Quantcast

» «
Photo

Do you like clean garages?

63 replies to this topic

Poll: garages (92 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like how clean some garages are?

1. yes (55 votes [59.78%])

Percentage of vote: 59.78%

2. no. i'd prefer something a bit more dusty and more realistic (37 votes [40.22%])

Percentage of vote: 40.22%

Vote Guests cannot vote
jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 2 weeks ago

personnally i find that thing totally silly. i mean it looks like to a surgery room, but not to a cars storage place. i think being able to park cars in something like CEO car theft hangar, or even in closed leveled parkings like the ones we have in game with the jump on top would have been much better.

wouldn't have it been better to be able to park our cars in there

XWzcQZy.jpg

or even this

IMG_8597.jpg

but not this

tTafwLq.jpg

• Solid Scorpion, Aether, henriquedematos and 2 others like this

whywontyoulisten
  • whywontyoulisten

Adapt or die

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 2 weeks ago

It's a showroom, not a garage. Perfect lighting to show off your multimillion-dollar toys. Buy the smaller properties if you want something grimy.

• jazzbone, coach_wargo, LeakyLine and 13 others like this

Nick1020
  • Nick1020

King of crap

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Unless your a fan of that, most people with 6 or 7 figure rides would not put them in a dirty, grimey warehouse. Although having a warehouse that stores PV would be nice.
  • ten-a-penny and LightningLord like this

KWF1981
  • KWF1981

Homie

• Members
  • England

Posted 2 weeks ago

I ain't paying for no sh*t-hole for my babies to sit there awaiting my expert touch... Buy a cheap, smaller, rougher place for that... I bought luxury apartments with showrooms, I want my collections looking polished for when I'm ready to cruise around.

Also, fill the I/E w/h with some low/mid range cars, get the thing looking like it's active, then there's more life in it. But my showpieces, well, that's no way to treat a lady...

You want mess?... Step into my Office... Lol.

• ten-a-penny, Apollo00063 and IamCourtney like this

REXX
  • REXX

The guy who wants catsuits and a Railgun. Rexx | Alexa

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by REXX, 2 weeks ago.

I prefer clean garages. A three million dollar X80 Proto sitting in a sh*thole is a bit stupid to me. I would love a Special Vehicle garage just for my most used vehicles. I'd pay $2,000,000 for it, easily.
  • kovaandr likes this

Darth Absentis
  • Darth Absentis

Probably not your father

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 2 weeks ago

I could live with the middle option if there were more lights.

Ray's Occult Books
  • Ray's Occult Books

Snitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Ray's Occult Books, 2 weeks ago.

Yes a clean, well ordered garage.
I hate the fact we can't interact with much too.
Also has anyone notice how crappy and cheap the cars look under the dust sheets!
Absolutely shocking this isn't even PS2 graphics and get a load of the size of the wheels too,
Rockstar being cheap and lazy again.
The lighting in the office garages is pretty dismal too,
too dark you can't see the colours of the cars pointless.
  • coach_wargo and kovaandr like this

Coleco
  • Coleco

Shut up and dance you FOOLS

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 2 weeks ago

I want a "garage" garage. Not a showroom.

The smell of oil, an old radio somewhere faintly echoing soft rock into the dingy, cavernous space between the splutters of engines roaring into life and clangs of metal tools on cold concrete floors, some long-forgotten neglected vehicle in the corner thick with dust and piled high with part-worn tires, unused mufflers and miscellaneous spare panels for a dozen cars in a multitude of colours... 

I love the garage environment R* provided in the last CEO update - I just wish it was for our own cars, not the clownshoes Hotwheels monstrosities we're expected to deliver to invisible customers while being shot at by a brainless motorized army in identical Sultan RS's melting into existence around the corner from our current location. 

I'm not one for the lifestyles of the rich and famous, which I guess means I'm really not the intended demographic for GTAO. 

• jpm1, livejoker, henriquedematos and 8 others like this

malcolm_tucker
  • malcolm_tucker

Yes you f*cking can

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

The notion that dirty garages are more realistic is wrong tbh, anyone with 10's of cars irl will have a clean, air conditioned and heated garage

8375d1194009124-rich-guys-garage-dream-c

9680c239004845c9b6dc21176bf37f9d.jpg

I prefer the dirty garages, I want a 10 car garage that is styled like a 6 car garage. I'm not a fan of the lighting anywhere, every type is too dark except the 10 car garages which are too bright, to the extent that the colours look off

• aaronBLUEeyes, LightningLord, Apollo00063 and 3 others like this

Ray's Occult Books
  • Ray's Occult Books

Snitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

garage environment R* provided in the last CEO update - I just wish it was for our own cars, not the clownshoes Hotwheels monstrosities we're expected to deliver to invisible customers

I agree with you there about a living breathing garage.
And those cars we have to deliver who modified them Stevie Wonder!
Rockstar Game developers aren't car people or have any clue about car culture or modifications. A few colored stripes stupid next to useless spoilers,
dollar rims and white wall tyres,
what retard would order a car with that crap on it.
  • jpm1, BLACK DYNAM1TE and Coleco like this

whywontyoulisten
  • whywontyoulisten

Adapt or die

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 2 weeks ago

The smell of oil, an old radio somewhere faintly echoing soft rock into the dingy, cavernous space between the splutters of engines roaring into life and clangs of metal tools on cold concrete floors, some long-forgotten neglected vehicle in the corner thick with dust and piled high with part-worn tires, unused mufflers and miscellaneous spare panels for a dozen cars in a multitude of colours...

This describes the clubhouses perfectly, particularly the 2-storey without the mod shop. Shame you can't put cars in them anymore.

• BLACK DYNAM1TE and kovaandr like this

Ray's Occult Books
  • Ray's Occult Books

Snitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Ray's Occult Books, 2 weeks ago.

A Jay Leno style garage would of been better than the dark multi store shambles we have the the CEO offices, the lighting is absolutely terrible, no matter which floor your place your cars on it still looks crap.
Have all your nice cars on display in positions which you choose, addition of artwork and automotive posters on the walls.
A workshop where you can see cars being worked on, even a few NPCs walking around and do maintenance and repairs.
  • kovaandr likes this

Coleco
  • Coleco

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 2 weeks ago

This describes the clubhouses perfectly, particularly the 2-storey without the mod shop. Shame you can't put cars in them anymore.

I know... it's so frustrating that there are some great environments for photos and Editor films and as usual almost everything is off limits when all I'm after is a simple shot or clip of me with my PV Stratum in a location that looks like it's being serviced.

I can get into various LSC's for some sneaky camera work but the Biker Clubhouse and CEO garage are so much better (top job with environment and set dressing as usual... R* are really, really good at that :) ).

• PajeroJonas likes this

Black-Dragon96
  • Black-Dragon96

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Black-Dragon96, 2 weeks ago.

Spoiler

The 10 car garages are definitly to clean and to bright. They look boring and unpersonal.
Give me a big old factory hall with warm lighting, dark floor, brick walls, open steel structure, big (clean) windows and i would be happy.

Basicly the picture in the spoiler as a garage.
  • jpm1, ripsta, godtrams and 2 others like this

BLACK DYNAM1TE
  • BLACK DYNAM1TE

GTA KING. NO CHEAT CODES.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

OP....Last time you been in a actual chop shop?

If you don't commit crimes in real life or ever have committed a crime, then really you have no say so. For those complaining, you may not know what the term "dirty work" actually means. How this game ends up in consoles of people with "soft hands" I will never know. f*cking Hipsters...cant even do crime right.

NEXT POLL:

"Should they replace whiskey with Frappe?" or "Do you think we should have Room mates/ Share Apartments to split bills?"

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Wanna play with me on PS4? Add me: rph_brasil

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 2 weeks ago

Sorry but I estimate that my car and bike collection goes past the 10 million mark, no way I'mean putting soo much value in a dirty warehouse, specially because I like to drive all vehicles I own.

Jenkiiii
  • Jenkiiii

Looking Good In The Hood

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 2 weeks ago

This is my fourth year playing GTA online, and during that time I've amassed an absolute fortune in cash, yachts, CEO offices, warehouses, drug businesses, etc, etc... and hoards of multimillion dollar cars, military vehicles and special vehicles.

I've gone from owning a 2-door garage under a dirty motorway overpass, to owning super-luxury CEO garages in one of the most expensive parts of town.

So, YES absolutely, I want shiny-sparkly garages with luxury décor and facilities.

It would be nice, however, if Rockstar gave us warehouses or hangers to store our Pegasus vehicles, and we can always go to our MC Clubhouse if we want to 'slum' it.

But all those luxury super and sports cars need a luxury place to store them in a luxury part of town.

• -LN- and Hellbendzor like this

The-Irish-Hunter
  • The-Irish-Hunter

Do you have a moment to talk about our lord and savior, Hunter?

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

I prefer the dirty ones.

But I value car space over all. So unfortunately I have to use the shiny ones... If there were dirty 10 car garages, or dirty office garages, I'd be all over them.

• jpm1, kovaandr and A.Nothingman like this

Milfrah
  • Milfrah

Bad Mommy

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

I rather like the sterile look of the garages but I'm a bad person to ask because I want my surroundings to be overly-clean.

• -LN- likes this

ragedandcaged
  • ragedandcaged

FURIOUS STYLES

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

I want a dirty garage for certain cars. Also an option to have the blood stay on certain cars would be nice. Especially when running over other players.

Run enough players over and unlock the dripping paint job for 100K.
  • kovaandr likes this

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

ROAD TO 100K Player Kills 20K TO GO!

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 2 weeks ago

the minimalist all white was cool at first but got old really fast, some options would be welcomed, when i first entered my i/e warehouse the first words that popped into my mind were "this is how a garage should look"
  • kovaandr likes this

Jenkiiii
  • Jenkiiii

Looking Good In The Hood

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 2 weeks ago

Rockstar should give us a full range of garage décor options, like they do with CEO offices, but ranging from extremely dirty to extremely sparkly.

They could charge us for this, like they currently do with CEO garages, but with the dirtiest and most basic option being free.

• Coleco, -LN-, Yinepi and 1 other like this

autofanatic
  • autofanatic

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

The notion that dirty garages are more realistic is wrong tbh, anyone with 10's of cars irl will have a clean, air conditioned and heated garage

I prefer the dirty garages, I want a 10 car garage that is styled like a 6 car garage. I'm not a fan of the lighting anywhere, every type is too dark except the 10 car garages which are too bright, to the extent that the colours look off

These garages will be good.

A.Nothingman
  • A.Nothingman

Ex-President

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 2 weeks ago

I don't like the shiny ones at all. I don't care if rich people do it in real life or not. Rich people tend to like a bunch of very ugly stuff imo.

• Yinepi and kovaandr like this

Prince_Polaris
  • Prince_Polaris

Where did I park my Tornado?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Yes a clean, well ordered garage.
I hate the fact we can't interact with much too.
Also has anyone notice how crappy and cheap the cars look under the dust sheets!
Absolutely shocking this isn't even PS2 graphics and get a load of the size of the wheels too,
Rockstar being cheap and lazy again.
The lighting in the office garages is pretty dismal too,
too dark you can't see the colours of the cars pointless.

Wait until you notice what is obviously a Z-type under a cover even when you don't have one

Coleco
  • Coleco

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 2 weeks ago

Rockstar should give us a full range of garage décor options, like they do with CEO offices, but ranging from extremely dirty to extremely sparkly.

And fluffy options too? How about crunchy?

ui ui ui

• Jenkiiii and -LN- like this

coelacanth72
  • coelacanth72

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

The existing 10 car garages reflect pretty well what a (fairly) high end garage a rich guy might have would look like, ditto the 20 car garages a filthy rich guy might have. Still, the price of a 10 car garage is very low, so it'd be nice if there were other interiors, some nicer and some grungier. The vehicle warehouse is appropriately nasty for a chopshop, but your pvs are fairly legitimate so it follows those garages would be nicer. Notice the smaller garages can get pretty nasty. Remember your first 2 car garage?
  • KWF1981 and kovaandr like this

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by jpm1, 2 weeks ago.

what you're showing there, is not a garage, but a museum. and if you watch carefully, you'll see that it's far, very far from being as clean as GTAO 10 cars garages. automobiles museums are the most clean cars garages you'll find irl. i saw a documentary once about a storage for high end cars in Monaco. they used to store Mc Laren to LaFerrari. and the garage looked like an .. underground garage. come on, if cars can be desirable, they are still pieces of metal :sigh: . they don't need a bed and i don't know what else.. i'm just asking for something realistic there

• Yinepi and kovaandr like this

malcolm_tucker
  • malcolm_tucker

Yes you f*cking can

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

what you're showing there, is not a garage, but a museum. and if you watch carefully, you'll see that it's far, very far from being as clean as GTAO 10 cars garages. automobiles museums are the most clean cars garages you'll find irl. i saw a documentary once about a storage for high end cars in Monaco. they used to store Mc Laren to LaFerrari. and the garage looked like an .. underground garage. come on, if cars can be desirable, they are still pieces of metal :sigh: . they don't need a bed and i don't know what else.. i'm just asking for something realistic there

The first one is a personal garage that is opened to the public a few times a year, there's many car collections that bridge that gap between 'personal' and 'museum'. Dunno where the second pic is from. Also I wouldn't say the GTA garages are cleaner, just more white. Pretty much any modern built workshop/garage will be white unless the owner chooses to decorate it differently (my brother is a Porsche technician and their workshop is just as white as a 10 car garage, like the Mclaren centre). Places like you mention in Monaco are just old and only used for storage, no mechanical work will go on there so there's no need for it to be redecorated (it would still be a stable environment with air conditioning etc though to preserve the cars, so it's not just a normal underground garage like it looks)

Zader
  • Zader

cocksucker

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 2 weeks ago

Man, I'm sorry, but your collection looks like a bag of Skittles.

OT: Yeah, I honestly dislike the 10 car garage, and always have. It's too clean, too professional, especially for my fleets that are down and dirty cars that I use for work and little else. It's too sterile, seems like it'd be cold, and doesn't have the appeal that the 6 car has, my personal favourite.

It doesn't feel like it belongs anywhere near my apartment, and doesn't feel like something I'd have. It's a very unwelcoming environment.

• jpm1, DM98xKONATA, Yinepi and 1 other like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users