Is grinding worth it vs Shark Cards?

218 replies to this topic
Maibatsu545
  • Maibatsu545

veritas vos liberabit

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2017 - 02:46 AM

Grinding is a waste of time unless it's 2x missions/ heists and you have a solid crew. Only a fool buys shark cards. Therefore, the only winning move is not to play. That is unless it's a 2x situation and even then. Nothing in this game is really worth the grind or the money.

Pocket Fox
  • Pocket Fox

Kinda Foxy

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 May 2017 - 02:46 AM

Unless you're a clickbait youtuber, shark cards are way too expensive. Faster to grind then work a job to use that real money to buy shark cards.

• GTAUrbanCamping likes this

Gray-Hand
  • Gray-Hand

Rat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 May 2017 - 03:09 AM Edited by Gray-Hand, 10 May 2017 - 03:09 AM.

Unless you're a clickbait youtuber, shark cards are way too expensive. Faster to grind then work a job to use that real money to buy shark cards.

That's just not true. For me to grind $GTA8 million, I would have to play about 20-24 hours, probably spread across two weekends - so about 9 days.
Conversely, I can immediately spend $100 bucks on a shark card to get the money within a few minutes and recoup the money by working at my job for a few hours. And have cash left over.
  • Forza Harrd likes this

XZKL
  • XZKL

Player Hater

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 10 May 2017 - 03:22 AM

If you have a lot of spare time, grind.

If you don't, buy Shark cards... i.e. if you have the money

Sneakerhead.
  • Sneakerhead.

"So...Are there naked chicas?"

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 May 2017 - 03:22 AM

Just buy a modded account.

• zoso80 and The-Irish-Hunter like this

Sagrawa
  • Sagrawa

Upperdecker

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 10 May 2017 - 03:27 AM

If you have no morals and want to be a rl criminal, then yeah. Though why not rob a bank then? Much more profitable.

• JuniorChubb and KWF1981 like this

elfoam
  • elfoam

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 May 2017 - 03:51 AM

If you have no morals and want to be a rl criminal, then yeah. Though why not rob a bank then? Much more profitable.

Htf is buying an account to get around wasting your one and only life plus fixing bugs such as LSC crew over texture and ground fireworks not being buyable. Also removing profit from a company that feed on the poor, sick and deluded. How is that immoral. That is Saintly.
  • wangsparkinglot, idonknowhow, Forza Harrd and 2 others like this

Sagrawa
  • Sagrawa

Upperdecker

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 10 May 2017 - 04:02 AM

Htf is buying an account to get around wasting your one and only life plus fixing bugs such as LSC crew over texture and ground fireworks not being buyable. Also removing profit from a company that feed on the poor, sick and deluded. How is that immoral. That is Saintly.

Feed on the poor, poor people that can afford to have a last gen console in their home. Deluded, I'll give you that.

• JuniorChubb likes this

derek0514
  • derek0514

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2017 - 04:20 AM

I don't use shark cards. My wealth in game is self made.

Sneakerhead.
  • Sneakerhead.

"So...Are there naked chicas?"

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 May 2017 - 04:25 AM Edited by Sneakerhead., 10 May 2017 - 04:26 AM.

Feed on the poor, poor people that can afford to have a last gen console in their home. Deluded, I'll give you that.

You can get a LG console for literally $40-$80 now lol

And if you still can't afford a PS4/XB1 in 2017 then yes you are poor.

• KWF1981 likes this

Sagrawa
  • Sagrawa

Upperdecker

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 10 May 2017 - 04:48 AM

You can get a LG console for literally $40-$80 now lol

And if you still can't afford a PS4/XB1 in 2017 then yes you are poor.

$40 seems a bit off, and you still need to have a controller, the game, internet. Even if it all comes to $200, it seems like you're really poor if you can't fork that over at some point. But that is only in the bubble we're living in.

Once you can complain about prices of luxury items in a virtual world that exist only on your luxury item, you are filthy rich. You may not feel like that, because we're mostly surrounded by evenly rich or richer people, but we still all are.

• Sneakerhead. likes this

Pocket Fox
  • Pocket Fox

Kinda Foxy

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 May 2017 - 06:23 AM

That's just not true. For me to grind $GTA8 million, I would have to play about 20-24 hours, probably spread across two weekends - so about 9 days.
Conversely, I can immediately spend $100 bucks on a shark card to get the money within a few minutes and recoup the money by working at my job for a few hours. And have cash left over.

Takes me 8 hours to earn 8mil, considerably less with bonus events.

I'm playing the game while getting money in the game.

GTAUrbanCamping
  • GTAUrbanCamping

Urban Camper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2017 - 06:50 AM

i wish I could make $50/ hour.

I dont play to get rich. Its easy to get money, but if you want to buy everything in the game, shark cards can do it quickly.

wizooord
  • wizooord

Trick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2017 - 07:02 AM

modded accounts suck and i hate those but yeah morals have nothing to do with buying one, using it to grief helpless players sure go ahead feel guilty but that company is indeed feeding on the sick poor and deluded, even without selling cards.

zoso80
  • zoso80

I didn't leave GTA, GTA left me.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2017 - 07:23 AM Edited by zoso80, 10 May 2017 - 07:27 AM.

No Morals?

How cute!  That's the funniest argument against modded accounts I've heard.  Great laugh. Thanks.

Real peach argument.  I guess I ran over Chop once, that makes me an animal hater and that I've run over people in-game makes me anti-man and anti-woman. 

Think McFly, think!

tenor.gif

• deadx23, R3CON and El Payaso like this

Gray-Hand
  • Gray-Hand

Rat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 May 2017 - 07:31 AM

Takes me 8 hours to earn 8mil, considerably less with bonus events.

I'm playing the game while getting money in the game.

How do you earn $1 million per hour without glitching?

KornbreadMaf1a
  • KornbreadMaf1a

Not a pretty nigga but my mom thinks I'm handsome

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2017 - 09:15 AM

Buying an account makes you a real life criminal, ha. You must live in a nice safe little bubble.

ragedandcaged
  • ragedandcaged

FURIOUS STYLES

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2017 - 09:18 AM

I don't use shark cards. My wealth in game is self made.

I bought shark cards and I duped cars.

My wealth in game is also self made.
  • KornbreadMaf1a likes this

El Payaso
  • El Payaso

CPoC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2017 - 09:53 AM

LOL at people that spend real money on in game items. Just when I thought human stupidity had a limit.

• A.O.D.88, The-Irish-Hunter and DeXiovi like this

KWF1981
  • KWF1981

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • England

Posted 10 May 2017 - 09:53 AM Edited by KWF1981, 10 May 2017 - 09:56 AM.

@ Gray Hand... Heist, 2 Pac. Standards will pay $500k each at the moment on hard at 20%, that'll take no more than 45 mins with a decent team...

A full Pac standard can be done in an hour with decent players very easily too... At the moment you'll get $250k for the setups, but if you join on call and get a load of Fleeca Finales, that'll make a mil very quickly at the moment, at 40%, you'll get 115k for 5 minutes with a decent player...

Finale search for immediate cash without setups slowing ya down, or just get a team in, spend 3.5 hours on P.S. each hosting, at the moment, you'll earn $750k per full heist, and $1m on the one you host, if 40/20/20/20 is done on each... 3.5/4 hours, you'll have over $3.5m, more if bonuses are still to be earned too...

Criminal Mastermind should take a good team no more than 1 fair sized shift, or 2 easy sessions over 2 nights... Genuinely an easy target for most too...

MC contracts, with a full 8 players will earn around $40-65k per job, they take 2/3 minutes, only a 2 or so min wait for cooldown, can make over $500k an hour solo, so with a buff in pay on jobs with a team, you could make that easily too, maybe more, especially if you get 'Guns for Hire' often... Near $70k for 6 minutes of nothing, a doddle...

Spend this weekend putting a little thought and effort in these 2 modes, heists or contracts... Cash just keeps on coming... And the RP is awesome for new players/2nd characters/accounts too...

Failing that, do as many do, just play, but play smart when cash is more important at any given time, so many don't do this, or don't do that, many love to sit in freemode, killing or chasing too, that's no way to make cash. Teamwork, knowledge of certain perks/bonuses, and timesaving shortcuts, are the way forward... For me at least...

I agree with you though, $1m in an hour, maybe tricky in normal weeks, but there is always something paying double, usually Adv. modes, getting good on those pays though, very well...

CaliMeatWagon
  • CaliMeatWagon

Proud Kekistani

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [GTAO]

Posted 10 May 2017 - 09:53 AM Edited by CaliMeatWagon, 10 May 2017 - 09:54 AM.

Is an hour of playing video games valued the same as an hour of flipping burgers? Which hour of your time is worth more? 

• wizooord likes this

HARBUJAHN THE GREATEST
  • HARBUJAHN THE GREATEST

Freeroaming carebear hug/kiss ratio 15.90

• Members
  • England

Posted 10 May 2017 - 10:06 AM Edited by HARBUJAHN THE GREATEST, 10 May 2017 - 10:07 AM.

Just have your coke/meth labs running and fund them job done 

I used my rebate to kickstart them again and made over 2mil since from doing very little. The game throws cash at you if you play it right

• CaliMeatWagon, El Payaso and KWF1981 like this

Aznknight
  • Aznknight

How may I offend you today?

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 May 2017 - 10:08 AM Edited by Aznknight, 10 May 2017 - 10:15 AM.

I know people on my list who play all day and as a result make millions everyday.

If you like the grind of heisting and doing CEO/Biker stuff then it's worth more than Shark Cards.

However, if you have responsibilities outside of playing video games (work, children, other hobbies, friends etc) then maybe buying shark cards is the way to go.

I have a belief; if I am suddenly living to work rather than working to live, then I'm doing something wrong.

In a year's time all the hours OR shark cards you've spent on this game will soon matter in the future. You could have spent that money on real life investments that would have paid you twice over. Or, you could have spent those hours playing sports or working out so you're not so fat.

It's all perspective.
  • Sagrawa, AfroKloud and KWF1981 like this

Talon Logistics
  • Talon Logistics

Frank Bator III

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2017 - 10:12 AM Edited by Talon Logistics, 10 May 2017 - 10:20 AM.

Sorry the long post :p

I think just playing the game is worth it. I started on Xbox 360 and now I'm on Xbox one, transferred character.

I used the first ever car dupe glitches on Xbox 360 to really get me started because R* really makes it hard to earn any real money in the game by doing the contact missions and things when you're a low level. I am thankful I was able to get a real good start back then without spending REAL money on a game.

I am also thankful for free DLC. In my eyes I don't like spending real money in exchange for virtual rewards.

Now my definition of grinding is still using a glitch to get myself a garunteed single session and just fill my small warehouse with cargo and sell it over and over. Easy, boring, sure. But leisurely and a pure grind. I own a medium warehouse for no reason, don't really ever fill it.

Even selling vehicle cargo for the highest price costs money to mod it first.

R* in my eyes obviously prefers we buy their shark cards, but also prefers we still play the game with all the expensive toys we need the GTA$ to buy.

'grinding' is worth it to keep yourself going if you've already managed to make it to CEO money level, high end car owner, multi garage owning for reason.

Unfortunately in my opinion if you just got the game and you're brand new, you'll either need to take advantage of these double gta$ events going on (fishy, something must be coming soon that's really expensive) or break down and get a shark card to at least get you an office and a small cargo warehouse. Grind crates (look up the single session playlist glitch to be able to do it alone publicly without idiots interfering) to get the rest of your GTA bank filled. Other than that contact missions alone can be good time passers but really don't pay well.

Again, I am thankful I was able to take advantage of the first (innocent) easy car duplication glitches that were discovered upon release to help build my GTA bank account. I still just play and 'grind' for my gta$. Sometimes it's worth it to get the necessities like an office, buzzard attack chopper, etc. Then just keep 'grinding' and playing the game to save up! :)

Biggest in-game purchase I ever made was just recently, I bought that Ruiner special vehicle with the rockets, gun, jumping ability and parachute on it. Like 4million gta$! Was sad to see my money back at 0 gta$.

In conclusion, I make money easily with special cargo and occasionally special vehicle cargo. If you're a low level and don't have these things, a shark card may help. Think of it as a paid add-on to the game if you've just bought it. Once you get started it's not hard to make decent gta$.

Milesinho
  • Milesinho

Playa

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 May 2017 - 10:16 AM

This discussion is based around the perception that the ultimate goal is to own everything in the game, which doesn't make sense to me. If someone gave you all the money in the world, would you buy everything there is simply because you could?

I've never bought a shark card and never felt the inclination to. I've also never felt the urge to grind as I play simply for fun. When I stop having fun, I play something else, and come back to GTA days or weeks later.

I'm a day one player but I haven't made nearly as much money as many players – about $60m in total. I used to do lots of racing. I also spend a lot of time just hanging out in free roam, doing challenges, joining or hosting jobs when I feel like it. I own the Aquarius yacht (which I bought in the half price sale), office, warehouse, car warehouse, a couple of apartments a few garages, mc clubhouse, three businesses. 

Maybe it's because I don't feel the need to own every supercar and pointless special vehicle in the game, but I've never felt my progression in the game has been hampered by lack of money. I've always had enough money to buy the things I want.

There was a great example of the problematic mentality of many GTAO players posted on here after the biker update came out. Someone posted that they'd bought all the new bikes, all the clothes, all the businesses and fully upgraded them straight away, and they were p****d off because it cost them $30m and they didn't have any money left. Somehow this was framed as being Rockstar's fault for being greedy. How the shuddering f*** does that make sense? Buy what you want or need. Don't just buy everything in the shop because it's there!

Of course, everyone is perfectly entitled to buy shark cards, but when you start moaning about Rockstar's greed, you need to weigh up what you spend against the amount of time you play. Given that one would expect to get on average  15-20 hours out of most full price video games, and most on here will have sunk hundreds if not thousands of hours into GTAO, then even with the occasional shark card purchase, you've still had your money's worth.

• Sagrawa, IamCourtney and KWF1981 like this

Talon Logistics
  • Talon Logistics

Frank Bator III

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2017 - 10:27 AM

Spoiler

Exactly how I feel. I made the mistake of buying multiple garages when the simple and easy car dupe glitches were around.

Other than that I never had the need to own everything in the game. Just the essentials, I have my cheapest office, cheapest small warehouse (a medium warehouse for no reason, another dumb purchase). Buzzard attack chopper and a few slick cars. I make money in the game easily with casual play. When I get bored, I get off Xbox! :)
  • Milesinho likes this

ragedandcaged
  • ragedandcaged

FURIOUS STYLES

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2017 - 11:05 AM

LOL at people that spend real money on in game items. Just when I thought human stupidity had a limit.

Judging by your post the sky is the limit.
  • Sagrawa likes this

Gray-Hand
  • Gray-Hand

Rat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 May 2017 - 11:17 AM

He apparently doesn't realise that he spent money on ingame items when he paid for the game.

Ray's Occult Books
  • Ray's Occult Books

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 May 2017 - 11:22 AM

I'd rather work at my own pace making ingame money than hand over real cash for those sharkcards, not willing to help Rockstar's greedy excutives. With the amount of money made from sharkcards sales the quality of the DLCs are piss poor.

ragedandcaged
  • ragedandcaged

FURIOUS STYLES

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2017 - 11:25 AM

He apparently doesn't realise that he spent money on ingame items when he paid for the game.

As you can tell from most of these posts many players are confused lol.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users