Photo

Take-Two Interactive Discussion

487 replies to this topic
FlatFX
  • FlatFX

Snitch

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 24 May 2017 - 06:32 PM Edited by FlatFX, 24 May 2017 - 08:44 PM.

just passed 77$  :panic:

Update:

78$ incredible. This could end in a run to 100$ and above within a few weeks.

• BLOOD likes this

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None
  • Take-Two Analyst of the Year

Posted 24 May 2017 - 08:49 PM

$16-20 Billion in crazy valuation way before RDR2 or the new 2K title comes out the former adding a potential $5 Billion. All this thanks to GTA V and GTAO from the Rockstar label, annualised 2K Sports NBA and WWE titles [the former being a crazy cash cow], Civilization VI and Mafia III from 2K Games and now Dragon City and Monster Legends from Social Point. $100 by end of 2017. And $130 in 2018.

FlatFX
  • FlatFX

Snitch

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 24 May 2017 - 10:56 PM Edited by FlatFX, 24 May 2017 - 11:00 PM.

to close the gap to the big ones TTWO is missing something. $20B is out of reach unless they come out with a complete new IP which sets records.

Also they have an outstanding catalog with some of the best selling games there are often times like now where they are missing an alternative/exit strategy.

Opportunities are endless.

Get Remedy on board and release a Max Payne remastered and Max Payne 4. Also RDR remastered would have sold millions 

So much money left on the table.

by the way afterhours: $79,13 

cant wait for the next two days  :panic:  :panic:  :panic:  :panic:

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 May 2017 - 04:04 AM Edited by BLOOD, 25 May 2017 - 04:06 AM.

$20B can be that stretch but i see them crossing it before or after RDR2. And yeah it will be cool to see them buy Remedy [original developer of the franchise] also be a sweet steal if they acquire Psyonix [developer and publisher of Rocket League]. With the unprecedented cash flow and operating cash they can do more than ten acquisitions in one year.

Edit: I woke up to see $79.40 😱. I see $90 by mid-June, $120 by end of year. And start of new year in January.

FlatFX
  • FlatFX

Snitch

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 25 May 2017 - 10:19 AM Edited by FlatFX, 25 May 2017 - 10:42 AM.

I already had the sale order placed and canceled it before the earnings release.

Still Strauss needs to make sure they have more in the pipeline.
It just cannot be to that they are so reliant on just one huge release.

If they made an announcement at the earning "we are sorry RDR 2 will be delayed but we have to show you another secret project to release this FY..."

Premarket: $80

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 May 2017 - 12:27 PM Edited by BLOOD, 27 May 2017 - 10:52 AM.

$80??!! Greatness!! Anyway Social Point, 2K Sports, and GTA V and GTA Online will be the stars of FY2018.

Edit: $200 before or after RDR2 release is so possible. That a valuation of $20 Billion. So in January they could be at $11-13 Billion and by April they cross that crazy valuation. Even though EA and AB will still be way bigger than Take-Two.

Efreet
  • Efreet

'Jabalous' in a previous life

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 May 2017 - 03:25 PM Edited by Jabalous, 26 May 2017 - 03:25 PM.

if they keep beating earnings every quarter, I can see the stock in the range 85-90 by the end of Q1 2018. I'm not an expert in this analysis, but just a regular investor ;)

• BLOOD likes this

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 May 2017 - 10:50 AM Edited by BLOOD, 27 May 2017 - 10:51 AM.

$110-120 by end of Q1 2018.

Edited.

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 May 2017 - 10:12 PM Edited by BLOOD, 29 May 2017 - 10:13 PM.

Rocket League is so extremely popular and widely successful i hope they [Psyonix] get acquired.

Edit:
Spoiler

FlatFX
  • FlatFX

Snitch

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 31 May 2017 - 12:33 PM Edited by FlatFX, 31 May 2017 - 12:35 PM.

BREAKING NEWS

http://www.businessw...l-Space-Program

http://www.reuters.c...po-idUSASA09S1F

• Kirsty, XBLToothPik, gajrajgchouhan and 1 other like this

Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 May 2017 - 01:04 PM

The KSP purchase is a bit out of left field. Not that surprising I suppose given that KSP has been a big success, but the developer (Squad) is a bit of a disorganised mess and much of the original team left over pay issues, who then got picked up by Valve a few months ago.

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 May 2017 - 01:10 PM Edited by BLOOD, 31 May 2017 - 01:17 PM.

BREAKING NEWS

http://www.businessw...l-Space-Program

http://www.reuters.c...po-idUSASA09S1F

Social Point build up same as they did for Rockstar and 2K. Greatness!

Edit: Thanks FlatFX and Jason.

[$1.4 Billion in cash, $331 Million in operating cash, $800 Million in cash flow].

FlatFX
  • FlatFX

Snitch

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 31 May 2017 - 01:14 PM Edited by FlatFX, 31 May 2017 - 01:23 PM.

They purchased the IP and not the developer. Said that they will work together with the developer team to release the promised DLCs. 

But I think the plan then is to polish the game and maybe port it on Android and IOS with social point ! 

Like it !

edit: could also be a nice game for nintendo switch. There are probably ~3 million consoles sold and not many games. 

• BLOOD likes this

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Administrator 2016
    Best Administrator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful 2014
    Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 31 May 2017 - 01:15 PM

Ooooh interesting, they are spending a lot of money this year. 

I just want to know if BLOOD ever predicted this :p

• BLOOD likes this

Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 May 2017 - 01:17 PM

They purchased the IP and said that they will work together with the developer team to release the promised DLCs. 

But I think the plan then is to polish the game and maybe port it on Android and IOS with social point ! 

Like it !

Oooooh! Missed that part. That is a bit more interesting. Definitely can see a mobile port somewhere down the line, though from what I know of the game it's not super touch screen friendly from both a gameplay and UI point of view. I imagine they'll want to release sequels at some point too.

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 May 2017 - 01:18 PM Edited by BLOOD, 31 May 2017 - 01:21 PM.

I hope they acquire Hitman or THQ Nordic next. Strauss Zelnick already planning on making Take-Two a gaming powerhouse worth more than $25 Billion plus.

Edit: Ismail was already the COO of 2K Games so it made perfect [email protected]: Me and many analysts predicted more acquisitions to bolster all their Labels mostly Social Point. I cannot wait for the Cowen conference in few minutes.

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Administrator 2016
    Best Administrator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful 2014
    Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 31 May 2017 - 01:21 PM

It'd be great if they acquired Hitman with a Rockstar studio developing it, they could merge all their ideas from Agent into it. 

• Spider-Vice and BLOOD like this

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 May 2017 - 01:25 PM

It'd be great if they acquired Hitman with a Rockstar studio developing it, they could merge all their ideas from Agent into it. 

Amen Sister!

Edit: Toronto should handle it. I have a feeling they going to buy Psyonix or Daybreak Next!

Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 May 2017 - 01:26 PM

Not a huge fan of the idea of Rockstar acquiring IP's to use themselves personally, I really, really want to see them do something brand new, it's been so long!

FlatFX
  • FlatFX

Snitch

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 31 May 2017 - 01:29 PM Edited by FlatFX, 31 May 2017 - 01:32 PM.

I like them buying some well known IPs to develop them. That's a much better strategy than release high investment AAA titles which then fail --> see Battleborn

Bring it on Strauss I want to see more and bigger buys

• BLOOD likes this

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 May 2017 - 01:31 PM Edited by BLOOD, 31 May 2017 - 01:59 PM.

Not a huge fan of the idea of Rockstar acquiring IP's to use themselves personally, I really, really want to see them do something brand new, it's been so long!

Since the 3 or 4 gaming publishing labels have zero synergy and do not share their IPs i suppose Take-Two acquired this IP for Social Point.

Edit: @FlarFx: True that but they only via 2K Games published the game it a Gearbox IP. Another Note, It also could bolster Take-Two Indie efforts- owning the franchises that not from their wholly-owned labels and making external small studios work on it-that where acquiring THQ Nordic or Gearbox will make great logic. Take-Two going to buy Bethesda/ZeniMax someday.

Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 May 2017 - 01:36 PM

I like them buying some well known IPs to develop them. That's a much better strategy than release high investment AAA titles which then fail --> see Battleborn

Bring it on Strauss I want to see more and bigger buys

Battleborn didn't fail because it was a new IP. It failed because it was an average game that had a poorly received public beta, was poorly marketed AND released within weeks of a game that it shared a lot of similarities with that was developed by one of the top 3 developers on the planet, Blizzard's Overwatch. A brand spanking new IP.

If the game is good, people will buy it, and when you have the marketing power that Rockstar does that's all that will matter if they want their games to remain successful.

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 May 2017 - 01:38 PM Edited by BLOOD, 31 May 2017 - 03:15 PM.

It On Already!

Edit: That was great. Long Live Take-Two Interactive!

Dee.
  • Dee.

GTAV= Style over substance

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 June 2017 - 05:08 PM

Was this posted?

http://www.gamesindu....sing-our-users

Every day I grow more cautious about the future of R*...

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 June 2017 - 05:19 PM

Was this posted?
 http://www.gamesindu....sing-our-users
Every day I grow more cautious about the future of R*...

They get bought by Facebook via parent company and we get RDR2 on the Oculus Rift. And Yearly GTA.
  • TheWhiteHat likes this

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

...I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Best Poster [Rockstar Games] 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 01 June 2017 - 05:26 PM

Get ready for Buffalo Cards, Chrome Horse Armour paid for with real money, and non-free Adversary Modes!

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 June 2017 - 06:33 PM Edited by BLOOD, 01 June 2017 - 06:35 PM.

Haha..Anyway https://www.gamespot...v/1100-6450459/

Edit: @DeeDogg_ They need to grow plus now they seems to be diversifying to be less dependence of GTA.

GourangaMaster
  • GourangaMaster

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►BA

• Members

Posted 01 June 2017 - 10:29 PM

they seems to be diversifying to be less dependence of GTA.

This is what i am thinking too. While i have no doubt they will try and get microtransactions into future R* games i think they saw the massive revenue stream GTAonline brought them and want to do the same in other IPs. It's not surprising considering the ridiculous amount of money shark cards racked in but GTA is not just any IP.

• BLOOD likes this

Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 June 2017 - 11:07 PM Edited by Jason, 01 June 2017 - 11:08 PM.

Take-Two are just late to the micro-transaction party and they're playing catch up, that's all. EA, Acti Blizzard, Ubisoft, they all clocked on one way or another years ago. Overwatch with it's seasonal events, EA with it's Ultimate Team mode, Ubi's model has been to release regular DLC for games like Division and Ghost Recon Wildlands to keep people coming back as often as possible, etc etc. Take-Two stumbled upon it with shark cards and regular GTA:O updates and now they're no doubt scrambling to figure out what other IP's they can monetise in similar ways. That's gaming in 2017 for you, single player gamers can expect to be SOL if the game has online because that's where post release development is going to go.

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 June 2017 - 11:32 AM Edited by BLOOD, 02 June 2017 - 11:47 AM.

they seems to be diversifying to be less dependence of GTA.

This is what i am thinking too. While i have no doubt they will try and get microtransactions into future R* games i think they saw the massive revenue stream GTAonline brought them and want to do the same in other IPs. It's not surprising considering the ridiculous amount of money shark cards racked in but GTA is not just any IP.
I think they will acquire THQ Nordic GMBH rename it THQ International GHMB or something along that to take a big piss of Square Enix and Ubisoft. Zelnick already have bigger ambition to make Social Point a big mobile game company, I am also feeling they will acquire Psyonix for Rocket League or buyout Hi-Rez. Less depends on GTA, gives wall street more to love about the company going forward and a diversified revenue stream mix. An Analysts told me they should acquire Capcom [valued at $3 Billion] but Take-Two does not do bigger buys more in the range of $50-300 million plus like the aforementioned analyst. At $90-100 soon i see them doing 10-15 acquisitions in the next 24 months.

Edit: These are Take-Two's targeted buys composed from some research i did plus recent acquisition of KSP
(i will not add valuation):

*Gearbox [Duke Nukem, Homeworld]

*Studio Wildcard [Ark:Survival Evolved]

*Psyonix [Rocket League]

*Team 17 [Worms, Alien Breed]

*Hi-Rez Studios [Tribes, Smite, Paladins, Global Ascend]

*Daybreak Game Co [Ever Quest, DCUO, H1Z1, LoTR Online, PlanetSide, Matrix Online etc.]

*Telltales [Talents and Name acquisition]

*THQ Nordic [deBlob, DAH, DarkSiders, Red Faction, Spellforce, We Sing, Rock Manager, MX vs ATV, The Guild, Juice, Summoner etc.]

*Interplay IPs [Earthworm Jim, Descent, Baldur's Gate, Dark Alliance, MDK, Clayfighters etc.]

Note: Most of these acquisition is to build up the library of owned franchises; mobile opportunities; ESports opportunities; Independent gaming community; Twitch Era.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users