Photo

Wild West Online (PC MMO)

54 replies to this topic
Street Mix
  • Street Mix

The Infidel

• Members
  • Cook-Islands

Posted 17 June 2017 - 06:31 AM Edited by Street Mix, 17 June 2017 - 11:10 PM.

I suspect some kind of scam built on the hype for RDR3 release.

http://massivelyop.c...y-titov-rumors/

• The Yokel and Noale like this

jrl51592
  • jrl51592

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

WWO Gameplay trailer got delayed unfortunately. But it won't be delayed for long. According to WWO's Facebook, the gameplay trailer simply didn't get done in time. So don't fret lads!

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

The Infidel

• Members
  • Cook-Islands

Posted 3 weeks ago

Just record the gameplay and show it to us (of course if you're a real deal). No need for cinematograhic R*-like stuff.

jrl51592
  • jrl51592

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Oh I'm the real deal. I just follow the WWO Facebook page and post any updates here that they post.

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

The Infidel

• Members
  • Cook-Islands

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Street Mix, 3 weeks ago.

Nah, my post addressed the devs, not you.

Posted on FB.

Their reply:

I understand, but it matters to some people. We want it to both show the game off and not look terrible.

So gameplay looks terrible or what?

Some other golden reply:

We're trying to not be a scam. However, just wait tell you have more info. Which is valid, fair, and totally okay. We support it.

TRYING not to be a scam? ROFL.

And they will "hopefully" release the video before the preorder (and refund for it) ends.

• 2281 likes this

Noale
  • Noale

INKWIZYCJA

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Ywiq7rSZepEajplwd3pg_gary-barlow-gif.gif

• Street Mix likes this

jrl51592
  • jrl51592

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by jrl51592, 2 weeks ago.

The Early Bird Sale will be extended to July 20, 2017.

The gameplay trailer is said to be released a week before the date that I mentioned above.

I'm starting to feel a bit skeptical about this game. I'm getting a NMS vibe a tad-bit. I don't know, I'll continue to keep my eyes on this game and see what comes about it.

Noale
  • Noale

INKWIZYCJA

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Of course it will.

The Early Bird Sale will be extended to July 20, 2017.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forgetti.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 2 weeks ago

IT'S A SCAM. Don't give these people your money if you have a functional brain.

• Street Mix and Payne Killer like this

Uncle Sikee Atric
  • Uncle Sikee Atric

Everyone's favorite Uncle, but not Grandpa.

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 2 weeks ago

Until reviews and a game appears, I will await developments. Simple as that....

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner
    Best Ledby 2016
    Most Helpful 2016
    Quotable Notable Post of the Year 2016 ["sup"]
    Best Crew 2016 [The Daily Globe]
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2016
    Draw Contest Grand Prize 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Helpfulness Award

Posted A week ago

• jrl51592 likes this

Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

Yea that looks pretty much like I expected. Animations are incredibly rough, the running animation doesn't fit in a western game at all and looks like something out of a modern survival game - likely because that's where it was pulled from. Horse's running animation not synced with the sound effects, not showing the shop UI's even though the game is intended to launch this year, and maybe it's cause he might be using a controller but it looks like he's fighting the controls and camera at times, seems like it might be very clunky/janky.

The environments are pretty though, particularly when he gets out of the town and into the forest/woods areas.

• Spider-Vice likes this

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted A week ago

"...where you can choose your color, gender, and other elements to customize your look."

dude there's literally like 4 choices.

every person in this game is going to look exactly the same :lol:

• DexPac likes this

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forgetti.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted A week ago

Ah, so this is some WarZ type of scam, aiming to cash in on RDR2 hype the same way that WarZ tried to cash in on DayZ hype.

• El Diablo, Spider-Vice and Street Mix like this

DexPac
  • DexPac

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

"...where you can choose your color, gender, and other elements to customize your look."

dude there's literally like 4 choices.
every person in this game is going to look exactly the same :lol:

Yeah, that's super weird how the gender and face are locked so you have to play as a white man. Does this mean I'd have to work to earn the right to play as a character that looks like me?
  • MrBellicLC likes this

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner
    Best Ledby 2016
    Most Helpful 2016
    Quotable Notable Post of the Year 2016 ["sup"]
    Best Crew 2016 [The Daily Globe]
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2016
    Draw Contest Grand Prize 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Helpfulness Award

Posted A week ago

Ah, so this is some WarZ type of scam, aiming to cash in on RDR2 hype the same way that WarZ tried to cash in on DayZ hype.

Rather telling when the gameplay video talked about all the cool gameplay they had...without showing any of it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • El Diablo, Jestic, Spider-Vice and 2 others like this

Static
  • Static

DeadStock

• The Yakuza
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted A week ago Edited by Static, A week ago.

Rather telling when the gameplay video talked about all the cool gameplay they had...without showing any of it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I liked the part where he changes his outfit, but just "decides" to not actually show how it's done or even the inside of the tailor's shop.

Also the "creator" of The War Z is involved in this game as well, so Yoke isnt all that far off.

• Street Mix likes this

Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

I didn't notice this at first but now it's been pointed out to me I can't not unnotice it, the voice over is just that, it's not actually him talking and playing.  :lol:

Noale
  • Noale

INKWIZYCJA

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted A week ago

giphy.gif

• El Diablo, Street Mix, RedDagger and 2 others like this

jrl51592
  • jrl51592

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Welp, I think I'll direct all my hype back towards RDR2. Everything surrounding this game just feels sketchy to me and I don't like feeling that way about a game. I guess I'll check up on the game after RDR2 gets released if the game will still be alive and kicking by then.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Pink.Inc

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted A week ago

Everything seems really stiff. The camera movement especially. Like you are controlling some sort of robot, rather than a characters head when you look around.  And the running with the fists clenched is real cringey. It's like a guy walking along pretending to jog or how you see those middle-aged women do that weird power walk thing where they act like they're jogging but they aint foolin' no one. They walking. 

Some of the scenery looks nice though. 

• Noclue_42 likes this

D9fred95
  • D9fred95

10 Franklings out of 10

• Members
  • Canada

Posted A week ago

I love the comments for the video. Everyone who likes the game is throwing a fit because people are comparing it to RDR2. Obviously the comparisons are going to happen since RDR2 is coming out soon. 

SIXHOTLOADS
  • SIXHOTLOADS

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

You can tell that it's using the WarZ engine. I just want a decent Western on PC akin to The Witcher 3 or Red Dead Redemption.

Crystal3lf
  • Crystal3lf

( ͡ ͜°ʖ͡°)

• Members
  • Australia

Posted A week ago Edited by Crystal3lf, A week ago.

Something seems so god damn fishy about this game. First I was skeptical about them opening pre-orders before there was even a gameplay video, now there is a video it has just made me question the game even more.

Everyone should expect the quality to be no where near the level that Rockstar creates, so I didn't really care too much that the animations weren't that great, but why does it feel like they are hiding something?

Also the "creator" of The War Z is involved in this game as well, so Yoke isnt all that far off.

Source? Not saying you're wrong I just wanna know for sure. If so there is no way I will ever buy this game.

Noale
  • Noale

INKWIZYCJA

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by Noale, A week ago.

The developers have supposedly stated somewhere that Sergey is not involved. However, given how notorious Sergey is, I wouldn't be surprised if they're just saying that in an attempt to stop people from looking too far into the connection. A thread popped up reddit a few weeks ago, which contained this post. Feel free to reach your own conclusions from it.

There has been a lot of hype surrounding this game that has recently been announced both here on Reddit and also by games journalists, but nobody has seemed to notice the connections between these developers and Sergey Titov + his investors at Free Reign (former Arktos)

A little background on me. I have played all of Sergeys online games starting from War Inc to the most recent game "Last Man Standing" i moderate the subreddit /r/ShatteredSkies which is the series names of their trilogy of games under the Shattered Skies brand. (Shattered Skies, Last Man Standing, and yet to release "Badlands") So i have some knowledge when it comes to their previous games.

First of all let's look at the recently released Q/A by the development team "612 Games"

Now for starters the forum software is identical to the one used on Free Reigns other games. The url also strikes some similarities. The websites to their other games are playlms.com and playshatteredskies.com The url for Wild West Online is playwwo.com

Try and read through the FAQ and then compare it to how their previous games have played out.

The biggest factor here though is the engine choice, and that was what really gave it away when i read it earlier today.

Q: What engine will this game be made in?

A: We are using a proprietary licensed engine, designed and developed specifically for open world online games, and we'll cover our technology in more details in a coming months. The engine rendering is DirectX 11 based.

And who owns a engine that's specifically tuned for these open world games? Sergey Titov.

Let's have a look at the screenshots that have been released.

Notice how similar it looks? Well that's because it's the same engine.

Seriously have a look at http://playwwo.com/ and http://playshattered...m/ss/media.html and don't tell me it's not the same engine being used.

Dan Jevons who is one of the lead developers is also friends with Sergey on Facebook, and so is Stephan Bugaj who both are mentioned by name on the homepage of Wild West Online.

The reddit thread is here. https://www.reddit.c...nded_by_sergey/ Original poster deleted his account and posts a few hours after he posted it. *puts on tinfoil hat* Luckily I still managed to copy it and post it here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users