Quantcast

» «
Photo

Heists should be solo

225 replies to this topic

Poll: Heist failure (152 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like failing a heist due to a player death?

1. No, it is annoying and unnecessary (114 votes [75.00%])

Percentage of vote: 75.00%

2. Yes, I enjoy the challenge it presents (38 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote
FaultyDroid
  • FaultyDroid

Not the one you're looking for

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 11 May 2017 - 04:30 PM

I goof around and fail the mission when it was 80% finished

I hate when a crew member leave when the heist is 95% done it dosen't make sense that you would just have to drive to somewhere even nobody is chasing you or anything and failing the mission because of some douche leaving.

?
  • gtafan26, Shadowfennekin, Furry_Monkey and 6 others like this

KWF1981
  • KWF1981

Soldier

• Members
  • England

Posted 11 May 2017 - 04:32 PM

^ Priceless...

darkdragon74
  • darkdragon74

( ⌐■ _ ■ )

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 May 2017 - 05:10 PM Edited by darkdragon74, 11 May 2017 - 05:13 PM.

I goof around and fail the mission when it was 80% finished

I hate when a crew member leave when the heist is 95% done it dosen't make sense that you would just have to drive to somewhere even nobody is chasing you or anything and failing the mission because of some douche leaving.

?
Failing a mission is better rather than a douche leaving.

Failing a mission will let you restart in a checkpoint if the players agrees to restart

Leaving will fail the mission and you cannot restart in a checkpoint

BTW when i say goof around i get a little more adventurous know what i mean? What i mean is when a curiosity strikes to do that or to something that alot of would serious players wont do so i dont intentionaly want to fail the mission i just want to know what will happen after what i did.
This adventurous feeling helped alot like when doing the pacific standard job rather than taking the bikes i used a riot van to gurantee nobody will die.
  • El Payaso likes this

mmm chocolate
  • mmm chocolate

.... BLAINE COUNTY .... xbox one

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 11 May 2017 - 05:30 PM

was thinking about this again last night while getting frustrated that others would leave or disconnect in the middle of a finale.

i'm actually surprised Rockstar hasnt made a way to monetize this yet.

you pay 50,000 - 100,000 to have three other AI players do their respective jobs while killing a few enemies each.

you don't make as much per heist but it would would remove the waiting and repeated failures.

hell, on Hard they could even let one of your AI teammates die during the finale to make it a bit more challenging.

ragedandcaged
  • ragedandcaged

HYPOCRISY IS THICK HERE.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 May 2017 - 05:32 PM

@El

They should stay alive.

El Payaso
  • El Payaso

CPoC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 May 2017 - 06:03 PM Edited by El Payaso, 11 May 2017 - 06:04 PM.

@ El Payaso... A discussion, absolutely... I fully agree with may of the complaints players have regarding heists, but the game has many solo player ventures, many versus player ventures, so a co-op section on GTA:O is also a perfectly ideal scenario... I also firmly agree & believe in R*'s policy, that as a solo player, you can play, and earn well, if got the time, you can buy it all via shark cards, if less time available to play instead... Or, you can team/crew up and achieve much more for less time or setup costs...

I'm certainly not sympathising with some of the ignorance I've read regarding heist issues, many bring it on themselves... How many times I've seen a high ranking host take a level 6 or something, purely out of impatience, and through that low ranks inability to carry full armour, or take much less damage from NPC's... Being smart isn't just about you knowing the job, but knowing the game as a whole, learning patterns and traits, again, not all judgements are correct, the aforementioned level 6 could be a ninja, but facts are facts, he still can't carry extra armour, he may not know about snacks... A smarter heister will spot the potential hazard and not take that risk...

My lil' rant isn't directed at anyone specific, just in the last 24 hours, so many are criticizing these, and genuinely here complaining about their struggles, only to have wasted their breath, IMO, and could have looked for people online for when they are...

I mean, with my reputation on here, I've found some real solid guys and have enjoyed some really great sessions with many from here, yes, I've had bad reactions, and good... It's great to talk GTA, and I do a fair share, but some just set themselves up for failure, by lacking a simple common sense man...

I love this game... I'll always be around to talk GTA... (Until they stop me, lol...)

My idea isn't necessarily to make all heists completely solo. There are just certain aspects of it that boggles me. I will try to go through some of them.

Just to be clear, the finales should definitely be a team thing. It makes perfect sense because there are well defined "critical" roles. However, many of the setups don't require four people. If we compare it to story mode, some of the setups were done using only person. Like the jewelry store job, where Michael steals the exterminator van all by himself.

Rockstar could mix it up a little. Out of four setups, have one be a four man thing, another one a two man thing and the remaining two be solo.

Now for certain finales like Prison Break, Human Raid, (I don't remember Series A too much) but for those two, it makes perfect sense why the heist fails when someone dies. However, in Pacific Standard, it doesn't make sense. There isn't really any critical roles. One person could just as easily open the doors, hack and collect all the cash. I'm not saying one person should but if someone dies in Pac Standard, someone else can easily pick up the task of the other person. Nothing critical is going on here.

Similar to most other game modes where you're picking up a crate or supplies or whatever, the other team members should be able to pick up the money bag if someone dies and drops it. Failing the heist at the boat because someone thought it would be a good idea to jump down the canyon or out of the helicopter without deploying his parachute is mental. 

I remember in the clover heist in GTA IV. When Michael dies, the heist isn't failed. Instead, the crew just keeps on going and completes the heist without him. I know it's the way the story is intended to go but it highlights what I'm talking about. Punishing the entire team and making them start over because of a death that doesn't affect the heist is just dumb.

Like I said, I'm not saying heists should be completely solo. All I'm saying is certain part of heists and their setups could be altered a bit to not involve a four man team or to not punish the team for a death that isn't critical to the mission.

Mayochiki
  • Mayochiki

︻デ═一

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 May 2017 - 06:19 PM

Set-ups should have the option to be 1-2 players. It was like that in Story Mode, I don't remember needing Franklin, Michael and Trevor at the same time just to steal a truck or go get something out of someone. It's dumb, especially in set-ups like Trash Truck or Insurgent, where random teammates are next to useless.

Yeah, jump in front of all the enemies, dumbass, I don't see what could go wrong.

Yeah, expect the driver to be there to retrieve the bags and still protect you while you spam Flares randomly.

Just no. I get it if Finales require 4 players, but most set-ups (like Deliver EMP) are annoying with 4 players. Completing Deliver EMP with randoms is simply one of the most stressful things in the game. Four guys to sneak-in? What for? If they see you once the mission is over, so what's the point of bringing a group? All in all, Heists would be more enjoyable if you could do Set-ups on your own (it could work as a way to get the initial investment back)

• TCMike and El Payaso like this

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Oft-requested

• Members
  • None
  • Governor of San Andreas 2017
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 11 May 2017 - 06:39 PM

You should be able to have AI players/bots. They were useful in old games. Don't know why they don't seem to have them as much these days.

• gtafan26, Shadowfennekin, TCMike and 5 others like this

Elektra
  • Elektra

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 May 2017 - 06:42 PM

You should be able to have AI players/bots. They were useful in old games. Don't know why they don't seem to have them as much these days.

yea I've been playing wildlands and it's a cool feature I wish gtao had 😊
  • Happy Hunter likes this

Ray's Occult Books
  • Ray's Occult Books

Prankster

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 May 2017 - 06:44 PM Edited by Ray's Occult Books, 11 May 2017 - 06:45 PM.

If someone dies the heists should carry on and the person who dies doesn't get paid very simple.
Why should the other 3 heist members suffer the consequences,
just because someone was stupid enough to die in most cases.
  • wingoose and El Payaso like this

Rockstar_Fanboy
  • Rockstar_Fanboy

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 May 2017 - 07:12 PM Edited by Rockstar_Fanboy, 11 May 2017 - 07:10 PM.

@Op. Aren't you the one that was making dumb threads that got locked almost instantly? I can see your still doing that same civic duty.

Yes, you are remembering correctly.

The whole purpose of the heist is that you work together with a crew.  It is what made them different from missions (in that at least a bunch of the missions could be done solo).

People keep insisting on trying to make this a strictly "i play by my self and fight only NPC's" game.

If you want to play by yourself, fine, do the dozens of other activities that let you do this.  Otherwise, make some friends, learn to find good randoms, or just don't play them.

If someone dies the heists should carry on and the person who dies doesn't get paid very simple.
Why should the other 3 heist members suffer the consequences,
just because someone was stupid enough to die in most cases.

I do like this idea but would point out that some of the heists and set ups really do require 4 players each doing something different.  The finale in prison break comes to mind.

Commander S
  • Commander S

Preston, Esq.

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 11 May 2017 - 07:13 PM Edited by Commander S, 11 May 2017 - 07:15 PM.

Definitely think that heists should have stuck to the same format as contact missions when it comes to lives/death/quitting - and even more so lowrider/special vehicle missions.

get the thinking behind it - R* wanted heists to feel like a team effort (even though there are many, many missions where it's clear they couldn't think of anything meaningful for more than one or two people to do, and so just had people double-up on tasks), and beyond that, there's the issue of keeping everyone actively playing, instead of just sitting around spectating while the remaining players complete the job.

Trouble is, I imagine most people would rather wait and still get the payout at the end, rather than have to go and do the same thing over and over. And it's worse with lowrider/special vehicle missions, because most of them are even more like scaled-up single-player missions than even heist setups are - and on top of that, instead of a fixed payout, it's dependent on how long the mission takes (like with regular contact missions). Complete 'Arms Embargo' in reasonable time in one go? Probably about $15k, maybe more if you take your time. Almost complete it in the same length of time, then someone accidentally dunks one of the Ruiners, and you have to do the last drive from Zancudo all over again? That last bit'll only take 2 minutes, so enjoy that $500 for your efforts! :bored:

There's really not many other ways of saying it, so again: R* should have just stuck with original contact mission settings - 1 spare life on Hard, and shove people into spectator mode when they die, allowing people to complete the mission with a partial team. Yeah, there are some missions that'll wind up with a bust if you've not got a full team, but even a fair amount of heists can be pulled off so long as one person makes it (for example, as long as you've got to the Velum with Rashkovsky and one person to fly the plane, it doesn't matter if the rest of the team wipes on the way).

• aaronBLUEeyes, El Payaso, The-Irish-Hunter and 1 other like this

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud
  • DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

here is wondering how long a member title actually could be

• BUSTED!
  • Belgium

Posted 12 May 2017 - 03:44 AM

No, this is not the good way to fix the issues with heists.

First of all, matchmaking in general needs a fix.

Second, the button to invite "skill matched players" should actually work.

I mean, sure this is never gonna happen, but so do solo heists.

Like with many things in this game, the basic idea is really great, but the execution is just horrible.

I think that might be because games became more complicated.

Whenever someone these days implements ai that should actually help you, they really suck in general.

Just guessing though, i am not really well knowing about such things.

FaultyDroid
  • FaultyDroid

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 12 May 2017 - 05:31 AM

Like with many things in this game, the basic idea is really great, but the execution is just horrible.

Whenever someone these days implements ai that should actually help you, they really suck in general.

Yep, AI bots in something like heists would be a joke. Think of all the little tricks players have thought up over time.. getting to checkpoints at certain times, not following GPS, all the shortcuts.. AI bots can shoot, drive, & follow you. Thats about it.

I feel all you commando's dont realise how much you would miss human intuition if bots were introduced.
  • DarkSavageDeathlyCloud, El Payaso and KWF1981 like this

BioVirus
  • BioVirus

The Godfather

• Members

Posted 12 May 2017 - 05:35 AM

The Heist should continue if players die.   The dead players get to Spectate and cheer the living people on.

As long as 1 person survives and completes it, mission passed, IMO.

I agree that this current system is HORRIBLE and very frustrating playing with randoms.

• El Payaso, The-Irish-Hunter and PwnageSoldier like this

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Oft-requested

• Members
  • None
  • Governor of San Andreas 2017
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 12 May 2017 - 05:42 AM

Yep, AI bots in something like heists would be a joke. Think of all the little tricks players have thought up over time.. getting to checkpoints at certain times, not following GPS, all the shortcuts.. AI bots can shoot, drive, & follow you. Thats about it.

I feel all you commando's dont realise how much you would miss human intuition if bots were introduced.

Eh, I'm usually a lone wolf, so I wouldn't miss it much. And randoms ... They're more trouble than they're worth.

Bots probably wouldn't be possible right now though, yeah. The AI isn't that good - to be honest, AI in games in general doesn't seem like its moved on since the PS1 days.

So, more of a pipe dream, but I want to see clever bots some time. Even if they're dumb - if they can just stick with me, at least they wouldn't do some of the stuff randoms do.

• TCMike, El Payaso and Gtapizzadouche14 like this

FaultyDroid
  • FaultyDroid

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 12 May 2017 - 06:57 AM

Eh, I'm usually a lone wolf, so I wouldn't miss it much. And randoms ... They're more trouble than they're worth.

Bots probably wouldn't be possible right now though, yeah. The AI isn't that good - to be honest, AI in games in general doesn't seem like its moved on since the PS1 days.

So, more of a pipe dream, but I want to see clever bots some time. Even if they're dumb - if they can just stick with me, at least they wouldn't do some of the stuff randoms do.

I mostly lone wolf it too so I feel you, i'm just saying theres no substitute for a well co-ordinated human team, & thats what R* were aiming for I guess.

I was level 120-something & all i'd done is Fleeca, just couldnt find a regular group, for over a year. The trouble with playing alone for so long is you forget what a ball-ache randoms actually are.
  • El Payaso and Happy Hunter like this

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 12 May 2017 - 07:05 AM

you are frustrated because you allow too many low levels in your heists. just take only one under lvl 50 per mission. and you'll see everything will run fine. but i fully agree on the fact that heists shouldn't be stopped unless last guy has died, like survivals

El Payaso
  • El Payaso

CPoC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 May 2017 - 07:32 AM

you are frustrated because you allow too many low levels in your heists. just take only one under lvl 50 per mission. and you'll see everything will run fine. but i fully agree on the fact that heists shouldn't be stopped unless last guy has died, like survivals

It. Does. Not. Matter. What. Level.

What matters is failing the heist because someone quits or dies. I just played a heist with someone and their girlfriend made them turn off their Xbox because she wanted them to go out. Guess where he turned it off? As we were about to get into the boat. He wasn't carrying the money or doing anything critical. Instead, we all got punished because he couldn't stay for just a few seconds longer.

I'm saying that heists should continue if a non critical role dies.
  • Gettin up, SkynetOnlineID and D.B. Cooper like this

aaronBLUEeyes
  • aaronBLUEeyes

Sovereign for the GUILD of CALAMIT0US INTENT

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 May 2017 - 07:55 AM

Heists are multifaceted endeavors which require more than one person to perform specific roles within a given situation.

As result cannot possibly be done solo, there needs to be a heist "crew" to take a score, says Lester
  • KWF1981 likes this

KWF1981
  • KWF1981

Soldier

• Members
  • England

Posted 12 May 2017 - 08:18 AM

@ El Payaso... Level/rank DOES matter... You could be f*cking batman at rank 5 and know everything... But at rank 5 they CANNOT carry a 2nd (or more) spare armour packs... In a heavy shootout, if there is no armoured vehicles to use, like Series A, where there's lots of running and gunning, having these perks WILL make things safer... Now, as I said, at that rank, WITH good teammates, communication, that level 5 will cruise through, even the damn CMM challenge too if played right... I started mine at Rank 23 and completed it by rank 26, granted, I had knowledge, I had a good team, we had mics and it was a piece of piss to pass, and I didn't really know the guys, just relied on their high ranks, they relied on my nous...

And that sh*t you wrote above, in Pac Standard, there's no critical roles... along with much of what you put, you miss the point of heists, you make it out like R* just did it to f*ck us up... They said long before the heists came out that these will be team/.crew based co-op missions, and since solo public is all the rage, I fully agree with others saying that you just got so lazy and used to calling all the shots on your games, and by being solo and cut off from the larger community, you limit your options...

As you, and others have said, after 2 years no less, you still haven't done Series A, others are stuck at Deliver EMP, or Prison Break - Station and the like... They gave up, and spent their time crying here over it instead of looking for buddies/help/minions... Whatever you want really...

Sorry, but you just bitch and moan at the fact that teams are succeeding, hugely too, and you have to read those successes, and it makes you feel you are missing out, well, IMO, you are... Fully...

Your right, many heist jobs can be done solo, but to be fair, half those solo methods were created purely by the lone wolf type, trying to do like anything else in GTA, and just make it all too easy, besides, I'm yet to watch a cool heist movie where we're just watching the one man do everything, abd 3 others just chilling and waiting... Behave, how sh*t some of those films would be without that slickness, the comradery too, it all makes sense, and P.S. vans, will go much easier if the team can actually pull off what the game suggests, pair up, play properly...

Play how you want, I know the game allows interpretation and freedom of choice, but those choices come with consequences... you can take all 4 pictures, but if you wanna Rambo the whole damn thing, then do so, but you must then find a way to appease your team, to stop bored idiots costing you the job... That's the whole point to a heist...

Teamwork and sharing knowledge... To be efficient, swift and ruthless... TOGETHER.

Quite simple for those that can, choosing to be anti-social on these jobs is just not good enough, don't even have to talk if the guys are decent and can read their damn TV screens too... The options are there, on this site to find 3 to pass a full heist and setups in an hour or less per run, I'd highly advise spending more time doing so, these ain't changing, so make the most, or continue to miss out...

• ragedandcaged likes this

ragedandcaged
  • ragedandcaged

HYPOCRISY IS THICK HERE.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 May 2017 - 08:33 AM

Plenty of time to make friends considering heists were delayed.

Coleco
  • Coleco

Shut up and dance you FOOLS

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 12 May 2017 - 08:37 AM

I'd like at least one heist that you could do solo.  It could take an hour to do the setups and the finale and you come out with about $120,000 profit, so it's not really giving more than mission grinding.  It would just be nice for the casual solo player who jumps on for a few hours here and there.

This  :^:

I've rarely played Heists since about a month after release in 2015 - some I've only managed to complete once - that's pretty poor for something so widely anticipated before release. I'm so glad it wasn't paid DLC.

Heists were killed off early for me for two reasons:

• A necessity to find other players in a game that is plagued with connection issues and an expectation to work together when most of the general GTAO experience actively promotes PvP at every opportunity
  • Ridiculous rigidity/linearity, which seriously hurts replay value

VIP/CEO/Biker updates were far, far better in my opinion, way more open and flexible plus you don't have to wait for Jimmy Random to join just to start screwing things up in your game session for the lulz

• Furry_Monkey and TCMike like this

KWF1981
  • KWF1981

Soldier

• Members
  • England

Posted 12 May 2017 - 08:42 AM

@ Coleco... To avoid 99% of heist connection issues is easy to avoid... 2 ways, off the top off my head...

1, decent internet, connected via Ethernet cable. Seriously, wifi on GTA when with others is sh*t, always has been.

2, The host of a 4 man job, should start in an invite only session, bring the 3 others in and invite all to apartment, very rare to get errors from there.

• Coleco likes this

Coleco
  • Coleco

Shut up and dance you FOOLS

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 12 May 2017 - 08:48 AM

@ Coleco... To avoid 99% of heist connection issues is easy to avoid... 2 ways, off the top off my head...

1, decent internet, connected via Ethernet cable. Seriously, wifi on GTA when with others is sh*t, always has been.

2, The host of a 4 man job, should start in an invite only session, bring the 3 others in and invite all to apartment, very rare to get errors from there.

Oh yeah, I swear by Ethernet cables these days!

Thanks for the tips - might try that when with friends wanna do some gunrunning :)

• KWF1981 likes this

AmyStone
  • AmyStone

Amy Stone

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 May 2017 - 10:45 AM

I think I would never had met these people I usually play with if it wasn't for heists.

Yes. This is how I met all of my GTA friends.

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud
  • DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

here is wondering how long a member title actually could be

• BUSTED!
  • Belgium

Posted 12 May 2017 - 11:28 AM

Not to mention in this game full with bugs and glitches.

I just would not see it end well.

Jlindstead
  • Jlindstead

?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 May 2017 - 12:20 PM

I too, like somebody else previously posted have met alot of my friends and joined my current crew through playing heists with other people. So I have had the same thought as OP, but I'm glad it's not that way for that reason only. Now with that said, a couple weeks ago my GTA disc was cracked and would not load.  I decided I wasn't only going to get a new disc, but I bought a PS4 Pro as well.  I got the insurance on the new disc and brought the old cracked one back under the new warranty :).  SO now I have 2 PS4's and 2 GTA discs.  SO sad I am....I have run the fleeca job several times using both PS4's on the same TV beginning to end.  I have done the Pac Standard Finale with 2 other friends when we couldn't find a 4th person.  I can collect crates with both with ease, and CEO/Biker missions & challenges can be done by 2 of me!...It's funny when friends join the lobby I'm in and see both of my accounts, the reaction is typically a puzzled question: "J, What are you doing?" lol, it's great

Dingleberry Pie
  • Dingleberry Pie

Be as bias as possible with power abuse

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 May 2017 - 01:58 PM

Some heist only need 3 people, the fact it goes from 2 ppl to 4 ppl is ridiculous.

• El Payaso likes this

PwnageSoldier
  • PwnageSoldier

Commander of Wolf Operations

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 12 May 2017 - 02:06 PM Edited by PwnageSoldier, 12 May 2017 - 02:08 PM.

Nah, I think there should be at least a person with you and two AI. That way nobody gonna f*ck up for no f*cking reason. And the AI should be programmed like they are in SP heists, so they don't f*ck up if you don't f*ck up.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users