HD HUD and Load Screens

III Released
5 replies to this topic
Mr. Boredom 1603
  • Mr. Boredom 1603

Ehh, I'm tired.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Mr. Boredom 1603, A week ago.

This mod includes almost all (if not all) GTA III HUD icons and load screens (not splash screens, I recommend the ones from dingleman's Natural HD Textures) in full 4K HD.

All radar and weapon icons have been redrawn in 4096x496, as well as the sniper rifle crosshair, regular crosshair, rocket launcher crosshair, the radar disc, and the pager. Load screens have been remastered from the PS2 version in 3840x2160 (there is some stretching, but I myself think it looks more natural rather than the narrow characters in the originals).

Weapon icons come in full grayscale or the PS2 color.

Comes with one extra load screen made from scratch by me to replace a duplicate.

Comparison images (since the forum won't let me upload images):

Fist

Ammu-Nation radar

Pager

This does not come with any TXDs, as not everyone will want the full 4K quality (I don't even keep them 4K).

I suggest you use Magic.TXD to pack them and lower the resolution if you like (I lower the load screens to 1920x1080, and all icons to 1024x1024).

Enjoy, and let me know what you think! :)

GTAGarage link: http://www.gtagarage...ow.php?id=28659

EDIT: Until I can get it on GTAGarage, you can download it here: https://drive.google...TDMxQVktQXR2MUU

EDIT 2: Google Drive link no longer works. Mod is being uploaded to GTAGarage right now. Updated phone icons from DimZet13
included.

Radar icons for the payphones donated by DimZet13. Bonus pack includes HD font1 and pager font, as well as alternate Ammu-Nation radar icons, also donated by DimZet13. Much appreciated donation.

Safehouse radar icon updated. Redrawn, styled a bit differently. No longer blurry. Updated file being uploaded now.

ΣΓ
  • ΣΓ

Never Settle

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted 2 weeks ago

Some of this stuff looks good, like the hi-res pager, but other stuff looks like blurry upscaled originals.

I think R* already remastered the original artwork on their site (I have that stuff in my game already). Yours are kinda blurry at times.
  • DimZet13 likes this

DimZet13
  • DimZet13

Modmaker

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by DimZet13, A week ago.

HD icons phones based on your files.

Edit: added weapon icon

Mr. Boredom 1603
  • Mr. Boredom 1603

Ehh, I'm tired.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Some of this stuff looks good, like the hi-res pager, but other stuff looks like blurry upscaled originals.

I think R* already remastered the original artwork on their site (I have that stuff in my game already). Yours are kinda blurry at times.

I've yet to see the load screens remastered. I've not seen any blurring on anything other than the load screens, and that's because there's only so much I can possible do to make them look good at a higher resolution. Later on I will try to remove some of the blurriness, see what I can do.

HD icons phones based on your files.

Ah, thank you! I'll update the link later including those! Splendid work!

Tomasak
  • Tomasak

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Spam Commando 2017
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]

Posted A week ago Edited by Tomasak, A week ago.

The load screens looks amazing (except for 24 - looks different than the vanilla, and the background ir really low res, even tho in mobile version there is available high res)

Also what is original aspect ration of these loadscreens? They seems to be a bit streched.

Mr. Boredom 1603
  • Mr. Boredom 1603

Ehh, I'm tired.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by Mr. Boredom 1603, A week ago.

The load screens looks amazing (except for 24 - looks different than the vanilla, and the background ir really low res, even tho in mobile version there is available high res)

Also what is original aspect ration of these loadscreens? They seems to be a bit streched.

24 was made by me using some old low-res background I found on Google because the original 24 was a repeat. It's not great, I know. I plan to update it later if I get the time.

As for the aspect ratio - They were all originally 512x512, so yeah they're a bit stretched. It was a compromise because I didn't like how "narrow" the characters were in the original. Looked unnatural to me (and a few other people I asked had agreed). I can remaster them in their original aspect ratio later if you want.

EDIT: I've updated load screen 24 with the background you provided. You can see it here.

EDIT 2: Before I forget, this is the artwork I based loadsc24 off of.

EDIT 3: DimZet13 I appreciate it, but I don't think I'll be adding those Ammu-Nation radar icons to the pack. I like the look of the PS2 one better.
Actually I'll upload it as an additional pack with the fonts you provided (they're lovely, btw)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users