Quantcast

» «
Photo

Heists should be solo

225 replies to this topic

Poll: Heist failure (149 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like failing a heist due to a player death?

1. No, it is annoying and unnecessary (112 votes [75.17%])

Percentage of vote: 75.17%

2. Yes, I enjoy the challenge it presents (37 votes [24.83%])

Percentage of vote: 24.83%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Great Britain
  • Great Britain

Dieu et mon droit

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 May 2017 - 03:03 AM Edited by Great Britain, 18 May 2017 - 03:04 AM.

I fully support solo heists/setups. 

Atleast it should be optional. I love playing with mates but I love handling a job myself more, especially if I'm in a bad mood. 

You are completely not getting what heists were supposed to be about. Don't want to work with others, do any number of other things the game let's you solo.

Enlighten me then I suppose smarty pants. Just because a specific activity is created, keeping in mind the inclusion of the entire team, does it make it a hard and fast rule that you just cannot want to try and get the very same things done on your own? I'm sorry but unlike you I take it as more of a challenge then just sitting in a corner with the notion that "it's built this way" so I want to do it this way. Your so called other activities that can be done solo are not as interesting and do not pay out nearly as much as the heists. With that being said, I did mention that I do not mind playing with mates, did I not? Just that I prefer doing my own thing at times. It's in my nature you can say. Fortunately for you, Rockstar has you covered and does not allow players to solo it out. So there, stop getting too emotional over someone else's opinion now. 
What emotion are you talking about? My point was that just about everything in this game can be done solo. The one thing that cannot and some are demanding to make it a solo activity. Part of why it pays so much, is because it requires getting a team together and working it out collectively--it was the whole point of Heists. And as I pointed out, some of the set ups and heists actually require more than one person, meaning to change that now, would require altering the code. Finally, from what I can tell, based on the experience many have had, completing these as a team is quite the challenge for many. I will consider you enlightened now.

So basically you either chose to ignore the post I made after this or like this one, that post too went over your head. In it I address all of the things you have mentioned starting from what message Rockstar was trying to give to the players in regards to big payouts and how it could have gotten a reduction in terms of going solo, to it not making any sense to get back to re-scripting it at this point in the online life-cycle to what we actually are talking about.  An opinion about having this option is not as bad as it sounds is the point of both these posts in case it was a little too difficult to comprehend. I suggest you give it a read and then we shall continue if you want. Also, the emotion I'm talking about is also more or less mentioned at the end of the said post. I think a smart chap like yourself would get the hint. Try to go over it slowly this time.

You wanna talk trash,first try constructing grammatically correct sentences. I couldn't even follow this.

Says the person who does not even put a space after a comma? It's alright lad, it's beyond the comprehension of that single digit IQ of yours in any case.

Also, I haven't even started "trash talking" yet. Consider yourself lucky.

Yinepi
  • Yinepi

Wepwawet Wannabe

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 18 May 2017 - 03:50 AM

How do you die when you just have to take four pictures and there are literally no enemies. Makes no sense.

Getting run over by stupid NPCs that have no brakes.

Why get out of the car to take the photos?

Who said anything about getting out of the car to take photos? Maybe you (general you) get out of the car for other reasons? Maybe the car you were driving got stuck on something like those conveniently placed tyre props, and you had to steal a car from traffic?

We cannot jump to a conclusion of why, as that's irrelevant to the OP's question of how.

KWF1981
  • KWF1981

Soldier

• Members
  • England

Posted 18 May 2017 - 09:44 AM

@ Great Britain... Spicy...

Seriously though, to turn this discussion into a slinging match to score ego points over a tiny typo...  Well..

That says it all, regarding the type of player that is voting 'solo'...Don't get me wrong, I get aggressive, but I make a point too...

All I've seen from you is complaints that, firstly, you want heists to become contact missions... Kinda negates, the term 'Heist' the doesn't it? And, secondly, you want R* to listen to the players, and add more, giving solo heists, if ever there's such a thing...

Now, when it comes to R* opening up, listening, and being more fan friendly... I couldn't agree more... They should be more in touch with the players, but I hold Take Two partly responsible, they're running the show now, have for a while, and we know, they only care about cash and numbers, not players, certainly not GAMERS!...

But lets revisit your idea that these heists should become contact mission like... Because that's what you are suggesting in that ramble. Well, like I said to the chap that wanted to use the story mode NPC's to heist with, HAD R* added heists that, essentially, were just 'contact mission-like' they would have been crucified by the majority of players for NOT showing progression, innovation and fully co-op, interactive experience... You know, online gaming... Multiplayer gaming...

So what if the jobs pay more, now that heists are back to normal, anyone can earn very similar cash, almost anywhere in free mode, more than any heist job, except one or 2 finale's... R* did a fine job in balancing that really too, you can earn good, very good, solo, or as a team in freemode, so many opportunities now, it really is easy to make cash out there, especially as you're a gtaforums user, that means players, and tips and tricks are freely available to you, glitches too, if that's your thing... The actual cash is not the discussion, but it certainly clouds the opinions of some, that MUST be made clear... We're talking the way it's implemented, not money...

Don't try saying you can't match, or close to match, heist earnings... A host of other easy ways to earn... The 'first million is the hardest' gets thrown around a hell of a lot, I guarantee, any smart player, any gtaforums user, ANY, could create a new account now, and be in an office by Friday night... 2 days, 3 maybe... That 'excuse' just ain't valid anymore... How long has it actually been since SOMETHING wasn't 2xRP/Cash... Na, just the lonely, lazy, and incompetent are bitching and voting solo...

Also, it's smart from R*'s point of view to have created these jobs as 4 player only, it limits some, so it causes friction between the teams, and solo wolfs out there, it creates diversity, some have this or that, others chasing it, that all comes in to it, and if everything was to become as easy as you said, we'd all have passed the heists all within a week or so of getting them, or unlocking them, as newer guys join often, they would just become another bit of nothing... Too easy, too basic, no need to care about the game/job, no communicating... All that is a consequence too...

What you and all the nay-sayers are doing is trying to take these heists down, making it just like all other parts of GTA... EASY... Funny thing is... THEY ARE... Lol...

As for 'how' to do the jobs themselves... Dealer's choice bub!... You want to turn heists solo/into contact missions, but, just like contact missions, you'd still have things to collect, from the same spot each time, you'd still have the same patterns with the NPC's, you'd still have to take said item to where R* tell you... If you're complaints about how heists are linear, well, then so is the whole f*cking game... What a bullsh*t response. Absolute bullsh*t!!!...

You wanna steal a car, do so, but if the job is sensitive, steal from a quiet spot, out of site... f*ck... You wanna walk, walk... You want a heli... Steal one, nothing says any job HAS to be done in any certain way, yes, the objective needs to be met, just like contact missions, just like Adv. modes, or anything GTA... But meet that objective anyway you wish... The few restrictions are important to stop players making it all too easy...

And, surely, this linear style of play you talk of, one that HAS been a staple of GTA, since day one... Go there, kill/collect that, go here... And so on... f*ck man, you came across as really stupid, you basically said ALL of GTA's stories and games are the same too... Get outta here man... Jesus...

But that's another issue, this game got huge, bigger than most anything out there, for such a long time too... The Original GTA faithful, know how their games are, we know exactly what GTA is to us, and how it's played, or what we expect of the game... So many new gamers, and children, playing this GTA, that have NEVER played GTA before... That becomes an issue...

When a kid that's had the freedom Minecraft offers, another huge, longtime hit... They get used to the openness of that sandbox game, GTA has NEVER been that open to us, yes, off mission, explore, but missions, a=stories, well, just a 3d sonic in my mind, still gotta get to the end of the level, you know?

I still have to get my crates from the same spot, I choose how... Same for supplies, and I/E... contact missions are absolutely no different in this regard, damn near all PvE is essentially the same... So, in the heists case, they are a VERY SMALL part of GTA, a small part, you and so many FAILED at, purely because of the simplest of things...

Selfishness, greed, ego & pride, lack of communication, lack of a real gamers ethic, and, just flat inability to play, learn, or read... Pick one, and I may have missed somethings too...

Have you also considered, when it comes to voting, not many have voted, certainly not enough that regularly vote elsewhere... Tells me a few things... They don't care, they have a team, and they ain't wasting their time discussing it, not especially when every minute counted last week, many went silent here, got their team, and HEISTED!!!... Also, others are way past done with a 2 year old part of GTA, and they just don't care... I don't in essence... I passed, passed with flying colours, if they had to remove them, I'm set, though, personally, I love them, it's a part of GTA, that I conquered, millions of others did too... And others had such a torrid time, talking heists, may just piss them off... Many reasons the votes are biased rarely take them that serious dude, relax, friends agreeing with friends, not on the subject as such, more because their friend voted solo, they must...

And, any poll on gtaforums, is by NO means a fair survey of the player base... sh*t, only 10% of copies of GTA sold have found this site man... Bad logic.

But, getting back to my first point, you'll probably look to strip this down, mark it like a teacher, and correct the grammar, rather than actually add to this discussion, or come up with anything actually intelligent...

I feel for you... Giggity.

• CaptainMarvel likes this

size_m
  • size_m

no, it's not a hot dog!

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 May 2017 - 09:53 AM Edited by size_m, 18 May 2017 - 09:55 AM.

Maybe not completely solo but for certain setups or finales, it makes no sense why the mission is failed if someone dies. It makes sense in Prison Break finale or Humane Raid finale but Pacific Standard finale is dumb. If the money guy dies, we should be about to just pick up the money bag and complete the heist without him.

In jobs and work, we can pick up crates left behind by a dead associate but in heist we can't pick up a money bag. It makes no sense.

Another example, a setup like Pacifier Standard Vans. The mission is designed in such a way that one person can do all the work while the others just sit around. They made the drivers totally useless. The navigators just get in their car and drive off. It would have made more sense for navigators to not be able to drive. This would actually make drivers useful. As it is right now, a driver dying shouldn't affect the mission. The navigators can just go about completing the objective. It's not like they were doing anything in the first place.

It's only a few setups and finales where all four players are absolutely needed. The rest can be run solo.

Due to frustration from randoms, I put my setups on easy and these losers still find a way to die. I'm not talking about tough missions like Convoy (which isn't hard with an organized group). I'm taking about missions like Vans. How do you die when you just have to take four pictures and there are literally no enemies. Makes no sense.

the poll doesn't fit the title!

i voted for no because i think that these heists should be multiplayer like they are now and thought that the poll was about this question.

after i voted i read the actual question of the poll and realised that it is a totally different poll which has nothing to do with the title question.

so i had to delete my poll answer.

you should either correct the poll to the fitting question or edit your title to prevent confusion.

of course most of the people don't like to fail in any way (no matter if they die themselves or anybody else).

but if most people answer with "no" to that poll doesn't mean that they would like the heists to be single player.

Deafiroth
  • Deafiroth

Snitch

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 18 May 2017 - 10:10 AM

The thing about this is the heists are designed around having 4 players. You can't after all simultaneously get the bus, fly the plane, kill the lazers, get the dude, and fly off, You will lose control the second the lazers come. Now, if they had heists based around being able to be completed by 1 person, that would be great.

KWF1981
  • KWF1981

Soldier

• Members
  • England

Posted 18 May 2017 - 10:11 AM

^ They did... They called it GTA V...

Great Britain
  • Great Britain

Dieu et mon droit

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:28 PM Edited by Great Britain, 18 May 2017 - 06:34 PM.

Spoiler

Let me sum up my response to your message in a few SHORT lines. I didn't go on attacking him for apparent grammatical errors until he came at my face because of his own short comings at being unable to comprehend a simple message. Stop trying to jump in as his saviour and let the little boy speak for his own self.

All I've seen from you is complaints that, firstly, you want heists to become contact missions... Kinda negates, the term 'Heist' the doesn't it? And, secondly, you want R* to listen to the players, and add more, giving solo heists, if ever there's such a thing...

If you have half a brain to go back and check, I did not even want to complain. I simply supported the notion that I would love going Solo on heists. Too much for you to accept? Not my problem. How would it become a contact mission? Do you think all contact missions require you to go solo? if anything, contact missions are a perfect example of the solo Heist opinion as to how you can go with team members or on your own. Where does it say that a Heist means you require three more guys along with you? It simply means robbery. I do not want Rockstar to listen to the players. I'm simply wondering what's wrong with having to cover a little extra bit of player-base? Or giving the same player-base a chance to come back and do it on their own if they so wish to. Is something wrong with some more addition to a specific game mode? If I'm not mistaken or if you ever even played the SP. Do you have your little buddies helping you out in your little Heists or is it NPC? Who exactly does all the work in there? You switch characters sure, but it's you who ultimately can pull off a Heist all on your own. So yeah, technically speaking, there does exist such a thing that you are now pretending does not exist.

Now, when it comes to R* opening up, listening, and being more fan friendly... I couldn't agree more... They should be more in touch with the players, but I hold Take Two partly responsible, they're running the show now, have for a while, and we know, they only care about cash and numbers, not players, certainly not GAMERS!...

And? where exactly are you going with this? I am not here demanding the scripts to be re-written or to re-release Heists am I? Don't you get the difference between an opinion/desire/wish and a downright demand?

But lets revisit your idea that these heists should become contact mission like... Because that's what you are suggesting in that ramble. Well, like I said to the chap that wanted to use the story mode NPC's to heist with, HAD R* added heists that, essentially, were just 'contact mission-like' they would have been crucified by the majority of players for NOT showing progression, innovation and fully co-op, interactive experience... You know, online gaming... Multiplayer gaming...

There you go again portraying contact missions as if they are purely solo jobs. It's not a ramble. It's trying to state the obvious to a bunch of mobsters. You know what the best way for Rockstar to avoid that kind of negative publicity would have been in such a scenario? Offering you the Co-op experience we see today as well as providing us an option to solo it out if we so wished to. Maybe have 4 Heists for the Co-op experience and maybe 2 more for the Solo missions. However, as we have all clearly seen, their focus on the Co-op proved a success and there was no need for them to have a light shone on them portraying them in a bad way. The people sure seemed to like it, I did too. Good for them. Does that however mean that the idea of going solo or with NPC Heist members (Mostly due to avoid compromising the entire Heist due to some idiot) such a bad and far fetched idea? I'll tell you the same thing about multiplayer gaming & Online gaming as I told a chap above, just because it's multiplayer, does not mean you have to be up each other's arse 24/7. Having your own space you know... Having the majority of things that should have been there in the SP in the the first place to just Online you know...

So what if the jobs pay more, now that heists are back to normal, anyone can earn very similar cash, almost anywhere in free mode, more than any heist job, except one or 2 finale's... R* did a fine job in balancing that really too, you can earn good, very good, solo, or as a team in freemode, so many opportunities now, it really is easy to make cash out there, especially as you're a gtaforums user, that means players, and tips and tricks are freely available to you, glitches too, if that's your thing... The actual cash is not the discussion, but it certainly clouds the opinions of some, that MUST be made clear... We're talking the way it's implemented, not money...

Are you sure the actual cash here is not what you are heavily implying on here? It appears to me as though earning cash is enough of a motivation for you to fire up a game mode. I don't know, for me if the price is good sure, but I don't want to sit there grind on some boring game mode just for the sake of cash. I need to be able to do something worthwhile while I'm in there. That kind of feeling comes, atleast to me from something like Heists. The free mode events are a joke, again atleast for me. That's my personal preference. If I had to grind, I'd love to grind on Heists, without affecting the balance of the game. I'd still receive the amount of money Im supposed to but at least I'd feel the grind was worth it. How much I earn at the end of the day depends on how much I played it and enjoyed it as well. Something I would certainly not feel while driving a car backwards longer than the other players in free mode. Hope you get the point here. I'm all in for tips & tricks and glitches yes.

Don't try saying you can't match, or close to match, heist earnings... A host of other easy ways to earn... The 'first million is the hardest' gets thrown around a hell of a lot, I guarantee, any smart player, any gtaforums user, ANY, could create a new account now, and be in an office by Friday night... 2 days, 3 maybe... That 'excuse' just ain't valid anymore... How long has it actually been since SOMETHING wasn't 2xRP/Cash... Na, just the lonely, lazy, and incompetent are bitching and voting solo...

I'm sorry but would you mind explaining what this has to do with Heists being solo? What excuse am I making by simply stating that I do not want to be bothered with a failed Heist due to someone's "technical" difficulty while posing a problem for me in the way I love earning my dough. I like Heists as a way of earning money. I fully support the notion of it being solo so I can enjoy the said method of earning money even more with any unwanted hassle. The second best thing that I do nowadays is stunt races. See? I did adapt to apparently finding other ways to earn cash, but only because I enjoy doing stunt races as well. Not only for the cash. In conclusion, for me however much Heists pay, the balance it has in that respect to how fun it actually is to get done is enough for me to be more inclined towards it. I love doing classic adversary modes such as Sumo, etc as well. Too bad no one more or less plays it anymore though.

Also, it's smart from R*'s point of view to have created these jobs as 4 player only, it limits some, so it causes friction between the teams, and solo wolfs out there, it creates diversity, some have this or that, others chasing it, that all comes in to it, and if everything was to become as easy as you said, we'd all have passed the heists all within a week or so of getting them, or unlocking them, as newer guys join often, they would just become another bit of nothing... Too easy, too basic, no need to care about the game/job, no communicating... All that is a consequence too...

Since when did it become a hard and fast rule to have unnecessary friction between the team in order to enjoy or experience the balance of a game mode? I'm sure or maybe not that sure anymore seeing what you just wrote, as to if you are even aware, half of what causes the said "Friction" in the first place. I'm all in for constructive debating in the middle of a Heist. The reality however is that half of the said problems arise from player stupidity (this encompasses each and every silly thing that a player can do with or without deliberation, which I don't know about you, but I have seen a dime a dozen. The apparent technical issue of someone's connection takes over the reins of the remainder of the so called Friction. No one is asking for things to become easy. It would become more difficult if you were the only one running the show. How about finally having the kind of customization Rockstar showed off during V's initial trailers and not limiting it to only Options A & B? From the sound of it, you basically want the most basic things, such as team co-ordination, connection issues and such to have unnecessary Friction in order to make it a difficult task to complete? That is like saying that a game's difficulty lies in it's design flaws and nothing else. What may I ask is wrong with finishing heists in a week's time by the way? Don't we all just eat up all the new content in like 3-4 days these days in any case? You speak of a lack of communication if there was no Co-op but let me ask you, how much communication goes on in a Heist anyway? A player either tells you all to wait at the bank while he go fetches his armored vehicle or you just go through killing everyone in sight and running in a pre-defined pattern like a rab rat barely "communicating" with each other other than the occasional "my bad guys, the cop literally spawned in front of me and It took a bullet alone to drain all my health, damn these lags". I know and would 100% agree with you on the fact that I've had a lot of fun talking with mates mid Heists but would that be enough to not even wish to want to do my own thing?

What you and all the nay-sayers are doing is trying to take these heists down, making it just like all other parts of GTA... EASY... Funny thing is... THEY ARE... Lol...

As for 'how' to do the jobs themselves... Dealer's choice bub!... You want to turn heists solo/into contact missions, but, just like contact missions, you'd still have things to collect, from the same spot each time, you'd still have the same patterns with the NPC's, you'd still have to take said item to where R* tell you... If you're complaints about how heists are linear, well, then so is the whole f*cking game... What a bullsh*t response. Absolute bullsh*t!!!...

Taking down Heists? By what? Stating an opinion as to what we would have loved to see added in them, after like 3 years? Yep, Rockstar is most certainly going back to the drawing board with the Heists to ruin it for all you tough guys. Totally.

I hope you are aware that your entire point about "Doing what Rockstar wants you to do" becomes invalid when you talk about including the same patterns that they made keeping 4 players in mind and apply the same to a single player right? No-one even mentioned or implied that the Heists are linear. What you see today, you tell me right now that those are not made catering for all 4 players to have a role to play in the entire thing. The hordes of enemies and cops spawning out of nowhere, having you pick up stuff as a team, like bikes, because they made it that way keeping a group of 4 people in mind. When we talk about solo, as I originally said, it would not have been a far fetched idea to program a solo Heist with it's own objective which would then have been created keeping one person in mind and would most certainly not be in any way easier. If I was the only one playing on the Heist with my fellow NPC's, Rockstar would have me go in a totally different direction where I would be required to take the said item then. What are you getting so salty about? You sound like a child who's candy is being taken away from him. Don't worry, it's been years now. Neither Rockstar nor we want them to go back to that drawing board to add something like a solo mode. It's not a sin to want to have them though. Suck it up.

You wanna steal a car, do so, but if the job is sensitive, steal from a quiet spot, out of site... f*ck... You wanna walk, walk... You want a heli... Steal one, nothing says any job HAS to be done in any certain way, yes, the objective needs to be met, just like contact missions, just like Adv. modes, or anything GTA... But meet that objective anyway you wish... The few restrictions are important to stop players making it all too easy...

And you are trying to tell me that one person cannot steal a car quietly? Can't walk on his own? Can't fly a helicopter on his own? I never said any job has to be done in a certain way. If anything I want more player creativity. You would know if you had actually bothered reading what I wrote rather than reading the first few lines, assuming it as BS and acting like a kid here. Also, as a single player in the Heist, I would love to plan out each and every thing and watch it un-fold like a master plan. No one is asking for Heists or any game mode to become something that requires you to go steal a car and go to point B. Who says having solo Heists will limit your creativity or not let you try things your own way? It's the opposite of all this.

And, surely, this linear style of play you talk of, one that HAS been a staple of GTA, since day one... Go there, kill/collect that, go here... And so on... f*ck man, you came across as really stupid, you basically said ALL of GTA's stories and games are the same too... Get outta here man... Jesus...

You have an issue accepting any other person's opinion, I get that but what's with all the assumption? Where in the entire chain of my posts do you ever see me complaining about how "Linear" the style of play is genius? Also, now that you have mentioned it, what exactly does a 4 play Heist give you that you would term as "non linear" in your own language? Does it say go collect any garbage truck anywhere in the city in any way you like or do they put a yellow marker on your map and tell you to go get in it? Did you see my complaining about that or simply stating that the major reason of wanting to solo out Heists is to not be bothered with player stupidity? Like yours. 

But that's another issue, this game got huge, bigger than most anything out there, for such a long time too... The Original GTA faithful, know how their games are, we know exactly what GTA is to us, and how it's played, or what we expect of the game... So many new gamers, and children, playing this GTA, that have NEVER played GTA before... That becomes an issue...

Here we go again with your assumptions. Seems like you know how many GTA games I played in the series or for that matter how old I am. Your so called way of playing GTA, whatever it is, is it being threatened by someone having an opinion about going solo on Heists? Where are you even taking this? At this point I can tell you are running out of constructive criticism, not that I'm saying you were full of it at any point in your long and un-required post, but now you've kinda surpassed the threshold of speaking just for the sake of it. You literally brought the entire GTA "Lineage" against an opinion that basically wants to change nothing, still wants to go from Point A to B, pick up some stuff, deliver it? What are you implying exactly? Are you assuming my age? Hiding your own short comings in keeping an argument on track? Trying to gather support from other like minded freaks like yourself? I'm a little confused here. 

When a kid that's had the freedom Minecraft offers, another huge, longtime hit... They get used to the openness of that sandbox game, GTA has NEVER been that open to us, yes, off mission, explore, but missions, a=stories, well, just a 3d sonic in my mind, still gotta get to the end of the level, you know?

Did I ask for the solo Heists to be like minecraft? Just asking for more player creativity equals changing the way the game is played for you? Are you seriously going to sit there hindering the way of progression with your narrow minded thoughts that if something has been done the same way for so long, it has to be done the same way for years to come? Who is asking for GTA to lose it's charm? Having a bit more freedom to choose the way your actions may have little to a huge impact on a Heist is taking GTA away from it's roots? What about the time when we did not even have three protagonists? What about the time we did not have multiple endings? That didn't take you GTA away from it's roots? The answer is no. On both a personal and professional level. If you don't know why, which I'm guessing you don't, let me spell it out for you. On a personal front it means us as Gamers, long time fans who love this series so dearly would always want what's best for this series. That means always looking for new and innovative ways to combine the same GTA classic feel to something new and fresh. You right now sound like you want GTA to stay as it was during III's era. On a professional front, innovation while staying true to your roots or atleast appearing to be is the name of the game in a highly competitive market in order to stay relevant. Rockstar loves their old time fans (atleast I hope so) but they won't stop progressing and coming up with new and innovative ways to play their game just because some half pint is afraid of change and would rather rebel against any new ideas and opinions than learn to accept them in dynamic world of gaming. 

I still have to get my crates from the same spot, I choose how... Same for supplies, and I/E... contact missions are absolutely no different in this regard, damn near all PvE is essentially the same... So, in the heists case, they are a VERY SMALL part of GTA, a small part, you and so many FAILED at, purely because of the simplest of things...

And going solo would not allow me to choose how I get those same crates? the supplies? In case of Heists they may be small but not but they are not insignificant and going solo on collecting a bunch of crates is how you planned to form your argument? This is your assumption number I don't even know what but you believe that I want to solo out Heists at times due to me failing at simple tasks such as picking up crates and such simple things? You've lost me completely here.

Selfishness, greed, ego & pride, lack of communication, lack of a real gamers ethic, and, just flat inability to play, learn, or read... Pick one, and I may have missed somethings too...

Have you also considered, when it comes to voting, not many have voted, certainly not enough that regularly vote elsewhere... Tells me a few things... They don't care, they have a team, and they ain't wasting their time discussing it, not especially when every minute counted last week, many went silent here, got their team, and HEISTED!!!... Also, others are way past done with a 2 year old part of GTA, and they just don't care... I don't in essence... I passed, passed with flying colours, if they had to remove them, I'm set, though, personally, I love them, it's a part of GTA, that I conquered, millions of others did too... And others had such a torrid time, talking heists, may just piss them off... Many reasons the votes are biased rarely take them that serious dude, relax, friends agreeing with friends, not on the subject as such, more because their friend voted solo, they must...

So according to you, I'm selfish if I want to solo out Heists, I have a huge ego, which I do so this is probably the first time you've actually said anything that is correct more or less. I have my pride as well. Don't you? Lack of communication from whom? Random Heist comers? I've had a fairly decent communication every time I play with someone, that is kinda the reason why I admire this co-op way of playing Heists and this thing about going solo is an opinion and not a petition. Lack of real gamers ethic? Lmao. And enlighten me, what exactly are those? Pressing restart every time someone screws up? Being able to adjust with fellow players? Which I do actually hence why I play Heists to this day along with all the other things. Can you mail me this "Code Of Honor Of A Gamer" so I can learn it by heart and adapt to it's rule number one of never trying to think out of the box. Inability to play? You seem to be watching a lot of my streams lately yes? By now if you still think I an unable to read or write, the joke is kinda on you buddy. Nope you didn't miss anything else, your assumptions described me as the perfect outcast of gaming. Bravo.

Not many have voted? 97 people at the time of writing this as opposed to 34 people is not enough for you? Even if there was 1 guy voting, even that would have been enough for me to see the obvious. The vote poll in question in this case is not explicitly asking for your views about going solo or not. It's asking if you feel frustrated if someone screws up your Heist by dying. Did you by any chance vote No? Why are you comparing it to voting happening "elsewhere"? With that logic there are so many more things you can bring out if you want to this voting poll based on the other ones which may have nothing to very little to do with this poll. In case you haven't noticed, I replied to a post which quoted mine after 5 days and after totally enjoying myself with mates on double RP and $$ on Heists. I came back to check on things here and saw someone had replied to my post so I reverted back. How does that make me a person who has been sitting here, discussing an opinion since day 1 of the start of this topic? I'm pretty sure your posts on here far surpasses mine. Along with your "Da Vince Code" sized posts kinda makes me wonder if you are the most interested in this topic than any of us. I didn't start a long post, at least not nearly as long as you did I? I didn't bring GTA's lineage into the "argument" did I? I didn't start assuming things did I? Hell I didn't even know someone like you lived on this thread. I kinda don't care about Heists being solo or not anymore either at this point in it's life in case you've still not been able to understand what this is all about. Oh you passed with flying colors? Uhm..Good for you I suppose? I'll be skipping the bs that you wrote about *cough cough* "conquering" something or the other for obvious reasons. Frankly because I don't even know what you conquered or what you are talking about in that one line because you talk about you being ok with them taking away something that you enjoyed with millions of others or something? See, now I don't get what you just said here, but unlike the previous guy, I won't blame it on some fictitious grammatical errors. I'm sure you were on to something, just need to take a few deep breaths and re-phrase it a little better yes? It's friends agreeing with friends you say? Not that there is evidence of this at all but even if this were true, Isn't that what your whole idea of "Gamer's spirit" based on bud? Being up each other's arse in MP? Playing with gaming spirit and never alone, etc? All jokes aside, if it really wasn't still obvious to you as to why people do like the idea of going solo. Here's a hint. Scroll up. (:  

I'm relaxed mate. It's you who is having an autism attack on someone's opinion, that's intensifying with every line you type. 

And, any poll on gtaforums, is by NO means a fair survey of the player base... sh*t, only 10% of copies of GTA sold have found this site man... Bad logic.

There goes your chance of ever becoming an admin. Tsk Tsk. You never bad-mouth the polls on here. Only 10% of copies of GTA sold have found this site? I thought a few lines back you were all about being part of a big community with millions of people playing and a lot of cool tips & tricks & glitches? Where did they all go? I expected it to be a little bigger than 10% if you ask me. Citation for this claim by the way? Just curious. 

You can include the entire player base of GTA on this voting poll. I'm pretty sure only a handful of trolls or someone like you would vote a NO and would prefer a player's death over and over again as a challenge rather than an element that causes frustration.

But, getting back to my first point, you'll probably look to strip this down, mark it like a teacher, and correct the grammar, rather than actually add to this discussion, or come up with anything actually intelligent...

I did look into this, stripped it down, ignored your hideous grammar (Just for you though, cause I love you :* ). I'm Jk, keep dreaming. I think I added more to this discussion. At the very least I didn't try to put some narrow minded claims forward. Unlike somebody that I used to know.

Also, 

http://www.urbandict...hp?term=giggity

We are on a public forum man. Not now please.

KWF1981
  • KWF1981

Soldier

• Members
  • England

Posted 18 May 2017 - 07:15 PM Edited by KWF1981, 18 May 2017 - 08:07 PM.

Yeah, I'll read that another day, too busy right now, but a couple of things quickly come to mind that I can answer now... The rest, another time...

I read the last bits at the bottom... As for my 'citation'... 75m GTA copies sold, looking at the bottom of the forums page, around 705,000 users here, most likely includes banned accounts too, though not sure on that bit, but the community for GTA is much, much larger than here. 100% a FACT!!! - Less than 10%...

Admin!!! Jog on, no f*cking chance... Behave kid! Trust me, I'd have zero interest. Ever!

Somebody you used to know? Now that's a curiosity... I don't know you, as I'm aware, and I only have a few from the forums added... Genuinely, how do you know me? Stalker? I have a few now... I know we've spoke here before, where and why, I couldn't say, but not elsewhere... I'm Curious.

The 'giggity' was merely just a 'lol' just done different, I just use it at times for fun... Serious question now, are you a teacher?

You correct so much grammar, and you 'used to know me'... If you're my old teacher, I'll die of laughter, he said he'd f*cking haunt me too... The fat bastard!

Editing as I go... A few short lines? Err, if that's a few short lines, f*ck if I'd read a letter or an essay of yours... I do big posts, but this is just a really, really, really, really long post, just basically repeating yourself...

Seriously, you must be my teacher... Been to the gym yet, sir?

By me referring to you, or others, as seeing the heists as contact missions or not, I mean by that, that, by allowing them to be 1-2 player jobs, 1-4 player jobs and the like, would then not separate them from what contact missions are, again, I accept by having the choice doesn't mean that we have to go solo, that's not what I meant... I mean from a technical standpoint regarding the players needed by R*'s definition per job, not the narrative, or the outcomes...

But anyway, whatever... I've read enough insults now, I'll end up taking this conversation where it ought not go, I'm out...

But, I'd still like to know how you know me, PM, if needed... As I'm confident I never met you, never spoke to you away from here, along with the tirade you put here, I have to assume you mean something by this too...

Explain.

Great Britain
  • Great Britain

Dieu et mon droit

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:45 PM Edited by Great Britain, 19 May 2017 - 04:49 PM.

Spoiler

I'm sure you are very busy keeping this thread alive to be bothered by my messages. I'm so deeply honored that you took the time out of your busy schedule to try and...*sigh* answer is what you call it? Yeah...some of my questions.

Oh you actually read the last bit? I thought you just saw the size of the whole thing and took off. I certainly would have been over-whelmed had I been you. As far as your assumption about how many people are active on this site goes, it is a little unreliable. First of all, you forgot to include the guest members who come on the forums, a large majority of whom are the major recipients of those "tips & tricks, guides, etc". As long as you are talking about player base, don't only look at the active registered members. Also at the time of writing this post, have a look at the actual active (only steam members) who are either playing or played just today. Throw in some retail copies and you've got a number which is nowhere near only the active member count on this forum alone. I think you missed the complete point here. Whoever voted in these polls,  represent at least a fraction of the ones who actively either engaged in Heists or are still into it. My point, which blew by you completely was that you can include the entire player base of people playing it right now, I'm pretty sure the majority of players would never vote a NO on this poll. It's common sense. Oh and by the way, while we are at it, the total members at the time of writing this post are "704,080", not 705,000. Just thought I'd annoy you a little more with my nit-pickings. Still waiting for you citation, which has now become even more unreliable seeing how you jumped down from saying it at EXACTLY 10% to now lowering it. (:

1zy80a1.png   <---- This is referred to as a citation in case you were feeling a little shy to ask me. <3

Admin!!! Jog on, no f*cking chance... Behave kid! Trust me, I'd have zero interest. Ever!

Sarcasm Alert  Point, my dear Lad is to never bad-mouth any polls around here, you never know when an Admin is having a bad day and takes it out on you. Sarcasm Alert

Somebody you used to know? Now that's a curiosity... I don't know you, as I'm aware, and I only have a few from the forums added... Genuinely, how do you know me? Stalker? I have a few now... I know we've spoke here before, where and why, I couldn't say, but not elsewhere... I'm Curious.

We learned another thing about you today. Not only are you outstanding at assuming things, you also take every thing literally. I also have not been unfortunate enough to come across you either. I don't exactly know you, but I'm learning about the occasional seizures pretty quickly I'd say. Don't tell this to anyone but....pssst i love stalking. *Ahem* Where was I? Yes, Trust me, you don't have to worry, you'll not find me under your bed writing sarcasm all night. I kinda do that on the forums. half of which sadly went over your head. :(

As far as "Somebody that I used to know..." goes, I really thought you would be smart enough to understand the joke. Come on man, you just took all the fun out of it. 

Here you go kill-joy.

https://www.youtube....h?v=8UVNT4wvIGY

The 'giggity' was merely just a 'lol' just done different, I just use it at times for fun...

You sure bro? Phew. I was close to being traumatized. I even had a weird dream about you and me last night. Not gonna disclose and risk getting my account banned.

Serious question now, are you a teacher?

What makes you think I keep an apple on my desk and wear plaid clothing? 

You correct so much grammar, and you 'used to know me'... If you're my old teacher, I'll die of laughter, he said he'd f*cking haunt me too... The fat bastard!

*Sigh* How many times must we go over this before you realize that It was not me who started with the grammatical not-pickings? Also, you never know Martin, I may not stop haunting you for all eternity. I'm still salty about that lesson of mine that you ruined, that I spent all previous night learning myself to teach you little sh*ts, by pulling that fire alarm. Also, kiss your season average goodbye. Call me fat will you? Bitch.

Editing as I go... A few short lines? Err, if that's a few short lines, f*ck if I'd read a letter or an essay of yours... I do big posts, but this is just a really, really, really, really long post, just basically repeating yourself...

I don't blame you for cussing me out for the post. If I were you, i'd hate myself too. You were warned though. I highlighted the word "Short" and even put a line under it. Meaning that I am in the mood to type. (:

Also, if you take the time out of your *cough* busy schedule,  you would realize that unlike you, my post is not revolving around one thing, that has no relevance in this context. You'll find a lot of relevant variations in there. It addresses all your concerns and puts forward some of mine for you to deal with. Give it a shot Martin. I believe in you. <3 

Seriously, you must be my teacher... Been to the gym yet, sir?

You need to stop with those jokes about my weight Martin or I'll come over and raid your stash of twinkies. I know you got that sh*t hidden in there somewhere. 

By me referring to you, or others, as seeing the heists as contact missions or not, I mean by that, that, by allowing them to be 1-2 player jobs, 1-4 player jobs and the like, would then not separate them from what contact missions are, again, I accept by having the choice doesn't mean that we have to go solo, that's not what I meant... I mean from a technical standpoint regarding the players needed by R*'s definition per job, not the narrative, or the outcomes...

No one is asking for contact missions to be something different from what they are. My idea or rather my opinion revolves around using something like the contact mission's system to implement to the whole thing about going solo on Heists. The very fact that a contact mission allows you to go on your own or take someone with you is in itself a brilliant idea so no, I have to say that even from a technical point of view, granted that Heists were and to this day are a four person job, it still would not have taken rocket science to implement something along the lines of having the Heist as they are today, with a little bit of scripting differentiation, while using the concept of the contact mission system to have the option to go alone or with a partner(s), thus allowing them to come up with an entire Heist or at the very least set-ups that can be done all on our own. Having a choice is the beauty here. No-one comes in between someone's way of experiencing Heists, that is the whole point of playing according to what suits you and your style of play. 

But anyway, whatever... I've read enough insults now, I'll end up taking this conversation where it ought not go, I'm out...

Well, before you go I would like to make you aware that I have nothing against you as a person. Well if you can ignore your habit of assuming and taking things in the literal sense that is. *Sigh*. It's always nice to engage in a conversation with people every now and then. However, what I do want you to take away from this is just one simple thing that I have been stressing on from day one. That is, just like I, as a person am willing to respect your opinion of not wanting to go solo or you wanting to not read my long message or you wanting to go away and not apparently take this conversation to wherever it is you think it's gonna go. In the same way I expect you to respect & accept another persons opinion as well. My goal was not to hurl insults at you, but to make you aware that it's not a sin to have a desire or a wish that a certain thing should have had this or that. In the years that I've been alive (including the ones spent teaching you at school you brat) if there is one thing I've learnt, it's that you cannot make everyone happy and that is exactly the kind of ideology Rockstar follows. Hence we see something such as Heists in it's current form today. It appeals to someone like you and it appeals to someone like me as well, even though we have different opinions about some things.

But, I'd still like to know how you know me, PM, if needed... As I'm confident I never met you, never spoke to you away from here, along with the tirade you put here, I have to assume you mean something by this too...

Sent you a nude. Maybe you'll remember once you have a look at that willy. ;)

Cheers Lad. 

KWF1981
  • KWF1981

Soldier

• Members
  • England

Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:56 PM

You win bub! I apologise for that!

Too much for me... And getting crude images from gtaforums users is nothing new... Genuinely, I have asked to get rid of this account and create a new, because having this account as the same as my game has been a curse, I honestly wish they'd let me, but I've learned to make peace with regular stalkers, hate mail and pictures from a fair few now...

My bad in forgetting all about the guest users, and yes, that's all I had, some basic numbers... As I said, you win man. And I like to talk here, so I gotta bail.

• Great Britain likes this

Great Britain
  • Great Britain

Dieu et mon droit

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:00 PM

You win bub! I apologise for that!

Too much for me... And getting crude images from gtaforums users is nothing new... Genuinely, I have asked to get rid of this account and create a new, because having this account as the same as my game has been a curse, I honestly wish they'd let me, but I've learned to make peace with regular stalkers, hate mail and pictures from a fair few now...

My bad in forgetting all about the guest users, and yes, that's all I had, some basic numbers... As I said, you win man. And I like to talk here, so I gotta bail.

I kinda like your profile picture tbh. What's with the curse thing?

KWF1981
  • KWF1981

Soldier

• Members
  • England

Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:19 PM

My profile name gets followed to the playstation often...

I got fans that like to show their appreciation, lets just say that...

My profile pic feel that relevant for here... I found it funny anyway...

Peace, enjoy the topic, I'm past caring...

KWF1981
  • KWF1981

Soldier

• Members
  • England

Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:47 PM Edited by KWF1981, 19 May 2017 - 05:47 PM.

@ HalfricanHammer... Case & point... Reported.

(Bollocks, double posts. Sorry for that)

X15
  • X15

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:57 PM

What about for certain finales:
For doing it with 3 players you get 3/4 of the potential cut, and for doing it with 2 players you get 1/2 of the potential cut?
Just hypothetical.

Great Britain
  • Great Britain

Dieu et mon droit

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:21 PM

My profile name gets followed to the playstation often...

I got fans that like to show their appreciation, lets just say that...

My profile pic feel that relevant for here... I found it funny anyway...

Peace, enjoy the topic, I'm past caring...

Ah...

That is probably the only movie in game that I love..

I won't be sticking around here though...I forgot this topic even existed until I saw some replies to my op...

Cheers

• KWF1981 likes this

BlackMilk
  • BlackMilk

A Forgettable Killer

• Members
  • Netherlands
  • Contribution Award [GTA Online]

Posted 19 May 2017 - 07:46 PM

Going to apologise in advance to the moderators for making what it quite a useless post, but I just wanted to say this anyway.

I'm somewhat impressed by two of the posters in this thread having an essay-off and not long after simply walking away from an argument that seemed to be going in circles. Usually when you get to that point, people tend to go on for at least five more pages in a thread. Often resulting in a lock, too.

So yeah. This is nice. Good on you both.

• KWF1981 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users