Quantcast

» «
Photo

Do you like clean garages?

63 replies to this topic

Poll: garages (92 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like how clean some garages are?

1. yes (55 votes [59.78%])

Percentage of vote: 59.78%

2. no. i'd prefer something a bit more dusty and more realistic (37 votes [40.22%])

Percentage of vote: 40.22%

Vote Guests cannot vote
IamCourtney
  • IamCourtney

Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 May 2017 - 11:12 PM

Yeah I've never been a fan of the 10 car garage's styling, though I do like a lot of the office garage decorative options and the natural light goes a long way toward making the setting more appealing.

Ninja_Nicoya
  • Ninja_Nicoya

Skillz

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 May 2017 - 11:15 PM

Naw cleaner is better.

livejoker
  • livejoker

October 1st

• Van Society
  • None
  • Funniest Member 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016
    14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017

Posted 15 May 2017 - 11:18 PM Edited by livejoker, 15 May 2017 - 11:18 PM.

Hey OP, get yourself a shirt before asking for a dusty garage.

I'm on the same boat. I never liked the 10-car garages seeing I drive sh*tty cars. Rusty Emperors, Sabres, Phoenixes...you know, stuff that's decent. I understand when I put my Infernus in a clean garage but not when I put a Sandking right next to it. Could be worst. You could get invited to a garage and see this when walking in...and I mean the cars, not the face lol.

GpuMpPg.jpg

• MikeyDLuffy, Coleco and malcolm_tucker like this

Mach1bud
  • Mach1bud

Gearhead

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Best GTA Photographer 2016
    Coolest Member 2016
    Best Character [Snap] 2016
    Mister Los Santos 2016 Winner
    [Snapmatic Awards 2015] Best Male Character

Posted 15 May 2017 - 11:33 PM

I agree with OP. I think we have a different mindset than most of you here. See, when I say garage, I do not mean a place to store cars. I mean a place to work on cars. The office and 10 car garages are not what I would consider a real "garage". I like the shop environment and I would like to store my cars in places like this. I way, way, prefer the 6 car garage styling over anything else we have. Maybe my outlook is different because I am an actual technician, or because 99% of the cars I own are vintage/muscle. All I know is I don't care for the clean museum look. My character wrenches on his cars. Get's greasy. I would like his garage to reflect that. 

But hey, that's just me.

The-ultimate-nostalgia-hot-rod.jpg

e0cbfcefa90ff29e301241e6eb2439d5.jpg

• jpm1, livejoker, Arms Dealer and 4 others like this

-LN-
  • -LN-

Acquired Taste

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 May 2017 - 11:44 PM

Yes, I want my garages to be clean.  The office looks bad enough with the clutter and it drives me insane; I can't imagine having a dirty garage too.

Also, I'd like to add a shark tank with real sharks to the flooring and have my assistant serve me a glass of wine as I decide which car I want to drive.  We should just add a personal massage table to each one and then it would all really be complete. :)

• coach_wargo and Happy Hunter like this

TheFroggmann
  • TheFroggmann

Taco Truck DLC Confirmed!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2017 - 12:14 AM

My preference:

City = Clean

Country = Car Barn

So, basically a little of both. 

• Arms Dealer and kovaandr like this

Arms Dealer
  • Arms Dealer

(68)

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 May 2017 - 12:26 AM

I agree with OP. I think we have a different mindset than most of you here. See, when I say garage, I do not mean a place to store cars. I mean a place to work on cars. The office and 10 car garages are not what I would consider a real "garage". I like the shop environment and I would like to store my cars in places like this. I way, way, prefer the 6 car garage styling over anything else we have. Maybe my outlook is different because I am an actual technician, or because 99% of the cars I own are vintage/muscle. All I know is I don't care for the clean museum look. My character wrenches on his cars. Get's greasy. I would like his garage to reflect that. 

But hey, that's just me.

The-ultimate-nostalgia-hot-rod.jpg

e0cbfcefa90ff29e301241e6eb2439d5.jpg

yz7GSvp.jpg

INmWBVn.png

I think each garage has its purpose, but we are heavily loaded on the showroom end. The MC garage had a great feel, especially with the new-at-the-time pay'n'spray inside your garage. It would be cool if you could also work on your cars in the 10-, 6-, and 2-car garages. The 10-car has a jack already, but for the 6 you could use the creeper leaning against the wall, and the 2, well, you'll have to open up the garage door and work on it with just some tools. 

• jpm1, livejoker, MikeyDLuffy and 2 others like this

malcolm_tucker
  • malcolm_tucker

Yes you f*cking can

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 May 2017 - 01:23 AM

Spoiler

I thought most people were agreeing with OP that a dirty garage looks better? I was challenging the notion of a dirty garage being more realistic rather than saying I prefer clean garages. The pics you posted are another example, to me they look a tad fake and contrived, more like a museum for old car paraphernalia than a functioning workshop. I'm not saying I don't like the look of it because I agree I would like that a lot more (I too rate the 6 car as the best), but the reality is that these kind of places don't exist anymore outside of a rich guy's back yard, and not much work goes on in them I bet. It's like buying pre-faded and torn jeans. 

Mach1bud
  • Mach1bud

Gearhead

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Best GTA Photographer 2016
    Coolest Member 2016
    Best Character [Snap] 2016
    Mister Los Santos 2016 Winner
    [Snapmatic Awards 2015] Best Male Character

Posted 16 May 2017 - 01:53 AM

Spoiler

I thought most people were agreeing with OP that a dirty garage looks better? I was challenging the notion of a dirty garage being more realistic rather than saying I prefer clean garages. The pics you posted are another example, to me they look a tad fake and contrived, more like a museum for old car paraphernalia than a functioning workshop. I'm not saying I don't like the look of it because I agree I would like that a lot more (I too rate the 6 car as the best), but the reality is that these kind of places don't exist anymore outside of a rich guy's back yard, and not much work goes on in them I bet. It's like buying pre-faded and torn jeans. 

Nah most people in this thread are saying they prefer the showroom style.

I'd say those garages are pretty typical for a hot rodder's garage. I've been in many that are similar in style, including my own. I don't know where you are from, but here that is not what a rich mans garage looks like.

henriquedematos
  • henriquedematos

Proud member of the SA Pfister Owners Club™

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 16 May 2017 - 01:55 AM Edited by henriquedematos, 16 May 2017 - 01:57 AM.

Walp, I do prefer clean garages to messy garages, but to be honest I'm not all that much of a fan of the 10 car garages we have now, or the CEO ones for the matter. They're basically just minimalistic rooms with plain white walls and virtually nothing else, which works fine if you want to create a sterile showroom-like setting to display your cars but ends up feeling really boring when you want something a little more creative.

IMHO, we need cooler-looking garages built on eccentric locations. For example, has anyone here ever been to Classic Remise in Düsseldorf? It's a car display built inside an old circular train shed and it looks f*cking awesome.

387550f7343f4deb93ee23f25519aa16_L.jpg

This is the sort of place where I would actually like to display my digital exotic car collection, not a giant bland white room.

• jpm1, kovaandr and Aslad like this

malcolm_tucker
  • malcolm_tucker

Yes you f*cking can

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 May 2017 - 02:19 AM

Spoiler

Yeah you're right actually! :derp:

Poole Town born and bred, in the UK most of that kinda stuff would have to be imported so it would belong to a rather well-off muscle/hot rod fan, and here you have to be at least bordering on middle class to even have a plain single car garage (we're a bit limited on space haha). When I was a lad there was plenty of back-street mechanics whose workshops looked basically the same but less American, unfortunately Tony Blair's health and safety crusade put an end to places like that.

• KWF1981 likes this

Gray-Hand
  • Gray-Hand

Snitch

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 16 May 2017 - 02:32 AM Edited by Gray-Hand, 16 May 2017 - 02:33 AM.

I store my work cars in the CEO office garage.
My Supercars are in my ten space garage in my penthouse.
My prestige cars are in my ten space garage in my stilt house.
My muscle cars and hot rods are in a six space garage in Paleto and on Hangman.
My military style vehicles are in a six car garage in the desert.
Myleftovers (basically boring, but top of their class for racing) are in my Alta street 10 car garage.

I put the muscle cars and hot rods in the six space garages because they feel like working garages, and I can see my character working on those cars. The ten space garages feel more like showrooms.

DM98xKONATA
  • DM98xKONATA

Koh-Nuh-Tah

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2017 - 03:31 AM

Man, I'm sorry, but your collection looks like a bag of Skittles.

56492658.jpg

• Zader, Coleco and Yinepi like this

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 16 May 2017 - 05:42 AM Edited by jpm1, 16 May 2017 - 05:42 AM.

what you're showing there, is not a garage, but a museum. and if you watch carefully, you'll see that it's far, very far from being as clean as GTAO 10 cars garages. automobiles museums are the most clean cars garages you'll find irl. i saw a documentary once about a storage for high end cars in Monaco. they used to store Mc Laren to LaFerrari. and the garage looked like an .. underground garage. come on, if cars can be desirable, they are still pieces of metal :sigh: . they don't need a bed and i don't know what else.. i'm just asking for something realistic there

The first one is a personal garage that is opened to the public a few times a year, there's many car collections that bridge that gap between 'personal' and 'museum'. Dunno where the second pic is from. Also I wouldn't say the GTA garages are cleaner, just more white. Pretty much any modern built workshop/garage will be white unless the owner chooses to decorate it differently (my brother is a Porsche technician and their workshop is just as white as a 10 car garage, like the Mclaren centre). Places like you mention in Monaco are just old and only used for storage, no mechanical work will go on there so there's no need for it to be redecorated (it would still be a stable environment with air conditioning etc though to preserve the cars, so it's not just a normal underground garage like it looks)

this is where you don't get me. so i'm going to be more accurate. i have nothing against a clean garage. but i don't like the extremelly clean 10 cars garages. such things don't exist irl. ask you parent to send you a pic of his Porsche garage, i bet you whatever you want that it will be a bit more dirty than the 10 cars garage

Hey OP, get yourself a shirt before asking for a dusty garage.

I'm on the same boat. I never liked the 10-car garages seeing I drive sh*tty cars. Rusty Emperors, Sabres, Phoenixes...you know, stuff that's decent. I understand when I put my Infernus in a clean garage but not when I put a Sandking right next to it. Could be worst. You could get invited to a garage and see this when walking in...and I mean the cars, not the face lol.

GpuMpPg.jpg

i'm a mediterranean boy. here in summer shirts are forbidden :) . btw i'm all for naturism. if i could i'd go the streets naked, but this is another subject  :)

that post has a very good point. i had totally forgotten about the 6 cars garage. spend the evening moving all my cars :)

Zader
  • Zader

cocksucker

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 16 May 2017 - 05:58 AM

I think the worst part of the showroom style garage is how shiny everything is. Like, every single surface is waxed to a mirror shine and it looks like nothing has ever been used. If I was walking onto that in real life, I'd be scared that I'm stepping onto a hockey rink or something and am about to bust my furry ass on the floor.

• jpm1, kovaandr and A.Nothingman like this

malcolm_tucker
  • malcolm_tucker

Yes you f*cking can

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 May 2017 - 06:39 AM

this is where you don't get me. so i'm going to be more accurate. i have nothing against a clean garage. but i don't like the extremelly clean 10 cars garages. such things don't exist irl. ask you parent to send you a pic of his Porsche garage, i bet you whatever you want that it will be a bit more dirty than the 10 cars garage

Why you tryna be a dick, did I upset you? The game doesn't simulate dirt and grease build up so of course they're 'cleaner' in GTA. I never said you had anything against clean garages, and they do exist irl (there's this new thing called Google);

Spoiler

I think I still don't get you and you need to be even more accurate cos I don't understand how your post correlates with your original post and my reply to it, and if you're gonna try and call me a kid by referring to my brother as my parent, why not try doing it with proper spelling and punctuation? It makes you look retarded if not. Considering we basically agree on the thread subject I don't know why your being so argumentative  :yawn:

KWF1981
  • KWF1981

Soldier

• Members
  • England

Posted 16 May 2017 - 06:42 AM

@ Malcolm_Tucker... I fully agree there, the Health & Safety has gone fa to OTT in this country... There's always some bigwig telling us that idiots are doing silly things, and I know the UK has many planks, but it does take the piss man... Nearly all my 'old haunts' as a kid are gone or paved over and look like sh*t!

So sad to see that.

@ Machbud1 and All others voting 'Dirty'... Yeah, I rushed into my decision, a choice certainly should be there, 100%... Old duffers, classics, muscle and the like in a rough place, the supers and maybe sports in the showroom type...

Erm, wanna change my vote to an option 3, that needs to be added, I feel... 3. A bit of both please, player's choice upon purchase please.

• malcolm_tucker and kovaandr like this

ALifeOfMisery
  • ALifeOfMisery

I see dead people...real ones....often.

• Members
  • England

Posted 16 May 2017 - 07:08 AM

I never really thought of the 10 car and CEO garages as "garages", always considered them as showrooms. I like the clean aesthetic for super/sport/race collections.

I would like something more along the lines of the 6 car garage aesthetic but with a larger capacity for muscle/vans/offroad collections.
  • Yinepi and kovaandr like this

aaronBLUEeyes
  • aaronBLUEeyes

Sovereign for the GUILD of CALAMIT0US INTENT

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2017 - 09:06 AM

I like the idea of variety and customization for both grungy and clean, but what I don't like is the vehicle lighting in CEO garages.

The lighting of the vehicle models themselves seem off in the way they are lit, they appear to be too dark.

This doesn't happen in vanilla garages, MC clubs or Import warehouses but does in CEO garages IMO.

Solid Scorpion
  • Solid Scorpion

Such a lust for GTA, Whoo?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 May 2017 - 10:20 PM

I like my garages like I like my women.Dirty dilapidated with damp oily patches here and there.

20 muscles in a sh*tty warehouse would be much more fitting than what I've got going on atm.

• Coleco and kovaandr like this

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 17 May 2017 - 05:27 AM

I like my garages like I like my women.Dirty dilapidated with damp oily patches here and there.

20 muscles in a sh*tty warehouse would be much more fitting than what I've got going on atm.

redneck festival faithful detected :lol:

Skeve613
  • Skeve613

Cargobob at heart.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2017 - 05:52 AM

Putting a super car or rare classic in a spotless garage feels appropriate.

Putting dirty matte desert tan Insurgent on a mirrored floor doesn't, somehow.

Basically, I'd like both options on a large scale.

• kovaandr likes this

Nugsy
  • Nugsy

President of Restless MC

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 17 May 2017 - 09:45 AM

I've voted for clean despite the fact that if it were not for lighting issues I would prefer a more realistic concrete setting.

Only in the clean 10 car garages do you get decent lighting to show off your paintwork. The 'clean' office garages have terrible lighting for this. In fact I think the lighting is better in the grotty 6 car garage than in the CEO garages.

I love the look of the biker clubhouse storage but again my paintwork is not showcased there.

R* got it right first time around but then settled for 2nd rate lighting elsewhere. It sucks. Only 60 of 10 vehicles are good to walk around and show off.

• Arms Dealer likes this

Yinepi
  • Yinepi

Wepwawet Wannabe

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 18 May 2017 - 04:16 AM

It always seemed weird to me that garages in dirtier areas like the 124 Popular Street have the shiny 10-car garage instead of something that looks more industrial-like.

I think options to customize the garages interior would be very beneficial in pleasing all sides. Me personally, I dislike the current 10-car garage. It reminds me of a hospital and no much of a garage at all. Yet again, I'm one the weird people that would store their 2 million supercar in a barn in the desert.

• jpm1 and kovaandr like this

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:23 AM

came by chance across that post. probably a SP modded game. for me it's 100x better

http://gtaforums.com...d/?p=1069577981

LordMarvel
  • LordMarvel

Born to Reign.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 May 2017 - 11:11 AM

Honestly? I'd like the option to have either clean or dirty. Clean is my preferable choice, but have dirty there for those who want it.

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 May 2017 - 04:44 PM

I like the 10 garages, clean look but I wish they were huge like 4-5 aisles wide.

IceDree
  • IceDree

Concierge Of Crime 💀

• Members
  • Saudi-Arabia

Posted 18 May 2017 - 08:48 PM

I prefer clean garages, but not the 10-car garage we have. I hate that one, the white walls makes me feel like I'm in a hospital. That's why I moved the bulk of my collection to the office. #OceanView

The office garages themselves are aight, it could've been done better ... But hey, it could've been a lot worse lol.

Personally I think the Test Drive Unlimited games got it best.

TestDrive22011-02-2221-35-34-46.jpg?w=48

test-drive-unlimited-2-car-lot-mansion-s
  • kovaandr likes this

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 May 2017 - 09:15 PM

Having a nice limited made car in real life but stuck with storing it in a crappy garage, yes I'm all for getting to experience a crystal clean lab room showroom level garage....even if it's in a video game.

Hellbendzor
  • Hellbendzor

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 18 May 2017 - 09:55 PM

I like my stuff clean, including my garages... But I do have to admit, I like the 6 car garages way better than the 10 car garages... Overal look is more cosy to me. For that reason on my male character I recreated my very first garage ( six car close to tinsel towers) including the cars within... I get a nice nostalgic feeling whenever I enter that one...

But with all the cars we collected over the past two years, one needs as much carspots in relation to the owned properties, thus the ten car garages... Personally IRL if I would own supercars I wouldn't put them in a warehouse either... The storage facility would have to be squeaky clean as well... So I would end up with a look like the 10 car garages, go figure... It's indeed not a garage, but more a showroom... (Still like the 6 car garages better though ;-) )

And on a sidenote, I'm very pleased with the CEO-garages... No complaint in that department from me... Very nice storage facility and animations... love that one...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users