Quantcast

» «
Photo

Should Rockstar Take Some Ideas From Different Games?

39 replies to this topic
VictorVince1239
  • VictorVince1239

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 June 2017 - 04:07 PM

I think they should try to get NBA2ks My Park controls into their game for Street hoop games.

• jaljax likes this

the consigliere
  • the consigliere

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 June 2017 - 10:19 PM

I think they should some sort of witness system like mafia 3 where you have to be mindful of who might have seen you commit a crime and take care of any witnesses to add a bit more realism and challenge.

• jaljax and VictorVince1239 like this

Mayochiki
  • Mayochiki

︻デ═一

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2017 - 12:02 AM

Youre kidding right? Rockstar broke the gaming mold when it introduced GTA 3. Literally every game since then has tried desperately to be the next GTA. This game has influenced any game whether sandboxed or non linear. This franchise had provided ideas to even non related genres, why do you think NBA2k has storymode now? GR Wildlands is just GTA retold from an Tom Clancys view.

What makes this game successful is by NOT borrowing from what we already seen in other games, and this what keeps the other games boring as GTA pretty much covers anything and everything one hopes to find in a videogame.

They need to borrow from their other GTA titles and add more of those features, like basketball, pool, surfing, club dancing, fishing, driving school...etc

You're kidding, right? Rockstar isn't the only company who brought something new to the gaming scene. What makes games successful is learning of what others do and try to come up with a new twist.

They definetly need to take a look at other titles AND their own to see what should be added to GTA Next. Closing to themselves would be simply stupid.

• Mister Pink, Zello and jaljax like this

TheHolyNZF
  • TheHolyNZF

Street Cat

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 11 June 2017 - 01:37 AM

I think they should some sort of witness system like mafia 3 where you have to be mindful of who might have seen you commit a crime and take care of any witnesses to add a bit more realism and challenge.

Agreed, albeit I think there should be both loud and stealth missions or rather ability to choose how you want to build your character.

• jaljax likes this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Pink.Inc

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 11 June 2017 - 10:46 AM

Well they already do. The wanted radius in GTA IV for example is very similar to the one used in Scarface: The World Is Yours.

Personally I think it's imperative to take other ideas and improve on them not just for R*, but other developers too.

I was thinking Driver: Parallel Lines, even the driving mechanics from the game but you could be right. 

• MiamiViceCity and jaljax like this

the consigliere
  • the consigliere

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 June 2017 - 11:11 PM

Agreed, albeit I think there should be both loud and stealth missions or rather ability to choose how you want to build your character.

​Yeah exactly, I love the loud missions but I think there should also be a lot of stealth missions, disposing of bodies, evidence having to cover your tracks. I think there should be more consequences or developments from how you go about your missions such as building up respect, reputation, fear but also if you go too far you get heat from the police and rival gangs so there's the added challenge of choosing the best balance and playing it the way you want.

• jaljax likes this

TheHolyNZF
  • TheHolyNZF

Street Cat

• Members
  • Finland

Posted A day ago

Well they already do. The wanted radius in GTA IV for example is very similar to the one used in Scarface: The World Is Yours.

Personally I think it's imperative to take other ideas and improve on them not just for R*, but other developers too.

And Just cause 3's version of heat level with 5 stars is propably inspired by GTAV too.

Gettin up
  • Gettin up

Thug

• Members
  • Finland

Posted A day ago

Never played JC3 but how exactly?

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Soldier

• Members
  • Germany

Posted A day ago

Only from good games though, I don't want to see typical Ubisoft nonsense in GTA games

​Yeah exactly, I love the loud missions but I think there should also be a lot of stealth missions, disposing of bodies, evidence having to cover your tracks. I think there should be more consequences or developments from how you go about your missions such as building up respect, reputation, fear but also if you go too far you get heat from the police and rival gangs so there's the added challenge of choosing the best balance and playing it the way you want.

I don't see why, this isn't a stealth game. I mean some would be fine but there is no need to have the whole choose your adventure thing in GTA. Its always half assed (see Mafia 3)

the consigliere
  • the consigliere

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 7 hours ago

I don't want it to become a stealth game but some is needed i think for realism, running around like a one man army with 10 different machine guns in the holster for every mission takes me out of the game a bit. I just want there to be challenge to playing the game and some thought required, not just mowing through waves of enemies every mission.

Don't get me wrong I like that too I just think GTA SP isn't very replayable and I hope the next GTA brings a lot of new opportunities and ideas. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users