Quantcast

» «
Photo

Heists should be solo

225 replies to this topic

Poll: Heist failure (150 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like failing a heist due to a player death?

1. No, it is annoying and unnecessary (113 votes [75.33%])

Percentage of vote: 75.33%

2. Yes, I enjoy the challenge it presents (37 votes [24.67%])

Percentage of vote: 24.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Ghoffman9
  • Ghoffman9

Friendly?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 May 2017 - 02:21 PM Edited by Ghoffman9, 12 May 2017 - 02:44 PM.

The problem is pretty much the same as it was in contact missions. That being everyone is given a shared pool of lives, and it punishes players for the mistakes others make. Heists took it a step further and made an already prevalent problem even worse by automatically failing missions if someone dies and there are no lives left, even if you are still alive and in the fight at the time. The BS excuse they give being the heist is impossible to continue without that person, which is ludicrous for most situations the five heists throw at you.

Demolition dies in Prison Break? Plane just has to evade missiles without any support from demolition, which is easily doable. One time I evaded a jet chasing me for ten minutes straight with no help from the demolition, and I did it easily. When everyone jumps out of the plane have them hop on motor bikes waiting for them on the shore instead and drive out.

Prisoner or Prison Guard die during Prison Break? The other simply keeps going without support from the other.

One of the ground team dies in Humane Labs? The other guy can complete it, just without any backup.

One of the defenders die Series A Funding? Just keep going, you got three other players there.

Someone dies during the escape out of Pacific Standard? Just have someone else pick up the bag of money they were carrying (if they were carrying any at all) and keep going. There is no vital role anyone plays during the escape.

Then to top it all off, if any player dies and the heist completed successfully, some of their cut is docked and distributed equally amongst the others.

• TCMike, Coleco, DentureDynamite and 1 other like this

PNutterSammich
  • PNutterSammich

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 May 2017 - 02:27 PM

It has to do with immersion. You're supposed to be a crew of 4 pulling off a series of raids culminating in a daring heist and get away clean.

If one member dies at any point, ypu cant possible get away clean not to mention that they won't be able to help the finale...because they're DEAD.

Like the single player missions, all 4 participants are "main" characters and need to survive in order for the heist to be a success.

IMMERSION!!

That being said I understand you're frustration and agree that the process is stupid. Especially with the precedence made my contact missions which in most cases can be completed solo.

Great Britain
  • Great Britain

Dieu et mon droit

• Facade Corporation
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 May 2017 - 02:29 PM

I fully support solo heists/setups. 

Atleast it should be optional. I love playing with mates but I love handling a job myself more, especially if I'm in a bad mood. 

• El Payaso likes this

Ghoffman9
  • Ghoffman9

Friendly?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 May 2017 - 02:34 PM Edited by Ghoffman9, 12 May 2017 - 02:39 PM.

Some heist only need 3 people, the fact it goes from 2 ppl to 4 ppl is ridiculous.

I would go further and say some of the setups can be soloed. Being able to cut out some frustration by soloing those would be soooooo convenient.

It has to do with immersion. You're supposed to be a crew of 4 pulling off a series of raids culminating in a daring heist and get away clean.

If one member dies at any point, ypu cant possible get away clean not to mention that they won't be able to help the finale...because they're DEAD.

Like the single player missions, all 4 participants are "main" characters and need to survive in order for the heist to be a success.

IMMERSION!!

That being said I understand you're frustration and agree that the process is stupid. Especially with the precedence made my contact missions which in most cases can be completed solo.

and do heists never go wrong and the crew never has to make up for that and push on?

You sure as hell see that a lot if you pick the wrong guys to be part of your heist crew in the single player. Picking an unskilled guy could result in him dieing, resulting in the others leaving him behind and completing it without him. The game does not fail and restart the heist should Norm Richard die for example.

Additionally there are two or three heists that are scripted to go wrong and the crew has to find an alternative means of escaping.

• El Payaso likes this

El Payaso
  • El Payaso

CPoC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 May 2017 - 02:44 PM

@ El Payaso... Level/rank DOES matter... You could be f*cking batman at rank 5 and know everything... But at rank 5 they CANNOT carry a 2nd (or more) spare armour packs... In a heavy shootout, if there is no armoured vehicles to use, like Series A, where there's lots of running and gunning, having these perks WILL make things safer... Now, as I said, at that rank, WITH good teammates, communication, that level 5 will cruise through, even the damn CMM challenge too if played right... I started mine at Rank 23 and completed it by rank 26, granted, I had knowledge, I had a good team, we had mics and it was a piece of piss to pass, and I didn't really know the guys, just relied on their high ranks, they relied on my nous...

And that sh*t you wrote above, in Pac Standard, there's no critical roles... along with much of what you put, you miss the point of heists, you make it out like R* just did it to f*ck us up... They said long before the heists came out that these will be team/.crew based co-op missions, and since solo public is all the rage, I fully agree with others saying that you just got so lazy and used to calling all the shots on your games, and by being solo and cut off from the larger community, you limit your options...

As you, and others have said, after 2 years no less, you still haven't done Series A, others are stuck at Deliver EMP, or Prison Break - Station and the like... They gave up, and spent their time crying here over it instead of looking for buddies/help/minions... Whatever you want really...

Sorry, but you just bitch and moan at the fact that teams are succeeding, hugely too, and you have to read those successes, and it makes you feel you are missing out, well, IMO, you are... Fully...

Your right, many heist jobs can be done solo, but to be fair, half those solo methods were created purely by the lone wolf type, trying to do like anything else in GTA, and just make it all too easy, besides, I'm yet to watch a cool heist movie where we're just watching the one man do everything, abd 3 others just chilling and waiting... Behave, how sh*t some of those films would be without that slickness, the comradery too, it all makes sense, and P.S. vans, will go much easier if the team can actually pull off what the game suggests, pair up, play properly...

Play how you want, I know the game allows interpretation and freedom of choice, but those choices come with consequences... you can take all 4 pictures, but if you wanna Rambo the whole damn thing, then do so, but you must then find a way to appease your team, to stop bored idiots costing you the job... That's the whole point to a heist...

Teamwork and sharing knowledge... To be efficient, swift and ruthless... TOGETHER.

Quite simple for those that can, choosing to be anti-social on these jobs is just not good enough, don't even have to talk if the guys are decent and can read their damn TV screens too... The options are there, on this site to find 3 to pass a full heist and setups in an hour or less per run, I'd highly advise spending more time doing so, these ain't changing, so make the most, or continue to miss out...

Tell me what critical role there is in Pacific Standard finale. I'll wait.

Tell me how four people are needed in Vans. I'll wait.

Tell me when four people were needed to go pick up the exterminator van in story mode for the jewelry heist. I'll wait.

When one of the drivers died in the jewelry heist, did the heist fail? No, it continued because Franklin simply picked up his bag.

You are just talking to hear yourself talk instead of actually listening. I am not saying heists should be solo. I am saying certain elements within heists and setups should be tuned.

Prison Break is an example of a heist with critical roles. We have two people breaking into prison, one running interference and the other doing pickup. Each person it's absolutely needed so it makes perfect sense for someone dying to lead to heist failure. However, when the pickup is done or Rashkovsky is dropped off then if interference or anyone dies, the heist should still continue.

Some heist only need 3 people, the fact it goes from 2 ppl to 4 ppl is ridiculous.

I would go further and say some of the setups can be soloed. Being able to cut out some frustration by soloing those would be soooooo convenient.

IMMERSION!!

and do heists never go wrong and the crew never has to make up for that and push on?
You sure as hell see that a lot if you pick the wrong guys to be part of your heist crew in the single player. Picking an unskilled guy could result in him dieing, resulting in the others leaving him behind and completing it without him. The game does not fail and restart the heist should Norm Richard die for example.

Additionally there are two or three heists that are scripted to go wrong and the crew has to find an alternative means of escaping.

Exactly. That's part of what heists should be about. Being able to think on your feet. Not everything will go according to plan and everyone shouldn't be punished because someone parachuted into the helicopter blades.
  • SkynetOnlineID likes this

FourFingersOfFun
  • FourFingersOfFun

Homie

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 12 May 2017 - 02:49 PM

>plays multiplayer game
>becomes heist crew leader
>cries about having to play with others in a multiplayer game

People these days man geez.
  • R3CON, KWF1981, BlanketmanNOR and 1 other like this

Rashkovskys Shiv
  • Rashkovskys Shiv

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 May 2017 - 02:50 PM

@ Coleco... To avoid 99% of heist connection issues is easy to avoid... 2 ways, off the top off my head...

1, decent internet, connected via Ethernet cable. Seriously, wifi on GTA when with others is sh*t, always has been.

2, The host of a 4 man job, should start in an invite only session, bring the 3 others in and invite all to apartment, very rare to get errors from there.

I always use ethernet cables for gaming,it's just a no brainer especially in p2p connection games.
  • KWF1981 likes this

Great Britain
  • Great Britain

Dieu et mon droit

• Facade Corporation
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 May 2017 - 02:51 PM

>plays multiplayer game
>becomes heist crew leader
>cries about having to play with others in a multiplayer game

People these days man geez.

Multiplayer doesn't mean that your head has to be up someone's arse 24/7. Some of us like to stay alone from time to time and do stuff we can't in SP.

Rockstar_Fanboy
  • Rockstar_Fanboy

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 May 2017 - 02:51 PM

I fully support solo heists/setups. 

Atleast it should be optional. I love playing with mates but I love handling a job myself more, especially if I'm in a bad mood. 

You are completely not getting what heists were supposed to be about. Don't want to work with others, do any number of other things the game let's you solo.
  • KWF1981 and BlanketmanNOR like this

BlanketmanNOR
  • BlanketmanNOR

Snitch

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 12 May 2017 - 03:00 PM

This still amaze me: players want to play a MULTIplayer game solo.

What is wrong with you?
  • KWF1981 likes this

KWF1981
  • KWF1981

Soldier

• Members
  • England

Posted 12 May 2017 - 03:05 PM Edited by KWF1981, 12 May 2017 - 03:07 PM.

Wait all you like man, I never said these jobs couldn't be completed solo or as a pair, and I've agreed that a heist for solo players could be fun... So It'll be a long wait.

My point is, R* made them as they are and complaining will not change them, you have contact missions for solo play, and all the freemode stuff, many competitive game modes too. To have some tougher PvE co-op game modes too is very fair seeing as many thrive in this environment, and the game seems to be looking to cover all 'types' of gamer, and if you can't wait for better players, or have to rely on random players, then you have the opportunity to give the team more lives too, man up...

No, this is still just a lone wolfs bitch and moan because teams can earn big this week, and these loners, anti-social, players, players spoilt by the solo lobby CEO/MC work, and blinded by bigger numbers... No-one said you must have zero lives as a team of random, un-communicating bunch of fools, put it on normal or easy, still can be completed that way. No, you take zero responsibility for your team at any given time, you must expect an irresponsible team...

Story mode and online are miles apart, with a different way of using the protagonists too, online we are one character, the dynamic is different, not to mention that online outdates single player by a country mile... Of course online will be different, tougher to navigate too... That you must deal with, how single player heists were done, is zero bearing on online play what-so-ever...

Anyway, you go for it, continue to cry while those that can communicate, or work together in peace and enjoy the fruit of their efforts... I'll keep an eye on this all, after all, it has been entertaining to read the bitching over the heists... Genuine gold. I thank you, and many here for that!

@ Great Britain... No-one said heist 24/7... Get a team that works for you, many part time players, many will solo most of the week and meet up and do just one heist at the weekends... Get flexible, and with good players, you don't even have to talk to them one bit... They're your minions/NPC's so-to-speak...

• BlanketmanNOR likes this

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Get down on it!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 12 May 2017 - 03:09 PM

What is wrong with you?

This might sound like a weird concept to understand when you put it like that, but let me explain it very briefly:

Half of the whole content of this multiplayer game is not present in single player. Including these heists, along with CEO offices, special vehicles, Motorclubd that you can own, and soon many other things that makes single player look lackluster in comparison.

And there are players who do not like to play with other players.
  • TCMike, SkynetOnlineID and El Payaso like this

Rockstar_Fanboy
  • Rockstar_Fanboy

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 May 2017 - 03:18 PM Edited by Rockstar_Fanboy, 12 May 2017 - 03:20 PM.

What is wrong with you?

This might sound like a weird concept to understand when you put it like that, but let me explain it very briefly:

Half of the whole content of this multiplayer game is not present in single player. Including these heists, along with CEO offices, special vehicles, Motorclubd that you can own, and soon many other things that makes single player look lackluster in comparison.

This is bullsh*t. Plenty of things online can be done solo. Expecting everything or any particular thing to be able to be done solo in a MMO is ridiculous (and heists the epitome).And it has absolutely nothing to do with what stuff had been added to SP.
  • KWF1981 likes this

KWF1981
  • KWF1981

Soldier

• Members
  • England

Posted 12 May 2017 - 03:21 PM

@ Pedinhuh... Forget the CEO/MC stuff you mentioned, that CAN be done all solo, I know you know this too... And there are heists in story mode to give a taste of what's to come...

But, that's what you paid for, to play GTA V... Online was free, granted shark cards dictate the ongoing DLC, but seeing as GTA:O is still basically the same as it was, an online, multiplayer game, playing is optional, if you don't want player interaction, stay offline, if people buy shark cards for a game that they hate so much by being multiplayer, I'd have to question their sanity too...

There's many opportunities to do solo things, and versus things, to have some co-op stuff that forces a little pressure on those that enjoy that style of gaming makes full sense to me.

I hate PvP, never do it... Yet never once complained that the game has had many more 2x events only on Adv. Modes... No complaints, I'll find something else or play something else that entertains me... To cry over losing out on a 2x event this hard is daft, after 2 years, some STILL find these 4 player glorified contact missions hard, with the amount of info out there, the amount of players very keen to help, I fail to see the issue, you're here on the f*cking forums...

Put your efforts to better use... Multiplayer, remember!

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Get down on it!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 12 May 2017 - 03:24 PM

What is wrong with you?

This is bullsh*t. Plenty of things online can be done solo. Expecting everything or any particular thing to be able to be done solo in a MMO is ridiculous (and heists the epitome).And it has absolutely nothing to do with what stuff had been added to SP.

In this case the solo online sessions, that you can start from single player, should not be a thing, no?

Also, haven't you put me on your sh*t list?

KWF1981
  • KWF1981

Soldier

• Members
  • England

Posted 12 May 2017 - 03:45 PM

@ Pedinhuh... And you are most welcome to play in that solo/invite session... The second you join a team job, there will be player interaction, that's exactly the point of a multiplayer online game, you choose what, who, when, how. But some things will require more, or different stipulations... R* like to have a full range of things, crew stuff, solo things, and a host of things in between... They want every type of gamer, racers, shooters, lone wolves, teams and crews, so they add things for attracting each type... So to expect some tougher penalties on things, especially things that can get you richer quicker, must be a cert...

I can see where this comes from now, lol, how I missed it...

You cry babies are the f*ckers glitching that finale... Lol, you just wanna give the f*cking minimum and not have a care in the world how sh*t the team is... So f*cking obvious now, I cannot believe I missed that one!!!

Honestly, you loners are spoilt by the solo public thing, and now teams are really benefitting, and getting ZERO stress from these heists, and getting super rich doing it, your jealous, nothing more...

To show you how easy it was... I logged on, went on call, joined Series A - Weed, on normal... On the way up, I text all to recommend the freeway home, got 1 'Ok bro' back, but all followed me, then just before pulling into Ron's warehouse, I text saying 'Hard please'... Got re-invited, did the job easily, flew through the finale 1st try, with zero sign they were in any trouble, I joined the rail tracks by the prison and they followed as  I tooted the horn... Collected my wages, lol... Within 40 minutes I'd earned around $280k... Without a single word spoken... It's just that easy, if a team shows clear incompetence, or if the ranks show inexperience, I bail...

Don't get me wrong, I love to teach/help noobs, but this week it's my time to shine, if you don't know, I'll tell you rather than ask, but that's me, usually I like to be more diplomatic in my approach, but this week I'm direct is all...

PS4? Message me... I can certainly help some guys out, especially those that have common sense in-game, and can actually at least follow the instructions on screen... Re-breather and such... Even after the event, I love to heist, and help others have fun on them, watching cut-scenes, seeing things happen, rather than have it done for you... It's my thing to do, I love co-op, and it's just so satisfying to have those jobs that work, like I mentioned about Series A, with unknowns, a great feeling...

Plus, it bought my car collection, without heist, I'd have no way near the amount of beauties I have...

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Get down on it!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 12 May 2017 - 03:49 PM Edited by Pedinhuh, 12 May 2017 - 03:50 PM.

@ Pedinhuh... And you are most welcome to play in that solo/invite session... The second you join a team job, there will be player interaction, that's exactly the point of a multiplayer online game, you choose what, who, when, how. But some things will require more, or different stipulations... R* like to have a full range of things, crew stuff, solo things, and a host of things in between... They want every type of gamer, racers, shooters, lone wolves, teams and crews, so they add things for attracting each type... So to expect some tougher penalties on things, especially things that can get you richer quicker, must be a cert...

I can see where this comes from now, lol, how I missed it...

You cry babies are the f*ckers glitching that finale... Lol, you just wanna give the f*cking minimum and not have a care in the world how sh*t the team is... So f*cking obvious now, I cannot believe I missed that one!!!

Honestly, you loners are spoilt by the solo public thing, and now teams are really benefitting, and getting ZERO stress from these heists, and getting super rich doing it, your jealous, nothing more...

To show you how easy it was... I logged on, went on call, joined Series A - Weed, on normal... On the way up, I text all to recommend the freeway home, got 1 'Ok bro' back, but all followed me, then just before pulling into Ron's warehouse, I text saying 'Hard please'... Got re-invited, did the job easily, flew through the finale 1st try, with zero sign they were in any trouble, I joined the rail tracks by the prison and they followed as  I tooted the horn... Collected my wages, lol... Within 40 minutes I'd earned around $280k... Without a single word spoken... It's just that easy, if a team shows clear incompetence, or if the ranks show inexperience, I bail...

Don't get me wrong, I love to teach/help noobs, but this week it's my time to shine, if you don't know, I'll tell you rather than ask, but that's me, usually I like to be more diplomatic in my approach, but this week I'm direct is all...

PS4? Message me... I can certainly help some guys out, especially those that have common sense in-game, and can actually at least follow the instructions on screen... Re-breather and such... Even after the event, I love to heist, and help others have fun on them, watching cut-scenes, seeing things happen, rather than have it done for you... It's my thing to do, I love co-op, and it's just so satisfying to have those jobs that work, like I mentioned about Series A, with unknowns, a great feeling...

Plus, it bought my car collection, without heist, I'd have no way near the amount of beauties I have...

Well, I see where you're coming from and I agree with you, but the the guy I first replied to made a broad statement about playing the multi-player game solo, and since he didn't specify what exactly he was talking about, I just felt like I should try to clarify it.

Rockstar_Fanboy
  • Rockstar_Fanboy

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 May 2017 - 04:00 PM Edited by Rockstar_Fanboy, 12 May 2017 - 04:03 PM.

Spoiler

This is an excellent post.  I have a dedicated crew of about 5-6 that I have been rolling with the last few nights.  I have a blast with them, but real life being what it is, some jump off, other times, we have a few extra on.  We often need to dip into the random pool.  I scan the session find players that are 60+, invite them into the heist and the party.  In about 1 minute I interview them: did this before?  can you ride bikes?  Okay with 20%?  will go along with the group?

I have had zero issues.  Yeah, people will die here and there, but that's bound to happen.  Hell, I get careless and die from time to time.  But I never have the horror stories that others keep reporting.

There are a whole bunch of people online simply because SP hasn't had any DLC's.  They really love GTA but they hate online.  Their sole mission is try and make GTAO as much like SP as they can, and any instance where this is difficult, and they cry like a stuck  pig. 

Like most things in life, you get out of it what you put into it.  With little effort, it is impossible not to make serious money this week.  Some just are annoyed that they have to put that "little bit of effort" in and they are going to make sure the rest of us hear about it.

• TCMike likes this

KWF1981
  • KWF1981

Soldier

• Members
  • England

Posted 12 May 2017 - 04:04 PM

@ Pedinhuh... All good dude, I like to talk GTA, and for me, heists are a huge part of my characters story, I fully understand the pitfalls on heists 100% and agree there is more that R* can do...

But most anything in this game 'should be tweaked' according to some, and the heists DLC was a hugely promised DLC, a huge pull for me, and I am, prior to GTA a 100% story, solo campaign player... Never been online before in my life with a game, so my inexperience may show. But I do feel there is so much garnered to this, or that style of play, but less co-op PvE things, puzzling things, challenges, all manor of dynamic mission types could be added that can enhance this too, more contact missions, driven by stories, like Lamar's, and, personally, for me, more punishing than his last mission, but that would drop like lead with so many too, there has been a huge concentration of PvP stuff...

IMO, Heists & Lamar's missions at only 34 jobs long... Seriously, that's just not a lot of real co-op missions, and yet this thread is really struggling to make me think they have f*ck all else for their playstyles... Over 100 contact missions, only a couple NEEDS other players, so much PvP things to mention, Ok, PvP can be co-op, but for a lone wolf to play, co-op is certainly no requirement.

• Pedinhuh likes this

Ghoffman9
  • Ghoffman9

Friendly?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 May 2017 - 04:08 PM Edited by Ghoffman9, 12 May 2017 - 04:13 PM.

A player dieing should simply make the mission harder, not failing the whole thing and sending everyone back to the starting line. If the remaining players are good they will persevere. Except they are never given this chance, and that is the issue at hand. A player could even die for the dumbest sh*t like parachuting into the helicopter blades at the end of Prison Break, realistically the remaining three can all just get in and fly off to complete the heist, leaving their dumbass teammate behind. What important thing did that player have left to contribute that it required doing the entire heist all over again? Having such unnecessary restrictions in place ultimately hurts the co-op experience, and it shows.

If Rockstar:

1. Gives everyone their own pool of lives

2. Let missions continue despite a player dieing and exhausting their lives

3. Let other players take on the roles of a dead player

If these were a thing I would imagine not many would be having issue with these heists.

• Coleco, El Payaso and The-Irish-Hunter like this

KWF1981
  • KWF1981

Soldier

• Members
  • England

Posted 12 May 2017 - 04:19 PM

@ Rockstar_Fanboy... I do like these heists, and, absolutely, I die, we all do at times, some of my better memories of 'stupid deaths' were on heists too...

All the team needs is a little patience, I get that real lives are important, so some have more urgency, or are poorer in-game, so their urge for that big score can compound the issues too, I certainly believe if the effort shown here to complain or try to get things changed in anyway had been used to find a team, their successes would be greater... Just a simple, clearly lacking with some, common sense.

Events like this are great to get good guys in, crews want fresh blood, things are 'figured out' on heists by some, and they are willing to help...

Might sound a tad selfish, but, for me, helping noobs, may take a few extra minutes, but cash for me is good, so I have the time, and when I help anyone out, naturally, I get mine too... Simply put, it's a win/win... We both/all want these things done...

@ Geoffman9... Firstly, DON'T parachute into a helicopter's blades... See my previous posts, it's littered with me quoting a lack of common sense... Second... What punishment do you propose to be for the one that does and the team continues and finishes the heist?

Rockstar_Fanboy
  • Rockstar_Fanboy

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 May 2017 - 04:24 PM Edited by Rockstar_Fanboy, 12 May 2017 - 04:28 PM.

@ Rockstar_Fanboy... I do like these heists, and, absolutely, I die, we all do at times, some of my better memories of 'stupid deaths' were on heists too...

All the team needs is a little patience, I get that real lives are important, so some have more urgency, or are poorer in-game, so their urge for that big score can compound the issues too, I certainly believe if the effort shown here to complain or try to get things changed in anyway had been used to find a team, their successes would be greater... Just a simple, clearly lacking with some, common sense.

Events like this are great to get good guys in, crews want fresh blood, things are 'figured out' on heists by some, and they are willing to help...

Might sound a tad selfish, but, for me, helping noobs, may take a few extra minutes, but cash for me is good, so I have the time, and when I help anyone out, naturally, I get mine too... Simply put, it's a win/win... We both/all want these things done...

@ Geoffman9... Firstly, DON'T parachute into a helicopter's blades... See my previous posts, it's littered with me quoting a lack of common sense... Second... What punishment do you propose to be for the one that does and the team continues and finishes the heist?

What is funny KWF, is that when I bought the game with my cousin in 2013, he mentioned online.  I said, "i am getting this for SP, don't think I will like online, but will try it.'  Today, I have played only about a third of the game SP and have a ridiculous number of days online played, and what really did this for me was the Heists (it is how I met my crew that I play with most nights).

I know we aren't all the same, but at some point, this is a 3 1/2 year old game that is much closer to the end than the beginning.  People at some point need to accept that this IS what the game is going to be.  I also have listened to so many complain that RS doesn't listen to their fan base and won't do anything that allows players to make real money (and "we'll never see double heists again").   This last month has proven that this is completely untrue.  It's more than a little annoying (though completely expected) that some are still complaining anyway.  I mean, for lone wolf guy, do you not remember that just two promos ago we had double $/RP on contact missions for two whole weeks, most of which you could solo?  Not everything is going to cater to YOU.

Ghoffman9
  • Ghoffman9

Friendly?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 May 2017 - 04:26 PM

I already said what the punishment should be in a previous post.

That should someone die and the heist successfully be competed, a portion of that player's cut is docked and evenly distributed amongst the other three.

I pointed out the helicopter scenario to point out the flaws in the system forcing mission failure should anyone die. Whats stopping the remaining three simply getting in the chopper and flying off to finish the heist? Nothing, hence the mission failure being completely pointless.

What is funny KWF, is that when I bought the game with my cousin, he mentioned online.  I said, i am getting this for SP, don't think I will like online, but will try it.  Today, I have played only about a third of the game SP and have a ridiculous number of days online played, and what really did this for me was the Heists (it is how I met my crew that I play with most nights).

I know we aren't all the same, but at some point, this is a 3 1/2 year old game that is much closer to the end than the beginning.  People at some point need to accept that this IS what the game is going to be.  I also have listened to so many complain that RS doesn't listen to their fan base and won't do anything that allows players to make real money (and "we'll never see double heists again").   This last month has proven that this is completely untrue.  It's more than a little annoying (though completely expected) that some are still complaining anyway.  I mean, for lone wolf guy, do you not remember that just two promos ago you double $/RP on contact missions for two whole weeks, most of which you could solo?  Not everything is going to cater to YOU.

However it is good advice for future installments, I prefer developers learn from their mistakes, not repeat them in future installments.

KWF1981
  • KWF1981

Soldier

• Members
  • England

Posted 12 May 2017 - 04:28 PM Edited by KWF1981, 12 May 2017 - 04:39 PM.

@ Geoffman9... Good luck!!! If a noob dies on a job, knowing they get less and give more to the others... We all got a quit strategy my man... Plus it'll be exploited... What if some c*nt throws me out their PV on a job so I end up in the middle of a clusterf*ck... NOPE!!!

@ Rockstar_Fanboy... 1000% in agreement with all you posted there... There has just been so many 2x events, like Adv. modes that I have had zero interest in, I had no complaints at all, the stunt races are frequently up too... So many times these things are overlooked when the week doesn't bode well for them on other things...

Rockstar_Fanboy
  • Rockstar_Fanboy

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 May 2017 - 04:29 PM

Spoiler

I know we aren't all the same, but at some point, this is a 3 1/2 year old game that is much closer to the end than the beginning.  People at some point need to accept that this IS what the game is going to be.  I also have listened to so many complain that RS doesn't listen to their fan base and won't do anything that allows players to make real money (and "we'll never see double heists again").   This last month has proven that this is completely untrue.  It's more than a little annoying (though completely expected) that some are still complaining anyway.  I mean, for lone wolf guy, do you not remember that just two promos ago you double $/RP on contact missions for two whole weeks, most of which you could solo?  Not everything is going to cater to YOU.

However it is good advice for future installments, I prefer developers learn from their mistakes, not repeat them in future installments.

Hard for me to know what to do with this since I don't know what "mistakes" you are talking about.

Ghoffman9
  • Ghoffman9

Friendly?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 May 2017 - 04:33 PM Edited by Ghoffman9, 12 May 2017 - 04:37 PM.

@ Geoffman9... Good luck!!! If a noob dies on a job, knowing they get less and give more to the others... We all got a quit strategy my man... Plus it'll be exploited... What if some c*nt throws me out their PV on a job so I end up in the middle of a clusterf*ck... NOPE!!!

and with the current system whats stopping a player from griefing by intentionally killing themselves over and over? What about the classic kill yourself at the last second griefing strategy? Good luck!!!

So what if they intentionally make you die? You still get the last laugh cause they're basically doing the whole heist for you. Granted you are getting a little less but it still does not change that they're doing the heist for you. They're more along the lines of griefing themselves than they are you cause they now have to take on an additional workload that you would have been taken care of had you not been griefed.

That is the whole point of docking a dead players pay and giving it to those who completed it, to compensate them for the additional work they did because you died.

DentureDynamite
  • DentureDynamite

GTAO PC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 May 2017 - 04:34 PM Edited by DentureDynamite, 12 May 2017 - 04:55 PM.

The problem is pretty much the same as it was in contact missions. That being everyone is given a shared pool of lives, and it punishes players for the mistakes others make. Heists took it a step further and made an already prevalent problem even worse by automatically failing missions if someone dies and there are no lives left, even if you are still alive and in the fight at the time. The BS excuse they give being the heist is impossible to continue without that person, which is ludicrous for most situations the five heists throw at you.

Demolition dies in Prison Break? Plane just has to evade missiles without any support from demolition, which is easily doable. One time I evaded a jet chasing me for ten minutes straight with no help from the demolition, and I did it easily. When everyone jumps out of the plane have them hop on motor bikes waiting for them on the shore instead and drive out.

Prisoner or Prison Guard die during Prison Break? The other simply keeps going without support from the other.

One of the ground team dies in Humane Labs? The other guy can complete it, just without any backup.

One of the defenders die Series A Funding? Just keep going, you got three other players there.

Someone dies during the escape out of Pacific Standard? Just have someone else pick up the bag of money they were carrying (if they were carrying any at all) and keep going. There is no vital role anyone plays during the escape.

Then to top it all off, if any player dies and the heist completed successfully, some of their cut is docked and distributed equally amongst the others.

^^ This. But I would also add that--conspiracy theory or not--knowing how much time is wasted on them, heists are one of R*'s best "player time sponges" out there.

My biggest beef with heists though is R* continuing to dictate how players do their heists (e.g. disabling the Armored Kuruma, follow this path through the yellow dots, etc.) Telling players "you will do it this way" flies directly in the face of what open world gaming is all about. Those limits don't exist (for the most part; Special Vehicles are one glaring exception) even in Contact Missions.

True open world gaming is smart--and good--enough to give the player an objective, and then say "go do it", giving them complete freedom as to how it's done. GTA online fails epically in that regard.

The fun of experimenting and trying new ways to do things provides considerably more game play variety and stirs more interest and creativity than the current system, where player fun largely consists of finding new ways to push back against the draconian limits.

• El Payaso likes this

Ninja_Nicoya
  • Ninja_Nicoya

Skillz

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 May 2017 - 04:41 PM

You right.

KWF1981
  • KWF1981

Soldier

• Members
  • England

Posted 12 May 2017 - 04:46 PM Edited by KWF1981, 12 May 2017 - 04:47 PM.

@ Denture Dynamite I agree there, certain restrictions are beyond me, personally I feel the Kuruma patch came purely to slow the repeat glitch, but it backfired as many now look elsewhere... Though, in a samdbox game, I don't see the harm in someone stealing a chopper to fly the team home... But that's me, and I can fully accept the objection from those in disagreement, and for the record, I ride up, I'll steal a car if I crash and my bike launches half a mile down the road though, lol...

@ Geofman... Nothing's gonna stop a troll, unless you get a trusted team, and that troll, usually, don't give a f*ck about cash, so they'll still leave to f*ck you up. Plus, then heists would be the same as contact missions, full of idle c*nts, too lazy to get their own damn cash.

El Payaso
  • El Payaso

CPoC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 May 2017 - 04:48 PM Edited by El Payaso, 12 May 2017 - 04:48 PM.

A player dieing should simply make the mission harder, not failing the whole thing and sending everyone back to the starting line. If the remaining players are good they will persevere. Except they are never given this chance, and that is the issue at hand. A player could even die for the dumbest sh*t like parachuting into the helicopter blades at the end of Prison Break, realistically the remaining three can all just get in and fly off to complete the heist, leaving their dumbass teammate behind. What important thing did that player have left to contribute that it required doing the entire heist all over again? Having such unnecessary restrictions in place ultimately hurts the co-op experience, and it shows.

If Rockstar:

1. Gives everyone their own pool of lives

2. Let missions continue despite a player dieing and exhausting their lives

3. Let other players take on the roles of a dead player

If these were a thing I would imagine not many would be having issue with these heists.

Apparently, it's so difficult to understand why it's annoying to have to start the heist again just because of some stupid thing or a disconnect at the end.

• DentureDynamite and Gtapizzadouche14 like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users