37 replies to this topic
BLOOD
  • BLOOD

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None
  • Take-Two Analyst of the Year

Posted A week ago

Strauss Zelnick's ZMC should outbid Vivendi by paying $5 Billion then taking it private selling 20% to the Guillemot family while owning 80% then buy Take-Two and merge both together and then taking the merge entity public selling only 20%. The name of the combined company could be: International Gaming Brands Corp. or Rockstar Games Corporation consisting of R*, 2K, Ubisoft and franchises including GTA, Assassins Creed, FarCry, Red Dead, Tom Clancy, Watch Dogs, Dance etc. The remaining 60% should be divided between Strauss Zelnick (30%) and his partner employees including Karl Slatoff (30%). The headcount should be reduced from 13,000 to 6,000 while some studios should be closed or sold. Revenue should be second only to Activision Blizzard and Valuation of $20 Billion.
  • eyman likes this

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Administrator 2016
    Best Administrator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful 2014
    Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted A week ago

I've moved this here just for you BLOOD but remember to keep it on-topic and don't double post or anything like that ;) If it gets to the point where it's just you posting it might end up locked!

I don't see Take-Two ever buying another "big" developing company so that they can devote themselves completely to Rockstar. 2K has it's own niche franchises and it treats them well too of course, but I would say a lot more money goes into Rockstar simply because they hold the most profits. Ubisoft "try" to market their games as GTA competitors when they just aren't, there would have to be a lot of changes to work in harmony like that if a merger happened.

• Mister Pink, Spider-Vice, BLOOD and 1 other like this

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by BLOOD, A week ago.

I've moved this here just for you BLOOD but remember to keep it on-topic and don't double post or anything like that ;) If it gets to the point where it's just you posting it might end up locked!

I don't see Take-Two ever buying another "big" developing company so that they can devote themselves completely to Rockstar. 2K has it's own niche franchises and it treats them well too of course, but I would say a lot more money goes into Rockstar simply because they hold the most profits. Ubisoft "try" to market their games as GTA competitors when they just aren't, there would have to be a lot of changes to work in harmony like that if a merger happened.

Cheers.... And i love the new title 😊

Edit (Note): This is more of Strauss Zelnick's ZMC Private equity/Investment firm doing the consolidation 😁

Alborghetti
  • Alborghetti

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted A week ago

The organization's current structure promotes the leverage of the communication process as a whole. It is important to question how the continuous expansion of the activity is part of an information flow management process. Nevertheless, there are doubts as to how the need for procedural renewal has an indirect impact on the re-evaluation of development guidelines for the future. In the same way, the customs revolution entails a process of reformulation and modernization of corporate paradigms.

• saintsrow and Jason like this

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

Dime store angel of death

• Members
  • None
  • Best Work Writer's Discussion 2016 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]
    Best Story/Poem 2015 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]

Posted A week ago Edited by saintsrow, A week ago.

The organization's current structure promotes the leverage of the communication process as a whole. It is important to question how the continuous expansion of the activity is part of an information flow management process. Nevertheless, there are doubts as to how the need for procedural renewal has an indirect impact on the re-evaluation of development guidelines for the future. In the same way, the customs revolution entails a process of reformulation and modernization of corporate paradigms.

My thoughts exactly.  

ON topic:  

TTWO investor page had RDR background at the moment I clicked on it.  I thought for a second that they really cared.  But I reloaded, and it was some basketball sh*t.   

If I had invested my life's savings in TTWO at the lowest depths of their despair in July 2012 at $8 per share, I'd be rich now.  Should have gone with my gut.  :p

• UltraGizmo64 likes this

Dick Justice
  • Dick Justice

Gangsta

• Members

Posted A week ago

There was talk the other day in the Red Dead chat about how Take Two's stock had risen 3% and how that could signal an imminent announcement. So I have a question, is it even possible for investors to know that something like that would be coming and if so how? Is it as simple as "I heard it through the grapevine?"

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

...I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Best Poster [Rockstar Games] 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted A week ago

It's complex. However in simple terms I think investors knowing in advance would be considered a securities fraud of sort, insider trading.

• Dick Justice and UltraGizmo64 like this

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

It's complex. However in simple terms I think investors knowing in advance would be considered a securities fraud of sort, insider trading.

How? Strauss Zelnick indirecly via ZMC owns 2% equity and 10% voting power of Take-Two Interactive. ZMC will likely do the merging of both Ubisoft and Take-Two and even EA.

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

Dime store angel of death

• Members
  • None
  • Best Work Writer's Discussion 2016 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]
    Best Story/Poem 2015 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]

Posted A week ago

How? Strauss Zelnick indirecly via ZMC owns 2% equity and 10% voting power of Take-Two Interactive. ZMC will likely do the merging of both Ubisoft and Take-Two and even EA.

Been waiting for the Lester missions where we are instructed to take out the CEOs of the other gaming companies.  I'm gonna invest in TTWO before I start the missions.  Then, profit.

• BLOOD likes this

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

saintsrow: Haha Nice one.

Edit: Take-Two buying/merging of Bethesda/ZeniMax will be Greatness!
  • saintsrow likes this

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted A week ago Edited by Spider-Vice, A week ago.

http://www.nasdaq.co...-store-cm791820

Take-Two Interactive Software Inc.  TTWO is set to report fourth-quarter fiscal 2017 results on May 23. Last quarter, the company delivered a positive earnings surprise of 195.83%. It reported positive earnings surprises in the trailing four quarters, translating to an average positive earnings surprise of 145.92%.
Let's see how things are shaping up for this announcement .

Factors to Consider
The company expects to benefit from its popular offerings like GrandTheft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto online (75 million copies sold but sales are now slowing down), along with its other releases like Mafia III, Sid Meire's Civilisation IV, NBA 2K17 and WWE 2K17. In fact, increased sales of the digital version of the games are adding to the company's margins. Take-Two continues to expect growth in digital revenues driven by higher sales of full-game downloads and increases in recurrent consumer spending.

FlatFX
  • FlatFX

Player Hater

• Members
  • Germany

Posted A week ago

Nobody will care about their 4th quarter results
It's all about FY18 growth and the question if RDR 2 release is still set for this FY

Plus the shift to deliver figures before the market opens which could have 3 reasons.
- they announce a big change in corporate structure
- they want more attention by markets
- Strauss is sick and needs to attend in the morning

Anxiousity
  • Anxiousity

Player Hater

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted A week ago

my sources tell me that TakeTwo are gonna buy SpaceX as research into a new space-based GTA game.

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted A week ago

It's all about FY18 growth and the question if RDR 2 release is still set for this FY

Plus the shift to deliver figures before the market opens which could have 3 reasons.

They do mention it was due to a scheduling change though. Would they not be more vague or at least say something else if the reason was a corporate reason?

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Amazon's strategy so far is to do it their own way, start small and build their way into the industry. They essentially took over Crytek and CryEngine (now Amazon Lumberyard) and are using that for their projects, so it wouldn't exactly fit theirs anyway. Take-Two take over speculation is just that, though.

Take-Two takeover is just pipe dream since Strauss Zelnick via ZMC is the single largest shareholder. Even Carl Icahn (who used to raid companies) had to exit and EA failed to buy them almost a decade ago. Amazon will be a good fit but they like building from scratch and then becoming a big play in any sector.

FlatFX
  • FlatFX

Player Hater

• Members
  • Germany

Posted A week ago

Amazon's strategy so far is to do it their own way, start small and build their way into the industry. They essentially took over Crytek and CryEngine (now Amazon Lumberyard) and are using that for their projects, so it wouldn't exactly fit theirs anyway. Take-Two take over speculation is just that, though.

Take-Two takeover is just pipe dream since Strauss Zelnick via ZMC is the single largest shareholder. Even Carl Icahn (who used to raid companies) had to exit and EA failed to buy them almost a decade ago. Amazon will be a good fit but they like building from scratch and then becoming a big play in any sector.

its just dreaming but won't happen anyway.

• BLOOD likes this

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

If Amazon should buy anything it's an NBA team but that's another story...

geeknetgamespsn
  • geeknetgamespsn

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

This would break rockstar games... This better not happen

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by BLOOD, 6 days ago.

Great one 👍👍

Edit:http://www.investors...ar-record-high/

FlatFX
  • FlatFX

Player Hater

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 4 days ago Edited by FlatFX, 4 days ago.

soooooooo

Facts:

• Stock down - 8,5% 
  • RDR2 delayed. Release in FY18 in danger. Maybe just 1-2 weeks of sales including preorders end of March 2018
  • Absolutely no sign of Take Two releasing anything else than NBA and WWE in FY18

I think it gets time to sell TTWO and reinvest into EA or Activision. 

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 days ago

soooooooo

Facts:

• Stock down - 8,5% 
  • RDR2 delayed. Release in FY18 in danger. Maybe just 1-2 weeks of sales including preorders end of March 2018
  • Absolutely no sign of Take Two releasing anything else than NBA and WWE in FY18
I think it gets time to sell TTWO and reinvest into EA or Activision. 

*It will rebound plus it got three price hikes with maximum of $80

*They got Social Point over at mobile, 2K Sports titles, GTA V and GTA Online cash cow.

*Untitled 2K Games/Ghost Story title incoming.

*Goodluck with that one.

FlatFX
  • FlatFX

Player Hater

• Members
  • Germany

Social Point is just 100M or less per FY which is not real big impact into TTWO's guidance

3 price hikes were announced before RDR2 news.

GTA V and Online will sure generate solid cash for them but with all those other big franchises releasing before christmas recurring revenue probably keeps on the same level or even declines.

Im also not so optimistic about this NBA esport thing. TTWO already tried it with Evolve and Battleborn. Both games failed to leave a footprint in the esport segment.

I dont see how they want to fill this big RDR2 gap. It could be that there FY18 guidance is even lower compared to FY17.

If they release RDR 2 last week March 18 (spring starts 20th) they can probably book 400M more in revenue. Another suprise title would be 100-150M

FY18 Guidance TTWO:

• 1,6B without RDR2
  • 2,0B with RDR2 1-2 weeks of sales
  • 2,1B with RDR2 1-2 weeks of sales + suprise title

I bought TTWO when they were at 16$ and I would like to hold them and see them growing even further. But I think its time to make some money and get back into game around christmas

Jabalous
  • Jabalous

Villager

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 days ago Edited by Jabalous, 4 days ago.

One might see this dip in share price as an opportunity to buy into the company. I bought in yesterday for a short term goal (maximum 3 days after earnings report), but this news was bad. If they beat earnings, the price would most rebound, otherwise the selling mightn't stop and I'm locked into the long term as RDR2 has slipped to fiscal 2019. 

• BLOOD likes this

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 days ago Edited by BLOOD, 4 days ago.

FlatFX: Nope NBA2K 16 was their first little step into e-sports [not Evolve or Battle Born from Gearbox]. And Social Point is already $100 million in annual revenue run rate before they were acquired so $20 million in quarter revenue and another free cash flow of $19 million which is just insane [even though they going to build that up]. Digital is now a big part for them plus they cash flow is unprecedented for a smaller game company compare to main rivals EA and Activision Blizzard. FY 18 will do $2 Billion in revenue that without a new GTA game. And 2K Sports' NBA2K Online [only in China] is so massive there. Plus analysts expect Take-Two doing more acquisitions in the coming year(s). Then there is Hollywood.

Edit: And AR/VR.

FlatFX
  • FlatFX

Player Hater

• Members
  • Germany

"As a result, Take-Two forecast adjusted revenue would be between $1.42 billion and $1.52 billion in the year ending March 31, 2018"

guess I was right.

This confirms more or less that TTWO has nothing left in the pocket for this FY. Also RDR2 wont release at the end of March 18.

This will be one of a kind boring year for Take Two.

Luckily Q4 results are very good and closed the gap from yesterday losses 

@Blood: Appreciate your optimism but you see things trough colored glasses a lot ;)

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 days ago

$2.5 billion in fiscal 19. Digital growth is get over the top, mobile will be big, new titles including annual 2K Sports titles, GTA V and GTA Online continued growth, few acquisitions. Great time to be a Take-Two shareholder [RDR aint GTA but the delayed sequel could be an unprecedented hit]

Jabalous
  • Jabalous

Villager

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 days ago Edited by Jabalous, 4 days ago.

wow at the stock price now. I wish I manned up and maintained my position for higher gains   :lol:

FlatFX
  • FlatFX

Player Hater

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 3 days ago

$2.5 billion in fiscal 19. Digital growth is get over the top, mobile will be big, new titles including annual 2K Sports titles, GTA V and GTA Online continued growth, few acquisitions. Great time to be a Take-Two shareholder [RDR aint GTA but the delayed sequel could be an unprecedented hit]

you have real passion for TTWO  :lol:

• BLOOD likes this

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 3 days ago

Take-Two sure is smart, take the hit at premarket so when they open, they just regain it all.
  • Jabalous, gajrajgchouhan and BLOOD like this

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 days ago

Take-Two sure is smart, take the hit at premarket so when they open, they just regain it all.

I know right. Greatness!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users