairman is Brain Kelly (probably older than Bobby). ATVI created it President role this year. I think if Andrew Wilson or predecessor John was both the Chairman and CEO, EA will be ruined.

Note: Chairman is above the CEO. The former can undo the latter strategies. Anyhow, cool that TTWO have both roles with one of the coolest people in the corporate world, Strauss Zelnick.

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

• Members
  • None

NBA 2K17 did 8 million copies I expect more with 2K18. Plus TTWO wants to grow the heckler out of Social Point. And then there is RDR2 from their crown jewel publishing label subsidiary Rock star, and untitled game from the 2K side. And many more projects in development..This fiscal year could possibly do $2 Billion then FY 19 doing $2.6 Billion. Their net income, profit is growing as well. And then could possible surpass EA in Digital and Mobile. A fellow member on Seeking Alpha said TTWO's Rockstar can make a portable version of GTA IV (iirc) paid not free-to-play like SP titles and it will be a hit!

EDIT: I will make a bet/prediction an say Take-Two will surpass EA in terms of market valuation come 2019-2020. And close on near Activision Blizzard. Nvidia was smaller than ATVI and EA two years ago and 24 months later it have a market cap of $115 Billion. So using that method my prediction is made..Mark this comment (unless TTWO, EA, ATVI all get acquired). Note, TTWO quietly bought 65,000 of their shares in the open market two weeks ago so their shares outstanding when from 106.53 million to 105.88 million.

Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

Using nVidia as an example is a pretty bad idea mate. It's a hardware manufacturer, not a video game developer. Their hardware is in the Nintendo Switch, and they are the most popular GPU maker with PC gamers. Not a good idea to base your prediction of Take-Two overtaking EA by using them of all companies as an example - it's a different market with different price points.

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

• Members
  • None

We shall see brother..Anyway here some interesting tidbits http://ir.take2games...kUmc3Vic2lkPTU3

Note: 5 million new shares will likely be issued now that got me think it will bring it up to around 110 million outstanding shares from 105, does that mean they going to be doing alot of acquisitions before issuing all these lot? SZ's stake will increase but diluted. At this point my four targets for them are: Hi-Rez (SMITE and know-how of ESport type games), Gearbox or more mobile acquisitions (one will bolster 2K, the other will bolster Social Point), Psyonix (Rocket League which will complement the growth of GTA Online), and Capcom (TT was going to buy them before settling form a Joint venture which is now defunct). Go TTWO!

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Now can we get the full NPD sales chart and i hope that pour into next week..which ihope is a great with for all stocks especially TTWO (even getting to a new ATH).

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I wonder what is 2k's next unannounced big title could it be Borderlands 3? Bioshock? Mafia 4? Something new?

• BLOOD likes this

Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

Borderlands 3 has been pretty much confirmed to be in full development, so it's almost undoubtedly that.

• BLOOD likes this

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

If Trump take his meds and stay of Twitter less, then I think TTWO should be at $110-115.00 come Friday. Have a great weekend you all 😊

FlatFX
  • FlatFX

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Germany

Posted A week ago

Trump will never stop. The damage for the US reputation is enormously. Also the economy is doing good right now when things will turn around it’s going to be the worst crisis we have ever seen.

I can tell you that outside of the US people recognize your countries reputation as one big joke and that does not have something to do with the people. It’s the president representing this. Trump soon will run out of supporters. Europe is starting to turn their backs to him as well. So who is left at the end ? Israel, Japan and South Korea.

If he thinks he can survive alone on this planet he is so wrong. We are all just some small ants in the universe. If we don’t work together mankind has no far future.
  • BLOOD likes this

Efreet
  • Efreet

• Members
  • None

What do you expect of the upcoming earnings report? Wall Street estimate is $0.74 EPS. Same quarter last year, the estimate was $0.29 which T2 beat by $0.16 higher. Don't you think it's a bit too high for this quarter in comparison to the same period of last year? In Q1 report, T2 provided a guidance of $0.15-0.25 EPS for Q2, so I'm not sure why Wall Street estimate is higher by that much. I get the idea of the company guiding low and beating high, but this time there's a large difference between the company's guidance and estimates that provided by analysts. 

• BLOOD likes this

FlatFX
  • FlatFX

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Germany

Posted A week ago

If NBA 2k18 sold 5M units in September they could blast past 600M in net sales.
They also sold a ton of VC for this game. So it’s literally not predictable

If that’s the case stock will jump 15% easily.

I think this is also the reason why they haven’t released NBA 2k18 sales figures. Community would have gone crazy on the money they are doing with this game.
  • BLOOD likes this

Efreet
  • Efreet

• Members
  • None

They don't release sale figures before earnings reports, do they? I don't think that NBA 2K18 has sold that much in two weeks. In terms of revenue, the company reported 420M last year same quarter and has guided 425M for this quarter, while consensual estimates are expecting more than 510M. The company has an excellent track record of beating estimates and only missed one time in the past 4 years, but things can change when analysts start expecting more. If a beat, the stock will continue upward, but in the other case, we might see it correcting down to $75-80. 

• BLOOD likes this

FlatFX
  • FlatFX

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Germany

Posted A week ago

Yes they do. 2 years ago they sold more than 4 million units in the first week.

They are just selling huge quantities to distributors. Just Online is direct business so 5M is a possibility
  • BLOOD likes this

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

• Members
  • None

That week of earning, Take-Two will surge pass $13 Billion. I think they can even do past the $518 million or so I see near or over $600 million.

EDIT: I think SP could potentially add another $2-4 Billion to their valuation even though it was acquired for $250 million. TTWO have a great future!

Efreet
  • Efreet

• Members
  • None

It's fun watching Strauss Zelnick being interviewed on TV like on Cramer's Mad Money. He's one of the most articulate speakers I've seen speaking publicly. A very good PR character for T2 Interactive. He always uses the phrase 'delight consumers' and 'we go to where consumers are'. The CEOs of ATVI and EA are media-shy compared to him. 

• BLOOD likes this

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

It's fun watching Strauss Zelnick being interviewed on TV like on Cramer's Mad Money. He's one of the most articulate speakers I've seen speaking publicly. A very good PR character for T2 Interactive. He always uses the phrase 'delight consumers' and 'we go to where consumers are'. The CEOs of ATVI and EA are media-shy compared to him. 

True that..And he is also the Chairman (well is almost 20 years older than EA CEO, and 7 years older than ATVI CEO and have been in Entertainment Industry for 30+ years and owner of a Global Private equity firm).

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

• Members
  • None

Interesting as a recent member of LinkedIn I was checking Michael Worosz (SVP Corporate Development: the guy in charge of new initiatives, businesses, acquisitions) page and he pinned and liked Cuphead (did the same to KSP before they acquired it) so that means Take-Two will likely be acquiring Cuphead/StudioMDHR in near future (Note: I said likely so it not a really going to happen).

EDIT: It also looks like Take-Two is bolstering their subsidiaries- publishing and development- R* opening a studio in India; 2K's Visual Concepts now have five satellite studios (was two before); and Social Point will likely make few little acquisitions to bolster their mobile offerings (Pretty sure KSP is now part of them).

At one point if the company gets really big, i can see SZ splitting it into two publicly-traded companies: Take-Two will be renamed Rockstar while it include all of Rockstar Games and it studios, Social Point (likely renamed Rockstar Mobile) and the TTWO stock-symbol changing to ROCK but claiming Take-Two's history and stock price; while the second company will be named Visual Concepts which will consist of 2K Games (renamed to VC Games) and 2K Sports (still a label now owned by VC (irony right)). Rockstar (formerly Take-Two) will own 60% of Visual Concepts while the remaining 40% is publicly-owned. SZ and some key employees will likely own 20-30% of Rockstar. All in All, Take-Two will be a two powerful companies. Note: SZ game plan is to maximize TTWO (however chances of this happening is 3.9/10)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users