Ps4 custom race tester

35 replies to this topic
giantsandman13
  • giantsandman13

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

I was just browsing the GTA map and I found yet another opportunity to make a circuit:

https://socialclub.r...46E-TRX1kOATu8Q

Basically of similar theme to my Tongva Circuit that you tested about a month ago however this one is shorter and has less speed sections, and is just a few blocks away from the Observatory.

I have noticed some flaws when i tested it myself, mostly irrelevant but one of the straights has a relatively steep upward incline, such that if you approach it too fast (which will be tempting since its a straight) the sudden levelling of the road will send you in big air, jeopardizing your lap as this is not meant to include stunts.

No problem will test it out sounds like an interesting one

giantsandman13
  • giantsandman13

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by giantsandman13, 3 weeks ago.

I was just browsing the GTA map and I found yet another opportunity to make a circuit:

https://socialclub.r...Q?platformId=11

Basically of similar theme to my Tongva Circuit that you tested about a month ago however this one is shorter and has less speed sections, and is just a few blocks away from the Observatory.

I have noticed some flaws when i tested it myself, mostly irrelevant but one of the straights has a relatively steep upward incline, such that if you approach it too fast (which will be tempting since its a straight) the sudden levelling of the road will send you in big air, jeopardizing your lap as this is not meant to include stunts.

So i tested out your track and i do see the similarity too your previous one however this one feels like it has more flow too it ... I do like this track its route is good so is its layout its technical but flows its a solid track ... There a couple things i noticed that could be worked on tho ... First off there are some checkpoints that need too be adjusted ... Theres some that you cant see from the previous one however i do u derstand that particular area is tough for checkpoint placement because its uphill / downhill ... Altho on all the tight non s turns the checkpoints are perfect ... The second thing i saw was that the tires on the poles ... I think if you removed those you could use that space on the third thing i saw which was lamp posts that need too be covered ... But yeah just some minor things too touch up on and itll be an even more awesome race than it is

Jc10110
  • Jc10110

Snitch

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 3 weeks ago

Very nice that you want to do this!

I got two tracks that require some feedback.

1ste one is pretty tricky. At some corners you need to stay on the outside a bit longer than usual. Once you know the racing line, it's pretty fun.

https://socialclub.r...XZ0S7CvrYej6h_A

2nd one is still in progress. Checkpoints aren't done yet, will do that one of these days, but the track itself is ready I think.
It's a remake of the circuit of Zolder (Belgium) : 

https://socialclub.r...KxEuAdZLSTprhvw

Thanks in advance!

I tested your both tracks and heres what i thought starting with legion square ... Thats the first thing you should consinder is changing the gp too circuit or something more creative and because theres another track with the same name ... Other than that checkpoints looked good no issues with them .. I really liked how you changed elevation with the track and made it feel different from the others ... The one bad thing that i reccommend removing is those slow down zones ... They are in a very bad spot and that could cause serious issues for contact racing it would be better just too use the curb there ... Also the tire barriers need too be replaced or sunk into the ground so when you hit them you dont stop dead ... Now idk how many props you have left over but theres some areas where walls are that stick out and can cause issues if they were removed or covered it would help alot ... But other than those things solid fun track too race on thats different liked it alot

Now as for your other track not a whole lot too say because you pretty much stated whats wrong already ... Tho take into consideration what i said about the first race and it can be applied too the second one ... Once the track is complete it will be a very nice track too race on ... A word of warning about this one tho theres alot of turns that can be cut too the point of not even having too use the brake ... This track could benefit from slow down zones if used in the right places ... The one section with tubes sunk into the ground i think should be moved back a little bit ... Give a piece of curb but not enough for them too cut or ramp ya know? But yeah both tracks are different and are / will be very fun too race on

Thanks mate! still haven't got the time to finish the second track. I already started on the next one instead.... :p

Will review both tracks and keep your feedback in mind!

PrimePilot447
  • PrimePilot447

Player Hater

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted A week ago

I was just browsing the GTA map and I found yet another opportunity to make a circuit:https://socialclub.r...Q?platformId=11

So i tested out your track and i do see the similarity too your previous one however this one feels like it has more flow too it ... I do like this track its route is good so is its layout its technical but flows its a solid track ... There a couple things i noticed that could be worked on tho ... First off there are some checkpoints that need too be adjusted ... Theres some that you cant see from the previous one however i do u derstand that particular area is tough for checkpoint placement because its uphill / downhill ... Altho on all the tight non s turns the checkpoints are perfect ... The second thing i saw was that the tires on the poles ... I think if you removed those you could use that space on the third thing i saw which was lamp posts that need too be covered ... But yeah just some minor things too touch up on and itll be an even more awesome race than it is

Unfortunately I cant access my Creator or crews anymore because social club is acting up on my console. And wait, why do you suggest putting tires around the destructible posts? Wouldnt you rather smash through it than stopping dead? Btw I still have alot of space for props left so no need to remove, but as I said my creator isnt working as of now so changes may take a while

giantsandman13
  • giantsandman13

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I was just browsing the GTA map and I found yet another opportunity to make a circuit:https://socialclub.r...Q?platformId=11

Unfortunately I cant access my Creator or crews anymore because social club is acting up on my console. And wait, why do you suggest putting tires around the destructible posts? Wouldnt you rather smash through it than stopping dead? Btw I still have alot of space for props left so no need to remove, but as I said my creator isnt working as of now so changes may take a while

I think you may have misunderstood what i have said ... What i was saying was taking the tires away completley and cover them with a wall ... Yes tires are terrible for coverage but the posts still need too be covered

PrimePilot447
  • PrimePilot447

Player Hater

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 4 days ago

People always test top speed and acceleration, so I decided to make a map for Brake testing in my spare time: https://socialclub.r...VEkKsaWnjf7TpFA

I put markers for rating based on stopping distance as well. Feel free to use the map at anytime :)

You might think that there is no way that cars in gta can have brakes that are so bad, but you havent seen anything yet ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users