Photo

Take-Two Interactive Discussion

487 replies to this topic
FlatFX
  • FlatFX

Snitch

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by FlatFX, 2 weeks ago.

Tasty Town for me sounds like a new mobile game from Social Point
Makes sense now that all these food games have a big success

Would be surprised if an AAA title has such a flowerish name ;)

Good news for us. Thanks for sharing
  • BLOOD likes this

FlatFX
  • FlatFX

Snitch

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by FlatFX, 2 weeks ago.

img_01805vk07.png

When you get a heart attack in the morning by old news showing up in google news :D
  • BLOOD likes this

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None
  • Take-Two Analyst of the Year

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by BLOOD, 2 weeks ago.

FlatFX: (1) It could be a sequel or spin-off to the cooking game brand World Chef but Time shall Tell. (2) What the image? I cannot load it up on my phone.

EDIT:It will be cool to see a game company own a (comic) book company the only time it happened was Acclaim owning Valiant comics before the former went bankrupt. However with Digital revolution, mobile et.al it will be interesting to see that ownership module. Anyway I think the Gaming Industry is about to enter a "Golden Era" hence the high valuation for all the Big 3.

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

• Members
  • None

I bet when Take-Two started the "RCS" (Recurring Consumer Spending) category their rivals were all laughing but here today:http://www.barrons.c...ding-1504892326

https://www.fool.com...ive-is-win.aspx

EDIT: If GTA Online starts to decline in sales i hope an unprecedent event make up for it at Take-Two Interactive. And I agree that GTA V an expansion title. Time shall tell.

Efreet
  • Efreet

'Jabalous' in a previous life

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Jabalous, 2 weeks ago.

It would be great if one of the projects that R* has been working on is a large Liberty City DLC to add to GTA V/O, and probably create a small mechanic by which players can buy and airplane ticket to travel between the two cities (LS&LC). That alone will easily extend the life of the game two years, and bring many players back, singlers and Onliners alike. That will even delay an eventual GTA VI game. Whether this would be technologically possible, or worth it from sales/profits point of view, I don't know, but it's something fun to imagine. 

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

It would be great if one of the projects that R* has been working on is a large Liberty City DLC to add to GTA V/O, and probably create a small mechanic by which players can buy and airplane ticket to travel between the two cities (LS&LC). That alone will easily extend the life of the game two years, and bring many players back, singlers and Onliners alike. That will even delay an eventual GTA VI game. Whether this would be technologically possible, or worth it from sales/profits point of view, I don't know, but it's something fun to imagine. 

I think even if sales from GTA Online start going down the buying of GTAV will continue and will still be on on Top 5 of every sales charts then NBA 2K17 (always on NPD Top 10) coupled with NBA 2K18 will increase their revenue. At this point Take-Two have alot of momentum plus $1.4 Billion in cash it the same reason it got a price target of $118.00 from Goldman Sachs. And they are now getting diversified owning Rockstar, 2K, and now Social Point (which they will grow), and the Independent initiative. And when ESports take off they could potentially be leading alongside Activision Blizzard and EA.

EDIT (NOTE): Interestingly, WWE 2K18 will be the first 2K Sports' era of WWE to be on Nintendo system and also the first to be not be on PS3/Xbox 360 strictly just this current generation.

• Efreet likes this

Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

EA and Acti Blizzard are doing the opposite of leading the eSports scene. They're both very much struggling, especially EA who are finding it very difficult to get people to watch competitive Fifa, which is the same issue NBA 2K will have - people would just rather watch the real thing.

Efreet
  • Efreet

• Members
  • None

EA's NBA Live 18 and T2's NBA 2K18 are both releasing next week and competition is due especially since NBA 2K17 had no rivalry in the past year. The initial reactions and sale figures will probably reflect on the stock movement of both companies, so hopefully T2 ascends the throne yet again for this year. 

Do you have predictions or expectations in regards to this? I personally don't follow sport titles, but this matter is of a high importance investment-wise. 

• BLOOD likes this

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

• Members
  • None

I will be getting NBA 2K18 my first ever basketball game ever! Anyway I think Brand loyalty will strength NBA 2K18 against competition. And then there is WWE 2K18 (which I am also getting; My first 2K Sports era of WWE games).

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Anyone play the NBA 2k18 Prelude? It was short

Efreet
  • Efreet

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Commenting on my previous post about NBA Live 18 and NBA 2K18, I found some impressions about NBA Live 18 demo on Neogaf. I skimmed through the pages and I found that 2K still has an overall support and is generally being favored over the gameplay and animations of Live. 

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

$101.40 😮😆 if the week stay stable we could see $108.00 boys!

Efreet
  • Efreet

• Members
  • None

Hell, just R* bringing Red Dead back to the headlines and it trending on all social media will probably allow $TTWO to move +2-3% in a day. Investors are like players waiting to actually know that the game is progressing well and they would keep gauging the impact it makes on the internet. 

• BLOOD likes this

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Hell, just R* bringing Red Dead back to the headlines and it trending on all social media will probably allow $TTWO to move +2-3% in a day. Investors are like players waiting to actually know that the game is progressing well and they would keep gauging the impact it makes on the internet. 

This time December, the company will have a market cap of $13 Billion at $118.00-120.00 or even $130.00, by mid-April they will be worth $15 Billion at $130.00-$150.00 and if their releases mostly RDR2 does exceptionally great then by December they will be at $21 Billion at $170.00-200.00 a great 25th birthday gift but still smaller than EA which will be at $60 Billion and Activision at $70-80 Billion. It annoying that GTA worth $5 Billion is not always added to their market cap (valuation), good to see someone at wall street realising that with the Goldmann Sachs price-target rating last week. And they are No.3 so that should get more higher price valuation going forward. Long Live Take-Two Interactive!

Efreet
  • Efreet

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

How did you reach to the conclusion that GTA is worth $5B? 

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

GTA IV grossed $500 million, GTA V have grossed $3.5 billion since release ($1 Billion in it first 72hrs) and GTA Online grossed $500 million. Just to add from GTA to GTA Vice City Stories the Franchise would have grossed $500 million. Then there is GTA products that gross close to $200 million annual.  Infact that will be close to $6 Billion or more. Interesting Take-Two Interactive's total asset keeps growing then that makes me thing their have old IPs that will add up to the growing asset currently at $3.2 Billion (They owned 20% of Bungie from 1999 until it sale to Microsoft in 2000, given them everything from Marathon to Oni) so if that assets keep ballooning, they can convert it in to a massive sum of cash about $1.5 Billion plus current sitting on $1.3 that almost $3 Billion in cash. I think they should surpass $4 Billion in Total Asset come next year! EA has $7 Billion in Assets, and Activision has $15 Billion. every other game company on the planet past and present have not reach the level of total assets that these three companies carry on that financial sheet (excluding Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo).

IG_
  • IG_

Thug

• Members
  • Abkhazia

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by IG_, 2 weeks ago.

GTA IV grossed $500 million, GTA V have grossed $3.5 billion since release ($1 Billion in it first 72hrs) and GTA Online grossed $500 million. Just to add from GTA to GTA Vice City Stories the Franchise would have grossed $500 million. Then there is GTA products that gross close to $200 million annual.  Infact that will be close to $6 Billion or more. Interesting Take-Two Interactive's total asset keeps growing then that makes me thing their have old IPs that will add up to the growing asset currently at $3.2 Billion (They owned 20% of Bungie from 1999 until it sale to Microsoft in 2000, given them everything from Marathon to Oni) so if that assets keep ballooning, they can convert it in to a massive sum of cash about $1.5 Billion plus current sitting on $1.3 that almost $3 Billion in cash. I think they should surpass $4 Billion in Total Asset come next year! EA has $7 Billion in Assets, and Activision has $15 Billion. every other game company on the planet past and present have not reach the level of total assets that these three companies carry on that financial sheet (excluding Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo).

It's not right to equate the revenue the GTA series brought in with what the brand of GTA is worth.

GTA's value is: If Take Two/Rockstar had to sell the rights of GTA, how much would it likely go for? I have no idea what that value would be, the only people who have any idea are people behind Rockstar and Take Two financial and accounting departments. For all I know, GTA's true value might be greater than 5 billion, or less than 5 billion.

Also, their market capitalization technically does show what their market value is. But accounting assets wise, the value of your assets determined by the accounting department might not be at all near your market cap. There were companies that were valued less than what they had in the bank, and companies way overvalued (aka bubbles). You can't really pinpoint what GTA is worth.

• BLOOD likes this

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

• Members
  • None

Fantasy (Week Two): Take-Two/Social Point a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive acquires 10 mobile studios for a sum worth $200 million in cash and $50 million in subsidiary notes, the list include Mad Finger (Samurai, Shadow Gun), ZeptoLab (Cut the Rope), Game Insights (Gun of Boom), Super Evil Mega Corp, these acquisitions will allow Social Point reform into Take-Two/SPME and have studios across the existing locations of the acquired studios with HQ in Spain and UK. Strauss Zelnick, CEO of Take-Two Interactive comment "Since acquiring Social Point in 2017, we made a decision to build a formidable mobile gaming label and that what we just accompolished or hope to with these acquisition with revenues up $100 million quarterly and $500 million annually".

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by BLOOD, A week ago.

ffs Apple dragging the market down 😂

Alborghetti
  • Alborghetti

Rat

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted A week ago Edited by Alborghetti, A week ago.

Has the conference begun already?

• TheWhiteHat likes this

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

• Members
  • None

Has the conference begun already?

I think you can listen to it at here: http://ir.take2games...8&p=irol-irhome

https://cc.talkpoint...tity=15_5RBHUI4

FlatFX
  • FlatFX

Snitch

• Members
  • Germany

Posted A week ago

It was today?
Anything interesting happening?

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Talking about growing the company, releasing multiple new IPs, talk about growing their third label Social Point, among other things. Also talked about doing strategic M&As for talent and IPs going forward. It was really interesting.

FlatFX
  • FlatFX

Snitch

• Members
  • Germany

Posted A week ago

I read a couple of NBA Live 18 reviews and some early opinions by youtubers.
Looks like the game sucks a lot.
I also expect a lot of criticism for NBA 2k18 but it looks like it stays ahead of competition
  • BLOOD likes this

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

• Members
  • None

I hope..anyway it was an excellent interview with a legendary chief executive. Here is to another 20+ years as a publicly-traded company ( even though the 20th Annual shareholders meeting is coming up on Friday).

FlatFX
  • FlatFX

Snitch

• Members
  • Germany

Posted A week ago

Also NBA 2k18 just being sold as digital download version at Amazon it is on Rank 1 of the best seller list.

Thats pretty awesome because it will shift revenue margins dramatically and is an indicator for future releases. 

Also the switch version will first just be available digitally. 

Gamestop bestseller list also dominated by NBA 2k18

looks great

Efreet
  • Efreet

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by Jabalous, A week ago.

Yup, T2 looks to be on its way to be posting another stellar quarter with NBA and GTA V/Online alone. Truth be told, I'm more excited to see what 'recurrent consumer spending' model they will be utilizing in RDR2, if any. Our earliest peek at the new Western-friendly model will be told through R*'s first revelations on Online.  

• BLOOD likes this

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Yup, T2 looks to be on its way to be posting another stellar quarter with NBA and GTA V/Online alone. Truth be told, I'm more excited to see what 'recurrent consumer spending' model they will be utilizing in RDR2, if any. Our earliest peek at the new Western-friendly model will be told through R*'s first revelations on Online.  

They created the RCS model back in 2009 and everyone follow afterwards. They also made Expansion titles a big thing. Take-Two Interactive's breakthrough is near (valuation-wise) and their profit keeps growing even though it smaller than Activision and EA. They are on fire! Long Live Take-Two Interactive (Rockstar, 2K, Social Point)!

Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago Edited by Jason, A week ago.

Take-Two did neither of those things, they were late to the party on both, lol.

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

...I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Best Poster [Rockstar Games] 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted A week ago

And iirc they were late to the party on purpose because they wanted to be different and innovative instead of using existing formulae to sell their product. But they have surrendered to microtransactions.

• Jason likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users