969 replies to this topic
Thugsworth
  • Thugsworth

ok profile

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A day ago

https://imgur.com/gallery/0YKGu
PS2 graphics now doesnt even show, (Same applies with VC Trails) but standard non-blurry mobile graphics work correctly.

thalilmythos
  • thalilmythos

Vigilante.

• Members
  • None

Posted A day ago

I can't play this, or any other total conversion for that mather due to the "unhandle exception" error that vice city tend to have for a lot of players, i wonder if any of you guys have ever experienced this frustrating problem, i don't want this to go off topic for me, but maybe, just a quote and i'll message whoever, i really want to try this, even if it's still beta.

• Mememan likes this

Mr. Boredom 1603
  • Mr. Boredom 1603

Ehh, I'm tired.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A day ago

You shouldn't be installing it to the Vice City folder. Install it in a separate location

Arrow
  • Arrow

Good Life

• Facade
  • India
  • Helpfulness Award [WD&P Mega Topic]

Posted A day ago Edited by Arrow, A day ago.

1-Will this crash on Windows XP?

The mod should work on XP if you're able to run VC without any issues.

My PC is from 2006 and has a Pentium 4 processor, pal.

For optimum performance, you seriously need to get your PC updated man.

OK, trees aren't from III then.

Ofcourse not. All the models are based on the LCS PS2 version.

I can't play this, or any other total conversion for that mather due to the "unhandle exception" error that vice city tend to have for a lot of players, i wonder if any of you guys have ever experienced this frustrating problem, i don't want this to go off topic for me, but maybe, just a quote and i'll message whoever, i really want to try this, even if it's still beta.

Did you try installing the mod on a clean version of VC?

thalilmythos
  • thalilmythos

Vigilante.

• Members
  • None

Posted A day ago

I did it in a separate location and i did it in the vice city folder, i tried compatibility settings, and without it it has the unhandled exception crash before the menu screen, with the compatibility settings it crashes right on startup after the game loads.

Mr. Boredom 1603
  • Mr. Boredom 1603

Ehh, I'm tired.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A day ago

Which exe are you using?

thalilmythos
  • thalilmythos

Vigilante.

• Members
  • None

Posted A day ago

gtalcs or gta-lc doesn't matter, both of the exes from the installation, all i have is that, the hotfix, and frontend,asi i believe it must be a problem with my system, because i did it all well, unless i misunderstood it all, and i have to copy and paste the files on top of a clean VC installation (which i also tried) so at this point, i don't think is me doing something wrong

Arrow
  • Arrow

Good Life

• Facade
  • India
  • Helpfulness Award [WD&P Mega Topic]

Posted A day ago Edited by Arrow, A day ago.

gtalcs or gta-lc doesn't matter, both of the exes from the installation, all i have is that, the hotfix, and frontend,asi i believe it must be a problem with my system, because i did it all well, unless i misunderstood it all, and i have to copy and paste the files on top of a clean VC installation (which i also tried) so at this point, i don't think is me doing something wrong

I'm a bit unclear on your understanding here but you need to install Beta 1.5 and then the Hotfix on top of it. Is that the procedure you followed?

thalilmythos
  • thalilmythos

Vigilante.

• Members
  • None

Posted A day ago Edited by thalilmythos, A day ago.

Yes, that's the procedure i followed man, i read the readme, the topic, and by common sense i know first i install the mod, then the hotfix, and then the frontend.asi file, is cool, i'll find a way to make it work, must be Windows 8.1 (which is what i use) giving me trouble as usual, i'm thankfull for the input people.

To return a little bit on topic, i'm really excited for those missions, my god they seem so well done and so alike to the real thing.

Edit: Managed to make it work with the old dep trick, i can't do nothing but praise you people for this wonderfull work.

• Mememan likes this

Mememan
  • Mememan

Nemesis

• Members
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 23 hours ago

Yes, that's the procedure i followed man, i read the readme, the topic, and by common sense i know first i install the mod, then the hotfix, and then the frontend.asi file, is cool, i'll find a way to make it work, must be Windows 8.1 (which is what i use) giving me trouble as usual, i'm thankfull for the input people.
To return a little bit on topic, i'm really excited for those missions, my god they seem so well done and so alike to the real thing.

Edit: Managed to make it work with the old dep trick, i can't do nothing but praise you people for this wonderfull work.

I am using windows 10 and same thing happens to me

3 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users